Newt Gingrich Drops Out of the Race: Upsetting or Anticlimactic?

Realistically, Newt Gingrich hasn't really been "in the running" for president for the last few months, but the presidential hopeful held on to the GOP candidacy longer than Mitt Romney's primary contender, Rick Santorum. Maybe he was holding out for a freak accident, or maybe there were some behind-the-scenes reasons for prolonging his candidacy. Whatever the case, it's over now. Gingrich officially put an end to his 2012 presidential run.

He made the announcement in a hotel ballroom near Washington, D.C., but didn't sound too enthusiastic about Romney. He said, "Today, I am suspending the campaign, but suspending the campaign does not mean suspending citizenship ... I'm asked sometimes, 'Is Mitt Romney conservative enough?' And my answer's simple: 'Compared to Barack Obama?' You know, this is not a choice between Mitt Romney and Ronald Reagan, this is a choice between Mitt Romney and the most radical, leftist president in American history." Is the end of his "wild ride" of a campaign upsetting or anticlimatic?

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Mr.Reasonable 2012/05/02 23:57:39
    Anticlimactic
    Mr.Reasonable
    +15
    Anticipated, unsurprising, inevitable, about time, how did he ever become a serious consideration for nomination in the first place?!

• Radical 1s1am1st 2012/05/04 01:45:43
    Upsetting
    Radical 1s1am1st
    +1
    Megamind is gone, he was the best thing since Herman Cain.
  • shermanmeister 2012/05/04 01:23:58
    Anticlimactic
    shermanmeister
    +1
    he just didn't have enough money and juice to go the distance
  • Soundstorm 2012/05/03 23:29:13 (edited)
    Anticlimactic
    Soundstorm
    +1
    Newt pulled back in

Just as long as he doesn't fall off his chair and die like the lame ending of Godfather 3.
  • JoeBob Scruggs 2012/05/03 23:00:23
    Anticlimactic
    JoeBob Scruggs
    +1
    Indeed. Anticlimactic is the perfect word for all things Gingrich. Good riddance to the unctuous blob of distended flesh. Go Newt, Go! Really, just go away Fatso. The Koch Suckers and Teabaggers wanna see Chris Chrisco, the new Masturbating Bear of Republitards everywhere.
  • Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWC... 2012/05/03 20:54:48
    Upsetting
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    I've simply lost all faith in the American people.......Newt Gingrich is the ONLY candidate that has proven himself on being serious about this budget issue.......evidently the progressive movement has taken over both parties now.....to be honest, I no longer have an interest in this election......America nominates the candidates with the most attack money to spend.....not the most qualified.....yes it's very disturbing and a slap in the face to the true conservative principles this country was founded on.,...need I say more?.....
  • Razorey... Deere G... 2012/05/03 23:27:24
    Razoreye001
    +5
    Well Ron Paul is still in the race I think.
  • Rick4Ro... Razorey... 2012/05/03 23:57:12
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    +1
    ...and growing in delegates and support, despite the blackout of the corporate media, and the efforts of the GOP to give us the next McCain... in Romney!

Republican or Independent... Ron Paul will be on all 50 states ballot.

Polls are showing Obama beats Romney... and Paul beats Obama... in a general election.

