Nuclear Tests In Mississippi? The Consequences of Corporate Controlled Media

chaoskitty123 2010/05/19 02:33:24
Who gives a crap, blast the Gulf oil spill so I can catch me some of those new sixteen eye mutant tunafish
This has me concerned because I hadn't considered how bad the media has become or that things like this were done to us by our own government with no media coverage to protect us
My thoughts are...
We all know that the US government did nuclear testing in the Southwest and in the Pacific... but did you know they did nuclear tests in Mississippi? How about the fact they lost an atomic bomb in the swamps of Florida that just came loose and fell out of the plane?

Well guess what... IT HAPPENED!

The two nuclear blasts that took place in Hattiesburg Mississippi were detonated in 1964 to test the effects of a nuclear explosion within solid salt. The first bomb test was called Project Salmon which succeeded in creating a blast so enormous the earth literally heaved and became fluid like with witnesses describing it like looking at waves in the ocean. Moreover, Mississippi was chosen for the blasts with no concern for the people it would effect as the effects of nuclear radiation were already well known. The real question is why Mississippi when there were suitable places in the southwest where no one lived and the answer seems to be that the state was impoverished and the US government want to see the effects of a nuclear blast underground on a living population and a "green" environment.

Around 400 people were removed from the area before the blast and given $10 for each adult and $5 per child for the "inconvenience" of the relocation until the test was over. Damage was extensive to homes and property. Up to 30 miles away, the blast shock waves could be felt and while the government was quick to pay for the damages... they did not relocate the people. When reporters questioned those living in the area, they all stated that they opposed the nuclear test but that the government had left them no choice in the matter... in fact, most people outside the blast zone didn't even know about the test and afterwards, the media largely concealed or refused to cover the story. This was, after all, a time when the media was much like it is today before journalists actually were free to do their jobs reporting stories like this and political activists were active trying to stop abuses like this by the US government against it's own people.

The second blast was a smaller nuclear device called project Sterling which was set off inside the cavity created by the first blast. The hope was, for whatever ungodly reason, that the second blast would not even be detected by seismic devices or anyone in the surrounding area. The blast was set off two years after Project Salmon in 1966 and achieved the results our government was searching for as the greatly reduced weapon barely was detected. However, two more tests were done here in 1969 and 1970 using conventional explosives which achieved the results our government was looking for as well.

For decades after the blast, local residents complained of higher incidences of cancer and other health problems greater than the national average. Many had, in fact, forgotten all about the blasts due to the almost non existent media coverage of the event. In 2000, a water pipeline was brought in to deliver water from miles away to help alleviate concerns about the nuclear testing and the health risks involved.

For more on this story click here http://mshistory.k12.ms.us/articles/293/nuclear-blasts-in-mis...

Some of you know that I constantly rant and discuss issues involving how our media is censoring the news. How our current government caused one of the worst man made ecological disasters in US history and most of the media simply does not give a damn to the point most Americans do not even know about the San Joachim Valley nor that a region in California the size of Rhode Island was literally turned into a dust bowl which had formerly been one of the nations greatest bread baskets. You have heard me talk about how we used to live in a society that was identical to the age we live in now where black Americans were being lynched and the mainstream media refused to cover the story... but they did cover stories about the KKK making them look like modern day knights here to protect white America. As I have said... history repeats itself and today we are living in turbulent times as if we were totally blind that we have been here before... and we suffered terribly in the past for allowing it to happen.

Right now, the US government has a proposal set before them to use a nuclear weapon to stop the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico as reported here http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/us-should-we-nuke-the-o... and the US government is seriously considering this plan because the former Soviet Union did this four times to seal off similar undersea oil leaks with little knowledge of the ecological consequences.

The Tuskegee Airmen, our prisons and our mentally ill were all once victims of the US government running tests no different than the tests run by Nazi Germany. It once used programs of mandatory sterilization for people born with mental retardation and was guilty of many other great evils unknown to the US public until the media became free enough to investigate and do the research needed to uncover what our government had done to us.

The nuclear blasts in Mississippi were one such tragedy still widely unreported by our media and with the way the media has become in our time today, having reverted to the tight control of corporations that own them so that reporters are afraid to report the news as they can be fired or punished like Donnie Deutsch recently was at MSNBC... your own government could once again turn you into guinea pigs and be responsible for great evils against you... and the US media will not do the stories nor inform you of whats going on.

