No Obama - Character matters

Birthpangs 2012/06/15 21:19:39

Before sharing this with you, I wanted to make sure it was factual. It is!

You can verify it here . Watch the video at the bottom (in snopes) too!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/search.asp

Y es, Mitt Romney is a self-made multi-millionaire~~but read this story about a part of his life that you have never heard about before!

It would be my guess that as President of the United States he will not accept a salary.

N or abuse the use of Air Force-1, and I am guessing he will not accept any retirement bonus.

THIS IS JUST SOMETHING TO REMEMBER WHEN YOU VOTE !!! PLEASE SEND TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK!

You will not be hearing a story like this about Obama............One doesn't exist .

Yes, character does matter, and what we have been hearing in the media recently has been quite shocking. I thought you might like to see another side of one of the candidates. It appears there is more to the Bain Capital story than is being told. So, I hope this inspirational story is informative enough to convince you that Mitt Romney is one of the good guys!

Romney's character... This facet of Romney's personality isn't so subtle.

In July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner at
Bain Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught father had no idea where she was.

Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay's daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search.

He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone that Bain did business with in New York , and asked them to help find his friend's missing daughter.

Romney's accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could --including prostitutes, drug addicts, homeless people, -- anyone.

That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a house in New Jersey , where they found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing
withdrawal symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl might not have survived another day.

Romney's former partner credits Mitt Romney with saving his daughter's life, saying, "It was the most amazing thing, and I'll never forget this to the day I die."

So, here's my epiphany: Mitt Romney simply can't help himself.

He sees a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it,
sometimes consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously.

He doesn't do it for self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that's just how he's wired.

Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by
his old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to rescue the firm from bankruptcy, Romney left Bain Capital to work at Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar.

When Romney went to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary for three years, and would not use an expense account. He also accepted no salary as Governor of Massachusetts .

Character counts!!! (and yes... that's worth reading again!)

It's nice to hear something positive about one of the candidates for a change.
Why isn't this story Publicized More in the Media?

(You tell me!)

CHECKED OUT WITH SNOPES -- TRUTH OR FICTION:
snopes.com: Romney Business Partner Daughter Search
(It's TRUE! )

• PaulBot415 2012/06/16 00:46:35
    Other
    PaulBot415
    +1
    I'd rather him than obeezy.
  • mightymouse49 2012/06/15 23:11:41
    The self serving POS in the Wh would never do anything like this
    mightymouse49
    +1
    WOW! I think Romney will make a wonderful president.
  • angelbaby 2012/06/15 22:17:24
    angelbaby
    +3
    He'll no he wouldn't .. But, he WOULD try to get a photo op somehow during a crisis
  • Birthpangs angelbaby 2012/06/15 22:34:55
  • angelbaby Birthpangs 2012/06/16 13:33:07
    angelbaby
    +1
    For sure!
  • Wanderer 2012/06/15 22:11:44
    Wanderer
    +3
    I've seen this before,it's just one of many facets to Romneys character that shouts out loud that he would make a fine and upstanding President...
  • HarleyCharley 2012/06/15 21:42:55
    HarleyCharley
    +4
    I agree....
  • DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/06/15 21:24:51
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +3
    Making a REAL Change in November would be so refreshing, uplifting and inspiring. We were all sold a bill of goods last time around, but Romney seems to be the real deal... the more we uncover about MItt, the better he looks. Obama? Quite the opposite.
  • Wanderer DS in O... 2012/06/15 22:14:05
    Wanderer
    +3
    One can't but help agree with that.
  • Birthpangs DS in O... 2012/06/15 22:33:41
  • Birthpangs 2012/06/15 21:20:53

2014/07/24 16:59:37