NC: Romney has 18-point Lead on Economy

Evil 1 2012/09/03 23:35:50

Ahead of the DNC gathering in Charlotte, a number of organizations are out today with new polls on the race in North Carolina. PPP has the race in the Tarheel State tied, although they use a D+13 sample to get there. High Point University uses a D+8 sample and shows Romney with a 3 point lead. Elon University and the Charlotte Observer have a poll with a D+6 sample and show Romney with a 4 point lead. Do you sense a pattern here?

The most interesting finding is in the Elon University poll. The poll was conducted from over 1,000 likely voters. Almost half, 48%, named the "economy and jobs" as the most important issue this November. Among those likely voters, Mitt Romney has a massive 18 point edge over Obama, leading 55-37. Among all voters Romney leads by 13 on the question of which candidate would better handle the economy.

Read More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/03...

• Rebel [SHP] 2012/09/04 03:51:39
    Rebel [SHP]
    +1
    Only 18 points? Oh well by the end of the DNC Convention and all of it's wasteful spending it'll be 50 lol.
  • Mr. T 2012/09/04 00:40:05
    Mr. T
    +1
    The fact he doesn't have at least a 90 point lead, at least on the economy, surprises me.
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/09/04 00:37:15
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    He may get a jump after the convention, but unless something big happens, I would expect that Obama's numbers would continue to trend down.
  • flaca BN-0 2012/09/03 23:38:08
    flaca BN-0
    and to think... he hasn't specified how he's gonna fix it. Tell you much about the electorate?
  • Evil 1 flaca BN-0 2012/09/03 23:49:42
    Evil 1
    +1
    It tells me that they have no confidence in him based on his four year track record.
  • flaca BN-0 Evil 1 2012/09/03 23:54:21
    flaca BN-0
    what taking an economy in free-fall losing 800K jobs a month into one that is now stable creating jobs slightly? You think fixing the 2008 debacle should have been done overnight? Have you researched recessions? What I want to know is how is Romney going to fix it? And if he knows how to fix it, why hasn't he told Obama what the magic cure is? Because he doesn't care about America, or because he wants to save it for himself, regardless of how many are struggling right now? What will he do? Stimulate the economy (repubs hate that) or drop the corporate tax rate to 20%? He could do the latter, but since major corps don't pay the true corporate tax rate anyway, how will that make any difference.

What do you think Romney is going to do to create all these jobs? I'm all ears.
    I hope you can respond. Because so far, Romney HAS NOT specified how.
    Where's the meat?????
  • Evil 1 flaca BN-0 2012/09/04 14:06:44 (edited)
    Evil 1
    Romney had to wait for the nomination. Now the so called meat as you put it will be announced. And you can try to defend Obama's failure with all the skewed numbers you want but it doesn't work. The proof is in the unemployment rate (8.3%) and the number of weekly jobless claims. Couple this with all his failed policies and the increase in the debt and deficit and their is no viable, factual or worthwhile defense for his actions. Unless of course you refuse to look at the real facts and are just trying to cover for his miserable performance.

As for how Romney is going to fix it. I will wait to hear what he has to say before passing judgement. But I know for sure that I will not waste my vote on Obama who has had four years to fix the problems and and done nothing but make things worse. And where is his plan? He refuses to address the issues that are important and continues to whine about tax returns. Time for him to address the real issues. But when you are a complete failure and cannot prove you have done any good since taking office it explains why he would avoid the issues.
  • tommyg ... flaca BN-0 2012/09/04 00:34:59
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    I thought the same thing 4 years ago. Didn't you?

2014/07/23 10:02:04