No where in the bible does it say being homosexual is a sin, and the only places it refers to it is in the old testament in Leviticus, Romans, and Corinthians.

Connor Pope 2009/08/14 22:50:13
I beg everyone read this before they continue as well, totally debunks alot of the Romans Corinthians
http://www.worldpolicy.org/projects/globalrights/sexorient/bi...

Firstly may say it is detestable to be homosexual, but no where does it directly say "Being Homosexual is a Sin"

Second of all, any reference to being homosexual as being wrong is in the old testament, in the new testament homosexual doesn't mean being "Gay". Refer to the link above.

Thirdly, "Love Thy Neighbor", it means love everyone, including those who are gay and those who are black, and white, and racist, and hateful (Yes, including Conservatives :P)

Fourthly, the bible specifically says "Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."" , much like the golden rule, if you say being a homosexual is a sin then you to will be judged by others.

Fifthly, if you truly believe in those laws from those books including Leviticus, then surely you HAVE to believe in these, otherwise you will be Proof-testing the bible for your own opinions, which is wrong.

These are the laws from Leviticus, you either believe in them ALL or you don't.

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10). I wonder if Dr. Laura would like that one to be enforced?
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants. Are they crazy?
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Sixthly, it is NATURAL TO BE HOMOSEXUAL. The brain patters of a homosexual are close to the same of that of a heterosexual of the opposite sex. The hormones are much different in a homosexual's brain then that of a heterosexual of the same gender.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1815538,00.html
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/06/080616-gay-br...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7791888/
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,367848,00.html

Seventhly, it is so natural that even ANIMALS show homosexual tendencies.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_g...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homos...
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/5550488/Homos...

A Summary

When one compares the original Hebrew and Greek writings with various English translations of the Bible, discrepancies emerge. There are many passages in English Bibles which clearly condemn same-sex activities. But when the original Hebrew or Greek text is studied, the passages are either ambiguous or are unrelated to consentual homosexuality within a committed relationship. Two words which are often mistranslated in many places in the Hebrew Scriptures are:

* qadesh means a male temple prostitute who engaged in ritual sex; it is often mistranslated as “sodomite” or “homosexual.”
* to’ebah means a condemned foreign Pagan religious cult practice, but often translated as “abomination.”

We have concluded the following:

* The Bible has a lot to say about temple prostitution, including homosexual ritual prostitution. This was a common practice within the Canaanite fertility religion; some believe that the practice was also taken up by some ancient Israelites.
* God’s destruction of town of Sodom had nothing to do with homosexuality
* The Bible says little about homosexual feelings.
* It says nothing about sexual orientation; the concept of orientation dates only from the late 19th century.
* A number of homosexual relationships are described positively or neutrally in the Bible
* Of the many hundreds of Jesus’ instructions and prohibitions, few have a sexual component and none condemn homosexuality.
* Paul may have condemned same-sex sexual activities by homosexuals, but the passages are unclear; there are many possible interpretations.
* Bible translators must be aware of the errors that have been made in previous versions of the Bible; they are widely discussed in theological literature. But it would probably not be economically possible at this time to produce a translation of the Bible that was accurate. People are so used to expecting homophobic references in a half-dozen locations in scrip

A Caution

The words “homosexual” and “homosexuality” do not appear in the Bible—at least they are absent from the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts. The authors of the Bible did not understand sexual orientation; this concept was only developed in the late 19th century. The writers had little or no comprehension of same-sex committed relationships. Their languages had no words for these concepts. Rather, they assumed that everyone was heterosexual, but that some heterosexuals engaged in sex with persons of the same gender. Thus, when you see one of these terms in an English translation of the Bible, it is important to dig deeper and find what the original Hebrew or Greek text really means.
Bible References

In Biblical times, same-gender sexual interactions could take many forms. Some were:

1. kings of conquered tribes were sometimes raped by the invading army as the ultimate symbol of defeat and humiliation. Homosexual rape was also a way of humiliating visitors and strangers. These were acts of power and domination and had nothing in common with consentual sex by gays and lesbians.
2. some non-Jewish tribes in the area had male prostitutes in their temples who ritually engaged in same-sex activities; this horrified the ancient Israelites. Temple prostitution is no longer found in most areas of the world.
3. it was common within the Roman Empire for male adults to keep boy prostitutes for the purpose of sexual activity. The boys were often slaves. In modern times, this is considered child abuse, a criminal offense.
4. it is reasonable to assume that many loving gay and lesbian relationships existed in Biblical times, but these would normally have been conducted in secret.

