Now that Obama has chosen a 65 year old man as his running mate, do you think being too old is a liability?

jimih67 2008/08/23 13:45:02
YES.  I don't think old people should serve in any capacity.
NO.  Only Republicans get old.
I think anybody who  thinks McCain is too old yet supports Obama's choice is a hypocrite.
I have heard McCain called everything from a dottering old man to McAlzheimers. Now all of a sudden, Obama picks a running mate who is almost as old as McCain. Is this a concern to Obama supporters?

+1
    my niece is 63 and was in the Boston Marathon niece 63 boston marathon
  • judeee 2008/08/23 18:49:51
    judeee
    +1
    People get into the 21st Century... Age is no longer a factor, some of the people I know in their 80's are as alert as some of the Younger People I know... To begin with we are probably the only Country in the World that doesn't draw Knowledge and Experience from our Elders... Thats because we are arrogant know it alls when we are young... Get with it you Shitheads we are smarter than you... To hear my kids tell it I wonder how the hell I managed all these years... At my workplace I run Circles around the Younger Employees and guess what I've got that most of them don't have, are you ready, give me a Drum roll, COMMON SENSE..... By the way I also am 72 and work on Computers and all those dumb kids have to get me to work on their Computers.... Yeah for the Old Farts
  • Change Happens 2008/08/23 18:13:02
    Change Happens
    HUGE difference.... McCain shows every sign of slipping into senile dementia. Senator Biden does not... HUGE difference
  • judeee Change ... 2008/08/23 18:53:09
    judeee
    +1
    Mad Hatter I think your hat is too tight and its keeping oxygen from getting to your brain... Are you a Geriatric Specialist as well as probably wearing your hat backwards????
  • old mccain 2008/08/23 16:28:59
    NO. Only Republicans get old.
    old mccain
    BS. I think McCain is way too old and shows definate signs of age. Joe won't be McOlds age until his end term as VP, and Joes way too smart to run for president then.
  • jimih67 old mccain 2008/08/23 17:34:17
    jimih67
    He sure wasn't showing signs of age last week when he schooled Obama in that head-to-head Q&A.
  • old mccain jimih67 2008/08/23 17:38:46
    old mccain
    A RARE occasion.
  • jimih67 old mccain 2008/08/23 17:54:00
    jimih67
    If Obama would agree to debate McCain more often, perhaps it wouldn't be so RARE.
  • old mccain jimih67 2008/08/23 18:23:46
    old mccain
    Yes, I agree, and make McBush look like the old fool he is.
  • jimih67 old mccain 2008/08/23 18:51:41
    jimih67
    Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. But if an old fool clearly did better than Obama in the head-to-head, I guess that doesn't say much about Obama. And I am sure if it was Obama who challenged McCain to several debates and McCain backed out, you would probably be adding McChicken to your list of stupid names to call McCain. It should be interesting......
  • old mccain jimih67 2008/08/23 20:28:10
    old mccain
    The National debates are set far ahead of time and Obama's very busy schedule and demand for his time didn't allow for him to have any other useless, unwarranted time for McSamer's.
  • jimih67 old mccain 2008/08/23 21:01:43 (edited)
    jimih67
    OK, that is fine, but if Obama had thrown down the gauntlet and McCain had backed out citing the same reasons (excuses), you would be calling him McChicken. I have no doubt about that. I will admit, Obama is no dummy. He backed out of the debates because he knows he wouldn't have stood a chance. At least he is smart for doing that. But McCain challenged Obama to a series of debates and Obama declined. Well within his rights, but be honest. If the situation was reversed, McCain would be labeled McChicken by you and your kind. So maybe I can make up a stupid name for Obama, like Obak-bak-bak. But of course, I am above that.

declined rights honest situation reversed labeled mcchicken stupid obama obak-bak-bak
  • old mccain jimih67 2008/08/23 21:19:05
    old mccain
    I'm being honest, no slander, it is very descriptive of him, he even jokes about it, so am I, sincerely OldManMcCain
  • jimih67 old mccain 2008/08/23 21:30:03
    jimih67
    And he says it in a joking, tongue-in-cheek response to his critics about his age. If he really was demented because of his age, he wouldn't make jokes about it. Did you see him on Saturday Night Live? He is a funny guy. He has a sense of humor. I just think he takes a lot of unnecessary flack for his age, but he is honestly very smart and astute for his age. So anybody who tries to make a big deal about it is only listening to liberal spin and not being honest with themselves. You may be against everything the man stands for, and that is fine. But to try to make him look like a dottering old fool is just delusional, which is the very thing that most of his critics accuse him of.
  • old mccain jimih67 2008/08/23 21:55:33
    old mccain
    That's what he is. He cannot remember what he says or owns. The man flip-flops within weeks! He is too old for POTUS. Maybe he should be a comedian if you thing BOMB, BOMB, BOMB, BOMB, BOMB IRAN IS FUNNY.
  • jimih67 old mccain 2008/08/23 23:11:55
    jimih67
    As an Obama supporter, do you really want to go to "flip-flops"? And yes, the "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran" was a joke. If Obama said it, you would be ROTFLYAO. If I said Obama is too black for POTUS, I would be a racist. So I guess you are an ageist. To clarify, I don't have a problem with Obama because of his race. But for you to say McCain is too old makes you an ageist. How do you feel about Obama's 65 year old running mate?
  • old mccain jimih67 2008/08/24 16:46:39
    old mccain
    Biden is over 7 years younger. I can accept that. I wish he was younger, but he is extremly sharp, active and down to earth; so it should work well. A 'one' term president doesn't work, and damn 77 going into a second term, NO, NO. Obama doesn't flip-flop per say, he will explain if he has a change of heart and already has said many, many times he wants to work bi-partisn, that's what's it's all about, unlike a stubborn ah in the white house now. McOld can't remember what he said, big difference.
  • jimih67 old mccain 2008/08/28 22:16:58
    jimih67
    A lot of ultra-conservatives were against McCain for that very reason, that he is able to work with both parties. And I hope when you are 72 you have half as much sense as McCain does. He sure wasn't "showing his age" when he kicked Obama's ass in that debate, or Q&A, or whatever you call it. And I suppose if a Republican changes his mind, he is a flip-flopper. When a Democrat does it, he is having a "change of heart". Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

