“National Defense Resources Preparedness” executive order: Power grab or mere update?

Jackie G - Poker Playing Patriot 2012/03/18 19:05:48
The article shows it is an update, I think.............
Forget the article, it is a power grab and I think............
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/18/national-defense-resour...

This is a good comparison of existing orders and the update to look at for understanding.

The article concludes: "Again, this is nothing new or outside of existing statutory authority — and the EO makes that clear by explicitly citing that authority. All this does is delegate the authority for these actions to the Cabinet officials. This again is nothing new, just a delegation of existing authority.

• Striker 2012/03/18 21:15:48 (edited)
    Striker
    +9
    Perhaps clarifying powers already far beyond the pale. Just getting the ducks in a row.

It' always happens when People allow themselves to be GOVERNed. Then there are revolutions to replace one Ruler with another. Nothing really changes. Meanwhile there are lots of dead people. Some call it population control?

• nothingbutthetruth 2012/03/20 08:43:09
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    It's a drill!(:
  • Jackie ... nothing... 2012/03/20 14:21:01
    +1
    Maybe, it is an update to be sure.
  • nothing... Jackie ... 2012/03/21 03:12:04
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    Maybe(:
  • Freight85 2012/03/20 03:52:26
    Freight85
    +1
    Here we go again... The ink isn't even dry from the NDAA. Well, what O-FUHRER wants Ofuhrer gets. I hope selling your soul to Lucifer oops, excuse me. "The globalists" was worth it. However, after this world "THE JUDGEMENT".
  • Jackie ... Freight85 2012/03/20 14:22:06 (edited)
    It is just an update of already existing 'law' - I think the mistrust of Obama and his administration have caused many to think it is new - it isn't
  • Freight85 Jackie ... 2012/03/20 17:59:25 (edited)
    Freight85
    Oh, and that's supposed to be okay? Because its just an up date of an existing law. Really, I believe the other law didn't take into [peace time/state of emergency] martial law as this one does.

Let's play a game: call me seargeant "Whatever" under authority of the President. I've just passed your nice house in my tank and decided that I need to come in your house and take (whatever) I need for National Defense of course. If you get smart with me or fuss, I now become seargeant "Kick Ass". I'm glad as a good American you realize that this law was on the books and is just an update. As as a military seargeant of this great country, I hate so called Americans resisting laws that have been on the books for years. It really interferes with my pilfering.
    This is communism...

For some reason your thinking on this subject draws a striking resemblance to the history of the "Dodo" bird.
  • Jackie ... Freight85 2012/03/20 23:57:53
    Just giving facts - like it or don't - it is what it is
  • Freight85 Jackie ... 2012/03/21 19:25:24
    Freight85
    Enjoy...
  • Batman 2012/03/20 01:28:45
    Batman
    +1
    I believe McCain would have issued the same EO if he won the 2008 presidental bid.

whether it's nothing new or just another attack from the shadow government on the citizens is up for debate. but it certainly doesn't help Obama in an election year. politically speaking, this is as bad for him as Elian Gonzales INS assault weapon kidnapping photo was for Al Gore.
  • Jackie ... Batman 2012/03/20 14:22:26
    +1
  • Batman Jackie ... 2012/03/20 15:04:26
    Batman
    +1
    sounds plausible with one curious note.

why does a law from 1950 need updating? Is it updating....or expanding.
  • Jackie ... Batman 2012/03/20 15:08:42
    +1
    It is a 'law' in quotes. It has always been an EO and been updated by nearly every president that I can find - I suspect it has something to do with the 'life' of and EO and the changing names of departments. At any rate, there are no changes that make a hill of beans in this one vs. Bush and prior presidents.
  • Batman Jackie ... 2012/03/20 15:43:11
    Batman
    +1
    that sounds plausible and I'll agree this EO would have happened whether McCain won in 2008.

but...

it states the US can restrict the movements of people as it sees fit, including walking.

this was true in 1950?
  • Jackie ... Batman 2012/03/20 23:58:54
    +1
    Dunno, and too lazy to day to go and research but let me know if you do!
  • jr 2012/03/20 00:45:47
    jr
    +2
    It is just an update. It was done on a Friday which is usually document dump day to avoid media attention. I think coming out on Friday was inadvertent The attention given to this reveals a lot of people are deeply suspicious of Obama's Presidency
  • Jackie ... jr 2012/03/20 00:50:56
    +2
    I agree, I wanted to post it so others could see it was just an update because so many were getting frantic. I agree that folks do not trust this administration.
  • mich52 2012/03/19 23:10:48
  • Jackie ... mich52 2012/03/19 23:17:44
    +2
    What the hell are you talking about? This post gives all the information including that it is simply an update. Have you thought about reading it before you comment.
  • mich52 Jackie ... 2012/03/20 00:14:46
  • Jackie ... mich52 2012/03/20 00:15:54
    +1
    So is this one - damn your far lefties are as much rock heads as the far right
    +1
    This is nothing more than updating existing law or EO's that were written by everyone since FDR, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan (the big one on this subject since it falls under the REX84 Program), Clinton and Both Bush's (of which Bush II updated the REX84 program to an out of the control of the Congress to a pair of Executive Orders #'s NSDP51 and HSDP20 in May of 2007)

