North Carolina Democrat Will Vote To Repeal Obamacare, Will Not Endorse Obama

Evil 1 2012/07/03 17:54:20

North Carolina Democrat Larry Kissell represents the state’s 8th Congressional district, one of the more closely-watched swing districts. He was one of 17 Democrats who voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in criminal contempt of Congress. And now, according to the Charlotte Observer, Kissell will join Republicans in voting to repeal Obamacare.

“I’ve heard from hundreds and hundreds of people from my district about their opposition to the health care law,” Kissell told the newpaper. “I voted against it originally and I will vote to repeal it.”

According to the Observer, Kissell “also said he doesn’t plan to endorse Obama for re-election and isn’t sure he’ll attend his party’s national convention in Charlotte.”

Kissell will have to work very hard to miss the convention that his almost literally being held in his backyard. As RNC Deputy Communications Director Tim Miller tweeted, Kissell’s district ends about a mile away from where the Democratic National Convention will be held.

This is yet another sign of how unpopular Obamacare is and how much trouble Obama is in in the Tar Heel State, which he won in 2008.

Read More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/03...

• D Hanes 2012/07/03 19:32:32 (edited)
    D Hanes
    +4
    SMART MAN! Hope he watches his back between now and election day.. Obama thugs not above hazving him "wiped out".. you know.. car accident, falling off roof, drowning in pool.. be aware Congressman. And thanks for seeing the light!

• Drue-AFCL 2012/07/05 02:24:58
    Drue-AFCL
    Is this guy up for re-election or what? If he were truly disgusted with the DNC he would change parties!
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2012/07/04 06:45:58
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
    Surprised?? No..
    Whew hoo!
    See, there really are some good Democrats.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/07/03 21:25:58
    heirsoftheking
    Anything to end Obama-Care.
  • ordman 2012/07/03 20:00:18 (edited)
    ordman
    +1
    I see cracks in the foundation that is Obama's base. cracks foundation obamas base
    +2
    Not all Democrats are liberal jackasses buying all the Obama BS.
  • tommyg ... none 2012/07/03 20:19:57
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    But they seem so few and far between.
  • none tommyg ... 2012/07/03 20:52:17
    +2
    Too far and too few.
  • KrSpo 2012/07/03 19:36:16
    KrSpo
    It only goes to show that we are not as blind as the folks across the isle.
  • PoliticallyIncorrect 2012/07/03 19:35:02
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +2
    Well, they've moved the DNC to a smaller venue. By the time they get through maybe they can just have the meeting at the local McDonald's.
  • D Hanes 2012/07/03 19:32:32 (edited)
    D Hanes
    +4
  • Peacock 2012/07/03 19:10:34
    Peacock
    +2
    I get a feeling that this will be a LONG HOT SUMMER! Rick Scott, R. Florida Governor ("Tea" Bag) has already said he won't comply with HCR and Florida will lose Federal Money...much needed $$$. I detest both parties for not TRYING to reach a compromise..and they are NOT! You say YES, I say NO, and we the People get screwed again and again...
  • Politic... Peacock 2012/07/03 19:36:29
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +3
    That's because this country is so totally polarized. Our population couldn't be any more farther apart than we were during the Civil War.
  • Peacock Politic... 2012/07/03 20:07:31
    Peacock
    +2
    100% correct!
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/04 15:58:29
    Swampdog PWCM
    I've never thought about it that way but you are right. The situation is scary.
  • Politic... Swampdo... 2012/07/04 17:51:03
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    Yes, it is.
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/04 17:55:39
    Swampdog PWCM
    Nov. 6th can't come too soon!
  • Politic... Swampdo... 2012/07/04 18:49:52
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    I keep hoping that Romney's number continue to improve.
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/04 19:02:18
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone would even consider voting for Obama again.Then, like you, I wonder why Romneys numbers aren't sky high. How can Americans be so dopey?
  • Politic... Swampdo... 2012/07/04 20:39:52
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    I am inclined to offer a theory how America could have gone so soft and worthless among half the population. My idle speculation says that most voters under 30 are predisposed to stupidity. They start out as flaming liberals wearing rose-colored glasses and the intent to save the world. As they age they progress toward conservatism unless they have a catastrophic incident somewhere along the way. As they become more conservative they realize that those rose-colored glasses have to come off and there is a realization that the world cannot be saved from itself in many groups of specific populations. Throwing money at these populations is useless because they have no interest in bettering themselves and they are quite comfortable living off the public dole. The more they get for this slovenly lifestyle, the worse they get. This attitude also gets passed on to the following generations. The event that may have totally destroyed intelligence/rational behavior among several generations is the flagrant and rampant use of drugs. The Reid/Pigelosi age group were the original experimenters with LSD, MJ, and many other drugs that did a terrible amount of damage to genes and brain. They passed damaged goods on to their children who likely indulge as well and so on. Of course there are ot...

