Now that Obamacare has passed, shouldn't Rush keep his promise and move to Costa Rica?

C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/06/30 13:58:51
Yes, Rush should keep his promise and move to Costa Rica!
No, Rush should stay here in America and be known as a promise breaker and a prescription drug addict
See ya Rush!

• Mrs. maggot 2012/06/30 20:14:41
    No, Rush should stay here in America and be known as a promise breaker and a ...
    Mrs. maggot
    +72
    Obamatax hasn't been passed, it has just taken one more step down the road to defeat.

Now that Obamatax IS the biggest tax increase in the history of the world...does that make Obama the biggest liar in the history of the world?

• Saye Saye 2012/06/30 21:13:30
    Saye Saye
    +3
    Your 2nd choice was mean
  • C-ZAR™,... Saye Saye 2012/06/30 22:24:09
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +2
    Thank you
  • EdVenture 2012/06/30 21:03:20
    EdVenture
    +2
    So we can measure the illiteracy level in America
  • tblackb 2012/06/30 20:52:53 (edited)
    tblackb
    +7
    he's too much of a coward to honor that statement; deport ass, yesterday!!!
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/06/30 20:52:50
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +6
    Rush should stay Ostupid should be deported, Nancy Polousy should be ship to a nut house somewhere, along with Slow Joe Biden. Reid should be Sent to Club Fed and raped by a guy named "Moe"...Did I miss anything?
  • Nancy~P... Mel the... 2012/07/05 00:09:11
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +1
    you forgot Barney Frank? LOL
  • Mel the... Nancy~P... 2012/07/05 11:17:26
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Uggg No I didn't
  • Icono1 2012/06/30 20:48:54
    Icono1
    +6
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/28...

" ... The mandate was directed at "taxpayer[s]". Every taxpayer not otherwise exempted had to indicate on their tax return if they had health insurance, and if they didn't, they had to pay a small penalty.

In fact, Congress made things even easier. The only consequence for failing to pay the tax was that your income tax refund would be reduced by a bit. And if you didn't have a tax refund that year, there were no consequences at all!"
  • Frank 2012/06/30 20:41:15
    Frank
    +4
    boy- he will really be missed.
  • #Justic... Frank 2012/06/30 22:23:32
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +5
    Only by the crazies LOL
  • Dan (Politicaly Incorrect) 2012/06/30 20:40:29 (edited)
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    +9
    No Promises broken and he is no longer taking oxycotin. Obamacare can still be repealed as it is so unpopular. Obama is having a hard time saying it is not a tax. Since John Roberts called it a tax and that made it Constitutional. If Obama says it is not a tax. Then he is saying that the Supreme Court desicion is wrong and UnConstitutional. So which is it? Also,if it is a tax, then what kind of tax is it?
  • luvguins 2012/06/30 20:36:04
    luvguins
    +7
    He did go there with his buddies to find some hookers, and get his Viagra stash. He should move permanently now.
  • RED DAWN 2012/06/30 20:27:36
    RED DAWN
    +7
    You know Rush has enough money to move to any of the Islands.Do you not think he could broadcast from there.Don't you think obama should step down after not being able to fix the economy after one term or was that just another one of the liberal bastards lies?
    +15
    Actually, it wouldn't be too difficult for him to run his radio program from Costa Rica.

Maybe Costa Rica would become the real-life Atlantis!
  • maggiemay Temlako... 2012/06/30 20:29:21
    maggiemay
    +9
    Hell of a lot cheaper to live there also.
  • Mrs. maggot 2012/06/30 20:14:41
    Mrs. maggot
    +72

