Newt Gingrich to drop out, will he endorse Romney?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/26 03:16:37

• Wake The Sheeple 2012/05/01 02:21:04
    Wake The Sheeple
    +1
    Yes, like a good little CFR member... ugh!
  • *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg' 2012/05/01 01:29:29
    *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg'
    But not until he 'has to'.
  • gunner 2012/04/30 21:54:21
    gunner
    +2
    Yes he did ! I had hoped he would support Paul. Gingrich is and always has been a globalist. He is money oriented. I`d not be surprised if he took cash for his endorsement of Oba I mean Romney. ( I get them mixed up)
  • TheTailor 2012/04/30 19:49:52
    TheTailor
    Gingrich will endorse the nominee.
  • Yes
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +2
    I don't know if you noticed or not but Ron Paul doesn't think very highly of Gingrich. Newt was his favorite target in the debates.
  • TheTailor Jerry (... 2012/04/30 21:48:59
    TheTailor
    And of course Gingrich left Paul speechless on the question concerning McVey.
  • Jerry (... TheTailor 2012/04/30 22:24:35
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    I didn't catch that. Fill me in if you would be so kind.
  • TheTailor Jerry (... 2012/04/30 22:56:59
    TheTailor
    One of the debates, I think Paul was making the point that the patriot act shouldn't be in effect saying we didn't have it when McVey did the Oklahoma City bombing, to which Gingrich replied "That's the point, we want to prevent the bombing, not prosecute AFTER the fact.

Paul was left standing there speechless, couldn't answer.
  • PrettieReptar 2012/04/29 20:26:15
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    I think he already said he would. Not surprising considering neither Gingrich or Romney are real Republicans--both are neocons. All but Paul are.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/04/30 21:49:37
    TheTailor
    +1
    But Paul is as anti-war as McGovern, so nobody wants him.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/01 13:53:02
    PrettieReptar
    Funny you mention that. For someone who is so "anti-war", Paul receives more support from our military men and women than any other candidate.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/01 17:40:47
    TheTailor
    Actually, that's not true, here at Fort Hood the vast majority support Romney over Obama and think that's going to be the race, Paul is hardly even mentioned and when he is, he's quickly dismissed.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/02 17:51:13
    PrettieReptar
    I'm not talking about the people at Fort Hood--I'm talking about campaign donations across the US.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/02 20:38:41
    TheTailor
    What's true at Fort Hood reflects the army in general.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/02 22:02:27
    PrettieReptar
    Here is an article from Army Times.

http://www.armytimes.com/news...
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/03 00:50:05
    TheTailor
    The Army Times isn't credible, it hasn't anything to do with the army, it's not an official Army publication.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/03 15:33:32
    PrettieReptar
    My point is that Paul has received more support from our military men and women in the form of campaign donations than any other presidential candidate--including Romney who hasn't even served in the military. Therefore, your claim that "nobody wants him", just doesn't fly.

If I'm wrong prove it. Offer me something tangible, something besides your word that the "vast majority at FH" support the flip flopping neocon Romney.

Hard to believe anyone in our military would support Romney. Maybe you could explain that to me while your at it.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/03 17:11:09
    TheTailor
    Ahh, "... more support from our military men and women in the form of campaign donations ...", I see. I don't know how you would know that as you aren't privy to the donation statistics of the other candidates. When I say "nobody wants him" I'm saying it pertaining to the general voting public, Paul as a rule never get much more than about 20%, or at least from what I've seen.

This is childlike, "If I'm wrong prove it.". When you make a claim the burden of proof is on you, I don't do your research. I don't care if you believe it or not, I'm telling you that because of Paul's anti-war stance and want to bring all the military back to the states, they don't support him. Would they support him over Obama if he was the nominee? Of course, but we all know it's a pipe dream to think he's going to be the nominee.

I bore easily with the "neocon" and "flip flopping" labels, please refrain. I'm not a fan of Romney, but he's not anti-war, so obviously the military supports him over Paul.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/03 17:19:58
    PrettieReptar
    Whatever. I provided you prove but you then you denied its credibility. I got the impression that no matter what I said or did would satisfy your criteria so I put the ball back in your court.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/04 01:46:20
    TheTailor
    Look, have whatever opinion you want, I have information to pass along, if you don't want it fine. It's factual.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/03 17:30:49
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/04 01:59:35
    TheTailor
    That's fine, "Paul says...", just his say so doesn't make it so. In all honesty this isn't important to me. For decades I've agreed with 85% of what Paul stands for, I won't be voting for him though as I don't believe he has a prayer of becoming the nominee.

