NAACP Shows True Colors Against Only Black US Senator. Hmmmm I wonder why? Got any ideas?

Drue-AFCL 2012/12/19 00:13:56

• The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/12/19 00:28:43
    I really have no clue???
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +12
    Tim Scott and the NACCP doesn't see policy eye to eye. I wonder if they realize that in a democracy one organization doesn't get to entirely have it's way. Unless the NAACP is changing what it's letters mean to:

National
    Association for the
    Advancement of
    Certain
    Policies

Because he's a . . . . . . Conservative?!
    +1
    Because they are (gasp) holding a vast core of pre-judging in their organization in the first place?
  • Mopheadmusic2000 2012/12/23 02:20:10
    Mopheadmusic2000
    +2
    If more black people had leadership that would represent the facts, then the NAACP and Sharpton, Jackson, Jackson-Lee, Waters, Black Panthers, Farrakhan, Wright, and others would be put out of "business." It's a shame (and a sham) that black people are "represented" by such charlatans. There are MANY black leaders who represent the best interests of black Americans who never get the opportunity because of frauds like those mentioned.
  • bigfoot 2012/12/21 00:34:06 (edited)
    bigfoot
    +2
    YES!YES! Can you hear me now?Thats all I need to know.He stands with the bigots and all their policies intended to destroy the middle class.And create a rich and working poor nation.The One thing about Ignorance and Stupidity,its color blind.
  • Jensenmk 2012/12/20 21:57:31
    Jensenmk
    +2
    Typical ignorance.
  • silentart 2012/12/20 20:11:08
    I really have no clue???
    silentart
    +2
    NAACPP sometime scare me because they did not play fairness and demand too much. NAACP should change their attitudes...
  • Drue-AFCL silentart 2012/12/21 00:33:43
    Drue-AFCL
    +2
    or their name
  • silentart Drue-AFCL 2012/12/24 21:05:38
    silentart
    +1
    Yes... or strong word, YEAH!
  • This is W³ 2012/12/20 07:36:39
    Some other reason
    This is W³
    +1
    I had the opportunity to meet Tim Scott back in 2006 when he was a state Representative for Charleston County, SC. He seemed like a good guy and I even got to shake his hand after our talk. As the US Congressman for SC's first congressional district, he did a lot of positive things for the Lowcountry and Grand Strand of SC. I don't agree with a majority of his talking points, but I believe he will be a better senator for the state than the clown that he is replacing.
  • Jenn 2012/12/20 05:40:10 (edited)
    Jenn
    +2
    I think he's going to do a great job as senator, and he stands for all the right things..I'm glad he got that seat. We need more like him..
  • Mo 2012/12/19 22:44:32
    Mo
    +2
    Nothing about the NAACP lives up to its quaint sounding name. I'd also say that if that was really what the group was still promoting, "colored people" have advanced significantly. Maybe they should disband or rename themselves.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/12/19 20:30:54
    Some other reason
    Swampdog PWCM
    +3
    Conservative that escaped from the plantation, made it on his own and holds his race to a higher standard than the black bigots in the NAACP!
  • mich52 2012/12/19 20:07:56
  • Drue-AFCL mich52 2012/12/19 20:15:22
    Drue-AFCL
    +3
    How sexist and racist of you. Not to mention intolerant! The Naacp should change their name to include that you must be a liberal person of color!
  • mich52 Drue-AFCL 2012/12/19 20:58:28
  • MsTlynne mich52 2012/12/20 16:05:56
    MsTlynne
    +1
    Not backward...more like stupid. How dumb does he/she have to be to infer sexism and racism from what you said?
  • mich52 MsTlynne 2012/12/20 17:49:33
  • MsTlynne mich52 2012/12/20 21:56:08
    MsTlynne
    +1
    You're welcome.
  • SIMPATTYCO 2012/12/19 20:03:40
    SIMPATTYCO
    +4
    You can't take power away from those "REVERENDS" how can they SHAKE US DOWN?STRONG ARM? Gotta keep all the blacks down on the Liberal Plantation. Too many smart ones jumping ship ....
  • Rude&Reckless 2012/12/19 18:55:04 (edited)
    Rude&Reckless
    +2
    It's sad to me that there's so many double standards and political motivators behind racial equality movements. There's so few non-profit organizations based simply upon love for your fellow man nowadays. Most seem to have some sort of hidden agenda.
  • Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning 2012/12/19 18:43:28
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    +3
    Because he stands for individual responsibility instead of a free ride.
  • frank 2012/12/19 18:22:05
    frank
    +4
    I'll just leave my answer as is. There is nothing more to add.
  • ally 2012/12/19 17:58:57 (edited)
    ally
    +3
    He's a tea partier. He doesn't believe in the "advancement" of those who are poor and middle class.
  • hiram 2012/12/19 17:38:59 (edited)
  • Drue-AFCL hiram 2012/12/19 17:55:22
  • Tom Trojan 2012/12/19 16:42:19
    Some other reason
    Tom Trojan
    +4
    Because the NAACP is a racist organization..... they only see people by color, and not content of character.
  • ProudProgressive 2012/12/19 16:25:02
    Some other reason
    ProudProgressive
    +3
    The NAACP is not disapproving of Scott because of his skin color. He is a far right Tea Partier who is anti-choice, anti-gun control, homophobic, a religious extremist, wants to cut food stamps, supports union busting "right to work for pennies your entire life" laws, and generally supports every position that deprives individuals of their constitutional rights. The NAACP would oppose him whether he was white, black or purple.