In 1918, one of the worst flu epidemics in world history hit killing over 100 million people world wide. It began here in the United States and then spread like crazy because of the Great War across Europe. It was given the name "Spanish Flu" for a very dubious reason. It did not start in Spain as I stated... it was called the Spanish Flu because Spain was the only country in the world with a fee enough media to actually report the story and get word out to the world about a devastating flu epidemic that most here in the United States knew nothing about because our media and our government did not inform us until it was too damn late.

You should be very concerned about the level of media censorship of news events like the San Joachim Valley and you should be very concerned about how the media is manipulating the news to a point the distortions, lies and falsehoods by the ENTIRE media spectrum across the board have us at one another's throats and so hateful towards one another that the real possibility of war is an everpresent fear most Americans are coming to have because the reality is that we are so divided that we can almost feel the tension as if something very wrong in this country were about to erupt... and may God have mercy on us all if and when it does!

If you think this is impossible... if you think it's just the political left or the political right... imagine the US government detonating an underground nuclear device twenty miles from where you live uncaring about warnings the earth could burst open and a full on nuclear eruption... because that's exactly what they did in Mississippi during the 1960's and could be planning to do right now in the Gulf of Mexico.

Thanks Sodahead News for revealing this story and thanks to anyone reading this story concerned about this country and your fellow Americans.

Right left or center... it does not matter as we are all of us in danger if we do not seriously address media censorship and the fact that all the networks are controlled by powerful corporations controlling the news we get to hear... and no, not just FOX News as recent events at MSNBC and it's parent company NBC have proven.

Rant Over

• Cathy 2010/05/19 15:04:33
    This has me concerned because I hadn't considered how bad the media has becom...
    Cathy
    +3
    Thanks for posting this story. Our government do a lot of things behind our backs that the general public is unware of. Yes, history sure does have a way of repeating itself if our leaders have not learned their lesson.

• sstaytru 2012/04/17 17:32:07
    My thoughts are...
    sstaytru
    The Spanish Flu did not originate in the United States. John Oxford of St Bartholomew's Hospital and the Royal London Hospital, suggested that a principal British troop staging camp in Etaples, France was at the center of the 1918 flu pandemic or at least a significant precursor virus to it. There had been a mysterious respiratory infection at the military base during the winter of 1915-16.
  • Beccy 2010/05/31 02:36:22
    I do know that the media doesn't protect us. This story makes me sick at heart. It sounds like something out of the twilight zone.
  • CindyLee 2010/05/20 15:43:23
    My thoughts are...
    CindyLee
    +1
    I grew up in the "Secret City" you'd be surprised at what I know about the testing of different Atomic things.... all of it "rumor"....

But there is a reason Oak Ridge glows at night LOL and it's NOT just the pretty orange street lights....
  • chaoski... CindyLee 2010/05/20 23:42:47
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    Yep, I live in Alabama in Franklin County and I used to live in Marion County. You would think people would know about this and more than just rumors... I mean, how often does the US government set off not one but two nuclear weapons in your back yard and almost no one knows the facts about it O_O
  • CindyLee chaoski... 2010/05/21 05:00:26
    CindyLee
    +1
    Darling when they built the secret city they relocated entire TOWNS, and were told if they talked about it they could be SHOT for treason... that would be why it was 'rumor' and not fact.

Dads and moms would come home and talk (or not) around the kitchen table now that would be the grandparents, and the really old folks that you have to catch in the right mood to tell you 'stories'.
  • debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2010/05/20 03:53:41
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +1
    well actually I have been concerned about the MSM ............

We really need to aware of what's happening here .......Ignorance is not bliss
  • chaoski... debrara... 2010/05/20 23:43:55
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    Heck, I live practically right next door in Alabama and we didn't know anything about this... most still don't
  • debrara... chaoski... 2010/05/21 03:14:02
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    that's why I read everything from everybody.

There's a saying I learned to live by ......

"BAD Advice I listen to ..... GOOD Advice I TAKE"
  • Cathy 2010/05/19 15:04:33
    Cathy
    +3
  • chaoskitty123 2010/05/19 02:43:32
    My thoughts are...
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
    - George Santayana

• debrara... chaoski... 2010/05/20 03:54:05
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +1
    too true

2014/11/23 22:34:45