Nikki Haley Calls Battered And Raped Women ‘Distractions,’ Vetoes Legislation

Samantha 2012/07/10 23:27:08
Raped and battered women “are distractions” that only represent a “small portion” of South Carolina’s population. That’s how Governor Nikki Haley explained her decision to veto critical funding that goes to programs that work to prevent domestic abuse and rape.

Last week, Haley threw women across the state under a bus by abandoning funding that prevents domestic abuse and sexual assault and then added insult to injury by explaining that battered and assaulted women are a “small portion” of society and are mere “distractions” who don’t matter.

As a woman, you would think Governor Haley would make preventing rape and domestic abuse a major legislative and executive initiative. It’s bad enough that women already have to deal with male politicians who don’t care about women’s issues, but for a female politician to demonstrate how little she cares about curbing violence against women is even more detestable.

Read More: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/07/10/nikki-hale...

• AmericanAtheistNavyVet 2012/12/10 15:38:42
    AmericanAtheistNavyVet
    our cybergovernor's name is NIMRATA a beautiful name in the Hindu language meaning HARMONY.... I refuse to let her Nikk the blood out of me, rape victims, unions, the Savannah River or our potentially beautiful state.... Nimrata Haley was installed by fake computer voting 2010 and I will continue to demand we resume real paper ballot voting, only 2 Senators sided with the Governor veto.... making near unanimous all party repudiation of this extremist female sitting in the Governor's chair 843-926-1750 www.hireLarryFireBobby.com @VoteLarryDis114 @Greens926_1750 Larry_Carter_Center@yahoo.com
  • Schläue~© 2012/07/10 23:53:57
    Schläue~©
    Some funny chit right there. Notice how you purposely left out her actual quote in hopes the lazy wouldn't bother to go read it........ from a bogus headline to the TRUTH....

“Each of these lines attempts to serve a portion of our population for which we extend our sympathy and encouragement,” Haley said. “But nevertheless, it is only a small portion of South Carolina’s chronically ill or abused. Overall, these special add-on lines distract from the agency’s broader mission of protecting South Carolina’s public health.”
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/07/11 00:52:30
    Samantha
    I posted what she said. She said they were distractions. Imagine that coming from a woman. This has to do with funding for domestic violence and sexual assault programs. I posted the truth; you're a conservative and, therefore, reject facts, science and reason.
  • Schläue~© Samantha 2012/07/11 01:13:09
    Schläue~©
    NO..... she said... "these special add-on lines distract from the agency’s broader mission of protecting South Carolina’s public health."

get it right.

Your mentors are slippin'. You'll have to repeat the chapter on 'Deception'.
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/07/11 01:19:12 (edited)
    Samantha
    So, in Nikki Haley's mind, preventing the rape of women and fighting against domestic violence aren't public health issues. Wow! Thank you for pointing out just how twisted conservatives are when it comes to women's issues.

Perhaps, someone could explain compassion to you and Nikki Haley.
  • Schläue~© Samantha 2012/07/11 01:24:16
    Schläue~©
    Once again.... your incapable of comprehending and acknowledging what someone actually says without molesting it with your own interpretations.
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/07/11 01:26:21 (edited)
    Samantha
    She said it; I posted her words.

You remind me of the man who tried to file a lawsuit against Rachel Maddow when all she did was accurately report what he said. Again, n Nikki Haley's mind, and yours, preventing the rape of women and fighting against domestic violence aren't public health issues. Wow! Thank you for pointing out just how twisted conservatives are when it comes to women's issues.
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/07/11 01:28:42
    Samantha
    By the way, your profile indicates you're in Germany; right now, as you respond to me it's 3:26 a.m. on Wednesday CEST. This could be a case of you just being up late or is this a case of you using a taxpayer-funded computer to post extremist messages at SH?
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/07/11 01:20:44 (edited)
    Samantha
    The conservative war against women.

http://www.politicususa.com/d...
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/07/11 01:22:43 (edited)
    Samantha
    I definitely understand your problem now; you're in the military and part of the militarism that infects American society.
  • Schläue~© Samantha 2012/07/11 01:26:13
    Schläue~©
    Come compare degrees, if when and if you ever acquire any.
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/07/11 01:30:49 (edited)
    Samantha
    You're, if nothing else, funny. When I complete my degree, I'll have a Ph.D. in Natural Resources and Sustainable Development which means the difference between you and me is that while you support killing, war and mayhem I support working to maintain our environment. You're so funny when you insult me because it indicates you know I'm right and you're wrong.
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/07/11 01:33:52
    Samantha
    You should know that I'm not impressed, in any way, with militarism of any kind, including the U.S. military, because the creation of the national security state has eroded the freedoms of Americans as the military-industrial-intelligence complex has grown in power.
  • Christy 2012/07/10 23:41:23
    Christy
    +1
    Clueless and heartless--not a good combination.

2014/04/20 13:04:59