Muslim woman sues the Disney... Did the Magic Kingdom discriminate against a Muslim employee?

FairLady 2012/08/16 01:11:45
No, M.K. is a private company and sets its rules (pl. comment)
Yes, it is a discrimination against a woman (pl. comment)
Undecided (pl. comment)

Please watch this 5 minutes Fox News video and
share your opinion:

• say what? 2012/08/16 01:52:20
    say what?
    +3
    Maybe she should sue Islam for discrimination against women.

• jc 2012/08/21 06:20:56
    jc
    +1
    She needs to be sent to work for allah!
  • FairLady jc 2012/08/21 19:58:45 (edited)
  • DizziNY 2012/08/20 12:23:43
    DizziNY
    +1
    It's their company, deal with it or don't work there.
  • FairLady DizziNY 2012/08/20 17:37:53
    FairLady
    Exactly my point.
  • richard.maloney.7 2012/08/20 09:51:36
    richard.maloney.7
    +1
    when you apply for a job you have to follow the guidlines and rules that come with the job, if you cant or wont then dont flippin apply!!!!!!
    She wanted to get her 15 mins of fame and fortune by this...and all the sob sisters rally to her side......people... GET A LIFE
  • FairLady richard... 2012/08/20 17:39:07
    FairLady
    Hi R.M. definitely she wants publicity. One stupid small minded woman.
  • Pastor Nellie 2012/08/19 19:23:45
    Pastor Nellie
    +1
    She's obviously Americanized. She's suing them after all!
  • FairLady Pastor ... 2012/08/20 00:29:32
    FairLady
    She is suing them because most American Muslims want to impose their rules instead of abiding ours. Disney IS a private company. If I want to work for them I will have to abide their rules and not impose mine.
  • JohnT 2012/08/16 22:37:02
    JohnT
    +2
    Take the rag head down the street you don't like their policy don't work there, and don't even think about trying to change our culture for your religion. Either work where it is accepted or your out of luck.
  • FairLady JohnT 2012/08/16 23:55:06
    FairLady
    +2
    Muslims don't seem to take No for the answer in America... did you notice?

Thank you for your comment.
  • Milady FairLady 2012/08/17 00:26:05
    Milady
    +1
    Or Australia either!
  • FairLady Milady 2012/08/18 00:27:45 (edited)
    FairLady
    Awwww.... but Australian P.M. is different from Obama. Their rules are much tougher toward muslims. At least I heard that Australian P.M. expects muslims to abide or be expelled.. I did not hear it from our government. :(
  • Milady FairLady 2012/08/18 00:54:21
    Milady
    +1
    Maybe so, but they really push the borders as far as they can. It worries me, I can tell you. I don't want Australia to become an Islamic country.
  • FairLady Milady 2012/08/18 01:04:38
    FairLady
    What do you mean by "push the borders"?
    I bet you worry. I worry here in the USA too: too many liberals lick too many muslims' asses (forgive my rough language). America unfortunately has become so politically correct. It makes me sick. Same concern as yours, about "Islamic country".
  • Milady FairLady 2012/08/18 01:07:31
    Milady
    +1
    There are just so many of them (and that sounds awful). There was an article in the newspaper not long ago about if the number of Muslims in Australia reaches a certain level, they can push for Shari'a laws to be implemented. That terrified me.
  • FairLady Milady 2012/08/18 01:21:00 (edited)
    FairLady
    Ohhh... I understand.. I bet it terrifies you. It will be up to your P.M. will it not?

I did not know that Australia had a lot of them too.
  • Milady FairLady 2012/08/18 01:27:19 (edited)
    Milady
    +1
    Yep. We have a large number of Muslims in Australia. And I have nothing against them, honestly. But to me, when you move to a country with laws different from those of your old country, you should abide by those laws, and not try to get them changed to those of your old country. If that's what they want, why did they leave in the first place?
  • FairLady Milady 2012/08/18 02:04:34 (edited)
    FairLady
    Good question. That what my post is about .... WHY muslims impose their rules instead of abiding of their new country laws?
    I am very outspoken about this issue. I say clear, loud and straight forward: GET THE HELL OUT OF AMERICA IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES ABIDING OUR LAWS.

I have nothing against MODEST Muslims who work hard, pay their taxes and don't sue their employers.
    Frankly, due to these Muslims' lawsuits, and the fact that more and more of them become the home grown terrorists I become increasingly biased and would like the Muslims' emigration in the USA stopped for good.

You know why I am so sensitive about it?? Truth is I am an immigrant myself. Transplanted from the Eastern Europe. Been proud US citizen since 1987. ▓ How come my family always abides the American laws instead of challenging them??? ▓ And why Muslims always sue their employer? It infuriates me.

