NNAF Bowl-a-Thon Raises Funds for 14-Year-Old’s Abortion: Approve or Disapprove?

Fef 2012/05/08 06:45:50
CNSNews.com reports: The National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF), who last month raised over $400,000 for abortions through its Bowl-a-Thon, touted that it provided money for a 14-year-old’s abortion as part of the group's “real stories of abortion access.”

NNAF boasted that it provided the abortion for Darcy. “I'm pretty smart for 14, I think,” Darcy writes. “I love biology, especially the stuff on animals. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a vet -- I definitely want to start my own practice so that I make enough money and when I have kids I can be home with them,” she said.
NNAF darcy

Read More: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/bowl-thon-group-to...

• Figment 2012/05/08 07:12:20 (edited)
    Disapprove
    Figment
    +4
    That's just plain wrong.
    Smart... is she? Why is a 14-year old girl pregnant?!

• TruBluTopaz 2012/05/09 02:31:56
    Disapprove
    TruBluTopaz
    So this organization provided a medical procedure that could result in hemmoraging, blood clots, sterility or death and yet as a teacher I can't give a kid with a headache a Tylenol? Talk about a lack of balance.
  • Gooky 2012/05/09 01:28:37
    Disapprove
    Gooky
    Whatever happened to bowling for a good cause?Heart disease,cancer,cerebral palsy...anything that doesn't include "murder".
  • morris44 2012/05/08 20:05:37
    Approve
    morris44
    The organization exists to fund abortions. It is doing what it set out to do. How can one not approve of their success.
  • Bella 2012/05/08 16:45:16
    Approve
    Bella
    No one approves of 14 years olds having sex but it's naive to think that it isn't happening. She went to her mother and they went to the clinic, she did nothing wrong and everything according to the law. Her actions can be protested and people can disapprove but to try to stop her would have been unlawful.
  • Rebel Yell 2012/05/08 14:57:16
    Disapprove
    Rebel Yell
    +1
    The core of the story should not be about the abortion (as bad as that is), it should be why a 14 year old is having sex and getting pregnant. That situation is fairly common place now. " I'm pretty smart for 14." No, she's obviously not.

"My abortion would cost more than our rent". Well, that says a lot right there. Darcy's baby would have received welfare benefits for several years. Or, there could be available and affordable birth control. Without it, there is a good chance Darcy will be pregnant at 15.
  • Riobhca 2012/05/08 14:48:12 (edited)
    Disapprove
    Riobhca
    +1
    That is absolutely awful. What a great way to teach her that she need not be at all responsible for her own actions!
  • AdLib 2012/05/08 14:02:41
    Approve
    AdLib
    First, I'd like to say, I don't think 14 year olds should be having sex, but in the real world they do. This is a good example of why birth control should be easily available.
  • Waldorf 2012/05/08 13:40:10
    Approve
    Waldorf
    I am sure we will hear from the other NNAF (National Network of Abortionist Flamers). Some who are so "pro-life" should first get one for themselves.
  • Seonag 2012/05/08 12:46:13
    Disapprove
    Seonag
    +1
    If Darcy was as smart as she says and loves biology, she would have been smart enough NOT to get pregnant! But, when casual sex is touted through all forms of media, we can expect this to continue to happen!
    Disapprove
    +2
    Say what?
    Seriously .. 14 and Pregnant .. is not my definition of 'smart' ..
    (and it definitely is NOT a /success/ either .. the child should have been protected by her parent so that she did NOT get pregnant in the first place .. )
    UGH ..
  • D D 2012/05/08 07:44:06
    Disapprove
    D D
    +3
    That is ridiculous! Usually funds raised are to help kids who are sick or retarded.
  • Figment 2012/05/08 07:12:20 (edited)
    Disapprove
    Figment
    +4
    That's just plain wrong.
  • User De... Figment 2012/05/08 07:14:22
    User Deactivated
    +3
    Lol. Her nonsense amused me quite a bit. Smart people do not get themselves pregnant at such a young age wherein they are incapable of providing for offspring. Nor do they murder them simply because of their mistakes.
  • Figment User De... 2012/05/08 07:15:44 (edited)
    Figment
    +2
    Typically, people who have to say that they're smart usually are not so smart. That's been my experience.
  • Scream 2012/05/08 06:54:32
    Approve
    Scream
    +3
    If they wanted to raise the money I'm not stopping them. 14 year olds shouldn't be having kids.
  • User Deactivated 2012/05/08 06:47:28
    Disapprove
    User Deactivated
    +3
    If someone wants to murder a person, they should provide the means to do so.

2014/11/22 14:26:09