Most Latinos are Catholic. And even among those who aren't, most of them are pro-life. Obama is very much pro-abortion. So will they give up their religious and pro-life beliefs to vote for Obama because he is giving amnesty to Latino illegal aliens?

tncdel 2012/06/16 02:12:12
How can anyone who claims they are Catholic or Christian going to vote against their beliefs for a baby-murdering DEVIL just because he promises amnesty for illegal aliens?

• HippiesKnowAll 2012/06/16 02:23:16
    NO, I think most Latinos will be true to their religious and pro=life beliefs...
    HippiesKnowAll
    +6
    I'm Catholic and a Latina. I'm not voting for Obama.

• frank 2012/06/16 17:54:48
    frank
    +1
    The legal aliens (who went to the trouble to get green cards) that I have talked to do not like the illegal aliens breaking the law and feel that they should do it the legal way.
  • CiaoTopaz 2012/06/16 13:10:24
    CiaoTopaz
    +1
    My prayers are that people will stay true to their faith and Gods word ... to protect life.
  • triplet granny 2012/06/16 07:53:28
    triplet granny
    +5
    This amnesty is a slap in the face to immigrants who went through the naturalization process legally. I have many friends of Mexican heritage and their opinion of Obama is as low as mine. They will not vote for him because he's destroying America. The abortion issue reinforces their opinion but I don't think it will have much effect on those who are convinced he's the Messiah.
  • 'Zedd 2012/06/16 07:36:37
  • Wretha S 2012/06/16 06:32:04
    Wretha S
    +2
    Who knows... yes or no...

I have to laugh, or else cry, I'm reading the responses that state being pro-choice isn't the same thing as pro-abortion or pro-baby murder... I really hate to burst those bubbles, but it IS the same thing, it's saying that it's OK to CHOOSE to kill a baby, it's OK to CHOOSE to murder a baby, you don't get to turn your head and pretend otherwise by saying you are giving the woman a choice. Here is where the CHOICE should have come in, she had the CHOICE to be sexually active, she had the CHOSE not to use birth control, she CHOSE to take the risk of becoming pregnant, now of course I'm not talking about rape or incest, those are very different situations, I'm referring to everyone else who CHOOSES to be sexually active and CHOOSES not to be responsible about her body or the results of being sexually active.

A great deal of Latinos, Catholic or not, are very family oriented, they want babies, I can't imagine many of them would be pro-choice.

Wretha
  • Don Leuty 2012/06/16 05:53:45
    Don Leuty
    +3
    You can only use people for so long before they catch on. Hispanics are not dumb and are beginning toreject being treated that way.
  • Tony Cicarella 2012/06/16 03:39:39
    YES, most Latinos will give up their religious and pro-life beliefs to vote f...
    Tony Cicarella
    +1
    I guess time will tell. I think true Christian's will not vote for Obama. A true Christian is some one who is actively practicing Christianity. There are many who just claim it but have no faith in the bible or the tenants of Christianity. These rvthe ones that will justify their vote for Obama with ridiculous arguments about separation of church and state.
  • Cyan9 2012/06/16 03:37:36
    Cyan9
    No one is actually pro-abortion. They may be pro-choice but they certainly not pro-abortion.
  • CiaoTopaz Cyan9 2012/06/16 13:07:47
    CiaoTopaz
    +2
    You and I will have to simply agree to disagree. Ive seen and met too many people that will fight tooth and nail for abortion rights, THAT is being PRO-abortion.
  • tncdel Cyan9 2012/06/16 15:30:32
    tncdel
    +1
    If you call something an eagle, but it has feathers like a duck, feet like a duck and a bill like a duck, some folks are bound to "mistake it" for a duck.
  • sockpuppet 2012/06/16 03:25:09
    sockpuppet
    +1
    He has the minorities in his pocket. They won't vote Republican, regardless of his social policies.
  • snipe 2012/06/16 03:19:48
    snipe
    +2
    obama needs to stop listening to Valerie Jarrett, this thing was probably her whole idea.
  • tncdel snipe 2012/06/16 15:32:47
    tncdel
    +3
    He listens to this guy, and surrounds himself with Valerie Jarretts who will "yes we can" chorus.