Only the last type would have any similarity to today’s gay and lesbian consentual, committed, loving relationships.
People’s Beliefs Regarding the Bible

People differ greatly in their view of the Bible:

* Generally speaking, Fundamentalists and other Evangelical Christians believe that:
o the Bible, as originally written, is inerrent (infallible) and that God prevented the authors from making even a single error
o every verse is useful in their understanding of God’s intentions
o one should initially attempt to interpret each passage according to its literal meaning
Many conservative Christians believe that certain translations are essentially free of error; e.g. the King James Version and the New International Version. Thus, when they read some of the passages that clearly and unmistakably condemn homosexuality, they are inclined to trust the translators and conclude that God hates homosexuality. Unfortunately, many groups of translators have been heavily biased against certain people, including Witches, gays and lesbians; many have tended to warp their translations accordingly.
* More liberal Christians tend to look upon the Bible as containing many translation errors, whose verses should not necessarily all be taken at their face value. Sections which accept and regulate slavery, limit the rights of women and condemn homosexuality are some examples.

Each Bible translation reflects the world view, beliefs and mind sets of its translators. Their personal biases distort their work. There is an additional complexity facing translators: today’s society is very different from that of Biblical times. It is sometimes difficult to find a current English word that closely matches a Hebrew or Greek term.

Same-Sex Relationships in the Bible

The Bible describes three emotionally close relationships between two people of the same gender. They appear to have progressed well beyond a casual friendship:

* Ruth and Naomi
* David and Jonathan
* Daniel and Ashpenaz

Daniel’s relationship appears to have been a committed homosexual partnership; the others may or may not have been sexually active.
Conclusions

* There may be as many as three references in the Bible to committed homosexual relationships, none of which was condemned.
* Homosexual activity in the temple by male prostitutes is clearly prohibited by the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament).
* Prostitution, both heterosexual and homosexual is generally condemned.
* Sexual abuse of boys by adult males is condemned
* St. Paul considered at least some male and female homosexual acts to be forbidden, but it is unclear precisely which acts are included. He may have been referring to:
o temple prostitution,
o people who are not innately gay, lesbian or bisexual, but who engaged in homosexual acts,
o to child sexual abuse, or
o group sexual orgies.

Paul was certainly aware of sexual orgies in Pagan temples, including both heterosexual and homosexual encounters. He would have been aware of the practice of male adults keeping a boy for sexual purposes. These may have been the only forms of same gender sex that he knew of. He did not appear to make any references in his writings to consentual, committed homosexual relationships. He probably did not know of any.

One should note that Paul also condemned women preaching (1 Cor 14:34) or wearing gold or pearls (1 Tim 2:11). He also accepted and did not condemn the institution of slavery. Many Christians feel that his writings reflect his own prejudices are not a particularly useful guide for ethics and morals in the 20th Century.
* Jesus made many hundreds of statements regarding belief and behavior. However He never mentioned homosexuality.
* It is the subject of endless debate whether St. Paul’s prohibition of at least some homosexual acts was:
o for the people in the vicinity of the Mediterranean during the 1st Century CE, or
o for all people, forever.

One can argue that the ancient Israelites were surrounded by warlike tribes. Their fertility was very important if the group was to survive. The early Christian church was persecuted by the Roman government and by the Jewish religious leaders. Homosexuals tend to have few children; thus their presence would be met with opposition. At the end of the 20th Century, conditions are the exact opposite; we are threatened by our excessive fertility. Perhaps Paul’s criticism of homosexuality is no longer valid, like his various prohibitions against women’s behavior.

• Disko Pickle 2009/08/15 01:04:29
    Disko Pickle
    +20
    Sorry, but the Bible is 100% clear that homosexuality is a sin for which the punishment is death. There is no wiggle room on this one. If you want to have an open mind about homosexuality, I'm afraid you're going to have to drop your Christian faith. You can't have it both ways.

