Murderer Adam Lanza's pictures vs murder victim Trayvon Martin's pictures and double standards, why?

rich 2012/12/16 22:48:30
So many US Americans are deep down racists and don't even know how racists they are, so these things happen.
Its not the same, black people do so many bad things, they need to be highlighted differently.
What's the problem?
Adam was just a misguided kid, so its not the same.
Trayvon was a thug with skittles and tea, so what's the problem?
US Americans are a racist mess, apparently, and we like it!
Well I think . . .
So, when VICTIM Trayvon Martin was murdered by an attacker when there was no proof he had done anything whatsoever, and pictures of him were posted, some of which were at age 12, but even at age 17 he still looked very young, many jumped up and down and acted crazy saying how biased the "liberal media" was.

But now after MURDERER Adam Lanza kills his mother and 26 people, and the media posts pictures of him at what looks like 10, when he was actually 20, not one complaint have I read about how the "liberal media" has posted unfair pictures of who this murderer actually looked like.

What's up with that?

• Zolfie™ 2012/12/17 04:28:55
    Well I think . . .
    Zolfie™
    +5
    Normally I avoid both subjects... but looking at your experiment from only a scientific stand point there is at least two huge factor other than race which messes up this experiment.

1) Lanza killed others. Trayvon didn't kill no body.

2) I haven't heard a single person trying to get sympathy for Lanza. Lots were trying to get sympathy for Trayvon.

I'm not saying you do or don't have a point... just that these cases compared can't prove it because there totally different and have too many different variables between the two cases to fairly test them.

• rich Mtg303 2012/12/26 00:48:22
    rich
    +1
    Agreed! Happy holidays!
  • Mtg303 rich 2012/12/26 01:21:30
    Mtg303
    +1
    You too Rich Happy Holidays!
  • wtxwoman User De... 2012/12/17 15:13:18
    wtxwoman
    +2
    Trayvon deserved sympathy. He was murdered by a self-aggrandizing fool!
  • User De... wtxwoman 2012/12/17 21:19:38
    User Deactivated
    +1
    We really don't know what happened that night. No one was there to witness it. It could have gone either way, and if Treyvon assaulted Zimmerman, then he was killed in self defense. If not, then he was murdered. I don't think we'll ever be positive which it was.
  • rich User De... 2012/12/17 21:41:50
  • Ozymandias 2012/12/17 06:52:33
  • I NEED A HORSE 2012/12/17 05:31:19
  • rich I NEED ... 2012/12/17 05:39:10
    rich
    +1
    Waste of time to try and change this situation? Or what?
  • I NEED ... rich 2012/12/17 11:19:31
  • rich I NEED ... 2012/12/17 14:35:14
    rich
    Why is it wierd? The point of it is to think beyond what people have been taught to accept, so that they can see how and why they view things related to these disparities from a neutral point of view. Not doing so is how we give in to prejudices developed by upbringing or society, because we never pay attention to the details.
  • Rogue_Loner 2012/12/17 05:27:41
  • rich Rogue_L... 2012/12/17 05:40:10
    rich
    +2
    I think that they are just the henchmen of the boss, who is the true evil, and that's big money.
  • Rogue_L... rich 2012/12/17 05:42:09
  • rich Rogue_L... 2012/12/17 05:46:04
    rich
    +1
    Yep, the sheep, and the sheep have the power to stop it all if they would simple discipline themselves and use it. Thinking is part of that awakening.
  • the Supreme 2012/12/17 04:40:08
    Its not the same, black people do so many bad things, they need to be highlig...
    the Supreme
    oops i accidently clicked on this
  • rich the Sup... 2012/12/17 05:07:27
    rich
    +1
    What did you mean to say?
  • the Sup... rich 2012/12/17 05:10:18
    the Supreme
    +1
    why are there only pictures of him from long ago but i saw one that was recent on 60 minutes and he is scary looking. he didnt look scary in 2005 and maybe he wasnt maybe he was a normal kid going down a slippery slope. thats metal illness and it sucks that nobody knew what to do you know it sucks that nobody could recognize the signs and that we cant read minds
  • User De... the Sup... 2012/12/17 07:10:31
    User Deactivated
    +1
    You can't tell anything from a single snapshot anyway. I've seen pictures of my my beautiful ex-wife that looked like she had some weird alien mouth and no teeth.
  • Zolfie™ 2012/12/17 04:28:55
    Well I think . . .
    Zolfie™
    +5

• rich Zolfie™ 2012/12/17 05:31:57
    rich
    I understand not wanting to talk about it, but I believe that people trying not to talk about in realistic, open-minded conversations is exactly the reason that these discrepancies continue. Nobody really does a full examination of how they see these things, but instead just go with what they know, or were taught.

I have seen articles talking about him being autistic, quiet, a loner and odd, as opposed to the mass amount of articles about Trayvon, who hurt nobody, being a drug dealer, thief, troublemaker and suspended from school. So it does compare really. There is an "excuse" for Adam being presented. That's a problem. There is no excuse for murdering 28 people, and deeming it okay that a boy who did nothing, deserved it.

http://www.news-journalonline...

These points are used in statements about the incident:
    *Peers remember him as a quiet and extremely intelligent student who kept to himself and carried black briefcase to class
    *Brother Ryan, 24, an accountant at Ernst and Young, said Adam had personality disorder
    *Gunman killed his mother at home they shared in Newtown, then stole her guns and carried out massacre
    *Reporters broke the news of the massacre to Adam's father, Peter, who is divorced from the mother and lives in Stamford, Connecticut with new wife
    *Moved to tears...

http://www.news-journalonline...