Obama Soros puppet
  • john Kills 2012/06/16 03:18:46
    john Kills
    +3
    They did in the last election and I expect they will again.
  • Leslie 2012/06/16 03:17:53
    Leslie
    +2
    The Latino stance on abortion has begun to shift to being pro-choice. It's like with same-sex marriage, many people thought it'd make Obama lose a large part of the Latino vote but many Latinos actually support it. The biggest issue Latinos are usually concerned with is immigration.
  • tncdel Leslie 2012/06/16 15:36:16
    tncdel
    +1
    Although you would like for that to be the case, progressive that you are, that's not what polls say. In fact, the exact opposite is happening. Latinos and others have shifted dramatically from being slightly pro-abortion overall in 2008 to now significantly pro-life.

Google it if you really want to find out the truth staying abreast on the issue, or hold onto your unfounded assumption if you don't.
  • Leslie tncdel 2012/06/16 22:34:21
    Leslie
    This, from 2007, shows 57% say abortion should be illegal.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/20...

This, from 2012, show 51% say abortion should be illegal

http://www.pewhispanic.org/20...

Most pro-life Latinos are foreign born and older while the later generations are younger lean more pro-choice.

This survey found that 74% of Latinos agrees that a ...
    to make her ow... However, the institute conducting this survey is strongly pro-choice while the Pew Hispanic Center is nonpartisan.

http://latinainstitute.org/si...
  • tncdel Leslie 2012/06/17 04:15:16
    tncdel
    5 years ago? Try 2012.

By 2009 Gallup already reported that the tide had shifted. See:
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/11...

Here's 2011:
    http://www.lifenews.com/2011/...

And here's NOW:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com...
  • Leslie tncdel 2012/06/17 06:34:07
    Leslie
    I used references from 2007 and 2012 that focused on Latinos, the group your question is about. The links you provided are about Americans as a whole.
  • Kane Fernau 2012/06/16 03:16:47
    Kane Fernau
    +2
    Latinos are more Conservative than some would like you to believe.
  • Jeff Smith 2012/06/16 03:10:00
    Jeff Smith
    +3
    Obama is very much pro-anything retarded and stupid. Most of the Mexicans and Latino's I know legal and illegal can't stand the man. He's not doing them any favors Bush didn't
  • Flowers 2012/06/16 03:03:20
    Flowers
    +2
    Life is dramatic enough already, why does everyone want to make it more so? Baby murderer? Sigh... I don't like Obama but seriously. Being pro choice doesn't make one a baby murderer.
  • Red_Horse Flowers 2012/06/16 17:13:19
  • Red Branch 2012/06/16 03:01:03
    Red Branch
    +2
    This is a holding action for them. They will keep on turning our more Mexicans because numbers will grant them victory in their 'Reconquista'.
  • Red_Horse Red Branch 2012/06/16 17:20:13
  • Red Branch Red_Horse 2012/06/16 18:44:27
    Red Branch
    +1
    No, Obama only won with 5% of the vote in 2008, he really has no room for any losses and he will face losses.
  • Red_Horse Red Branch 2012/06/16 22:24:08
  • Red Branch Red_Horse 2012/06/17 02:14:08
    Red Branch
    +1
    I agreed completely.

I meant "No it won't be that hard for Romney to win. Obama did not win by much in 2008.
  • Red_Horse Red Branch 2012/06/17 02:15:24
  • Of Thee I Sing... 2012/06/16 02:23:33
    Of Thee I Sing...
    +5
    Most Mexican Americans don't want the illegals here anyway.
  • HippiesKnowAll 2012/06/16 02:23:16
    HippiesKnowAll
    +6
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2012/06/16 02:20:37
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +4
    I am afraid many will,,,,,just like many old democrats will vote for him. The majority of them shouldn't be voting anyways because they don't have a freakin' clue.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/06/16 02:17:00
    HarleyCharley
    +2
    they wont...

2014/08/02 02:43:02