• Marie October... 2009/09/16 14:44:15
    Marie
    +1
    If we were smart enough to follow the ten commandments, we might find heaven on earth- Think about it!
  • October... Marie 2009/09/17 00:19:44
    Octoberwolf
    +1
    if we follow the ten commandments. then we have found captivity on Earth
  • SAMYLYNN 2009/08/19 18:13:29
    SAMYLYNN
    +3
    THE MAIN THING I LIKE ABOUT THIS IS YOU POINT OUT ALL THE SILLY LITTLE THINGS IN THE BIBLE THAT PEOPLE DONT FOLLOW BUT CLAIM THEY LIVE THIER LIVES BY THE BIBLE ...I AM NOT SAYING PEOPLE ARE WRONG TO LOOK TO THE BIBLE FOR COMFORT BUT I DONT THINK IT WAS MEANT TO BE TAKEN SO LITERALLY...
  • Connor ... SAMYLYNN 2009/08/20 00:19:22
    Connor Pope
    +3
    Exactly! The bible was never fully meant to be taken literally.
  • SAMYLYNN Connor ... 2009/08/20 15:17:58
    SAMYLYNN
    +2
    I AGREE
  • Marie SAMYLYNN 2011/10/03 18:48:21
    Marie
    Only parts of the bible are revelation!
  • Cindy Smith 2009/08/17 17:44:15
    Cindy Smith
    +5
    casting the first stone I see! Jesus loves us all regardless of who and what we are..
  • Connor ... Cindy S... 2009/08/17 17:59:21
    Connor Pope
    +1
    Exactly, and Jesus also never said homosexuality was a sin
  • daany Boy Connor ... 2009/09/08 20:54:34
    daany Boy
    +1
    Nap time. Connor!
  • Connor ... daany Boy 2009/09/08 21:33:27
    Connor Pope
    Insult me more
  • daany Boy Connor ... 2009/09/08 22:20:15
    daany Boy
    +1
    ok...you are ugly tooooooooo! heheheh..kidding
  • Connor ... daany Boy 2009/09/08 22:21:42
    Connor Pope
    +1
    Hehe alot of girls will disagree with you on that :P
  • daany Boy Connor ... 2009/09/08 22:43:27
    daany Boy
    +1
    I am sure! :)
  • October... Connor ... 2009/09/17 00:20:47
    Octoberwolf
    +1
    how old are you connor?
  • Connor ... October... 2009/09/17 01:31:04
    Connor Pope
    15 >_>, about to be 16 in a couple months :P
  • October... Connor ... 2009/09/18 18:57:12
    Octoberwolf
    ahhh, that explains it LOL. Good thing you believe you are attractive.. otherwise no girl would
  • Connor ... October... 2009/09/18 22:23:56
    Connor Pope
    Lol :P, I know I'm attractive based on the attention I get at school >_>
  • October... Connor ... 2009/09/19 12:14:15
    Octoberwolf
    +2
    good for you. be sure to remember school and make it a good time of life to remember.
  • daany Boy Cindy S... 2009/09/08 20:54:02
    daany Boy
    Really? Who is he going to blot out of the book, spew them from his mouth, and cast them into the lake of fire...his perverted loved ones?
    BTW J-SUS was not his name....May I suggest you get your ass out of the ditch?
  • Marie Cindy S... 2011/10/03 18:51:01
    Marie
    I love all my children nomatter what their sexual orientation is! I love each one, and love cannot be measured! I am sure this is true with God!
  • Jwalden --- Constitution Party 2009/08/17 12:03:50
    Jwalden --- Constitution Party
    +6
    Considering your 'source' is from a source that believes in Changing Christianity to a 'user friendly' 'all faith fits all' religion, your statement is luaghable. http://www.religioustolerance...
    I went to your link and clicked the home source referred to. It does choose to rewrite Christianity by its admission.

Actually, I'm being nice about the site. It blatantly 'redefines' Christianity to look like a farce, [yet does not assault the other religions as harshly]

http://www.religioustolerance...

I don't mind if someone chooses one way over another. Everyone has to make choices in life. But, Changing definitions of words to suit one bias view is a joke at best, Dishonest hipocrosy at second best.

