“My first choice had always been my father. I campaigned for him when I was 11-years-old. He’s still my first pick, but now that the nominating process is over, tonight I’m happy to announce that I’m going to be supporting Gov. Mitt Romney.”

tncdel 2012/06/09 00:19:31
See full report on Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitt Romney here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/what-rand-pa...

• cm 2012/06/09 00:25:58
    Comment as you wish.
    cm
    +7
    That pretty much confirms Ron Paul will not run as 3rd party. I'm a Paul supporter but it's more important to defeat Obama than vote for my desired candidate.

• Striker 2012/06/15 23:58:45
    Comment as you wish.
    Striker
    The nomination process is "over"? Haven't heard that. August is when we will see.
  • Arizona1950 2012/06/09 08:03:32
    Comment as you wish.
    Arizona1950
    +5
    Well I hope Rand was offered a great deal for this ... as I doubt he will win his senate seat the next time around. He has gone the way of Col. Allen West and Marco Rubio ... just another NeoCon.

So to those who are disgusted to the point that you would rather stay home, I say get out and vote your choice … by voting as a write-in you help me and others say, “I did not like any of your candidates”. Be aware the DNC/RNC or DEM/GOP Progressive Party will throw away your write-in choice but someday they will be held accountable for their roll in legitimizing the theft of what once was freedom of choice. How can they or anyone continue to claim that the people have a choice and our vote counts on the national level.

Time to start getting some new blood and get involved locally.

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. " ~ Mark Twain
  • Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/09 04:56:44 (edited)
    Comment as you wish.
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    Rand Paul sold out to the same interests he claims to oppose. Pure and simple.
    He says he's against the fed - Romney declared he wants the fed to remain independent.
    He says he's against bilderberg - Romney attended on Thursday last week.

Its just a shame.

• Kane Fernau 2012/06/09 03:58:40
    Comment as you wish.
    Kane Fernau
    +2
    Rand has a long career ahead of him.
  • Striker Kane Fe... 2012/06/13 03:47:30
    Striker
    did have, until this
  • Kane Fe... Striker 2012/06/13 18:15:02 (edited)
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    LOL! He'll do great things in the future.
  • Striker Kane Fe... 2012/06/13 18:26:52
    Striker
    Not if I have anything to say about it!
  • Kane Fe... Striker 2012/06/13 19:02:45
    Kane Fernau
    Do you live in Kentucky?
  • Striker Kane Fe... 2012/06/13 19:31:05
    Striker
    Nope but sure live in America, and the talk is Rand 2016.
  • Kane Fe... Striker 2012/06/13 21:58:05
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Romney will serve 8 years.
  • Striker Kane Fe... 2012/06/13 23:23:25
    Striker
    1 or 2 years, no matter who wins, then "that's all, folks"
  • Kane Fe... Striker 2012/06/14 01:34:21
    Kane Fernau
    Maybe, maybe not.
  • Striker Kane Fe... 2012/06/14 01:36:26
    Striker
    Are you ready?
  • Kane Fe... Striker 2012/06/14 03:00:13
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    A country boy will survive.
  • Striker Kane Fe... 2012/06/16 00:00:38
    Striker
    Who is going to serve after maybe 2 years when government goes bankrupt and goes out of business? Nobody.
  • Kane Fe... Striker 2012/06/16 03:12:03
    Kane Fernau
    Bankruptcy may be the only way the government can get out from under union contracts, entitlement spending and it's other debts. We loaned China money during WWII. With interest we are probably even so if we stiff them I won't feel bad.
  • Striker Kane Fe... 2012/06/16 14:17:15
    Striker
    Researching the old debts/receivables I've never done. I think there are no provisions in international law for bankruptcy of nations. We probably just say "That's all, Folks, we're broke and simply are not going to pay anymore". There will probably be some attempt to print more money and debt, which will quickly hyperinflate to nothing.

At that point there will be no government payroll, no more printing fiat money nor issuing fiat debt, if only because nobody will do the work and all fiats will be rendered worthless.

The money for "Entitlements" for SS / Gov Retirement / Gov Annuities has all been stolen and and replaced merely with fiat debt, and those of us so "entitled" will suddenly have seen their last check. That could well be the end for us when the supplies run out.