The modifications are not significant enough to warrant any real concern.
  • mich52 sjalan 2012/03/19 23:12:30
  • Jackie ... mich52 2012/03/19 23:18:53
    +1
    For what - posting a truthful article that says it is an update - you prefer lies???
  • mich52 Jackie ... 2012/03/20 00:16:52
  • Jackie ... mich52 2012/03/20 00:19:42
    +1
    Jesus H Christ - you cannot read. It says just above on the face of this poll:

"The article concludes: "Again, this is nothing new or outside of existing statutory authority — and the EO makes that clear by explicitly citing that authority. All this does is delegate the authority for these actions to the Cabinet officials. This again is nothing new, just a delegation of existing authority."

Go away, you have lost all credibility you ever had with me -
  • mich52 Jackie ... 2012/03/20 00:32:06
  • Jackie ... mich52 2012/03/20 00:39:03
    Typical - never admit a mistake, good job
  • sjalan mich52 2012/03/19 23:20:53
    Yep they sure do.
  • Jackie ... sjalan 2012/03/19 23:23:11
    +1
    By God, you guys make if freaking hard to even attempt to post an honest review - can you stop the hate and read a poll before condemning it or is that out of the question?
  • Jackie ... sjalan 2012/03/19 23:18:19
    +1
    Yes, that is what this post said but in stronger language. Do you read these or just comment
  • Elaine Magliacane 2012/03/19 19:12:28 (edited)
    Elaine Magliacane
    +3
    Sad isn't it... that we DISTRUST this CORRUPT administration so much, that every thing they do raises red flags... even when they probably (maybe, hopefully) didn't mean it that way at all.
    ControlFreak
  • sjalan Elaine ... 2012/03/19 23:22:11
    I didn't and still will not trust ANY Republican in the office of the President of the United States because of their continued move toward full and complete religious fascism and subservience to Corporatism.
  • Jackie ... sjalan 2012/03/19 23:26:36 (edited)
    Fine, do your own poll about it and get the hell off mine - you want to spew your bile unrelated to what I posted. Just go away or I will block - have no time for this now
  • sjalan Jackie ... 2012/03/19 23:40:08
    +1
    Read my entire answer before you act Jackie or you will be guilty of what you accuse me of doing, which I did not do.

Jackie, I really have a problem with your attitude. Block me if you want, but I answered and expanded the real intent of the language of the EO with more history on the subject from another EO that is the same but even more dangerous than the one you posted. FULL INFORMATION is vital to all who would want to comment on these types of subjects.

My response to Elaine was to counter her assumption that the soures of these EO's is with our current President, They are NOT. These EO's are the end product of decades of manipulation by the various administrations to make the use of the EO more important that existing law.

What is even scarier is that these EO's are then silently incorporated into laws in a side step motion that is slowly tearing our country apart.

If you think I did this to detract from your blog/poll you are sadly mistaken.
  • Jackie ... sjalan 2012/03/19 23:46:25
    Yeah, I can tell from your comments above.

You did not bother to read the post which clearly says it is an update not a power grab. You are too damned busy living in the past and wanting desperately to make it about republicans.

I do not give a rat's ass if you have a problem with my attitude - don't come to my stuff. I post facts and I realize that is hard to swallow for most - I will continue to do so - just stay away and you will not have to deal with my attitude.

Deal? Deal!
  • sjalan Jackie ... 2012/03/19 23:54:05
    Jackie, I really don't get why you are upset. I made a full disclosure of the REAL FACTS behind this and ADDED TO your statement and in no way detracted from your statements.

Further, I DIDN'T MAKE THIS ABOUT POLITICS, Elaine did that the instant she used her graphics and attacked the adminstration. I didn't see you single her out for chastizement Nor have you chastized Demonic Rat Hunter for his blatant attacks on our current President and adminitration.

Seems you have an anger problem that is based in falsehoods and been misled by far more evil a group than I support.

And you do know that if you block me, you will join a group of about 35 others that can't handle the reality of our world.

Bye.
  • Jackie ... sjalan 2012/03/20 00:11:37
  • Jackie ... Elaine ... 2012/03/19 23:48:54
    +1
    Elaine, it is just an update of already existing 'law' - I think the mistrust of Obama and his administration have caused many to think it is new - it isn't
  • Andy 2012/03/19 17:38:11
    Andy
    +1
    When was the last time a Politician did something that didn't benefit them with either power or money???
  • Jackie ... Andy 2012/03/19 23:49:41
    +1
    it is just an update of already existing 'law' - I think the mistrust of Obama and his administration have caused many to think it is new - it isn't

2014/08/21 22:00:24