Enjoy your belief system.
    And 'no', I will not debate the question, For neither of us will consider to change mindset.
  • Connor ... Jwalden... 2009/08/17 12:13:19
    Connor Pope
    +1
    It doesn't matter where I got it from Jwalden because what it says is factual information. The word homosexuality actually means ritualistic rape in the Ancient Hebrew meaning and you can't deny that by attacking the source of my information.

qadesh means a male temple prostitute who engaged in ritual sex; it is often mistranslated as “sodomite” or “homosexual.”
    to’ebah means a condemned foreign Pagan religious cult practice, but often translated as “abomination.”

Those are the two words at stake Jwalden. There was no word for homosexuality back then, and people had little to no understanding of a homosexual anyways.

You are wrong
  • Jwalden... Connor ... 2009/08/17 12:15:14
    Jwalden --- Constitution Party
    +3
    Enjoy your belief
  • Connor ... Jwalden... 2009/08/17 12:39:08
    Connor Pope
    +1
    Yet again, you posted no rebuttal, no counter, no proof, no facts. I have

You simply are wrong, no matter which way you want or try to put it
  • Jwalden... Connor ... 2009/08/17 13:02:38
    Jwalden --- Constitution Party
    +4
    I will not argue with a closed door. have a good day.
  • Connor ... Jwalden... 2009/08/17 13:06:38
    Connor Pope
    +1
    No, you will not argue when the facts are against you. You are being ignorant Jwalden, tell me WHY being gay is a sin
  • daany Boy Connor ... 2009/09/08 21:01:26
    daany Boy
    +1
    YOUare enough reason Queer is wrong!
  • Connor ... daany Boy 2009/09/08 21:34:01
    Connor Pope
    +1
    And how am I the reason being a Queer is wrong? It's that type of thinking that shows how stupid you are.
  • Keoni91 Connor ... 2009/09/02 13:44:09
    Keoni91
    +1
    הוֹמוֹסֶקסוּאָלִי
  • Connor ... Keoni91 2009/09/02 21:47:22
    Connor Pope
    +1
    I'm not arguing where the words come from, I've come to the conclusion that men wrote the words, not god.
  • Keoni91 Connor ... 2009/09/03 17:04:40
    Keoni91
    +2
    Sorry, I just found the actually spelling in Hebrew. I understand what you are saying, all these so called Christians preach tolerance, peace and love just as long as your not gay. I myself is not gay, but I have nothing against gays either, I read it as god teaches me to love my brothers and sisters. Heck during the time of Jesus, history tells of the Romans, Greeks and Egyptians who practice male bonding. A young man is brought in to a old man house hold, they bathed each other and even written practice anal sex. You would think if God / Jesus was so against this practice they would have been struck died on the spot. Oh wait, Jesus and God are all forgiving, but that would mean they except people for who they are and not what they do in the bed room. Hmmmmmm
  • Connor ... Keoni91 2009/09/03 19:35:13
    Connor Pope
    Haha thank you, I totally agree
  • daany Boy Connor ... 2009/09/08 21:02:30
    daany Boy
    oooh
    when the tide turns...it was written by men..when men write what queer Connor agrees with, they are Facts! I see
  • Connor ... daany Boy 2009/09/08 21:34:27
    Connor Pope
    ...

The facts are, Being homosexual is not a sin.
  • Marie Connor ... 2009/09/16 14:48:48 (edited)
    Marie
    +1
    Not all the Bible is revelation!
  • daany Boy Connor ... 2009/09/08 21:00:33
    daany Boy
    You keep saying "often quoted"
    The best translations do not support your Queer proclivities.Stop it and go back to your ward.
  • Connor ... daany Boy 2009/09/08 21:34:38
    Connor Pope
    The best translations DO support it.
  • daany Boy Jwalden... 2009/09/08 20:58:32
    daany Boy
    +1
    Thank you! I was going to mention that damnable site's attempt to sway the minds of lazy and sleeping sheep...thank You! Thank You!
  • ♥əmma~*In Padfoot I trust*~♥ 2009/08/17 07:04:52
    ♥əmma~*In Padfoot I trust*~♥
    +2
    Homosexuality is not a sin. God wants all of his creations to be happy. homosexuality sin god creations happy
  • Marie ♥əmma~*... 2009/09/16 14:52:39
    Marie
    +1
    Marriage is only a word- Commitment is all that is needed! Marriage only gives the right to divorce- Love and commitment is the part that is important!

2014/11/28 12:17:38