Choose wisely!
  • Deere G... Razorey... 2012/05/04 01:53:31
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    I like many of Pauls fiscal policies, but he scares me on defense.....not what the country needs....
  • Razorey... Deere G... 2012/05/04 01:54:50
    Razoreye001
    +1
    Well you could always vote for Obama like I am and hope for a better batch next season.
  • TheNigh... Deere G... 2012/05/04 05:36:15 (edited)
    TheNightFly
    +1
    Are you kidding? Paul is the only one who wants to secure the borders and not start WWIII.
  • sodabox Deere G... 2012/05/04 00:07:48 (edited)
    sodabox
    +1
    Sad how the right thinks the left has taken over and the left thinks the right has taken over. We can't seem to come together any more.
  • Deere G... sodabox 2012/05/04 02:01:13 (edited)
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    I'm 66 years old....I well know how the country has regressed over the last 40 years....both parties are to blame, this entitlement mentality is killing the country.....it's very hurtful and embarrassing when you go abroad and you give the Irish $100.00 and you get back 75 Euros......it used to be the other way around....we've lost our industries.....our country has lost it's way....not the wonderful country as I once knew it to be......but the younger generation don't know any different....only what old fogies like me tell them.....even then they don't believe it....in 10 years we're gonna be 100% european style socialism at best.....communism at worst....individually acquired wealth will be a thing of the past....a one party government.....the government takes all of your money and gives you what they want you to have.....that my friend is communism......nothing is free.....someone has to pay for all of this crap....no one gets free healthcare, free education and free housing.....and when you have half the country who don't even pay ANY income taxes, yet their hands are in the till, you have a problem.....America is bankrupt......it's debt has exceeded it's gross domestic product.....we owe more money than we're worth......that doesn't work for you and I and it doesn't work very long for the government......and I don't see it changing....will only get worse.........
  • sodabox Deere G... 2012/05/05 02:28:07
    sodabox
    +1
    Your generation just can't get past the "Red Scare". Really weirds me out because you'all also back Israel when they were the head of the Communist party in Germany pre-WWII. Don't take my word for it, look it up. The top 13 members of that party were Jews. 80% of why nazis rounded up jews was because they were even more afraid of communism then you are. The other 20% was racismism and bigotry. The nazis declared martial law by burning a government building and blaiming it on the communist party. The first people rounded up and put in the camps were communists. When they ran out of communists they turned to jews because they were guilty by association.

I don't see why you think Obama is spreading communism. Bush did more by adding perscription drugs to medicare then Obamacare did. And NO ONE in the GOP called Bush a communist. And Obamacare was called Romneycare before he stole it. And now you neo-cons are about to elect Romney! The man who INVENTED Obmacare! People like you seem insane to me. You hate Obamacare but you like Romney, plz explain that to me!

Ron Paul 2012!
  • Sissy Deere G... 2012/05/05 10:22:57
    Sissy
    Part of your comments I agree with. "The most attack money" is indeed the conumdrum of today's election cycles. Had this always been the case we would have been denied presidents like Abraham Lincoln and Harry Truman. As far as this country being "founded on conservative principles", that's a whole different debate.
  • Rick 2012/05/03 20:27:12
    Anticlimactic
    Rick
    +3
    This in unfortunate, as Newt has the best chance against Obama. He has the experience, the knowhow, and fire in his belly. Newt is not out. He will play am important part in the convention.
  • Deere G... Rick 2012/05/04 02:04:40
    Deere Guy ~POTL~PWCM~JL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I sure hope he does......he was the GOP's best hope of beating Obama....he would have ripped Obama to pieces in the debates.....Romney will never do that.....just my opinion......
  • rand 2012/05/03 19:58:51
    Upsetting
    rand
    +3
    Newt has been by far the most entertaining figure in the primary race.
  • Sissy rand 2012/05/05 10:26:46
    Sissy
    +1
    Boy I don't know rand. When you look back on that bench of candidates I would call it a toss-up.
  • rand Sissy 2012/05/06 01:28:36
    rand
    +1
    I'm a Republican from the era when the GOP was termed the "party of reason", and I'll admit the primaries were akin to watching midget clowns exiting a clown car.
  • Sissy rand 2012/05/06 10:04:30
    Sissy
    +1
    I come from that era too rand and it was indeed a "Grand Old Party". Together with the Dems they built a rich and powerful country. I trace the change directly back to the coming of Newt and DeLay in 1994 when they decided that carpet bombing the opposition was how anyone not agreeing with them was to be dealt with. No compromise, no discussing or debating. Anyone and I mean anyone, disagreeing were traitors, immoral and unChristian. While President Reagan continued to work with the Left the preceeding 10 years, he also was the one who initiated the evengelicals into state matters and that planted the seeds for the different factions that we see today.
  • rand Sissy 2012/05/06 14:17:29
    rand
    Am very much in agreement with your perspective.
  • joshua ben-ami 2012/05/03 19:38:48
    Anticlimactic
    joshua ben-ami
    +1
    indeed
  • JGF 2012/05/03 19:22:22
    Anticlimactic
    JGF
    +1
    Who hasn't been expecting this for at least six months?

