Ms. Boxer you are all about fair voting and against voter intimidation correct? Well, why are you not concerned with ACORN? They have committed thousands of felonies; voter registration fraud, vote fraud, voter intimidation, etc.

Steve☮END THE FED☮ 2009/05/17 04:26:32
BARBARA BOXER CLUB
3 votes
25%
9 votes
75%
ACORN is the greatest threat to our democracy that exists in this country. Nevada is taking it seriously, charging the domestic terrorist organization with 39 felonies.

What constitutes a domestic terrorist organization?

(1) An organization that seeks to undermine the rule of law and United States government. CHECK

(2) An organization, funded in secret, that deliberately engaged in activities to commit voter fraud and unfairly and unethically alter the course of American elections. CHECK

(3) An organization that seeks to, by its activities, create chaos and bedlem to disrupt the natural outcome of elections and other political processes. CHECK

We’re sure you can think of more on your own, but ACORN is as dangerous as any other terrorist organization — and it has its own army that may not use bombs or guns, but certainly uses violence and threats of violence to achieve its aims.

We continue to urge you to find out as much about ACORN as possible and tell everyone you know about this threat. What’s happening in Nevada is encouraging, but it’s an attack on just one tiny, malformed head on a monstrous, venom-dripping, beastly Hydra of democracy-killing, serpentine, “community organizing”, domestic terrorism.

Each day, learn a little bit more about ACORN, tell your friends about them, and start putting pressure on all elected officials to shut this organization down once and for all, by 2012 if we can make that happen.

You must be a member of the group BARBARA BOXER CLUB to vote on this poll.

• cosmiceyes versus Marxist s... 2009/05/23 06:14:36
    Ms. Boxer please investigate ACORN, you said you care about a fair electoral ...
    cosmiceyes versus Marxist sock puppets!
    +6
    You were chosen to represent Americans is California. You need to stand up and do just that. It takes actions,and not pompous speeches that are just headed forward. If the Tea Party didn't get your attention. I am sure the lack of votes to get you reelected will.
    ACORN is a tarnish on the American image. Just as the KKK is.
    tea party attention votes reelected acorn tarnish american image kkk

• Terris Linenbach 2010/08/27 13:44:29
    I shoud investigate ACORN
    Terris Linenbach
    +1
    Sadly, Steve, someday you will have real problems and I'm sorry for you in advance. Go fight against Democracy in somebody else's country, like Afghanistan where you and your ilk will fit right in. Also, you might consider using spell check on your "answers" in the future. http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
  • sparta 2010/01/02 05:24:34
    sparta
    Don't chicken out under the pressure of dollars rolling into your campaign...do the right thing and go after these pigs or be voted out of office for your traitorous ways
  • gmatkovits 2009/07/13 16:35:04
    I shoud investigate ACORN
    gmatkovits
    Repukes accused ACORN of many vile things. Fortunately absolutely nothing has been proven and they tried and tried, like you are doing it now! Please crawl back into your hole. I also support ACORN with my $$s, they are a great organization! They keep on helping "we the people".What do you do beside slimming the innocent? -- George
  • Nikki +... gmatkovits 2013/06/27 19:49:41
    Nikki +In God We Trust+
    It is a FACT facts don't lie. It is the Dumocrats who are crooked and deceitful. That's a FACT.

Although Acorn organization prides itself for its registration efforts, it also has a long history of scandal. In the state of Missouri in 12 ACORN members were convicted of voter fraud. But that case was not an isolated incident in the state. In December 2004, in St. Louis, six volunteers pleaded guilty of dozens of election law violations for filling out registration cards with names of dead people and other bogus information.

Don't forget voter intimidation the peron in the picture was just arrested for a weapons charge.