• none Mrs. ma... 2012/06/30 20:19:15
    +28
    We already know he's a liar.
  • JP none 2012/07/18 15:01:43
    JP
    +1
    why don't people like you try to actually listen to the real details of about who is going to get an increase or not, instead of being disrespectful and calling our president a liar. You must be getting your information from the real LIARS at Fox(faux, for fake) news,
  • none JP 2012/07/18 20:22:46 (edited)
    I call it as I see it and hear it from the source, Obama's own mouth, he's a despicable liar and a failure and Fox News has nothing to do with it. Respect has to be earned and so far except for the 'Beer Summit' Obama has done nothing to earn my respect.
  • luvguins Mrs. ma... 2012/06/30 20:34:03
    luvguins
    +7
    LMAO! That isn't going to work since it only effects 1% who won't buy insurance. So the penalty that was in the bill wiil be collected by the IRS according to Chief Justice Roberts, and Obama did not lie.
  • Mrs. ma... luvguins 2012/06/30 20:36:02
    Mrs. maggot
    +28
    keep dreaming

• luvguins Mrs. ma... 2012/06/30 20:45:27
    luvguins
    +6
    Like a Murdoch's WSJ shill knows all and is infallible? You righties will buy anything. LOL. Nice he thinks he is so clairvoyant about the future when premiums could go down with 30 million more with insurance and more choices.
  • Gracie ... luvguins 2012/06/30 21:30:40
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +17
    Why did my insurance already go up? I think I have one of those cadillac plans that will have the excise tax of 40%, that is unless we get a waiver. Do you think we should get one?
  • luvguins Gracie ... 2012/06/30 23:18:51
    luvguins
    +6
    Health insurance has been going up for years as hospital and doctors costs go up. That is what needs to be addressed. They have been riding the gravy train and making more than any other country pays out. Greed all around.
  • Gracie ... luvguins 2012/07/01 01:17:43 (edited)
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +12
    That's because they have taken away free market principles and limited solutions. If I have great insurance and I bump my head, I might go to the ER and they might say that maybe an MRI is in order. While I might ordinarily hesitate if I was paying, I'm not, so it's what the heck! I get the MRI because I don't care, I'm not paying for it. The physician checking me out might find no neurological deficits but he knows that in the rare chance that I might have a brain bleed and would probably sue if he doesn't order the MRI, he orders it. Of course in a real responsible situation the doctor could say if you have problems come back and we'll do it. If I was paying I would be glad to take that advice. Now, common sense is out the window, the MRI is done and my insurance is billed thousands of dollars for the visit and I pay $50. Where does the greed come into play there?

If everyone had higher deductibles and we paid for the less catastrophic costs, we'd care how much it costs. If we could get the level of insurance that we wanted, instead of all the government mandated coverages, we could reduce costs. For instance, I don't need maternity benefits anymore than a single man needs them, but we have them.

If we could shop competitively for health insurance we could reduce...

If we could shop competitively for health insurance we could reduce costs. If we could stop all the cover-your-ass medicine that the physicians have to practice we could reduce costs. So many things we could do, but no, we have to have government tell us what we'll have and who will have it.

The left won't be happy until we've eliminated the private market and we've all got equally bad healthcare, it's so much better. Then, like Canada, we can practice the three F's for healthcare...family, friends and favors. Yep, can't wait!
  • luvguins Gracie ... 2012/07/01 03:18:35
    luvguins
    +2
    You have described the USA, Gracie. More is better no matter the cost. Hospitals and doctors are going to have to stop ripping off patients and health insurance. No more $5.00 aspirins and $3000.00 MRIs. Litigenous patients are going to have to have capped awards. With all this greed and glut we rank 37th in health compared to other countries. People can get a hip replacement for 1/3 the cost in India. Brand name prescriptions cost 50-60% less in Canada.

The ACA will reign in health insurance companies, but hospitals, doctors, and lawyers will have to give in some too, but most want to continue the status quo.
  • Gracie ... luvguins 2012/07/01 03:27:04
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +8
    I can't believe you're comparing costs with INDIA! Yeah, we can have cheaper call center there too, wonder why?

