New Black Panther leader arrested as group sets bounty in Florida shooting - But NOT for levying a bounty

texasred 2012/03/27 03:38:21

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A high-ranking member of the New Black
Panther Party was arrested for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon,
the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.

Hashim Nzinga, 49, recently announced on CNN that his group was offering a
$10,000 reward for the capture of George Zimmerman, the man who fatally shot
17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla. CNN identified Nzinga as the chief
of staff of the New Black Panther Party.

According to a DeKalb arrest warrant,
Nzinga was in possession of an FN Herstal 5.7 x 28 handgun, which investigators
said he pawned at a shop on Rockbridge Road. That alleged transaction would be
illegal due to Nzinga’s convictions last month for felony deposit account fraud
inGwinnett County,
the DeKalb Sheriff's Office said.

Nzinga was arrested by members of the
fugitive squad at a probation office in Lawrenceville and transported to DeKalb County Jail.

The New Black Panther Party is offering
a $10,000 bounty for the capture of Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch
captain who shot and killed Martin, an unarmed teenager, last month.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a
tooth," Black Panther leader Mikhail Muhammad said Saturday at a rally in
Sanford, where Martin was killed Feb. 26, according to Fox News.

Zimmerman has claimed he shot Martin in
self-defense, but the New Black Panthers are calling for mobilization of 10,000
black men to capture Zimmerman, who has gone into hiding, the Orlando Sentinel
reported.

"He should be fearful for his
life," Muhammad said. "You can't keep killing black children."

According to the website of the Southern
Poverty Law Center, the New Black Panthers "is a virulently racist and
anti-Semitic organization whose leaders have encouraged violence against
whites, Jews and law enforcement officers."
The group was founded in
Dallas in 1989 and believes black Americans should have their own nation,
according to the SPLC.

Zimmerman shot Martin as he returned to
his father's house from a store where he had bought candy. Zimmerman told a 911
dispatcher that Martin was acting suspicious and told police that he was
attacked by Martin. Sanford police say they were advised by prosecutors that
they did not have enough evidence to charge Zimmerman.

Read More: http://www.ajc.com/news/new-black-panther-leader-1...

• HOMBRE 2012/03/27 04:06:23 (edited)
    No surprise. Most, if not all, of the NBPP are criminals.
    HOMBRE
    +7
    IM kind of surprised.I thought Holder gave them the key to break any law out there.But he still not charged for the threat of a bounty on a person not even charge yet?

• travis 2012/04/03 17:10:56
    Both of the above.
    travis
    +1
    I got a mind to load up my army buddies an our Ar15s an get rid of this racist nussence
  • texasred travis 2012/04/03 19:58:37
    texasred
    He's not worth it. He's nothing more than dog excrement on the bottom of our shoe.
  • nails 2012/03/27 21:44:16
    No surprise. Obama and Holder don't care if Blacks set bounties on non-Blacks.
    nails
    Does anybody get it YET? White man's law does not apply to the African- American.Come
    on White people,WAKE UP to reality.
  • texasred nails 2012/03/28 00:10:40
    texasred
    As far as Obama and Holder are concerned, that's exactly right.
  • nails texasred 2012/03/28 00:37:29
    nails
    +1
    Thanks for agreeing with that fact.How do you feel about the rest of the african-American
    population.I don't think the two mentioned are the only one's at fault?
  • texasred nails 2012/03/28 00:51:19 (edited)
    texasred
    +1
    I think it pretty much runs along political lines, rather than racial lines. If it's Libs... (not all, but most) they want to give Blacks a pass. That's one of the ways they keep so many Blacks voting for them. Conservatives (again, not all, but most) really do seem to believe the laws apply equally to both Whites and Blacks. That's one of the reasons I love Allen West, Star Parker, Lloyd Marcus and so many other Conservative Blacks. Like Martin Luther King... they want equality... nothing more and nothing less.
  • Darkitec 2012/03/27 13:24:33
    Darkitec
    +2
    Everyone knows that Liberals don't have to follow the rules that they want everyone else to follow. It wouldn't surprise me in the least when the charges against this person are dropped because some lawyer will claim that following through would be considered racist.
  • texasred Darkitec 2012/03/27 19:56:23
    texasred
    What concerns me is that if the investigation really does find Zimmerman innocent, what is going to happen to him? We've got a lot of vigilantes out there that want him dead, no matter what.
  • Richard Hungwell AKA Relent... 2012/03/27 09:51:04
    Both of the above.
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +2
    They probably arrested him for the weapons charge because it will be easier to prosecute.
  • texasred Richard... 2012/03/27 19:56:42
    texasred
    +1
    That's a thought.
  • Richard... texasred 2012/03/28 07:52:17
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +1
    it's just the first thing that comes to mind when I read the story. It may or may not be the case, but it seems like a possibility. The laws regarding the weapons charge are probably a little more straight forward.
    +3
    nuff said
  • texasred Lady Wh... 2012/03/27 19:58:29
    texasred
    +1
    They're definitely a far cry from the "Guardian Angels." nyc guardian angels
  • Brian Tristan MacQuillan 2012/03/27 06:48:15
    Both of the above.
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +2
    The hoopla surrounding this incident is like the movie "A Time To Kill", but flipped.