voter intimidation
  • TrueRedWhite&Blue 2009/06/01 23:10:15
    TrueRedWhite&Blue
    +1
    Like so many lifer politicians, Their spine has disappeared. investigate acorn care fair electoral process lifer politicians spine disappeared
    YOU NOW SEE the California Legislature.....as well as the State Senators. Look I see Ellen Tauscher.
    cosmiceyes versus Marxist sock puppets!
    +6
  • johnnyboy cosmice... 2009/10/08 18:06:40
    johnnyboy
    +1
    Damn right. That pompous disgusting hag "babs boxer" makes me SICK and ill be voting her out too. F*&king PIG!!!!!!!!
  • Jon 2009/05/22 22:44:07
    Jon
    I wonder if Nevada ( I was just there on vacation) need a new US Marshal.
  • M-D 2009/05/22 16:03:31
    M-D
    +1
    A lot of folks are making statements about what ACORN has done. Besides repeating statements made in the media, does anyone have evidence of their so-called crimes? I would be very interested to see actual evidence or testimony of their wrong-doing.
  • Muffy M-D 2009/05/24 23:46:02
    Muffy
    +2
    We got a call from the people who bought our house about a letter that arrived in the mail to a woman registered to vote at that address for the last ten years. We lived there from 1987-2000. It was a "non person" registered by Acorn. This is a small story, but I didn't get it from any media.
  • gmatkovits Muffy 2009/07/13 16:57:32
    gmatkovits
    +1
    Apparently there are many 'smear' provocations against ACORN! This might have been one! This is a dirty world and the Repukes play it expertly! I am sure you all heard how GWB was cheated into office both in 2000 (Florida) and 2004 (Ohio)! I did voter registration before 2004! I live in Minnesota and here the Repukes tried to cheat against Franken but it did not work again! We have paper based vote counting with mandatory recount! Unfortunately paying for the court process is expensive so seating Senator Franken cost a lot to 'little people' like I! -- George
  • Muffy gmatkovits 2009/07/14 06:32:38
    Muffy
    Excuse me, but you are arguing in the wind. You cannot refute the corruption charges so you scream foul.

As for Franken, I am glad he stole that election. He is the best illustration of what has happened to the Democrat party since Barney frank. The more people like him in the party, the less the party is taken seriously.

Enjoy your world of corruption. Sounds like you already are.
  • M-D Muffy 2010/01/01 21:38:46
    M-D
    What state are you in? (Each state has its own voter registration laws.) In Michigan, registration is the responsibility of the locally elected clerk, or in the case of cities, the appointed clerk. Any groups like Acorn can distribute voter registration applications and/or fraudulently fill them out. But they cannot actually register anyone since they are not sworn election officials.

By Michigan Law, the actual "registration" can only occur when a voter signs their application before a sworn election official. In the case where a voter submits their registration application by mail (or hand delivery by a group such as a college fraternity or sorority, the boy scouts, or a group like Acorn), the voter must complete their registration at the polls by signing their application before a sworn election official before they can be allowed to vote.

In Michigan, there is no database showing who provided a voter with a voter registration application. There would be no way to tell who gave them their application.

How do you know who registered the "non person?"
  • Bienven... M-D 2009/05/25 00:16:14
    BienvenuJDC
    +1
    How often do you require actual evidence before believing the media?
  • gmatkovits Bienven... 2009/07/13 17:03:14
    gmatkovits
    I hardly ever believe the MSM! Mostly I read the British Guardian on the Web. They have been around since 1850 and have great record of honesty, They are also none-profit! Try them! -- George
  • Bienven... gmatkovits 2009/07/13 17:09:53
    BienvenuJDC
    I'll check them out...
  • M-D Bienven... 2010/01/02 17:20:54
    M-D
    Actually, I make an effort to distinguish fact from fiction whenever I look at television or listen to the radio. Some statements are easy to check, such as the weather reports--all I have to do is look outside. Some are very difficult to check. The outcome of elections is a good example. Only a few states now have transparent counting of ballots. Most ballots are counted in secret by machines. The programming of those computers is often secret. Take a look at our website, MichiganElectionReformAllianc... for more information.

When I see a media report, I try to suspend judgment until I can evaluate the source and, if possible, the facts. We're constantly faced with claims about drugs, foods, cars, companies, etc. in television advertising. These ads are created by skilled professionals who use many different tools to influence viewers. Ads are now mixed into news programs and it is very difficult to tell which messages are part of the program and which are commercials.
  • johnnyboy M-D 2009/10/08 18:12:23
    johnnyboy
    Yea you old grey beard, white guilt lib,,,,,does ACTUAL FOOTAGE OF MEMBERS OF "THE BLACK PANTHERS" STANDING AT THE DOORS OF VOTING STATIONS WIELDING BILLY CLUBS enough evidence !!????!!!!! HUH..????? And dont tell me that they arent confirmed members of ACORN either. Some people can still think for themselves these days barney.
  • M-D johnnyboy 2010/01/02 17:44:28
    M-D
    You call me names "old grey beard," "white guilt lib" while you hide your own face. That doesn't help communication.