Canada has cheaper prescriptions because we do the R&D and they benefit. It must be so hard to sell such non-sense!
  • luvguins Gracie ... 2012/07/01 05:21:16
    luvguins
    +1
    They negotiate which we are loathe to do. Can you spell lobbyists?
  • ☆GrayBe... luvguins 2012/07/01 11:46:25
    ☆GrayBear☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +7
    Can you spell blood-sucking, ambulance chasing shyster lawyer?

The only health reform that was needed was to get the lawyers out of the exam room and the operating theatre. Nothing has been done in that regard, all the ACA has done is generate more income for the government, increase bureaucracy and open the potential for millions of new lawsuits.

Costs are high because doctors have to practice defensive medicine. A patient goes to the doc and presents with an abdominal pain - the doc already knows what it is after talking with them for 5 minutes but to cover his ass he has to run an upper and lower GI, a full panel and an endoscopy. On the off chance that something is missed or doesn't go as planned, Mr Patient is now trying to sue any and everybody for 20 million dollars. That is where your health care costs are.
  • luvguins ☆GrayBe... 2012/07/01 16:27:58
    luvguins
    Malpractice only contributes 1% to health care costs. Hospitals push their technology strictly for profit and inflate their prices yearly to get 1/3 of them from health insurance.
  • ☆GrayBe... luvguins 2012/07/01 20:45:10
    ☆GrayBear☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +4
    Negative, Ghostrider, try again. Malpractice Insurance is a doc's biggest expense.
  • luvguins ☆GrayBe... 2012/07/01 20:51:23
    luvguins
    +1
    The insurance is, but the litigation is only 1% of health care costs. It is an insurance company rip off with all kinds of their excuses to increase the premiums that are not true. It is too few companies with monopolies. Even if a national cap on awards could happen they would still gouge doctors.
  • ☆GrayBe... luvguins 2012/07/01 21:00:21
    ☆GrayBear☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +2
    Sorry, you are incorrect. I don't think you read what I posted, you just went with the knee-jerk response. Think about the money trail and who ultimately pays the bill. Do you think these ads on the national networks are free? The mesothelioma class-action? The bladder sling? the "did your meds give you a rash"? ads? Join us, we'll SUE! Insurance companies pay out as much to lawyers as they do doctors. That is where the scam is.
  • LadyBGood ☆GrayBe... 2012/07/04 23:18:31
  • Gracie ... luvguins 2012/07/01 13:10:35
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +5
    Who met with the big pharma lobbyists? Get government out of healthcare, in fact get them out of everything!
  • luvguins Gracie ... 2012/07/01 16:30:21
    luvguins
    +1
    Says the person unionized and working for a government subsidiary. LOL.
  • Gracie ... luvguins 2012/07/01 19:58:24
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +4
    I'm not unionized. If we were a private entity I would be unemployed. When your labor accounts for 80% of your costs, what else could you expect? You know what today is? It's my birthday and I am officially eligible for retirement today! I'm not going to but it's nice nonetheless. We used to actually provide a profit but that was long ago in another time.

The sad thing is while we're losing billions and it's going to be the taxpayer that bails us out, I got a big raise and am working more overtime than ever. That's what a union does for you! I just wish I could negotiate for my own labor because I'm twice as productive as some of the others. Even though I'm near the top in seniority, I always help everyone. Even people that despise me, I always help them. I was the only one on Saturday that helped anyone else...I helped do half of another guy's route because his wife just had surgery. The rest just stretched out their own routes, just like always.

I call it the "Summer of Love"...my motto is "do for others what they would not do for you". LOL!
  • ★Calliope★ Gracie ... 2012/07/02 03:25:48
    ★Calliope★
    +3
    Jeez.. I think that was President Obama.
  • FeedFwd... Gracie ... 2012/07/01 03:20:23
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +5
    Exactly! Let the free market and competition work to provide the most and best choices for everybody!
  • Gracie ... FeedFwd... 2012/07/01 03:28:06
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +6
    That defies the entire idea of social and economic planning. Are men arrogant or what?

2014/04/20 03:34:52