From that point on, we'll be seeing really wild panic & craziness. When virtually nobody has the means to pay utility bills, guess what happens to the utility companies! That's enuf for this comment!
  • Kane Fe... Striker 2012/06/16 16:22:12
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    Everything will be nationalized and we will be a copy of the old Soviet Union but that has been democrat's plan all along.
  • Striker Kane Fe... 2012/06/16 17:01:17
    Striker
    +1
    Yes, they are well on their way with nationalizing all. Many bad things, but the one I see as worst is total access to our bank accounts, where a mere "claim" entitles them to withdraw, without notice and probably without recourse.
  • Kane Fe... Striker 2012/06/16 17:10:01 (edited)
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    The government thinks everything belongs to the government. They will do anything to achieve their goal. The end justifies the means. Communism has ten essential planks:

Abolition of Private Property.
    Heavy Progressive Income Tax.
    Abolition of Rights of Inheritance.
    Confiscation of Property Rights.
    Central Bank.
    Government Ownership of Communication and Transportation.
    Government Ownership of Factories and Agriculture.
    Government Control of Labor.
    Corporate Farms and Regional Planning.
    Government Control of Education.
  • Alphalily 2012/06/09 01:45:11
    Comment as you wish.
    Alphalily
    +1
    Rand Paul made a very wise decision ... I think Romney will do the will of the people over the dictatorship Obama is leading us into .
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2012/06/09 00:41:57
    Comment as you wish.
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +3
    He is doing what he thinks is best for our Country,how can you be mad at that. They all know that obama has got to go.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/06/09 00:41:25
    Comment as you wish.
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    OK, if Rand Paul can support Romney, why can't RP followers?
  • Striker Gracie ... 2012/06/13 03:51:18
    Striker
    Because we must have WAY better than Romney, not more of the same. That's why. And ya know what? If the RINO party kicks Paul under the best, I'll be then working my butt off for Gary Johnson. When the train is rushing to the abyss, we need much better than this.
  • Gracie ... Striker 2012/06/13 03:56:24
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Really, you think Gary Johnson can win? You know that he can't. You really should listen to Rand. The thing is that when Rand Paul came out and supported Romney he got the most hateful messages ever, I mean death wishes! If we can't cure the disease this election you don't want any medicine at all?
  • Striker Gracie ... 2012/06/13 05:01:28 (edited)
    Striker
    Under the right circumstances, which may appear, the Libertarians and Johnson can drop the RINO Party to #3 and yes, they can win. Regardless, this election needs to be about Principle first, and by golly that's what you're going to hear from me until November. Rand Paul just showed he is totally without Principle, my bad!

We have at most a year or two before our house of cards comes crashing down, not only Amerika, but worldwide. They've been spreading the disease a long time, and now they lie and say Obama or Romney will be the answer. LOL
  • Gracie ... Striker 2012/06/13 22:09:21
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Sorry, striker, not gonna happen. You guys have yourselves convinced that it can but it's only in your minds. Don't you think that Rand Paul talked to his father about it first?

What you're saying is that you think it has to happen all at once or you don't care at all about progress. Like treating a disease, you want an immediate cure or you won't take any medicine whatsoever. It's unrealistic. Even IF Ron Paul was elected he still has Congress to work with and he hasn't had much success in Congress as a Representative. All those years and not much to show for it EXCEPT all that pork that he doesn't believe in but puts it in the bills anyway. I'm sorry, that is not my idea of a staunch libertarian.
  • Striker Gracie ... 2012/06/13 23:25:03
    Striker
    We have but one or two years, to unravel 234 years of stupidity. Figure it out.
  • Gracie ... Striker 2012/06/13 23:29:10
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    234 years? I think that's saying America sucks. You aren't trying to imply that are you?
  • Striker Gracie ... 2012/06/14 00:43:59
    Striker
    No, I'm not implying that, I am SAYING that, and not only about America, but about governments and tyrants everywhere on this planet..
  • Gracie ... Striker 2012/06/14 02:27:04
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    We've had at least 100 years of Progressivism, that's what we need to reverse.
  • Striker Gracie ... 2012/06/14 02:34:04
    Striker
    +1
    agree completely, but we don't have 100 years to do so.
  • Gracie ... Striker 2012/06/14 02:51:16
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    No, but we can't do it all in a couple of years. I'd rather turn the boat around towards the shore than help them take us further out to sea.
  • Striker Gracie ... 2012/06/16 17:32:34
    Striker
    RP follows usually have some Principle. It's so sad to see Rand Paul lose his.
  • Gracie ... Striker 2012/06/16 21:02:01 (edited)
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Let me ask you the same question that I've asked over and over and don't get a real response about. How do you reconcile the fact that Ron Paul is the king of pork, he puts massive amounts in the bills and then votes against them when he is sure it will pass? His district is one of the highest beneficiaries of federal dollars. How do you reconcile the fact that he says he's for term limits but stays in Congress for a lifetime?