Why is it that the Right Wing has to make EVERYTHING about race?
  • Drue-AFCL ProudPr... 2012/12/19 17:40:45 (edited)
    Drue-AFCL
    +5
    The Organization by their own definition is. . . . . .
    NAACP= National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. So that being said. . . they should either change their name or get with the program. Sen. Scott is a person of color and he has truly advanced. they should be proud of that, but because he does not fit into their scripted mold. . . they don't. Seems a bit discriminitory if you ask me.
  • ProudPr... Drue-AFCL 2012/12/19 18:06:27
    ProudProgressive
    +3
    Even if we were to suppose that the NAACP's position on every issue is based solely on "what's best for black people" (which I don't believe is the case), the fact remains that they are not opposed to Scott because of his skin color, but because his positions on numerous issues are clearly not "what's best for black people". For instance, his strong anti-abortion stance, his push to cut funding for food stamps and other aid to the extremely poor, etc. If a white politician had the same positions on the same issues (like, say Jim DeMint) the NAACP would be just as opposed to them. You're welcome to believe that the NAACP is racially discriminatory overall, though I disagree, but to assert that they are opposed to Scott because he's a black man with unpopular positions rather than just because he's a man with unpopular positions doesn't seem to have any basis.
  • Drue-AFCL ProudPr... 2012/12/19 18:11:50
    Drue-AFCL
    +2
    Well apparently it worked out very nicely for him without their help Good for him.
  • yogiOK ProudPr... 2012/12/20 20:31:01
    yogiOK
    +1
    His positions are very laudable, and I am proud that he is taking a stand for what is Biblically and morally correct. A believer cannot believe as the Progressives do.
  • Swampdo... ProudPr... 2012/12/19 20:39:42
    Swampdog PWCM
    +3
    Because that's all the democrats/ leftists are about.
  • Magus BN-0 2012/12/19 16:17:00
    Magus BN-0
    +2
    And why is it supposed to be a bad thing to oppose a rightwing Tea Party fanatic?
  • micha77 2012/12/19 16:12:23
    micha77
    +4
    He is an enemy to liberals who make their living as race hustlers. TIm Scott is another win in the good guys column. The battle continues.
  • yogiOK 2012/12/19 16:02:49
    yogiOK
    +1
    I don't believe in the existence of the NAACP, but rather would support any organization that advocates equally for all citizens of the country. Equality in ALL directions, and such an organization as this actually PROMOTES separatism, rather than unification of people.
  • ProudPr... yogiOK 2012/12/19 16:26:34
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    The NAACP does promote equality. They oppose Tim Scott because he doesn't, not because of his skin color. Skin color seems to be a factor only for the Right Wing.
  • Swampdo... ProudPr... 2012/12/19 20:44:18
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    NAACP promotes one race over ALL OTHERS, through affirmative action, college grants and a host of other programs, because they see them selves as victims instead of individuals capable of being in control of their lives. If that isn't racist bigotry I don't know what is!
  • yogiOK ProudPr... 2012/12/20 20:33:16
    yogiOK
    +1
    Okay, I must confess that I don't know much about the guy, but I do see that the existence of the NAACP does indeed promote separatism, and call to bring too much attention to race and skin color.
  • Racefish 2012/12/19 15:28:10
    Racefish
    +3
    I knew this would happen. He isn't one of the field hands any more. The way these people treat success is to castigate the successful.
  • Don 2012/12/19 14:34:19
    Don
    +3
    He's not down with the cause as they say.
    NACCP stopped being about equal rights decades ago.
    Now they're just another black racist group. They aren't interested in equality - they want better than status.
  • Phyllis Murphy 2012/12/19 13:36:45
    Phyllis Murphy
    +1
    I say because he is a conservative but further comment, that for too many generations lower income juveniles who make up a large percentage of illiteracy in America thought of it as a status symbol to denigrate their own who strived to raise themselves up and stay in school. America is on its 5th generation of youth dropping out of school, teen girls beinging impregnated by thoughtless teen boys and then accepting no responsibility for the child. This fine man rose above poverty and even though his mother was a single parent, she set high values for her children. She did not allow blaming and I think this man has great potential and may be president someday. Party politics need to be tossed out and a Parlimentarian government formed knocking these life time politicians whose goal is to gather all the wealth and retirement during their self serving career supported by taxpayers.

2014/09/01 07:44:44