*Moved to tears, President Obama says 'our hearts are broken today'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

But when President Obama said that Trayvon looked like he could have been his son, this country beat him down into the ground for trying to divide the nation by race, and for being racist. And statements about Trayvon were about him being kicked out of school, having used marijuana sometime within a week (not that night), and putting fake gold teeth in his mouth.

These are the insane double standards that are evident.
  • Zolfie™ rich 2012/12/17 16:56:58
    Zolfie™
    +1
    And I understand people wanting to have "realistic, open-minded conversations" and think it can be a great thing if person are reasonable and don't attack each other or go to extremes.

But these two cases don't realistic compare... again from the points noted above.

One killed no one (that we current know of), the other one killed "26 people" that we know about. That factor is a much bigger factor than the race factor in comparing these two different cases.
  • rich Zolfie™ 2012/12/17 17:19:41
    rich
    It certainly should be.
  • ken 2012/12/17 04:21:13
    Well I think . . .
    ken
    +3
    I think the pictures of Adam Lanza show the hollow eyes of a sociopath so I'm not really sure where you're going with this one. The guy was certifiable and his mother should have had her guns locked up in a gun safe. It didn't really matter what the pictures of Trayvon Martin looked like. He was stalked and murdered by a psychopath.
  • rich ken 2012/12/17 05:33:21
    rich
    Agreed, but he was still made out to be a thug, drug addict and basically evil, and therefore deserved to be murdered, by too many.
  • Vitalani 2012/12/17 04:04:21 (edited)
    Well I think . . .
    Vitalani
    +2
    He's obviously not 10 in that picture..lol
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/12/17 04:00:25
    So many US Americans are deep down racists and don't even know how racists th...
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +4
    Yeah, Blacks aren't the ones folks need to ne looking over their shoulders for...
    adam lanza
    james holmes
    eric harris and dylab klebold
    ted bundy
  • ken C-ZAR™,... 2012/12/17 04:21:55
  • Caedus01 Sith Lord of the P... 2012/12/17 02:33:14
    Caedus01 Sith Lord of the PHAET
    +3
    Oh man great question!!
  • rich Caedus0... 2012/12/17 02:42:56
    rich
    +1
    Thanks. Any thoughts on what people can do to address their "deep down racism?"
  • TheFightingPanties 2012/12/17 02:32:18
  • rich TheFigh... 2012/12/17 02:41:36
    rich
    +1
    I'm in full agreement. So IF people are wise enough to understand these differences and unreasonable disparities, how might they correct this in themselves do you think? What practical way can they address this malady?
  • TheFigh... rich 2012/12/18 18:32:23
    TheFightingPanties
    +1
    well first comes being willing to admit it, that one personally has absorbed some toxic thinking in these matters. when people are able to do that they become better able to spot things like this, for what it is and not only critically analyze the information they are given, but they can then speak out about it and hopefully that can help others to start doing the same.

And when doing it as a individual that usually benefits from such things, like in this case, me as a white/white passing person, take extra care to allow room for the people who have to live with it, people of color here, to speak and help draw attention to their voices if you can. Like, in this everything I'm saying is advice gotten from a woc on tumblr (who's name I won't share because she gets a lot of harassment as is, and I don't trust ppl on this site)

There are other ways to help as well, but I work best through words and such, so this is a part of my way.
  • rich TheFigh... 2012/12/18 19:50:52
    rich
    Woc??

To gain this insight, a person must first be willing to look outside of their own interests in order to get to your first admission don't you think? After that, I agree with everything you are saying. It is not as hard as some people want to make it seem, it is all a matter of the heart and willingness to see something else other than what they already know. Thanks for your insightful evaluation.
  • TheFigh... rich 2012/12/18 20:22:06
    TheFightingPanties
    Woman of Color.

That is true, but I think talking about it can be one of the ways to bringing the realization that there is something to look for at all. It's how I started. I think more, it can be hard at first, realizing that you have been part of something like that, but once you realize that addressing it is possible it becomes much easier. Removing years of ingrained thinking is not easy. I think of it kinda like surgery. Getting rid of it can hurt, and after you may have to heal and learn to go about things in a new way, and you have to check regularly to make sure it doesn't become a problem again, but eventually it just becomes normal and easy, and you are healthier and better off for it, not just to yourself though, but to society at large.

Thank you by the way.
  • rich TheFigh... 2012/12/18 21:42:06
    rich
    All excellent thoughts. If you don't have one, you ought to write one of just this subject. Far more powerful than people of color writing it because we are often discounted as being angry and so those un-inclined to self examination miss the points entirely and just attack and call us racists, then we are only preaching to the choir -- the people who have already made an effort to figure things out for themselves.
  • TooSweet 2012/12/17 02:30:16
  • TooSweet TooSweet 2012/12/17 02:32:57
    TooSweet
    +4
    and just to clarify,when you mentioned "liberal media" you made it political.
  • rich TooSweet 2012/12/17 02:44:10
    rich
    That is the term most often used to complain about the Trayvon picture. Not my term, but the complainers. To leave it out does not explain the situation fully.
  • rich TooSweet 2012/12/17 02:38:23
    rich
    +1
    Not to promote anything, but to give thinking people a chance to work out what God apparently means for us to get! Do you believe that all of these incidents, back to back to back for the past 12 years don't have a spiritual base? You think it is not happening for a reason? And still, we don't change for the better, we just ignore it and create more chaos with more insane thinking that creates more monsters. It happens, in my opinion, for people to figure out how absolutely out of touch with spiritual reality we are in general, and how those "isms" and insanely making unrealistic assumptions about who is dangerous, are creating this madness? Think again, deeper than just calling me names, if you can. The time for lightweight thinking is over. People better get a dadblasted clue, and NOW, or this gets much, much worse!
  • C-ZAR™,... rich 2012/12/17 05:21:39
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +2
    This video highlights your point perfectly

2014/09/15 02:09:49