New Campaign to get LImbaugh off the air: Do you support it?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/22 15:56:19

Rush Limbaugh has a new headache on his hands: the National
Organization for Women is launching another campaign to get him off the
air.

The advocacy group announced its renewed efforts in an initiative called "Enough Rush" on Thursday. It is planning a protest on May 18, in addition to targeting local advertisers and radio stations.

NOW president Terry O'Neill told the Daily Caller
that she expects Limbaugh to react fiercely. "He is going to be whining
and calling us out about his First Amendment rights," she predicted.

NOW has been a long-time adversary of Limbaugh, who often refers to
it as the NAGs (National Association of Gals). It is making the new push
in the wake of the firestorm surrounding Rush Limbaugh's incendiary
comments about Sandra Fluke. Limbaugh had called Fluke, a Georgetown law
student, a "prostitute" and a "slut" after she testified on the need
for birth control. More than one hundred advertisers and radio
affiliates dropped his show as a result of his remarks.

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/20/national-...

• Farnsworth 2012/04/22 15:59:55
    No, I don't support the campaign to get Rush Limbaugh off the air.
    Farnsworth
    +26
    hypocritical behavior by the NAGS, they will fail like all others have.

They just need to shave their beards, charge up their dil**'s and entertain themselves

• jdemme Bill ~P... 2012/04/25 20:13:06 (edited)
    jdemme
    She came out in support of the Affordable Care Act's provision on contraceptives. On top of that, contraceptives aren't just used for birth control. They also help with the severity of periods, mood swings, hormone releases, and so on. I don't bleed out of a vagina every month, so I'm not exactly qualified to talk about all the things that contraceptives prevent and/or lessen the effects of.

Not to mention increased contraceptive availability means less abortions...
  • bob jdemme 2012/04/23 20:09:26
    bob
    +1
    Nugent has a dick and all the poop in his pants. I guess his draft dodging days are over and Negent's a chicken hawk just like Romney and Chenney
  • conservyT 2012/04/23 15:50:55
    conservyT
    +1
    Keep Rush on the Air Waves!

National Organization for Women is a FRAUD!!!
    National Organization for Women Evil
  • bob conservyT 2012/04/23 20:10:26
    bob
    +1
    actually you should be home with your special needs child.
  • conservyT bob 2012/04/24 16:24:21
    conservyT
    May God have mercy on you.
  • Groundskeeper Willy 2012/04/23 15:42:59
    Groundskeeper Willy
    +3
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

hmmm.

