New York Teacher Tells Kids There Is No Santa Claus

Rusty Bubbles 2011/12/04 11:58:28
The "teacher" enjoys destroying the imagination of children
The teacher did it because ....Misery likes company

A teacher ruined Christmas for a class full of second-graders when she told them that there is no Santa Claus during a lesson about the North Pole at their Rockland County, N.Y., school.

The educator even told the youngsters, mostly 7 and 8-year-olds, that the presents under their trees were put out by their parents, and not St. Nick.

The stunning behavior caused a blizzard of outrage at the quiet George W. Miller Elementary School in Nanuet, where angry parents would like to see the teacher roasted like a chestnut over an open fire.

"If that happened to my daughter in her second-grade class ... I'd be very upset," according to 48-year-old Sean Flanagan, whose child was in second grade at the school last year. "If her brothers told her [there was no Santa], they would be punished. So I can't imagine what should happen to the teacher."

A nanny picking up a child at the school said that anyone who tells kids that Santa does not exist should get coal in their stocking.

"It's outrageous that a teacher would strip a child of their innocence and try and demystify something," 59-year-old Margaret Fernandez said.

A grandmother of a kindergartener added, "I think this is awful. If it happened to my granddaughter, I'd tell her [that] her teacher made a mistake, and there is a Santa."

The unidentified teacher reportedly made her anti-Santa comments Tuesday during a geography lesson, when students told her that they knew where the North Pole was because that is where Santa lives.

School officials would not discuss the Christmas incident or say if the teacher would face any discipline.

District Superintendent Mark McNeill released a brief statement, saying only, "This matter is being addressed internally."

• DM Twin 2011/12/04 16:26:28
    DM Twin
    +5
    FACT...Most teachers are IDIOT LOSER LIBERALS.....

FACT...Most Liberals are Godless Athiests

FACT...Godless Athiest Liberal Commies HATE Christmas because it is a celebration of the Birth of Christ who they ridicule and detest .

FACT....Teachers Unions PROMOTE the destruction of any Christian Holiday and take the Christ out of Christmas and instruct their commie minions to do the same....

FACT....Want to protest something?...Protest at Public schools to REMOVE bad teachers ,End tenure , Fire the dregs ,Promote and reward based os PERFORMANCE only.....Pay the good teachers...fire the bad teachers ......stop indoctrinating OUR CHILDREN to liberal beliefs or WE WILL...

• Dave The Canuck 2012/03/28 22:33:14
    Dave The Canuck
    If there is a God and there is Jesus, there may also be magic. So maybe Santa is real after all.
  • Awesomefurby12 2011/12/19 19:52:02
    Awesomefurby12
    I don't know what made the teacher want to tell the kids he was not real.
  • Lizzy 2011/12/11 20:32:53
    Lizzy
    +1
    I would say she`s a miserable old prune who takes delight in upsetting people + age does`nt come into it.
  • I<3HungerGames 2011/12/05 22:22:27
    I<3HungerGames
    +2
    The teacher probably had her dreams ruined as a child, and now enjoys ripping childrens hearts out and taking their imagination away.
  • Bocephus 2011/12/05 22:18:55
  • Awesome... Bocephus 2011/12/19 19:53:12
    Awesomefurby12
    +1
    I agree but its still nice to have them believe but well yeah :P
  • Herb 2011/12/05 19:23:34
    Herb
    shes right and wrong right about no santa clause but was a real saint names saint nicolas
    where santa clause came from. she is right the holiday is about the birth of Jesus and what he did on the cross. santa has takin over that. shes right to tell them.
  • Recruit 2011/12/05 01:39:24
  • Rusty B... Recruit 2011/12/05 01:42:08 (edited)
    Rusty Bubbles
    +1
    Just to set the record straight..... Uncle Sammy is not Santa and all the entitlement programs are not Christmas gifts.

Just Clarifyin'

