NJ Muslims File Federal Suit to Stop NYPD Spying

millermedia 2012/06/18 20:39:45
The NYPD has a right to protect their citizens
Islam is a religion of peace.

I guess they cannot understand why the PD would be watching them.... How soon they forget 9/11 and the fact that their own religion calls on them to convert westerners or kill us...
Keep up the great work NYPD!!

from the AP
A Muslim civil rights group that has worked closely with the Obama administration to build better relationships with American Muslims is suing the New York Police Department over its surveillance programs.

My God this is truly unbelievable....We let these people into our country and they walk in our streets trying to find a way to destroy us and our way of life,and they have the audacity to sue our police for watching their movements and trying to protect us from another 911 incident. Let them go back to their own country where they can be FREE if they don't like our laws here; we would all sleep a lot better. We are too lenient in allowing aliens into our borders.

• Cuppajo 2012/06/18 22:59:33
    Cuppajo
    +5
    Nay, the NYPD has a DUTY to protect their citizens.

• SK-pro impeachment 2012/07/02 05:53:29
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    Since they asked, now they have all the more reason to keep an eye on them. Brilliant on their part! NOT!
  • rand 2012/06/20 03:22:36
    rand
    +1
    Depends on the specifics. Some may be squandering taxpayer dollars and others may be critical to the safety of our citizens.
    +2
    They don't like it they can leave.
  • Bob DiN 2012/06/19 09:37:14
    Bob DiN
    +2
    Screw the NJ Muslims.
  • PaulBot415 2012/06/19 04:11:20
    PaulBot415
  • S and S 2012/06/19 03:23:17
  • SK-pro ... S and S 2012/07/02 05:56:16
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    You ppl really need to lay off the "Conspiracy Nut Cheerios".
  • S and S SK-pro ... 2012/07/02 11:56:26
  • SK-pro ... S and S 2012/07/02 14:45:51
  • S and S SK-pro ... 2012/07/02 15:29:19
  • SK-pro ... S and S 2012/07/02 15:30:17
  • S and S SK-pro ... 2012/07/03 00:04:00
  • SK-pro ... S and S 2012/07/03 00:15:20
    SK-pro impeachment
    thank you, thank you very muuuuch!
  • Striker 2012/06/19 01:36:39
    Striker
    +3
    Now why is it that after 9/11 we still allow those people to migrate to our USA?
    That door ought to have been slammed and locked on 9/12.
  • HipJipC Striker 2012/06/19 04:14:46
    HipJipC
    +1
    So does it also hold true that whatever race(s) and/or religion you were born from who have done terrible things should also cause you to have the door slammed on you and all others of your race(s) and/or religion? Judging an entire group because of the "alleged" wrongs of a few seems right to you?
  • Striker HipJipC 2012/06/19 04:38:23
    Striker
    +3
    so 9/11 and continuing threats, and billions for wars, that's all okay with you?
  • HipJipC HipJipC 2012/06/19 20:03:31
    HipJipC
    +1
    I see I have been blocked. Why ask me a question and then block me? Because you know I'm right, I hit a nerve.
    To answer your question Striker Blocker and Shi**er upon freedom of speech ... I have a big problem with 9/11. Not one country has ever gone up against our National Defense. Why? Because they are not stupid and they know they would fail. So on 9/11, with the trillions of dollars spend on our National Security ... planes were allowed to go off course and hit their targets. So on this particular day it did a "oops" missed that one? The only continuing threats are from our country. Syria is next and China and Russia have now threatened us because of our countries plans to invade. It is not billions being spent to murder innocents and take over their countries ... it's trillions. None of this shi* sets well with me. When I go to bed at night I don't dream selfish dreams ... I feel the pain of the innocents and the disgust that it is my country that is doing it.
  • HipJipC HipJipC 2012/06/19 20:22:09
    HipJipC
    Ah ... Not only did my freedom of speech get taken away by an American citizen who demands theirs I'm sure, it was also taken away by the person who posted this by deleting my comment. And people wonder why our country is going down the toilet ... blame it all on the Muslims right?
    OK, delete again, but this time do it right. Block me completely. Karma is a bitch, ask Rodney King when you see him.
  • dlsofsetx 2012/06/19 01:16:13
    dlsofsetx
    +3
    Go figure,after all the crap Muslims have put New York through for coming up on eleven years.
  • umapathy Krishnamurthy 2012/06/19 00:45:38