I am inclined to offer a theory how America could have gone so soft and worthless among half the population. My idle speculation says that most voters under 30 are predisposed to stupidity. They start out as flaming liberals wearing rose-colored glasses and the intent to save the world. As they age they progress toward conservatism unless they have a catastrophic incident somewhere along the way. As they become more conservative they realize that those rose-colored glasses have to come off and there is a realization that the world cannot be saved from itself in many groups of specific populations. Throwing money at these populations is useless because they have no interest in bettering themselves and they are quite comfortable living off the public dole. The more they get for this slovenly lifestyle, the worse they get. This attitude also gets passed on to the following generations. The event that may have totally destroyed intelligence/rational behavior among several generations is the flagrant and rampant use of drugs. The Reid/Pigelosi age group were the original experimenters with LSD, MJ, and many other drugs that did a terrible amount of damage to genes and brain. They passed damaged goods on to their children who likely indulge as well and so on. Of course there are other incidents that impact people and aid and abet a bleeding-heart mentality with little or no regard for fiscal responsibility. That's just one of my theories. No data, no proof, just personal observation in schools, public forums, community service, and being old and never having done any drugs that were not prescibed for a medical reason.

Please know that I am painting with a very wide brush in an attempt to explain at least one contributing factor to the success of the Obama agenda for America, Demise by Design.
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/04 22:06:30
    Swampdog PWCM
    I tend to agree with your hypothesis with the addition of the incremental and desirous affect of the "dumbing down" of American students brought forth by the NEA. The Dept. of Education needs to become extinct.Also the civil rights movement brought on in the 1960's with the government hand outs to the "less fortunate" has had a direct effect on the black families for almost 50 years. Up until the 1940's the illegitimate birth rates in black communities was lower than in white communities. Most black families were headed by the FATHER, and their divorce rates were similar to the whites.Now that we have had two generations who have made welfare and food stamps a "career", generation number three is on the way.What's the solution? I don't know. Perhaps Ayn Rand was right, it's time for Atlas to shrug. Also, like you, I am using the "wide brush" and do not intend to offend anyone. I like the way you think. Swampy
  • Politic... Swampdo... 2012/07/04 23:44:08
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    You have hit the education nail squarely on the head. Education has become increasingly weaker so as not to disturb the parents and students who are not holding up their end of the educational spectrum. I know there are bad teachers out there, but because teachers are a smaller population in the electorate, legislators, the media, etc tend to say it's all the fault of the teachers that we've fallen into a system that is less than successful with at least 65% of the students to one degree or another. Students fail and parents fail as well, but it's hard to hold them accountable for anything. I have used the game Trivia Pursuit as a thermometer for the dumbing down of America. I have just about every edition and aside editions that have been released. Look at the quiestions in the original sets, and then compare them through the years. It is apparent that we are catering to a lazy student, a parent too busy with his/her own life and making a living, and spending so much time on testing that you have to ask why? I can't decide whether all the testing is supposed to identify weakness or try to prove to ourselves that we are competitive in the world, when we fall behind more and more.. Students are never checked on attendence by social securitywhen there's a check involved and ...

You have hit the education nail squarely on the head. Education has become increasingly weaker so as not to disturb the parents and students who are not holding up their end of the educational spectrum. I know there are bad teachers out there, but because teachers are a smaller population in the electorate, legislators, the media, etc tend to say it's all the fault of the teachers that we've fallen into a system that is less than successful with at least 65% of the students to one degree or another. Students fail and parents fail as well, but it's hard to hold them accountable for anything. I have used the game Trivia Pursuit as a thermometer for the dumbing down of America. I have just about every edition and aside editions that have been released. Look at the quiestions in the original sets, and then compare them through the years. It is apparent that we are catering to a lazy student, a parent too busy with his/her own life and making a living, and spending so much time on testing that you have to ask why? I can't decide whether all the testing is supposed to identify weakness or try to prove to ourselves that we are competitive in the world, when we fall behind more and more.. Students are never checked on attendence by social securitywhen there's a check involved and it can't even be used for leverage to keep a kid in school. Hand-outs are making Americans lazy. Why bother to work when we know that we can go on welfare for support. Lack of accountability, a liberal progressive ideal is destroying the very fabric used to build America.

"Fair share" and "helping hand" are buzz words for a population that is getting sorrier. It's a lot easier to live on the dole and let those rich folks take care of the lazy folks who have been trained like Pavlov's dog to respond and salivate over a freebie.

Yes, it's a wide brush and doesn't apply to all. In my situation, which may or may not be an exception. 20% of the students work hard.60% don't strain themselves much, and 20% simply don't care. I know that it's likely to be different in other areas.