What I want to know is, now that they have all these professional trouble makers in Florida, to politicize the incident to gain some traction against the Castle Doctrine, who is going to be responsible when someone gets hurt or worse? Obama? Jackson? Sharpton? The New Black Panther Party?
  • texasred Brian T... 2012/03/27 20:02:05
    texasred
    +1
    None of those people will be considered responsible, even though they would be. They'll probably blame Conservatives. They always do.

I've noticed that no one has mentioned that George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat.
    http://freebeacon.com/registe...
  • Brian T... texasred 2012/03/28 04:49:16
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    George Zimmerman being a Democrat is immaterial, just like him being half "hispanic" is immaterial. If he was a Republican, then maybe that might be mentioned. If he was... wait for it... a Tea Party supporter, then that would merit its very own story, "Hate Groups: The Klan, The Nazis, and The Tea Party" tonight on MSNBC. What we are suppose to know about Zimmerman is, he is white, and he is angry, and of course because of his white angriness he had a gun, and because he was white, angry, and had a gun, he mowed down an innocent person of color, with Skittles® in his pocket in, cold blood.

Naturally what is good for the goose, is good for the gander, and now unflattering things about Martin are coming to light, and the Martin people are having fits. But the big story, really is, the continued use of a picture of Martin "the little boy" that is years old (significant for a 17 year old), and a mugshot picture of Zimmerman "the previous offender" (also years old, but he looks angry in it, so perfect). The pictures used basically tells the whole story about the media coverage, and it has been a bunch of crap. I was not there so I can not say what happened, but neither were they, the media constructed a narrative on a few pieces of information. Shameful!

None of this really d...

None of this really does anything legally, as the laws of the State of Florida are what are going to have to be followed, even if this gets kicked from Sanford, to the State. And the decision on what to do is going to be based on evidence, not emotion. Furthermore, the onus is on the prosecutors, because in Florida a person has a right to defend himself, or herself with lethal force if the situation warrants it. The onus is not on Zimmerman to prove his innocence like in states that do not have the Castle Doctrine, where a shoter has to demonstrate they retreated.

Indeed if someone is hurt, or worse, in the emotional mele the activists, the protestors, the race baiters, and the hate group have stirred up, none of them will take any blame, it will be someone else's fault. Gun-rights people, conservatives, hell even public safety officials will be blamed. It is never their fault, it is always someone else's fault.

From top to bottom the circus surrounding this incident is stupidity on parade, and considering heightened emotions is what is being blamed (and that may indeed be true) for the death of Martin, you would think people would refrain from doing that, and let cool heads prevail.
  • texasred Brian T... 2012/03/28 18:36:11
    texasred
    You know that him being a Democrat and a Hispanic means absolutely nothing. I know that and the majority of Conservatives know that. Unfortunately, the far left ignores anything that doesn't further the division in this nation.

"Indeed if someone is hurt, or worse, in the emotional mele the activists, the protestors, the race baiters, and the hate group have stirred up, none of them will take any blame, it will be someone else's fault. Gun-rights people, conservatives, hell even public safety officials will be blamed. It is never their fault, it is always someone else's fault."