    umapathy Krishnamurthy
    +3
    Nothing wrong
    +3
    Keep the good watch NYPD
  • All American 2012/06/18 23:47:50
    All American
    +4
    I agree, it they don't like it, go back where you came from.
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/18 23:14:21 (edited)
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +3
    "We are too lenient in allowing aliens into our borders." Absolutely, I'd be willing to bet that's where the VAST majority of them are entering in, same as with the Mexicans. God forbid they ever tried a large-scale war on this soil, that's where they'd come from. And a whole host of 'latinos' would join with them. In fact, La Raza and the Black Panthers already have partnered up with them - the Black Panthers even also declaring a war on 'whitey'. Isn't that nice?!
  • Cuppajo 2012/06/18 22:59:33
    Cuppajo
    +5
  • Gothpirate 2012/06/18 21:33:22
    Gothpirate
    +1
    I'm not undecided I think that the law should be applied fairly regardless of religious affiliation spying on Muslims for being Muslim is Islamaphobic and un-American
  • Magnus ... Gothpirate 2012/06/18 23:04:58
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +3
    You, being a Canadian and therefore a member of the wonderful (and I say that saturated in sarcasm) array of the Marxist spectrum, would not know the first thing about being an American and so you could not even possibly begin to know what would or would not be construed as American. And as for Islamophobia, it is only irrational if there isn't actually something to be 'afraid' of. Further, if YOU love heathen sharia law and Muslims so much, then YOU can go right on ahead an roll out the welcome mat for them in Canada and do us both a HUGE favor! Failing that, you worry about your Nation to the extent you're allowed too, and we will worry about ours. Last I checked, they haven't blown anything of yours up there, have they? Explains a bunch.
  • HipJipC Gothpirate 2012/06/19 04:31:16
    HipJipC
    The way some of these people think and speak, if the same was applied to them and whatever race and/or religion they are from, at some point in time their race and/or religion has caused death and destruction. In that case, none of us deserve to live. But the good ol' American way has created a bunch of selfish, naricisstic babies who for some reason think they are better than the rest of the world. And they are all so "scared" when it isn't even them who are sitting in the middle of a war zone watching their kids get blown to bits. But because their country is doing all the blowing to bits and using 9/11 to justify it then it becomes honorable and perfectly ok. F**k our warring nation and f**k everyone who says they are proud of this!! Next stop Syria ... but it's ok. More innocent people need to die for 9/11. How many will be enough for the American people????!!!!
    nation fk proud syria innocent people die 911 american people
  • fuzzy K... Gothpirate 2012/06/20 13:21:21
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    +1
    I'm confident that if we had a problem with Jews committing terrorist acts NYPD would be spying on them as well
    In the past we had law enforcement spying on the KKK, the Weather Underground, The Black Panthers, etc.

Most Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists ARE Muslim.
  • Gothpirate fuzzy K... 2012/06/20 20:28:22
    Gothpirate
    +1
    Tell that to the 61 active militia's across the United States
  • fuzzy K... Gothpirate 2012/06/20 20:57:59
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    ... and how many of them have killed or attempted to kill innocent people?

Do you doubt that law enforcement is spying on them too?
  • Jim 2012/06/18 21:31:49
    Jim
    +5
    Islam is a dangerous religion. They want sharia law world wide. They do not tolerate any other beliefs but Islam. To quote Yoda, "Be afraid, be very afraid."
  • bob'45 2012/06/18 20:55:27
    bob'45
    +5
    Screw the muslims. Keep up the good work NYPD!!!!
  • fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust" 2012/06/18 20:49:44
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    +5
    The NYPD sent people to Muslim neighborhoods to hang out in coffee houses and bookstores. No NYPD personnel even went into a Mosque unless following a suspected lead.
    Since most terrorists are Muslim it only makes sense to spy on them.

Would it have made more sense for them to set up surveillance in Jewish or Polish neighborhoods? Maybe Italian and Irish so they don't feel left out? SHEESH!

2014/09/19 15:54:31