Milady, this is NOT my first blog on this theme. I posted a very similar case last year.
  • JohnT FairLady 2012/08/17 01:42:45
    JohnT
    +1
    After 911 they would be wise to move to outer Mongolia.
  • FairLady JohnT 2012/08/18 00:29:36 (edited)
    FairLady
    +1
    Mongolia? why Mongolia? They can get the hell to their original countries they came from that welcome using burkas, like Saudi, Somali, etc. .
  • kobidobidog 2012/08/16 02:54:53 (edited)
    Undecided (pl. comment)
    kobidobidog
    +2
    I so dislike the Islamic religion I would be happy if the Muslims en-mass all went to mars. I would be happy with that. They would be among their own. They would have a whole planet with 100% Muslim just like they always wanted. They could set up their idol Mecca just Like it is on earth, and bow to it as much as they wanted. OH yea I almost forgot, the Muslims would have to have a covering on all the time to survive.That should make them supremely happy. The burka is not because of the climate.The burka is one sign of oppression put upon people based on an oppressive book called the Koran. Had the burka be used because of climate the use of it would be modified according to the climate. Muslims are a plague if there ever was one. It would be good if Muslim went extinct. It would be better for all of us. Disney trying to be good to the Muslim will come back to bit them, and all of us. All Muslims at once should renounce their beliefs showing it by demolishing what they bow down to,and stack Korans to burn them like the burning man statue is burned in a pile 10 million a billion, and burn them like the Joker burning the stake of money in batman. Then as publicly as they hang pulverize the Kaaba, and Mecca destroying them, and en-mass renounce the name of Mohammed, and person...
    I so dislike the Islamic religion I would be happy if the Muslims en-mass all went to mars. I would be happy with that. They would be among their own. They would have a whole planet with 100% Muslim just like they always wanted. They could set up their idol Mecca just Like it is on earth, and bow to it as much as they wanted. OH yea I almost forgot, the Muslims would have to have a covering on all the time to survive.That should make them supremely happy. The burka is not because of the climate.The burka is one sign of oppression put upon people based on an oppressive book called the Koran. Had the burka be used because of climate the use of it would be modified according to the climate. Muslims are a plague if there ever was one. It would be good if Muslim went extinct. It would be better for all of us. Disney trying to be good to the Muslim will come back to bit them, and all of us. All Muslims at once should renounce their beliefs showing it by demolishing what they bow down to,and stack Korans to burn them like the burning man statue is burned in a pile 10 million a billion, and burn them like the Joker burning the stake of money in batman. Then as publicly as they hang pulverize the Kaaba, and Mecca destroying them, and en-mass renounce the name of Mohammed, and personally as well. The Muslims themselves have to know that the Koran blatantly endorsing the killing of people different than they are is bad. They know how to organize.They can do it. I would not hire a Muslim until all of that happened Humbling them. After that the name Muslim would vanish like vapor.
  • mwg0735 2012/08/16 01:57:51
  • Milady mwg0735 2012/08/17 00:26:48
    Milady
    LOL - maybe someone should have said that to her initially : "Ok, keep your burka on!"
  • say what? 2012/08/16 01:52:20
    say what?
    +3
  • Milady say what? 2012/08/17 00:27:19
    Milady
    +1
    I wish I could rave this 100 times. Sooooooooo true!
  • DizziNY say what? 2012/08/20 12:24:42
    DizziNY
    Dude I agree with you 1 billion times over.

beat up islam woman
  • U-Dog 2012/08/16 01:48:00 (edited)
    U-Dog
    +3
    Would this even be a legit case if some Quaker or Jew were complaining... I highly doubt it.

This a still supposedly a free country and if your religion doesn't allow you to wear what your employer requires then find a job that does or start your own freaking company. This lady worked for Disney for over two years and never said a word and then when she finally decided that it bothered her Disney went above and beyond to try to satisfy this nutcase. Disney is one of if not the most tolerant PC companies in the US, they offered her numerous backstage jobs where she could wear her religious head dress and she refused so let her go eat crow. People go to places like Disneyland to be entertained by characters like Mickey Mouse and to have fun with their families... Not to be bothered or annoyed by overzealous nuts who suddenly become obsessed with displaying their political or religious wares.
  • Transquesta 2012/08/16 01:22:22
    Transquesta
    +3
    As far as I'm concerned a private individual or company could discriminate against anyone they wanted for any reason they wanted. If I didn't like that, I could elect not to work there or to avail myself of their products or services.

What part of PRIVATE property is so frikkin' hard to understand?
  • FairLady Transqu... 2012/08/16 01:27:28
    FairLady
    +2
    Well said. Very good point. Thanks!!!
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/08/16 01:19:14
    Rusty Shackleford
    +3
    If you are not willing to abide by their dress code, you still have the right to choose not to work there.

Where is she gonna try to work next? Hooters?
  • FairLady Rusty S... 2012/08/16 01:25:23 (edited)
    FairLady
    +1
    Problem is and I always said it, only Muslims here in America sue their employers. This is a 2nd poll I do on the same subject (different case).

Why only Muslim people impose their rules instead of abiding their employer's has always been my burning question?!?!.
  • Propaganda, Ink. 2012/08/16 01:18:52
    Propaganda, Ink.
    +2
    If they had let her wear it they would have been discriminating against all other religions by only allowing her beliefs to be prominent.
  • FairLady Propaga... 2012/08/16 01:19:36
    FairLady
    +1
    Very good point. Thank you.

2014/07/24 20:12:13