Of course if I had people giving me millions of dollars to stage a campaign, however futile, I'd stay in til the last minute also. (Especially as it gives free publicity for current and future books.)
  • Flojo 2012/05/03 18:32:56
    Anticlimactic
    Flojo
    I too couldn't even believe he was hopeful of getting on the ticket! Way to much media for this guy.
  • Leo 2012/05/03 18:28:19
    Anticlimactic
    Leo
    Time to start kissing up for a job.
  • Sissy Leo 2012/05/05 10:28:15
    Sissy
    LOL. Given the animosity and the words spoken by each of them, I hardly think there is a place for the Fig in a Romney administration....not that there will ever be an opportunity.
  • Leo Sissy 2012/05/05 13:17:03
    Leo
    I don't know. They have all said nasty things about each other but Gingrinch represents a segment of the party that I don't think Romney motivates. It's all politics. They would literally kiss each other's butts if it would guarantee a victory over Obama.
  • Sissy Leo 2012/05/05 15:16:06
    Sissy
    +1
    Its true. Its a bumpy road in any primary but you have to admit that never has there been such vitriol against members of their own party against each other. The Obama campaign would just have to play the soundbites and the ads put out by all of these guys and not have to say another thing or more importantly, hardly spend a dime.
  • Leo Sissy 2012/05/05 20:29:17
  • Tombo 2012/05/03 18:19:22
    Anticlimactic
    Tombo
    +3
    Newt is a very intelligent man who has some great ideas but has too much baggage to be elected president. Of course anyone would be better than Obama.

EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS:

Winning the future
  • John 2012/05/03 18:15:12
    Anticlimactic
    John
    Who really cares about Newt Gingrich? He was in the race at the behest of the party establishment to blunt any support that might have been built for Santorum or Paul. He was there to guarantee that thier message was diluted and often ridiculed to pave the way for the "Anointed One," Mitt "the Prophet" Romney.
    We now have two choices. Either a Marxist-socialist who favors Islam as a counter to Christianity, or a Progressive, Establishment, Eliteist Mormon, who believes in a religion that's a cross between Calvinism and "Lord of the Rings."
    We're are in deep trouble. Stick the fork in the USA. I think it's done.
  • John John 2012/05/03 18:22:18
  • trentinafur 2012/05/03 18:14:52
    Upsetting
    trentinafur
    +3
    As wacky as Gingrich is - he had the cojones to tell it like it is about Romney:

"Newt Gingrich Calls Romney A "Liar""

• Couri 2012/05/03 18:09:34
    Anticlimactic
    Couri
    +1
    It's going to come down to Obama and Romney. That was obvious as soon as Santorum dropped out. Now it's a waiting game for election day.
  • bob 2012/05/03 17:57:43
    Anticlimactic
    bob
    +3
    Newt a real Republican Family Values hero! Newt a real Republican Family Values hero
  • Che Guevara - Hero 2012/05/03 17:54:07
    Anticlimactic
    Che Guevara - Hero
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/05/04 23:58:18
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2

use this
  • Che Gue... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/05/05 02:48:02
    Che Guevara - Hero
    Thanks D.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/05/05 03:18:32
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Mississippi twins arrested for videoing police from their balcony

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/20...

Even al-Qaida Knows that Fox News Isn’t News
    http://www.politicususa.com/a...

A Miami Christian cult is proclaiming that the world will end on June 30. The cult is engaged in a campaign to spread the information by erecting bill boards across the United States.
    According to the Growing in Grace International ("Creciendo en Gracia"), a "transformation" will come on June 30 and all who do not belong to the group will be wiped out by a divine action. The group says only its members will survive execution of divine justice on June 30.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com...
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/05/05 03:21:06

2014/07/28 16:27:35