If he is the nominee, I'll vote for him, but I would voted for a chihuahua over Obama, so that doesn't mean much.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/05 17:48:06
    PrettieReptar
    I posted the link--to demonstrate that what Paul said is substantiated. He isn't talking out his @ss.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the information you presented. I like hearing what people in the military have to say with regard to our presidential candidates. That's not the issue here--the issue here is that you used that information to back up your argument.

Based on facts, it is not true that "nobody wants Paul". And using popular sentiment, as you have, will not make it true.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/06 00:21:23
    TheTailor
    +1
    I think I said this before but maybe not clearly, Pauls support via polling information I've seen is what, maybe 20%? That's what I mean when I say 'nobody wants him', that 80% aren't interested in Paul.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/06 19:55:54
    PrettieReptar
    I don't recall you mentioning that.

As far as poll results are concerned, I think it really depends on the nature and source of the poll. If the question in the poll is straightforward (do you like so and so which only requires a yes or no), and the source is reliable and trustworthy then I think we could draw some pretty reliable conclusions.

Specifically where did you obtain the polling information? I'd have to look at it before I could render judgment.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/06 21:24:01
    TheTailor
    Through the debate they had polling data, no specific source. Looking now I see:

Election 2012: Republican Presidential Primary
    National Poll: Romney 37%, Santorum 28%, Gingrich 17%, Paul 10%

That was last month though, http://www.rasmussenreports.c...
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/06 23:20:01
    PrettieReptar
    As far as polling data goes, it looks about right.

http://www.realclearpolitics....
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/07 01:49:32
    TheTailor
    See, it's not that I dislike Paul, he just doesn't have public support.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/07 15:56:20
    PrettieReptar
    Can we prove that these polls are an accurate reflection of the attitude of the general public? I don't think so, but its fun to talk about.

Have you seen the Obama vs. Paul head-to-head poll results? Paul polls well.

http://www.realclearpolitics....

Unfortunately, according to these same poll results, none of the Republican candidates can beat Obama.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/07 19:05:35
    TheTailor
    I wouldn't believe any poll, but if we doubled the numbers Paul has, he still doesn't have enough support to win. Although I think Romney will have a lot of trouble beating Obama, overall a chipmunk should be able to beat him.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/08 00:11:41 (edited)
    PrettieReptar
    If you don't believe in any poll then what was the point in bringing it up?

Edit: clarify. Replace them with it.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/08 01:09:22
    TheTailor
    You have to look at them as an aggregate, then you can get a sense of the overall situation. Normally individual polls are worded to produce the result wanted, they can't be trusted.
  • Prettie... TheTailor 2012/05/08 16:30:09
    PrettieReptar
    While I have enjoyed talking to you I don't really see a point in all this.

You replied to my original comment with "nobody wants Paul". I don't agree. The evidence just does not point to that outcome. Let's call it day and leave it at that.
  • TheTailor Prettie... 2012/05/08 18:13:38
    TheTailor
    +1
    No harm no foul, I just can't find any big numbers anywhere that support him, we'll agree to disagree ;-)
  • ☮ Ron ☮ Paul ☮ 2012! ☮ 2012/04/29 20:24:48
    ☮ Ron ☮ Paul ☮ 2012! ☮
    +2
    Because he was truly running against Ron Paul the whole time.
  • TheTailor ☮ Ron ☮... 2012/04/30 21:48:01
    TheTailor
    Gingrich like Paul was running for the nomination, against Paul and all others runing.
  • ☮ Ron ☮... TheTailor 2012/05/01 02:19:53
    ☮ Ron ☮ Paul ☮ 2012! ☮
    +1
    Come to think about it, you're absolutely right, Newt was in his own little world wasn't he. He seemed to be the loner on the one side of the stage, Paul on the other, while Santorum and Romney were strategically placed in the center stage. Interesting!
  • TheTailor ☮ Ron ☮... 2012/05/01 05:17:19
    TheTailor
    Well no, Gingrich was with all the others, and in fact bested all in all debates.
  • ☮ Ron ☮... TheTailor 2012/05/02 04:12:45
    ☮ Ron ☮ Paul ☮ 2012! ☮
    Oh well, he was bested by his lack of budgeting skills.
  • TheTailor ☮ Ron ☮... 2012/05/02 13:16:23
    TheTailor
    Umm, Gingrich was responsible for the only balanced federal budgets we've seen in our lives. Like Paul and the others, Gingrich lacked money and Romney is buying the nomination. Sadly I think it's likely he won't win against Obama.

2014/04/19 09:32:50