I like the way you think ... scary, huh? Of course, NEA is run and populated by flaming liberals. Well, duh, no wonder American education is on a suicide mission.
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/05 00:19:19
    Swampdog PWCM
    Have you seen the final exam for eighth graders from 1895, from I think it was Bransome Missouri? I'll tell you what, I would be willing to bet there are college graduates from today that could not pass the test. I was going to become a teacher after retirement but when I saw the mountain of paperwork these poor people were required to do, I said forget it. If you want to teach become a teachers aid. You are spot on with the "code words", I heard from Neal Boortz one time that there was an American entrepreneur in the 1920's or 30's who told some politician that what the entrepreneurial class needed was an endless supply of not too smart workers and any thing that the government could do would be greatly appreciated. Apparently that dream has been fulfilled,sadly. We have a private college here whose reputation as a party school was legend. Well some of the alumni got tired of it and fired the president, the new president was charged with raising the academic standards within five years. She did it in four, what she did was to offer scholarships to the high SAT scorers around the state. Now Rollins College is one of the highest rated colleges in America. Any way I will never understand the liberal mind, they are control freaks.
  • Politic... Swampdo... 2012/07/05 01:56:18
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    That's great. Too bad that others don't do it through incentives like that; however, some of the kids around here could care less. Welfare mothers breed welfare babies. I can hear some liberal screaming now, but the bottom line of the liberal progressive agenda is control over everyone. Case in point, the campaign against all Christians who do not believe in abortion or contraception. Demanding that Christians supply options for both against their religion is attacking the Bill of Rights. Obviously that doesn't matter to the liberals though. Michael Savage gets on my last nerve, but he's right ... "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder" ...
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/05 02:21:27
    Swampdog PWCM
    Neal Boortz call Michael Savage "The Anti-Christ", I listen to Michael for short periods of time (I can't stand his Yankee accent) waiting for him to have a seizure. The boy does have some good points and he is a published scientist, (medical botany) perhaps it was the 15 years he spent in the Brazilian jungle the did him in. And you are right again, liberals will do anything to control the lives of others. Obama really stepped in it when he wanted for the Catholic church to pay for "condoms and womens health issues" come to think of it he's pissed off a bunch of people. Mitt is right when he said that Obama has wasted the last three and a half years and all he has to show for it is Pelosi/ Reid/ Obama care. At least Jimmy Carted is happy. If you have time go to U-Tube and watch Wild Bill for America, he's an ex law enforcement officer and missionary, who lays it one the line. each one of his little info blurbs is about 3 minutes long. He doesn't waste time, and is informative and entertaining.
  • Politic... Swampdo... 2012/07/05 02:29:30
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    I think Savage does have some issues. He doesn't like Boortz and last night on the way home I heard him blasting FOX and calling Hannity and OReilly names. He said that he's been banned from FOX and England. I can't stand the screaming. He has some brilliant ideas and doesn't hesitate to tell everyone how brilliant he is. The problem is that his screaming negates that for me. I will try Wild Bill.
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/05 03:47:14
    Swampdog PWCM
    Savage has been banned from Great Britain because they think he is a rabble rouser and a trouble maker, which he is. However he is a Yankee from New York City consequently he's rude and loud. I just got off the Wild Bill for America, he's got some company on his page. Any way it's nice to talk to you but it's getting late and I need my beauty sleep, also my poor little cat is about to crazy with all the firecrackers going off. Sweet dreams.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Politic... Swampdo... 2012/07/05 06:01:13
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    Nice talking to you as well. Have a good one,....
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/06 17:35:50
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    I hope I haven't offended you with the "Yankee" comment, that's just the way we talk here in Florida. Contrary to popular we all don't live on the beach on at Dismal World.
  • Politic... Swampdo... 2012/07/06 19:46:46
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    No offense taken at all. I lived in Miami for ffour years when I attended college.
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/07 13:18:50
    Swampdog PWCM
    Go 'Canes,The international univ or Univ. of Miami?
  • Politic... Swampdo... 2012/07/07 17:19:25
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    Miami ... and no it wasn't for the parties. LOLOL
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/08 01:41:16
    Swampdog PWCM
    Good for you.
  • izzybean Politic... 2012/07/05 18:21:35
    izzybean
    +2
    Just an add on maybe. The technology used today was created by people who were educated before the feds had a dept of education. So maybe that would be a good place to start
  • Politic... izzybean 2012/07/05 18:29:07
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    Good thought.
  • izzybean Politic... 2012/07/05 21:26:31
    izzybean
    +1
    Also appears the rats are abandoning ship,
  • Dave Peacock 2012/07/03 19:43:12
    Dave
    +1
    With Obama's "coming out of the closet," I would say the Dems are the party of Tea-bagging !
  • Politic... Dave 2012/07/03 21:19:26
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    Oh, Anderson Cooper and he are bffs, huh?
  • Swampdo... Politic... 2012/07/04 15:57:30
    Swampdog PWCM
    bff? butt f***ing friends? Nothing surprises me about this prez.

2014/12/19 06:37:32