More Proof That The MSM Is In Obama's Back Pocket.

zbacku 2012/06/08 03:14:05
Care To Comment?
What Do You Think.
Journalism Is Dead In America.
CBS CHIEF MOONVES ATTENDS OBAMA FUNDRAISER, OUTS JOURNALISM AS 'PARTISAN'
by JOHN NOLTE

Last night in Los Angeles as our economy burned, President Barack Obama continued along his record-setting fundraising pace(events, not cash raised) with a stop among the glittery Top 1% at a LGBT fundraiser that included Ellen Degeneres, Cher, Chaz Bono, andCBS Corp. CEO and chairman Les Moonves. Part of what Moonves does is oversee the CBS News division, which makes the fact that he attended a political fundraiser fascinating, but not as fascinating as what he told The Los Angeles Times:

CBS chief Les Moonves and his wife, Julie Chen, waited patiently for their wristbands. Obama, Moonves said, "has shown great leadership" on the issue of gay marriage.

Though he heads a news division, Moonves said, "ultimately journalism has changed … partisanship is very much a part of journalism now."

He hastened to add that despite his presence, "I run a news division. I've given no money to any candidate."

It's plausible Moonves could've attended this bigtime fundraiser as a guest, meaning someone else paid for his ticket so he could maintain that he has "given no money to any candidate." But what's the head of a major news division doing at this kind of partisan event to begin with? He certainly wasn't there to cover it for CBS. And what's he thinking publicly gushing over Obama's "great leadership" on the divisive issue of same-sex marriage?

Anyway, his statement about how "partisanship is very much a part of journalism now" is not only interesting considering he said it at a Obama fundraiser, but it's also a falsehood.

Partisanship has always been a part of journalism, especially at CBS News. It's just that the network always has and always will hide its partisanship behind a phony shield of objectivity and nonsense loopholes such as, "I'm at this bigtime fundraiser but have never given money to any candidate."

But what Moonves is doing here is finally (and probably by accident) admitting that the media is partisan. It's also interesting that he's outing journalism in general, not just the openly partisan media that has blossomed online or on talk radio.

He's calling "journalism" partisan -- and indeed it is.

So the only surprise is that someone with Moonves's status is finally admitting it.

More irony: Moonves outing all of journalism at an LGBT event.

Read More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/06/07...

• bill 2012/06/10 20:32:31
    Journalism Is Dead In America.
    bill
    +1
    Moonves gets paid 70 million a year to lie to and deceive the American people.
  • Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~ 2012/06/10 03:04:12
    Care To Comment?
    Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~
    +2
    I know a local weatherman, they are so brainwashed it's not even funny.

Obama media group
  • stevmackey 2012/06/10 03:02:31
    Care To Comment?
    stevmackey
    +1
    He has changed the free comment of the net work. He is more left than Obama. You can evidence this in Dave Letterman's comments. I used to love the Letterman of the afternoon era. He was a total nerd that stayed out of politics.It is different now! He is now a puppet of Moonves. Things have changed.
  • What Do You Think.
    One of Y'shua's,דָּנִיֵּאל
    +2
    I SAY WHATEVER YOU HAVE POSTED I CAN SAY SO MANY WAYS..let me count the ways...

1. correct, great post....
    2. TRU DAT!!
    3. YEP..
    4. Fo Reo
    5. now that's what I am talkin' 'bout...
    6. an affirmative..
    7. That's a big 10-4..
    8. You betcha....
    9. I feel you..
    10. YES..

and the list could go on, but I have to wait for the COFFEE To kick-in , but I got your back...
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/06/08 13:20:47
    Journalism Is Dead In America.
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    +3
    Non-partisan, perfectly objective journalism is a late 20th-century myth that never held any truth.

obama cnn bed
  • The Duke 2012/06/08 11:47:07
    Care To Comment?
    The Duke
    +2
    The MSM has been in Zer0-bama's back pocket since before he ran for the Presidency, and has remained there to the present day.
  • hasher 2012/06/08 11:39:54
    Care To Comment?
    hasher
    +2
    this isnt news we already know this. dont need no more proof.
  • Rebel 2012/06/08 05:24:53
    Journalism Is Dead In America.
    Rebel
    +3
    It died as soon as it claimed a side and stopped reporting neutrally.

2014/04/21 15:06:34