suppose republican mind flip-flopper democrat change heart talk cake eating
  • old mccain jimih67 2008/08/28 22:50:55
    old mccain
    Cute baby! I hope I have far more sense that JM. I think he has already lost his mind. We can talk more after the 'real' debates. I didn't watch Saddle, but I will watch the nationals.
  • kmay 2008/08/23 16:10:19 (edited)
    NO. Only Republicans get old.
    kmay
    This is the liability and many other statements that will come back to bite him.
  • old mccain kmay 2008/08/23 16:30:15
    old mccain
    Yes, can't wait to see McSames PERFECT VP.
  • Wolf 2008/08/23 15:49:43
    I think anybody who thinks McCain is too old yet supports Obama's choice is ...
    Wolf
    Age doesn't matter it is whether the person can think that counts and with the two Democratic plagiarists standing together now we have the perfect definitive choice. It is whether we want Hugo Chavez and the machine politicians or do we want an honest old fellow who can still think and really be a maverick.
  • Tommy Trend 2008/08/23 14:38:26
    Tommy Trend
    Obama is trying to balance the ticket with Biden's experience...but yeah Biden is not young himself. seems to clash with Obama. people went gaga over Clinton/Gore in 92 and 96.
  • Dalmatiandude 2008/08/23 14:36:51
  • Tracy 2008/08/23 14:11:34
    Tracy
    +1
    Obama will never get my vote! No matter who he picks!!!
  • lfc 2008/08/23 14:08:54 (edited)
    lfc
    +1
    Stop with the too old thing . We all get old . Guess what we are wiser . I like Biden more than Obama ...
  • jimih67 lfc 2008/08/23 17:36:59
    jimih67
    Just for the record, I don't think age is a liability. I was only wondering how all the Obama supporters who pick on McCain for his age feel about Biden. I agree with you. Wisdom comes with age.
  • Meryl 2008/08/23 14:04:39
    Meryl
    ..as probably one of the more "mature" SH's, "being old" brings wisdom. When I was much younger and thought I knew everything, I clearly remember thinking about "old" people in terms of thier performance capacity. However, as the years went by and I learned life's lesson's the hard way by trial and error, I am ashamed of my youthful thinking and perspective on the "old". I wish I had respected and learned from the "old". Biden specifically, has an enormous amount of political experience, which cannot be replaced with inexperience. So, bottom line on this question is an emphatic "NO"! Age with the applicable experience will always be a huge advantage.
  • hurricanflower-Czar of Me 2008/08/23 14:00:47
    hurricanflower-Czar of Me
    +1
    Joe Biden could come in handy in one area for Obama. Joe over came childhood stuttering and could help Obama with his stammering problem when he has to speak without a teleprompter, but that’s about it. Obama now has his very own Dick Chaney further proving to all of his non-supporters that his talk of Change is all a bunch of crap. Obama will not get a big chunk of the 18 million Hilary supporters and will not get most of the swing states or needed blue collar voters. His supporters will be happy though, mostly because it wouldn’t matter if he had a VP or not. McCain will have a field day with this especially because Biden has publicly stated Obama did not have experience to be president and even repeated that he will stand behind that statement. Also, Obama has criticized McCain for voting on the Iraq war and Obama picked a VP who voted on the Iraq war (HaHaHa) this will be all over UTube.
  • OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeles... 2008/08/23 13:54:50
    OhioCritter-Adopt a Homeless Pet
    +1
    a very disappointing choice for VP in my opinion- I hope McCain takes this to heart- he needs to choice a woman VP- Condoleezza Rice if can talk her into it-
  • old mccain OhioCri... 2008/08/23 16:34:55
    old mccain
    Hmmmmmmm 72 - 65 = 7 years plus younger, big difference at our age. Plus Biden shows no signs of aging, he's sharp, much, much, much sharper than McSame.
  • JULIE 2008/08/23 13:50:44
    JULIE
    +1
    McCain has memory problems and acts like an old man, Biden dosent!
  • RubyTuesday 2008/08/23 13:47:14

2014/09/23 04:23:24