And that paragraph is the crux of the matter. No doubt in my mind that if the couple living at the address that Spike Lee tweeted (Which, in itself, is another whole different story.) is hurt because of it, they'll blame it on anyone but themselves.
  • Selketskiss 2012/03/27 05:51:34 (edited)
    Selketskiss
    +5
    All of them are racist thugs
  • texasred Selkets... 2012/03/27 20:02:45
    texasred
    +1
    But Eric Holder loves them.
  • Selkets... texasred 2012/03/27 21:20:00
    Selketskiss
    +1
    useful idiots....
  • texasred Selkets... 2012/03/28 00:12:07
    texasred
    +1
    Maybe in Holder's mind. In mine, Holder is their useful idiot.
  • Selkets... texasred 2012/03/28 00:35:21
    Selketskiss
    +1
    LOL...you are right..
  • Viet Era medic 2012/03/27 05:43:37
    Both of the above.
    Viet Era medic
    +3
    they should be arrested for setting a bounty also.
    That is illegal.
  • STEELAN... Viet Er... 2012/03/27 12:21:36
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    +3
    They should re-open Alcatraz for scum like this.
  • Viet Er... STEELAN... 2012/03/27 15:06:41
    Viet Era medic
    +2
    that's right, they should. But what they do, because of being overcrowded, they let out thousands every year, EARLY, just because of overcrowding... How many make it back? I think I heard it said about 80-85% make it back within six months...
  • Nina Viet Er... 2012/03/27 16:05:38
    Nina
    +3
    I wonder what would happen if it were the KKK putting a bounty on a black man!
  • texasred Nina 2012/03/27 20:04:21
    texasred
    +1
    You know what would happen. Total outrage, charges brought against them, etc. Which is what should be done for both the KKK and the NBPP.
  • Viet Er... Nina 2012/03/28 00:57:35
    Viet Era medic
    +2
    the fit would hit the shan.... totally.
  • texasred Viet Er... 2012/03/28 01:02:35
    texasred
    +2
    You know it.
  • Viet Er... texasred 2012/03/28 01:05:06
  • texasred Viet Er... 2012/03/27 20:03:27
    texasred
    +1
    That's what I thought. But I guess Eric Holder is taking care of them.
  • Viet Er... texasred 2012/03/28 00:59:13
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    yep. And now they want to allow convicted and released felons the right to vote... there was talk about it a while back but I don't know how far it went and i don't know if it was just a crock being talked about to stir the pot...
  • texasred Viet Er... 2012/03/28 01:04:29
    texasred
    +1
    I'm sorry... even if you've served your time, as a felon you have relinquished your right to vote. Not you, of course... actual felons.
  • Viet Er... texasred 2012/03/28 01:06:50
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    well I hope that is still the case, but like I said, I heard talk about it..
    that would be terrible. That's right. once you get convicted you're supposed to lose your right to vote... I'll go and search to see if it changed. God I hope not. Cause TexasRed, you know how they would vote don't you?
  • texasred Viet Er... 2012/03/28 01:11:40
    texasred
    +1
    You didn't just hear talk about it. At one point, there was a plan to enact a law. You're right on. What we have to do is keep it in our sights and not allow it to happen. And I know exactly how convicted felons would vote. They're convicted felons!! That says it all!!
  • Viet Er... texasred 2012/03/28 01:17:54
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    Answer:
    Approved, yes, found it to be so in Colorado, the first state I clicked on after typing the question..

Yes, if they have completely served their sentence, including parole. http://www.elections.colorado...
  • texasred Viet Er... 2012/03/28 18:40:22
    texasred
    +1
    Yep... you're right.

felon
  • Viet Er... texasred 2012/03/28 21:18:19
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    f_ck huh....?
  • texasred Viet Er... 2012/03/28 21:24:27
    texasred
    +1
    I had no idea.
  • Viet Er... texasred 2012/03/28 01:18:42
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    isn't that a kick in the teeth huh? I bet other states have followed suit. Kinda makes you want to puke.

2014/07/23 08:13:47