MSNBC: Harris-Perry And Panel Ridicule Mitt Romney's Black Grandson

snipe 2013/12/30 23:03:56
Even Bob Beckel said the majority of Liberals would disagree with these people. Let's see if he's right.

In a nauseating display of mean-spirited ignorance, MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry and her panel of five ridiculed Mitt Romney's black grandchild as something "that's not like the others." The MSNBC segment was a look back at 2013, and for some reason a Romney family photo that shows former Massachusetts governor with a grandchild on each knee was cherry-picked for mockery.

The only apparent reason for the ridicule was purely based on the race of Kieran Romney, the governor's adopted grandchild who happens to be black.

You can hear panelist Pia Glenn singing the lyrics to the "Sesame Street" song, "One of these things doesn't belong here." After finishing the ditty, Glenn says, "And that little baby, front and center, would be the one.”

Dean Obeidallah then attacks the child as token, "“I think this picture is great. It really sums up the diversity of the Republican party, the RNC. At the convention, they find the one black person.”

Throughout, Harris-Perry chuckles along approvingly.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/12/30/menbc-harr...

• darcie lamar 2013/12/30 23:30:17
    darcie lamar
    +18
    My third son is black and I adopted him to love, not to be a token. Screw MSNBC. That little kid will have a great life. Liberals are becoming more evil all the time on that station.

• nails 2014/01/02 23:08:26
    nails
    Tell Mr Romney to trash it.Then wait for the hatred from these low life responders to a
    good deed done by someone who can give the kid a goog home ,an education and a
    loving family.
  • Marek 2014/01/02 02:28:33
    Marek
    +2
    If that was white liberal holding the black adapted baby they would all be swooning about how humane and good person the liberal is for adapting the baby.
    Hypocrisy on the left is only rivaled by the narcissism of the liberal lefties.
  • Manwé 2014/01/01 03:16:11
    Manwé
    That's what you get when you put four comedians together. Sometimes it will be rude or crude. Melissa Harris-Perry has apologized.
  • Marek Manwé 2014/01/02 02:31:00
    Marek
    She can stuff her insincere apology up in her place where the sun doesn't shine.
  • Charlie~NBA 2013/12/31 16:12:33
    Charlie~NBA
    Wow! You can learn a lot from "Fox News" these days!
  • Charlie 2013/12/31 15:09:39
    Charlie
    +2
    Sandra Bullock has a black son but you would never hear them talk like that about her.
  • Seonag 2013/12/31 13:44:34
    Seonag
    +4
    Had that been FoxNews or The Blaze doing that piece, the MSM would have been all over them as being racists. Shows the lack of standards (forget the Double Standards) MSNBC, these particular individuals, and the left in general have!
  • snipe Seonag 2013/12/31 14:27:16
    snipe
    +1
    I see youtube has shut the video down.
  • Seonag snipe 2013/12/31 16:19:24
    Seonag
    +1
    I think it's the Breitbart one they shut due to 'ending relationship.' (Wonder what that means?) But the National Review one is still there: https://www.youtube.com/watch...

• snipe Seonag 2014/01/01 01:35:28
    snipe
    +1
    Hmmm, does make ya wonder, huh? And it could mean nothin', huh?
  • bob 2013/12/31 13:32:59
    bob
    +4
    Lincoln and the Republican Party ended Slavery and then the Democrats started the KKK. The Dems have always been a racist party they keep the Black vote by making sure the inner city school systems fail and making sure they have no other choice as far as education goes and then hand out welfare just enough to keep their heads above the water and no chance at escaping the life the dems have given them. The truth be told they are laughing at all of black America for letting them enslave the black community again while they do it under the lie that they care. They know exactly what they are doing.
  • Mark P. 2013/12/31 12:58:21
  • All American 2013/12/31 12:23:00
    All American
    +5
    It's all about color, racism, divide and conquer with the left.
  • BeatleStone1 2013/12/31 12:17:45
    BeatleStone1
    +5
    The left wing liberal fringe is at MSNBC with attacking Republicans as their main political objective & diversity isn't for Democrats at all.
  • jim 2013/12/31 11:17:28
    jim
    +6
    No one exploits African Americans more than liberal democrats. Whether it's pathetic frauds like the "reverends" Jackson and Sharpton or the pandering phonies like the Clintons, liberals have used African Americans to accumulate political power and wealth since the civil rights era of the 50's and 60's. (Can't wait to hear Hilary again mimic her perception of African American speech in her upcoming campaign or maybe Joe Biden reprise his touching "they're gonna put y'all back in chains" comment.)
    This is just another example of the cynical hypocrisy of liberals and their public vomit bag, otherwise known as MSNBC.
  • Cliff 2013/12/31 11:07:19
    Cliff
    +5
    MSNBC and the liberals they represent are mentally ill.
  • Diogenes... Still looking. 2013/12/31 10:56:50
    Diogenes... Still looking.
    +5
    They have no shame! They are utterly EVIL!!!
  • Hawkeye 2013/12/31 10:47:57
    Hawkeye
    +5
    Frankly.. I LOVE this.. Conservatives have had to battle uphill against a slanderous left and their propaganda machine ( the MSM ) for almost a century now.. It is FITTING that it should be that very same MSM that reveals the TRUTH behind the lies and distortions so prevalent among those on the left.. For DECADES the left has wrongfully defined the right and that has been hammered home to the American People,, ON a daily basis,, by the VERY people THIS post is talking about..