What "ACTUAL FOOTAGE" are you referring to? The "BLACK PANTHERS" are (were) an identifiable political party who were very active and visible in the 60's. ACORN is an organization of more than 400,000 member families, but is not a political party.

You may want to look at their website www.acorn.org to get information from their point of view. The Black Panther Party's website is www.blackpanther.org and it provides information about its goals and organization.

Both ACORN and the Black Panthers have been misrepresented in the press. If you can "still think for yourself," why don't you make an effort to learn about them rather than just calling names?

If you really have "ACTUAL FOOTAGE" that can identify "THE BLACK PANTHERS," or members of ACORN, "STANDING AT THE DOORS OF VOTING STATIONS WIELDING BILLY CLUBS," why don't you share it? Sodahead allows the sharing of videos, just click on the link at the bottom of the reply box "Add Photos and Videos."

In Michigan, that would be evidence of a felony crime. Such evidence should be investigated, if it exists.
  • DavidK M-D 2011/02/19 19:55:43
    DavidK
    even in liberal Minnesota, ACORN was ousted years ago.......
  • DavidK M-D 2011/02/19 19:53:56
    DavidK
    Not hard to find if you have a computer!!!!!
  • Marie 2009/05/17 07:35:33
    Marie
    +3
    and ACORN should not be funded via my tax dollar to sway elections.
  • cosmice... Marie 2009/05/23 06:20:52
  • gmatkovits Marie 2009/07/13 17:13:35
    gmatkovits
    ACORN is not tax funded. It is supported by people like I with normal, NOT tax refundable donations! The amount of lies by Repukes on this list is simply unbelievable! Do you people ever say anything what is not an absolute lie? What kind of parents did you have? Did they not teach you any morals? Very Sad! Good old Lincoln must be rapidly rotating in his grave! Be shamed of yourselves! -- George
  • Marie gmatkovits 2009/07/14 03:01:36
    Marie
    Oy, liberals are really out to lunch aren't they?

Buddy, first helping fund such a corrupt organization is not something I'd advise bragging about as it does not say ANYTHING good about you. It proves the very thing you accused me of - not having any values. Second, where were you when they were trying to put another 'earmark' to ACORN in the 'porkulus bill'? Thanks to conservatives it was removed. At least in this one instance my tax dollar was saved from such corruption.

FYI, I had parents who taught self responsibility, unlike the parents of liberals and the likes of you - who taught their children to not work because then the masses will pay your way!

For the future - it's always wise to educate yourself before you open your mouth (or in this case let your fingers run wild attacking me... ...as it is a sure fire way to be blocked - and ya are!).
  • Just Me. 2009/05/17 04:50:56
    Just Me.
    +4
    Let's see you be different than your co-conspirators. Will you eschew your personal gains to stand up for integrity in voting? If not, what are you scared of?
  • Jackie 2009/05/17 04:48:56
    I shoud investigate ACORN
    Jackie
    +5
    Sadly, the more ACORN recruits uninformed and uneducated people to vote and ensure their vote(paid for by us) will keep getting the Dem party elected.
  • Max Jackie 2009/05/17 12:59:15
    Max
    +3
    Not to mention the multiple votes, dead voters, non-existant voters, ID theft voters etc....
  • Jackie Max 2009/05/18 02:16:06
    Jackie
    +1
    It's pretty scary. We need an 'Obama' type to get our message across. I watched Michael Steel on Meet the Press today, and I REALLY like him and his common sense approach. But he doesn't get the adulation from the MSM that Obama gets, because he's a conservative. Very frustrating.
  • Steve☮END THE FED☮ 2009/05/17 04:40:14
    Steve☮END THE FED☮
    +4
    Please put the tax payer money where your mouth is.
  • cosmice... Steve☮E... 2009/05/23 06:17:52
  • RightMind 2009/05/17 04:33:37 (edited)
    RightMind
    +6
    But you won't, because acorn is a wing of the democrat party, simple! acorn wing democrat party simple
  • cosmice... RightMind 2009/05/23 06:20:18
  • RightMind cosmice... 2009/05/23 06:22:33
    RightMind
    +2
    Didnt fall far from the tree did he?
  • cosmice... RightMind 2009/05/23 06:28:10
    cosmiceyes versus Marxist sock puppets!
    +3
    No! He is so corrupt! I am sure you'll find oak bark in his butt! LOL :)'s
    corrupt oak bark butt lol
  • RightMind cosmice... 2009/05/23 06:30:30
    RightMind
    +1
    Ha! No Doubt!

2014/10/31 08:29:37