Morgan Freeman: Obama not first black president. Reason: white mother. Is Obama black?

MkB 2012/07/11 00:06:39
Related Topics: Obama, UK, President, Mother, News

• goblue1968 2012/07/17 00:53:43
    No.
    goblue1968
    I have liked many of the movies in which I have seen Mr.Freeman as a very capable actor. In this case, I agree with him regarding "first black president". Since his mother is "white", Obama is therefore not "black". According to the Webster's dictionary, Obama is technically a "mulatto", not a "black".

So, let's all join with Morgan Freeman to celebrate out first mulatto president!
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/07/13 03:15:47
    Yes.
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    Obama is half black and Morgan Freeman is an Idiot.
  • firebird Aqua Su... 2012/07/17 13:19:31
    firebird
    +1
    I disagree... Morgan Freeman is a Democrat but he is NOT an idiot. He tells it like it is..... Obama is NOT full black and many blacks resent the fact his passes himself off as black.... So , Obama CANNOT legitmately claim BLACK... he is bi racial......
  • Aqua Su... firebird 2012/07/19 00:04:48
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    Bi-racial is half black/half something.
  • Nimitz 2012/07/12 05:21:05
    Yes.
    Nimitz
    +2
    . . .And to think Freeman used to be one of my all-time favorite actors. Sigh!
  • firebird 2012/07/11 23:23:55
    No.
    firebird
    ONLY half........ as Morgain Freeman said, He is not really the first black president....

SO that makes him what????? HALF BLACK.... in many blacks eyes he is not black but only half.... Raised rich and by WHITE WOMEN......the very white women he claimed to hate... His MOTHER.
  • Elz 2012/07/11 21:18:50
    No.
    Elz
    +1
    he's half black half white.
  • elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard 2012/07/11 21:17:00
    No.
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    He is an alien from Alpha Centauri. lol
  • BongRipper 2012/07/11 20:55:03
    No.
    BongRipper
    +1
    Black is a color. Obama is more of a brown.
  • HiYa 2012/07/11 20:35:14
    Yes.
    HiYa
    Morgan Freeman is a real dumb ass!

Why do people assume celebrities are anymore intelligent than the loud mouthed, smelly cabdriver who rants about politics while taking you to the airport? If the lynch mob is looking to lynch blacks, Barack Obama could hide right along side my black @$$.
  • firebird HiYa 2012/07/17 13:24:53
    firebird
    Now if Morgan Freeman has be praising Obama then would have really liked him.. Morgan Freeman is very well educated and a fine actor. He is not a dumb ass... He is just very honest . I am however against celebrities voicing opinion on politics.... SOME are idiots for sure!! I really like Brad Pitts opinion on that too..... He said: Actors have have no business talking about politics unless they absolutely KNOW what they are talking about..... LOL Actors are nothing but but guys or gals that put on makeup for a living.. NOW that is a smart Democrat !!! LMAO! Brad Pitt......
  • HiYa firebird 2012/07/17 15:32:59
    HiYa
    I am don't think Freeman's intention (in this statement) was to put Obama down, but he is simply not speaking the truth.
    I know because my father is biracial; my maternal grandmother is white. I know for a first hand fact that my dad is treated, regarded and looks like a fully black man every day of his life, and there were times in his life (being a young man during the civil rights movement) where there were lynch mobs hunting to harm or kill blacks, and my father was never taken out of danger based on his white parent.

Perhaps I confused you somewhere. I am not speaking on Freeman's acting skills, he is without a doubt a very fine actor... I am not speaking on his education, I have no idea what his educational background is, but I must note here that someone having a degree doesn't exclude them from being a dumb ass.
    I have a Master's Degree and I that does not mean I am infallible and have the ability to speak on all things with accuracy. I know many PhD's who sound like dumb asses if/when they speak on things they have no knowledge of. A smart person doesn't provide their limited opinion as a fact. Only people with very little education would accept intellect as formal education... Sadly one doesn't necessarily include the other. I am su...

I have a Master's Degree and I that does not mean I am infallible and have the ability to speak on all things with accuracy. I know many PhD's who sound like dumb asses if/when they speak on things they have no knowledge of. A smart person doesn't provide their limited opinion as a fact. Only people with very little education would accept intellect as formal education... Sadly one doesn't necessarily include the other. I am sure you must have heard of mother wit or street smarts. That knowledge has practical application, and may save lives in a way that E=mc2 never will. Intelligence is often knowing when you don't have enough first hand information or knowledge to speak conclusively on a given situation.

