Number 2 owner of Fox News is Saudi Prince

Mel 2013/12/30 15:57:52
A Contrast: A Saudi Prince’s influence on Fox News vs. Murdoch family’s lack of influence on Rotana
by on April 25, 2013 in Blog, General

Last year, Rupert Murdoch’s Newscorp. significantly increased its ownership in a media entity headed by Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal.

Via Arabian Business:

News Corp will pay $35m for the shares, which will take its stake in Rotana to 18.97 percent. Last year, News Corp upped its stake to 14.53 percent.

The acquisition was announced after a meeting of the Rotana board chaired by Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, chairman of Rotana Holding, the Saudi Gazette reported.

Rotana owns the Arab world’s largest record label and about 40 percent of the region’s movies, and operates a number of free-to-air television channels.

Conversely, Bin Talal is the second largest shareholder of Newscorp. As such, the Saudi Prince has demonstrated an ability to influence how news is portrayed on Fox News Channel. For example, back in 2005, during coverage of Muslim riots in France, Fox News displayed a banner that identified the riots for what they were – “Muslim riots”.

Bin Talal relayed what happened next, via Think Progress:

I picked up the phone and called Murdoch… (and told him) these are not Muslim riots, these are riots out of poverty. Within 30 minutes, the title was changed from Muslim riots to civil riots.

This leads us to the kind of programming that airs on the Rotanna network. Does Rupert Murdoch or his son James have the ability to influence Rotana content? Assuming that both are appalled by songs that glorify martyrdom and programs that heap praise on hardened criminals, the answer is most likely no.

First, consider the example of Lebanese singer Fadl Shaker. During a lengthy interview he gave that appeared on Rotana Khalījīya, he sang the following song, translated thusly:

“O Mother, my religion calls me for Jihad and martyrdom.
O Mother I am going to eternity and I will not falter.
O Mother do not cry if I became one of the fallen.
Death does not scare me for my wish is to be martyred.

It’s ‘Allahu Akbar’, every time the bombs sing.
It’s Allahu Akbar, when the bullets announce their sound and chirp. It’s Allahu Akbar, the blood of my brothers is not in vain.

Victory is coming forth and righteousness has elevated its heat.
We refuse to submit and our concern is to erect our banner forever.
We refuse to bow to tyrants.
Death does not fear me and my wish is to be martyred.”

Now that you know what Saker sang, have a look at him singing it:

Is it a good thing to be afflicted with Islamophobia? Get the new book from Walid Shoebat, The Case FOR ISLAMOPHOBIA: Jihad by the Word; America’s Final Warning.

Another interview that aired on a Rotana program featured a convicted and hardened criminal named Homaidan Al-Turki, who is serving a prison sentence in Colorado for – among other things – theft, human trafficking, enslavement, rape, and molestation of an Indonesian minor. One does not need this interview translated to see that Al-Turki is being a given a platform and presented to an audience that very much wants his release.

Among other things, these examples seem to demonstrate that Bin Talal has the power to exert his influence on Fox News to the point of getting the network to retract truthful reporting. Conversely, the Murdochs are either incapable or unwilling to demand Talal’s network not promote criminals and criminal behavior.

Read More: http://shoebat.com/2013/04/25/a-contrast-a-saudi-p...

• A Founding Father 2013/12/31 02:31:48
    A Founding Father
    Well, haven't I been telling you for two years that the Saudi King has an outlet here in America broadcasting Anti-American propaganda 24/7 as part of the King's world-wide jihad and promise to destroy all "Western cultures"? Of course, his jihad is "fair and balanced", as all you zombies and supporters know.
    +1
    Rather simple, not only are we being misled by the Rabid Radical Political/Religious Right who use Faux Newz to spread misinformation and out right lies but we have a FOREIGN share owner of Faux Newz telling the primary share owner what to do!!

If ever there was a case for shutting down Faux Newz this just takes the cake.
  • Mel sjalan 2013/12/31 00:41:55
    Mel
    +1
    Plus, I posted two separate resources on this and the people denying this have not posted anything to the contrary. Notice that? I raved you BTW
  • sjalan Mel 2013/12/31 01:18:48
    +1
    Yep I noticed that too. If I remember correctly too, a media firm cannot be owned by a foreign national .
  • Mel sjalan 2013/12/31 04:12:04
    Mel
    +1
    Well Fox is not an American corporation. They're ownership is Australian. Rupert Murdoch is a citizen of Australia. And because they're not an American network that pays to be on cable and sat dish networks is why they can only be seen if you subscribe to such. There's no way they can be mainstream. However under FCC rules they can have affiliate stations as regular channels. This is an FCC exception that pisses me off. The only fox things I watch are Fox Sports. No politics there.
  • sjalan Mel 2013/12/31 05:37:04
    +1
    Myself I think I'd challenge that FCC rule since it still allows for outside influence of a major owner of the network's way of reporting as you have pointed out.

To continue to allow that to happen will continue to result in a division of our nation and eventual demise.
  • Mel 2013/12/30 21:28:43
    Mel
    Hey Jackie G, read this! Another source:
    Saudis Influencing Fox News
    It is of the utmost importance to begin to notice, to scrutinize and assess what Fox covers and -- more important -- what it doesn't and why.

BY RYAN MAURO Mon, February 18, 2013
    PrintPrintEmailEmail