TODAY,, as ALWAYS to the observant,, the left reveals who the REAL racists TRUELY are in America and it certainly isn't the ones they point fingers at.. It's the ones they see in the mirror..
    +3
    This is just PATHETIC And sad ..
    bullies .. they are nothing more than VILE, Gossip-Mongering bullies to attack a child the way they have ..
  • Hawkeye sglmom 2013/12/31 10:55:28
    Hawkeye
    +3
    Remember the SCHIP controversy of the mid 2000s.. They,, the DEMOCRATS,, dragged an 11 year old girl into a back room and convinced her that Republicans wanted to KILL her.. THEN they took this hysterical and teary eyed little girl and stood her in front of the Republuicans to beg for her life..

The Democrats have no LOVE for anybody.. They will stoop to ANY depths to USE anyone for their needs no matter how much it harms them..

ATTACK Romney's Child?? They did the SAME thing with Palin's child and her grandchild..

This is NOTHING unusual or new.. Indeed,, it has,, over MANY years,, become COMMON practice..
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ 2013/12/31 06:03:05
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +5
    It's funny how liberals make everything about skin color. Can't it just be a beautiful baby that was adopted by a loving family? No, they have to be hateful. SMH
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2013/12/31 05:30:22
  • MrsJJS 2013/12/31 05:25:56
    MrsJJS
    +5
    OMG I can’t believe they thought they were being clever by picking on a baby on national television.

Making digs about an adult is one thing, but a baby?! Come on. And the child is not part of the family because he’s adopted, seriously? What a horrible thing to say. The children (or grandchild in this instance) of public figures should be off limits to the media ridicule.

I hope those people sat on that stage would have looked back at what they said and felt ashamed, but I doubt that they did, they probably didn’t even realize they were being mean- Their moral compasses appear to be severely askew.
  • snipe MrsJJS 2013/12/31 14:34:19
    snipe
    +1
    someone must be upset, cause youtube took down the video.
    +4
    What a bunch of pathetic @ss holes!
  • prayer warrior 2013/12/31 04:50:07
    prayer warrior
    +1
    Actually I don't know why he adopted a Black child neither does anyone here. I think it is crazy to be arguing whether liberals or conservative adopt more Black children. It is all about the welfare of the child and what is best for him. He will probably have it rough being in the schools he will attend especially if he is one of a handful of Black children attending.
    I have a friend who attended a predominately white school and she had it rough according to her experiences. I guess being in the minority in any situation can be uncomfortable.
    I can't honestly say it is a good thing or a bad thing.
  • Marek prayer ... 2014/01/02 02:42:23
    Marek
    +1
    Being white in a majority black school can be just as uncomfortable particularly when kids are taught racism in media like the MSNBC.
  • prayer ... Marek 2014/01/02 02:59:20
    prayer warrior
    +1
    I think I said that being in the minority can be rough. Racism is taught at home and through experience the media has nothing to do with it. Besides most Black kids don't even watch MSNBC.
  • Marek prayer ... 2014/01/02 03:18:06
    Marek
    +1
    Yes you did say that and I only added that not only black but white kids can feel uncomfortable being a minority. I agree that racism is taught at home but I know that schools and media are reinforcing it by being one sided in their opinions as to who can and can't be racist.
  • prayer ... Marek 2014/01/02 03:22:53
    prayer warrior
    Ok when I made the comment being in the minority can be rough I was talking about anyone even being a religion. I am sorry that I didn't make my self clearer.
  • david abe 2013/12/31 04:25:34
    david abe
    +3
    Missie is a capital jerk!
  • Sgt Major B 2013/12/31 04:12:30
    Sgt Major B
    +5
    The various talking heads on MSNBC are the very scum of the earth, and, regardless of your position on abortion or birth control, their vile comments and abject stupidity encourage most rational folks to wish their parents had either exercised more self control or been truly committed to Planned Parenthood's goals. It's long past time to improve the gene pool!

spay
  • KR811 Sgt Maj... 2013/12/31 04:54:55
    KR811
    +1
    Nice... calling for political genocide. Why do you Conservatives whine about abortion again?
  • Hawkeye Sgt Maj... 2013/12/31 10:13:26
    Hawkeye
    +1
    " calling for political genocide"

Yeah God Damn it.. You're BEGINNING to sound like the FOUNDER of Planned Parenthood and heroic figure to ALL Progressive Liberals.. Margaret Sanger.. Only progressives can talk about genocide of any kind.. YOU know,, Like Sanger and Hitler..
  • Marek Sgt Maj... 2014/01/02 02:45:48 (edited)
    Marek
    I like your idea. Liberals pollute society.
  • Gwen 2013/12/31 04:05:34
    Gwen
    +3
    My niece is NOT a "one of these things doesn't belong here".

Seriously people, what the hell?!? Using a baby who is adopted to make a political point? some tolerance...

Humm...if they wanna go there...

Makes me wonder what the percentile of people who adopt who are also conservative versus any other group?
  • Matt 2013/12/31 02:32:45
    Matt
    +6
    That is about the most fortunate place for any adopted baby, of any race, to be sitting.
  • Icono1 2013/12/31 02:25:22
    Icono1
    +7
    Typical progressive response. One sometimes has to consider the source of such responses and realize that the source of such a crass show of character assassination is either chronic stupidity and-or jealously.
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2013/12/31 02:25:17
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +8
    It does not fit with the racist image of republicans that the left keeps trying to label us with. I have 4 adopted children and non of them are white. My family does not fit neatly into one of their stereotyped talking points either.
  • KR811 2013/12/31 02:19:35 (edited)
    KR811
    Doesn't Mormonism say that Blacks are subhuman. Even Romney flip flops on his fairy tale cult beliefs.

And for the rest of you Conservatives why do pretend to care when many of your cohorts say far worse things about black children (i.e. Stormfront, Chimpout). Do you Conservatives just complain when it's against Liberals even when it goes against your (racial) ideology.

2014/11/22 10:36:02