Having said that, in my opinion, Freeman is a real dumb-ass.
  • ehrhornp 2012/07/11 17:26:18
    Yes.
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Many if not most blacks have mixed heritage. Now a better argument is that he has not really lived the black experience. I mean he was born in Hawaii, raised in Hawaii and Indonesia, something few blacks experience.
  • SW 2012/07/11 16:36:46
    Yes.
    SW
    +2
    Michelle obama said it best: "What color is a cab driver gonna see when he passes him up at the curb?"
  • HiYa SW 2012/07/11 20:35:56
    HiYa
    THANK YOU!
  • purpleicecreamvan<3 2012/07/11 15:37:13
    Yes.
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    +3
    you don't need a lot of black in you for some people to be prejudiced against you. that's the whole point; the fact that a man has overcome that prejudice to become the president of america.
  • Wayne TH G 333 2012/07/11 15:01:29
    Yes.
    Wayne TH G 333
    +3
    If I had just witnessed Obama shoplifting a jar of pickles in Walmart and I had to give a description of him to the police, I would desribe him as a black man.
  • amazinggrace 2012/07/11 14:46:48
    No.
    amazinggrace
    No, he is bi-racial. but no matter what race he is I still don't like him
  • SA 2012/07/11 14:40:15
    No.
    SA
    He is BI-RACIAL.
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/07/11 13:56:52
  • irish 2012/07/11 13:54:49
    No.
    irish
    morgan is right. Bo is bi-racial.
  • Old Poet 2012/07/11 13:41:09
    Yes.
    Old Poet
    +1
    Because with him it is a state of mind not genetics.
  • Seonag 2012/07/11 13:35:33
    No.
    Seonag
    He's bi-racial.
  • Archer ~ The Limit Break of... 2012/07/11 13:24:52
    Yes.
    Archer ~ The Limit Break of PHAET
    +4
    Sorry, have to disagree with Morgan Freeman here. I respect him, but President Obama is black.

My rule of thumb - and this isn't meant to offend, just to put things in perspective: what water fountain would you have been asked to use in 1940? Yeah, I know, it's not a pleasant topic, nor is it something most decent human beings like to think about. But it IS part of our past, and I figure if you're 'black enough' to have warranted unsolicited, racist behavior in 1940, then damnit, you're black enough to be considered 'the first black President' now.
  • SW Archer ... 2012/07/11 16:38:08
  • Archer ... SW 2012/07/11 18:11:41
    Archer ~ The Limit Break of PHAET
    +3
    That's the thing. If you were black enough to be discriminated against, to be spat on, kicked, etc... then what the hell changed in recent years? Suddenly, you're not black anymore? I would beg to differ.
  • Latti I... Archer ... 2012/07/11 18:20:29 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Good point Arch; I didn't even think about it on those terms, he would have been considered Black and nothing more.
  • Archer ... Latti I... 2012/07/11 18:26:28
    Archer ~ The Limit Break of PHAET
    +3
    Pretty much, yeah. If you're black enough to be discriminated against, you're black. Pure and simple.
  • HiYa Archer ... 2012/07/17 15:40:29
    HiYa
    +2
    There is also the one drop rule.
  • Kat 2012/07/11 11:15:47
    No.
    Kat
    +1
    He is half black
  • Spizzzo BN-0 2012/07/11 10:57:52
    Yes.
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +5
    As are ALL multi-racial African-Americans, President Obama is fully justified, by our OWN standards to identify as Black. That's just how it works, whatever Morgan Freeman may say.

Few African Americans know exactly what proportion of their heritage is from Africa.
  • BobbyOdd 2012/07/11 09:47:37
    No.
    BobbyOdd
    he is a construct.
  • Stan Kapusta 2012/07/11 04:53:06
    Yes.
    Stan Kapusta
    +2
    Technically were all mutts.
  • Max7 2012/07/11 04:42:38
    Yes.
    Max7
    +4
    Obviously Morgan Freeman does not know the law regarding Bi-racial children, or that your race is usually determined by the father. According to law, if you have one drop of Black blood, you are designated Black. So, Barach H. Obama is indeed Black. On the other side of that token is Black women who birthed children in the slavery days by the Master, "if" that baby came into the world lilly White, they were taken into Masters home and his wife raised that child and her/his birth was determined as White. The biological mother still had the opportunity to raise and love that child by working in that home.. Morgan has forgotten how it went down.
  • SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPengu... 2012/07/11 04:34:51
    No.
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin 平和
    if you want to get technical, not at all
  • mustangluver 2012/07/11 02:33:09
    No.
    mustangluver
    +4
    My black friends said right from the beginning that BO does not represent them as he is bi-racial and not an authentic afro American. So in fact he is the first bi-racial pres. And even though he was raised by white ppl, he chose to be black only.
  • Spizzzo... mustang... 2012/07/11 10:50:23
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +3
    Your friends are not very well informed.
  • Idiot r... Spizzzo... 2012/07/11 11:31:49
    Idiot repubs
    +2
    His black friends?

Colbert black friends
  • Spizzzo... Idiot r... 2012/07/20 10:01:17
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    Well maybe not HIS (pictured) Black friends. Who would DARE question HIM?
  • mustang... Spizzzo... 2012/07/11 17:18:44
    mustangluver
    LOL How so?

2014/11/28 11:10:15