:o)~
  • JohnJo542kgk 2011/12/04 23:18:01
    JohnJo542kgk
    Obviously that teacher is an agent of the international Communist conspiracy. Next that teacher will be telling them that Washington didn't chop down a cherry tree, Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address on the back of an envelope on his way to Gettysburg, policemen are your friends, you have rights, America is the land of the free, your vote counts, etc. God forbid! Im sorry. Santa forbid.
  • L K JohnJo5... 2011/12/06 11:41:57
    L K
    Actually Washington didn't chop down a cherry tree, but that is neither here no there. Yes, it IS amazing that Lincoln wrote one of the greatest American speeches on the back of an envelope. That was in a time when they didn't need speech writers and Presidents were bright enough to use their own words.
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com...
  • JohnJo5... L K 2011/12/08 00:25:03
    JohnJo542kgk
    +1
    My bad. I was confused by my own sarcasm. Right you are. But as I said, I don't believe that Lincoln wrote the speech on his way to Gettysburg, but that is neither here nor there. I wholeheartedly agree with you on what you said about past Presidents and their speech writing capabilities.
  • Doug King 2011/12/04 23:07:31
    Doug King
    Some people have no class, I wished they would have given her name so a whole bunch of us could spoil Christmas for her.
  • Jan 2011/12/04 21:45:51
    Jan
    +3
    I told my children that there was a Santa who had Elves to help and that there was aTooth Fairy and an Easter Bunny. I loved the excited anticipation as Christmas drew near and would happily do it all again. My children eventually told me and their father that there weren't any such beings. In fact my sons were baptized by the late Reverand Alan Christmas. So he was real and I have the baptism certificates to prove it!
  • hunter 44 Jan 2011/12/04 22:39:43
    hunter 44
    +1
    So you lied to your children and got a kick out of it and that makes it all OK.
  • Jan hunter 44 2011/12/05 09:54:14
    Jan
    +2
    As I said "They were baptized by Father Christmas - FACT". As for the rest of it I admit I lied but my children were happy and enjoyed the holidays just the same as most other children do. I make no appologies to you or anyone else for that. I still encourage little children to believe in Santa and his helpers. My sons have also encouraged the stories with our grandchildren and none of them have come to harm for it. In fact their lives are all good!
  • hunter 44 Jan 2011/12/11 19:34:26
    hunter 44
    No harm? Except when they find out the truth but by then they have learned that lieing is fine and they continue to lie. Oh wait, you already stated your children are doing just that.
  • Jan hunter 44 2011/12/11 20:19:33
    Jan
    +2
    Get a life and stop being so sanctimonious. Have you never in your life told a lie. At least the ones about Santa don't cause any harm, in fact they cause a great deal of pleasure to millions of children all over the world.
  • blindfaith Jan 2011/12/12 17:19:46
    blindfaith
    +1
    Well said Jan.
  • Jan blindfaith 2011/12/12 21:58:00
    Jan
    +1
    Thank you blindfaith. From a personal point of view Christmas has never been so good since our children stopped believing in Santa. I just love to keep the hype going for any little child. I buy them Santa Keys for hanging outside, welly footprints andf talc to put on the floor and prove he's been and even eat half of the mince pie and drink a little of the milk. I still write personal letters from Santa to my friend's children and comment on how they are doing at school and pre-school nursery. I only wish I were a man (only in December of course) so I could dress up as Santa and visit schools etc. My little next door neighbours find selection boxes from Santa on their doorsteps on Christmas morniong too. I only hope their parents don't see me dropping them off after they've gone to bed lol. I deny that it was me every time they ask but I'm fairly certain they know who it is.
  • blindfaith Jan 2011/12/12 22:05:01
    blindfaith
    +1
    Christmas has always been for the kids and that's how it should be. Charles Dickens wrote a Christmas Carol to show that it's a time of giving and fun for kids, but we have a scrooge on the site....humbug i say, lol.
  • Jan blindfaith 2011/12/12 22:23:27
    Jan
    +1
    I agree, Bah Humbug to the mean old misery guts lol. So long as we still have a childish thought to share with the little ones who cares about the Bah Humbug brigade? On a serious note I have to say please don't leave alcohol for Santa as we don't want him to fail a breath test and not be able to deliver our pressies do we?
  • blindfaith Jan 2011/12/12 22:40:45
    blindfaith
    +1
    Well as long as rudolph sticks with water, Santa can sit back and concentrate on sliding down the chimney, it's not the booze that concerns me,, it's all the mince pies, lol.
  • Jan blindfaith 2011/12/12 22:46:23
    Jan
    +1
    ha ha!!! Maybe Rudolph should eat the mince pies and leave the carrots for Santa. lol
  • blindfaith Jan 2011/12/12 23:02:56
    blindfaith
    +1
    Carrots in the brandy glass, beats those silly umbrellas on sticks i guess :>))
  • hunter 44 Jan 2011/12/18 21:17:50
    hunter 44
    Like I posted, until they learn the truth. Funny thing about lies, they seem OK and fun, at first.
  • blindfaith hunter 44 2011/12/12 17:19:05
    blindfaith
    +1
    If there is no Santa Clause.....who is this ??? The sugar plum fairy ??? fat santa
  • Jan blindfaith 2011/12/12 21:58:43
    Jan
    +1
    See, I told them there really is a Santa, and you've proved me right lol.
  • reg blindfaith 2011/12/12 22:27:03
    reg
    +1
    thats me....reading lady chaterly's lover....lol
  • blindfaith reg 2011/12/12 22:41:56
    blindfaith
    +1
    It's upside down Reg, or are you studying the pictures ??
  • reg blindfaith 2011/12/12 22:43:10
    reg
    +1
    ha ha ha.....i am trying to see what colour her knickers are....lol
  • blindfaith reg 2011/12/12 23:00:59
    blindfaith
    +1
    I thought Lady C didn't wear any, she never had the time to get them back on :>))
  • reg blindfaith 2011/12/13 12:09:32
    reg
    +1
    i bow to your expierence and knlowledge....lol
  • hunter 44 blindfaith 2011/12/18 21:20:03
    hunter 44
    That is not a who but a what. The what is a picture of a fictional character but then you think there are fairies.....
  • blindfaith hunter 44 2011/12/18 22:06:12
    blindfaith
    +1
    You presume to know what i think !! Why don't you simply get a sense of humour, or would that be fictional too.
  • reg Jan 2011/12/05 16:50:36
    reg
    +3
    i see nothing wrong with that until they get to the age when common sense appears........children are forced to grow up too fast today anyhow......
  • Jan reg 2011/12/12 22:00:19
    Jan
    +1
    Oh but isn't it sad when they tell you that they no longer believe in him Reg? A lot of the fun of Christmas fades then. :- (
  • reg Jan 2011/12/12 22:26:19
    reg
    +1
    hello jan, yes but i was only 7 when i said to my gran (who told me to put a stocking on the shelf) there si no santa gran......."mum and dads give us presents". she had no answer to that. we all grow up..sadly.... you ok?
  • Jan reg 2011/12/12 22:36:25
    Jan
    +1
    Hi Reg,
    Yes, it is sad when we find out the truth and Christmas loses all the magic. Even the story of the nativity seemed to lose a little of its magic without Santa (from a small child's point of view).
    I'm pretty exhausted with having to have Phototherapy treatment three times a week at the N & N Hospital but I'm hoping it will be worth it in the end. At least I'm getting a nice tan from it lol.
  • reg Jan 2011/12/12 22:39:14
    reg
    whats the weather like? it is raining like mad and the wind is quite high. my windows are creaking a bit when the wind hits them....hope they stay there lol

2014/11/01 04:50:13