Napolitano Doesn't Know If Touted Weapon Seizures Include Guns from Fast and Furious?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/07/27 11:42:23

“This decrease in apprehensions of those seeking to enter the country illegally, one of the best indicators of illegal immigration attempts, is combined with increased seizures in drugs, weapons, cash and contraband,” said Secretary Napolitano.

Congressman Chaffetz contested that boast with a pointed question.

“The president, yourself, the attorney general have all said that the Southwest border is more secure than it has ever been before,” Mr. Chaffetz said. “In Operation Fast and Furious, the government purposely allowed nearly 2,000 weapons to get into the hands of the drug cartels. How many of those weapons were detained at the border? Any?”

Secretary Napolitano simply replied, “I couldn’t answer that.”

“My understanding is that there hasn't been one single gun from Operation Fast and Furious apprehended by the Homeland Security or any other law enforcement," stated Chaffetz, "other than the two weapons that were found at the scene at the death of Brian Terry. Is there – am I wrong in that?”

Napolitano responded, “I just can’t answer that. I don’t know.”

Read More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/26...

+3
    Hmm ...

Let's put on a bit of the thinking cap here .. and take a critical look at this quote of Napolitano .. (in response to the question .. are any of those guns from Fast/Furious)

"I couldn't answer that"
    "I just can't answer that. I don't know" ..

Hmm ...
    Mighty suspicious indeed ..
    how convenient that they can't all of a sudden track those specific serial numbers to specific events/operations of their own doing ..
    (and how convenient those stats are not being kept too .. )

Wouldn't it be nice to see Janet's office served with the legal papers to COUGH UP those detailed records of weapons seizures and then cross check against Fast/Furious weapons too?

• santa6642 2012/07/27 13:26:58
    santa6642
    +1
    What do you expect from someone who is brain dead.
  • Andy 2012/07/27 12:45:04
    Andy
    +1
    I think she would know... just cant say to protect NOBAMA
  • Jeff Smith 2012/07/27 12:29:31
    Jeff Smith
    +2
    I wouldn't be surprised if that drugged out bitch can remember what day it is
  • Bill G53 ~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/27 12:12:27
    Bill G53  ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    She knows.... she's just covering her ass. She has a lot to cover.
  • Dale 2012/07/27 11:55:31
    Dale
    +2
    "...I don't know." I-don't-freckin'-know!! DHS Secretary Napolitano does not know..?! AG Holder won't say..!! White House says "We know nothing." WTF are we paying these people to do?? Sit on their collective dead arse's and.., and.., and..?
    +3
    Hmm ...

"I couldn't answer that"

Hmm ...
    Mighty suspicious indeed ..

2014/07/23 09:57:08