Our Right to "petition and redress" is not left to the liberals. "We the People" including Mr Limbaugh have that right. The lunacy is attempts to stifle Limbaugh's speech put on full display the hypocrisy of the left.
  • Grandbr... Grounds... 2012/04/23 18:04:15
    Grandbrother
    I wasn't aware that NOW was a congressional entity.
  • Barbara... Grounds... 2012/04/27 01:51:54
    Barbara Hasler
    Every time this issue comes up, Limbaugh's listenership and sponsorship rises! What is hyprocracy is that none of the LWNJs get even a murmur for blasting Sarah Palin, but the Fluck fluke comment was momentous.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/04/23 15:40:53
  • intoler... Chris -... 2012/04/23 16:45:32
    intolerantrwj
    +1
    ..... I second that thought !
  • hasher 2012/04/23 15:37:16
    hasher
    +2
    this question is getting so old and ridiculous. for one thing limbaugh is self employed. and his show is no. 1. so the radio stations who carry his show would be crazy to even think of such a move. it aint never going to happen get over it you limbaugh haters. enough already!!! and what arent they trying to shut down someone like bill maher?? rushhas just as much right to be on the air as bill maher. its called freedom of speech!!! except thats like typical leftists they only want to shut up someone who doesnt agree with their point of views. i dont agree with bill maher but you dont see me campaigning to get him off tv. both have that freedom of speech right to be there.
  • Cidlvj4 hasher 2012/04/23 17:10:55
    Cidlvj4
    +2
    Freedom of speech does not give anyone the right to be rude and inconsiderate others. Rush is not using freedom of speech, he is ripping into whatever with what ever trash he wants to put out. If you think about it why is there law suites of defamation of charcter? when you degrade someone publicly and voice wrecklessly words that effect a persons life, it is defamation of charecter. He will go down sometime. The thing(rush) is an evil person.
  • Wayne 2012/04/23 15:15:29
    Wayne
    +2
    Americans have the right to freedom of speech period, the left can't win in the real world so they approach is to silence their opposition. What a bunch of losers! LOL! Wasting time and money for a battle they will lose.
  • Cidlvj4 Wayne 2012/04/23 21:23:49
    Cidlvj4
    There is a problem Wayne. You need to look at the real world. The republican presidential hopefull comes with a whole lot of mind changing that will cost him when he attempts to win against President Obama. Rush has no ground or defense for what he said about women and the republicans need to start concentrating on the problems and find solutions instead of playing a 1st grade blame game.
  • Wayne Cidlvj4 2012/04/24 00:16:17
    Wayne
    Tell that to Bill Mahre, Rossie Odonnel Alex Baldwin and many more your right the problem is you not thinking.
  • wysiwis 2012/04/23 15:04:23
    wysiwis
    +2
    I don't/won't support ANY campaign to get anyone off the air. I can't stand Chris Mathews, Rachael Maddow, and a host of other left wing drivel spewing id10t's, therefore, I don't watch/listen them. You don't like Rush, you have the same option. If you support a campaign to get anyone off the air, then you are no better than the communists, because YOU don't believe in freedom of speech, unless it's JUST your side's version!!!.
  • Roger47 2012/04/23 14:41:48
    Yes I support the campaign to get Rush Limbaugh off the air.
    Roger47
    +4
    Too many people believe things that are false, based on things he says. In a county where the people have the tremendous responsibility of choosing their leaders, we need the people to have an understanding of what the candidates really stand for, not what a liar convinces people they stand for. Mr. Limbaugh is such a liar, and he damages our country every time he opens his mouth.
  • Wayne Roger47 2012/04/23 15:17:27
    Wayne
    +3
    Shall we silence Obama because he to is a liar, and he damages our country every time he opens his mouth?
  • Roger47 Wayne 2012/04/23 20:39:21 (edited)
    Roger47
    How about we keep this discussion honest? President Obama is not the serial liar that Rush is. I don't know that he has never told a lie, but it is wrong to equate him with Rush.
  • Wayne Roger47 2012/04/24 00:18:04
    Wayne
    LOL! Then your obviously not paying any attention. Try checking politicfact. Look under Liar Liar pants on fire and see the truth.
  • Roger47 Wayne 2012/04/24 06:04:15
    Roger47
    Great idea! I did exactly as you said. The "Pants on Fire page had 19 entries on the first page. One was a right wing e-mail, one was Fox commentliar Napolitano, one was Obama, and all the remaining16 were Republican politicians. Newt had the lead, with 5. Mitt Wrongney had 4.
    http://www.politifact.com/tru...
  • hasher Roger47 2012/04/23 15:41:19
    hasher
    +2
    its called freedom of speech.no one is forcing anyone to listen to him if you dont like him dont listen to him. i cant stand bill maher but i dont want him off the air anymore than i would rush both have a right to be there. leftist politics lie all the time. too. just dont turn on the radio. i dont tune in to bill you dont have to tune in to rush..
    +4
    They guy is a totally unacceptable blow hard.
  • hasher sjalan 2012/04/23 15:42:54
    hasher
    +1
    so what???? so are most of the left wing talk show hosts too like bill maher. rushhas just as much of a right to be on air as does bill maher. its called freedom of speech!!! get over it if you dont like him dont listen to him its that simple.
  • Bill ~P... sjalan 2012/04/23 17:00:43
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    The only thing unacceptable is he has an opinion that you don't like. Go ahead...try and censor him. We expect nothing less from liberals.
  • sjalan Bill ~P... 2012/04/23 19:24:55
    Nope, he is a gross and vulgar individual and is the center of what is wrong with our country. He is divisive which is not what our country needs right now.
  • Bill ~P... sjalan 2012/04/23 19:44:59
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    Hmmm... I think you just described....
    bill maher
  • Bowman 2012/04/23 14:29:54
    Bowman
    +3
    Rush isn't going anywhere.
  • David 2012/04/23 14:20:40
    David
    +3
    I would not support any effort to get anyone off of the air waves. Freedom of speech is one of our most precious rights and makes America unique in the world. If people don't like what Rush says then they have a choice - DON'T LISTEN, MORONS. The real Nazi's here are the ones who want to remove him because they don't like what he says. I used to listen to Rush but eventually grew tired of his blatant one-sided view points and you know what I did? I simply listened to something else. I have pretty much grown tired of most people's one-sided view points in the overgrown political media machine we have these days.
  • intoler... David 2012/04/23 16:47:47
    intolerantrwj
    ..... great thought !
  • WilliamThomasCappsJr. 2012/04/23 14:13:51
    WilliamThomasCappsJr.
    +1
    I very seldom tune into his show. If you do not have thick skin do not get into politics. Both side pust out BS it is about power and who is gona get it
  • Ssgtwaldo 2012/04/23 14:13:48
    Ssgtwaldo
  • tom C 2012/04/23 14:09:04 (edited)
    tom  C
    +4
    Ok ...so some folks dont like what Rush has to say.....

He has the right to speak his mind....you dont have to listen if you dont want to hear what he has to say.....

I don't like watching Rachel Maddow....so I don't ...I turn the channel..

I dont like watching Bill Maher ...so I change the channel...

All these folks are very opinonated and somestimes disgusting in what they say...

but in america ..we have the freedom...to change the channel...

Let Ratings and advertising money guide who survives..If too many people dont like what someone has to say ......the ratings will show it...and they won't last..
  • carolynb 2012/04/23 13:56:25
    carolynb
    +3
    I will be happy to see him go, but I feel Rush gave more attention to the "war on women" than almost anyone else. His big mouth ended up causing more women to start paying attention to what the republican governors are trying to do to them in their states, and now they are demonstrating in almost every state.
  • lia carolynb 2012/04/23 15:00:23
    lia
    +4
    This war on women is fake, nothing but a distraction. Where's the war on unemployment?
    fake war on women
  • carolynb lia 2012/04/23 15:05:50
    carolynb
    +3
    You really havent been paying attention. Over 1100 bills in the states on womens health issues, putting government in between a doctor and patient. There is nothing fake about it, and women will win the election for Obama. Unemployment is down in almost all of the important states that will win the election also. Our unemployment is down to 7% in Texas.
  • Wayne carolynb 2012/04/23 15:21:06
    Wayne
    +1
    Most women are not as gullible as you think. Obama will lose in a landslide.
  • carolynb Wayne 2012/04/23 17:13:40
    carolynb
    +1
    look at the polls. He has Romney beat by 18 with women. Latinos by 9. Romney cant win with those numbers.
  • Wayne carolynb 2012/04/24 00:18:38
    Wayne
    LOL! Romney will win in a landslide.
  • carolynb Wayne 2012/04/24 10:55:50
    carolynb
    +1
    Ok, alright. If you say so. lol

2014/11/29 02:17:20