I find no principle in either one of those FACTS. Yet, you quickly throw Rand Paul under the bus because he understands that his father will not be the nominee and supports the Republican nominee.

Both of these men have run, won and served as Republicans! They weren't third party, they are REPUBLICANS!
  • Striker Gracie ... 2012/06/16 22:09:21
    Striker
    First, I don't know that Ron Paul is, or is not, "the king of pork", and I don't care to spend hours hunting that down. That said, "pork" should be non-existent, period. To do something about that, one must look at the system which has been spun to permit pork, and to further be structured to permit lobbyists. That's what must end -- never should it have begun.

I really think term limits [for Congress] are the answer to nothing. Most of Congress consists of people who come enter with little experience and take years just to learn the ropes, IOW to do their job in this political environment. So about the time they learn how, they must leave? That makes no sense to me. As an issue it's trivial. If one is going to screw around with amendments, runoff voting offers much more.

Rand Paul goes under my bus because he revealed a huge absence of Principle, when up to this point he was looking like a bright shining star. I don't claim to have any idea what the hell happened to bring him to this point, but I don't need to know that. What I do know is that Romney will do nothing to stop the train crashing into the abyss, that he will do nothing to inject freedom into the healthcare ruse which is pure rotten communism, which things by themselves will prove to be a continuance of Ob...

Rand Paul goes under my bus because he revealed a huge absence of Principle, when up to this point he was looking like a bright shining star. I don't claim to have any idea what the hell happened to bring him to this point, but I don't need to know that. What I do know is that Romney will do nothing to stop the train crashing into the abyss, that he will do nothing to inject freedom into the healthcare ruse which is pure rotten communism, which things by themselves will prove to be a continuance of Obama, the marxism, and the continued deterioration or the end of Liberty. .

You forget that I have not been a Republican since Goldwater, and a Libertarian ever since. I wasn't *angry* about republicans until the RINO's took over. That grey middle is a horrid place to live!
  • Gracie ... Striker 2012/06/16 22:17:01 (edited)
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    Here is an article about Ron Paul's pork. If you don't like this one you can look up hundreds of others. I can't believe that you're such a Ron Paul fan and yet you've never heard this? I think that means that you shy away from anything you don't want to hear?

http://freestudents.blogspot....

I do know that it takes many years to "learn the ropes"...that's the reason why we should have term limits. The ropes and the special favors and everything DC is what the problem IS, not avoids.

I am not claiming you to be a Republican, I am saying that Ron Paul as well as Rand Paul are both Republicans. They choose to be Republicans and they should support the party that they belong to.

You may not like Romney but to ignore the problems with Ron Paul and call Rand Paul for simply supporting the nominee shows your blind bias.
  • Striker Gracie ... 2012/06/16 22:22:27
    Striker
    Gracie, we've been friends mostly on the same side for a long time, but that appears to be about over.
  • Gracie ... Striker 2012/06/17 00:59:34
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    You can't ignore the truth just because it doesn't suit your purposes. If you don't believe what I'm saying, show me that I'm wrong. You can't because I'm not!
  • Striker Gracie ... 2012/06/17 01:10:25
    Striker
    I am not going to bother explaining to you the WRONG of Romney.

2014/08/29 12:17:11