More Jobs for Americans: Stand with President Obama to Continue the Fight for Jobs

Mopvyzo 2011/10/13 00:17:25
Barack Obama For President ...

SLIDESHOW: More Jobs for Americans: Stand w/ Obama

1 of 1

1. More Jobs for Americans: Stand with President Obama to Continue the Fight for Jobs

Stand with the President, join this fight now: http://my.barackobama.com/potusjobsvid

This fight goes on.

Senate Republicans have blocked a critical jobs bill that would put Americans back to work right now.

But President Obama isn't taking no for an answer from Congress on jobs. Watch a video message from him, laying out what's next in this fight—then say you'll stand with him as we continue to fight for jobs.

"Hello everybody, right now there's nothing more important than getting the economy moving and putting Americans back to work. That's why I sent Congress the American Jobs Act, a bill that independent economists have said would grow the economy and lead to nearly two million jobs over the next few years. Last night a majority of United States Senators voted to advance this jobs bill. But even though the American Jobs Act contains the kind of proposals Republicans have supported in the past their party used Senate maneuvers to block this jobs bill from moving forward.

They said no to more jobs for teachers, no to more jobs for cops and firefighters, no to more jobs for construction workers and veterans, no to tax cuts for small business owners and middle class Americans. Now a lot of folks in Washington and the media will look at last night's vote and say, "Well that's it, the bill is dead. Let's move on to the next fight." I've got news for them: not this time.

Not with so many Americans out of work not with so many families struggling to get ahead. I will not take "no" for an answer and I hope you won't either.

This fight will go on. In the coming days we will force members of Congress to vote on the individual proposals in the American Jobs Act. They'll have a chance to vote on whether they believe we should keep teachers out of work or whether we should put them back in the classroom where they belong. They'll get to vote on whether they believe construction workers should stay unemployed while our roads and bridges fall apart. Or whether we should put these men and women back to work rebuilding America.

They'll be forced to decide whether we should cut taxes for middle class Americans or let them go up next year. In fact that's exactly what one of the leading Republican Presidential candidates suggested we do during last night's debate: allow taxes to rise by up to a thousand dollars next year for struggling middle class families. That's not how you build an economy where middle class families can get ahead. That's not how we put people to work. And we don't have to except that future. I certainly won't.

Last night I had a chance to sit down and have a beer with some construction workers in Orlando, Florida. These are the people this fight is about: proud Americans who want the chance to work hard and get ahead. There are construction projects all across this country that they could be working on right now. The only thing standing in their way is this Congress. We can change this. We have to change this but it's up to you.

Already so many of you have done so much to fight for this jobs bill, and I want to thank you for that. But now we need to push even harder. It's your voice that will make a difference to those Senators and Congressmen. You're their boss and only you can make them do their jobs. So if you want action on jobs make yourself heard: make a call, write a letter, send an email --just don't give up. After all we're Americans and we don't quit. We stand up for what we believe in and we get through the tough times together.

With your help we can do that right now. We can put people back to work. Give this economy the jolt that it needs and start building an America with a growing, thriving middle class. So let's get busy. Thanks."

Read More: http://www.barackobama.com/join-obama

• dogs voice 2011/10/19 19:49:18
    dogs voice
    RIght now the eis nothing more important then getting this windbag out of office and replaced with someone who can do a better job with policies that actually will get the economy working and job back for Americans. NOBAMA in 2012!! Pass it along.
  • davidl 2011/10/18 12:29:12
    davidl
    Idiot poster doesn't realize the DEMOCRATS blocked Obama's bill too. It was that bad!
  • mac9 2011/10/18 02:29:48
    mac9
    And you believe him? Did the other $787 billion help you out? Nuff said!
  • Not-A-RINO 2011/10/17 00:55:27
    Not-A-RINO
    I see my chance to respond has been thwarted. Note to "FindThe"...

The Keynesian approach to recovery has been clearly shown to be a dismal failure. Obama and his merry band of Leftists in the Congress have spent trillions with NO positive effect on the economy. Our economy is based on faith and trust in leadership. When you buy a large ticket item, the signature on the contract is the only thing of value. However, many people like these and even wealthier people are tight-fisted in this economy because they look at Washington and there's little or no faith these people will make tomorrow any better than today. They see the high costs of ObamaCare, more and more taxes, deficits through the roof, and no sensible leadership.

If Obama truly wanted to stimulate the economy, he would reign in deficit spending, reduce debt, keep a balanced budget, stop socializing medicine, get rid of all the Marxist czars and appear to look like he knows what he's doing on the world stage. Remember, it was a free people who created the wealthiest, most powerful nation in history by inventing, creating, taking risks, and discovering with little government interference. Class envy, higher taxes and bigger government stifles business and job creation with uncertainty and higher costs. (Look up which...

If Obama truly wanted to stimulate the economy, he would reign in deficit spending, reduce debt, keep a balanced budget, stop socializing medicine, get rid of all the Marxist czars and appear to look like he knows what he's doing on the world stage. Remember, it was a free people who created the wealthiest, most powerful nation in history by inventing, creating, taking risks, and discovering with little government interference. Class envy, higher taxes and bigger government stifles business and job creation with uncertainty and higher costs. (Look up which document advocates a progressive income tax - I'll save you the effort - it's the Communist Manifesto, a document that hardly espouses freedom.) If you learn anything from me it's that FREEDOM which made America great, not government.
  • Sandy 2011/10/17 00:17:19
    Sandy
    +1
    Count me in.
  • Not-A-RINO 2011/10/16 20:53:44
    Not-A-RINO
    Stimulus 3.0 to create jobs at the tune of more than $200,000/job. One of these days the Left will realize wealth and gainful employment is created by businesses - not government. I really don't have any hope at all this basic concept will ever be understood by Obama or his followers.
    .
    Obama my job is done
  • findthe... Not-A-RINO 2011/10/17 00:36:19 (edited)
    findthelight2000
    The only way out of recession is to spend. The continuation of Bush policies are not working. We must invest in the future to get America working again, raise taxes on the top 3%, bring back some of the regulations Regan got rid of, split up the mega-corporations, start insisting on actually true "fair trade", and ban American Corporations from selling their products here unless they bring back some good-paying jobs and the back taxes they are hoarding overseas.

or,

We can continue to "cut spending" and "give to the rich" our way to ruin!
  • Michael... findthe... 2011/10/21 00:23:15
  • findthe... Michael... 2011/10/21 02:26:53 (edited)
    findthelight2000
    MichaelDillon doesn't know his history. How sad.

glenn beck crying
  • concerned 2011/10/15 23:17:08
    concerned
    +2
    Obama is all we have fighting for the middle class .. and trying to created JOBS ... the republicans don't want job creation because then they would have nothing to run on in 2012 .... so they make the USA suffer for one man's job ... they are total ass holes ...
  • EricVanSingleton 2011/10/15 19:50:38
    EricVanSingleton
    +2
    I'm glad he's not giving up.
  • Michael 2011/10/15 14:37:07
    Michael
    +1
    The only jobs Obama is fight for are the union & government jobs that use their dues to pay for his re election! The most jobs are the ones small businesses create, and he has saddled small business with so many regulations, forced insurance payments, and uncertainty that they can't hire workers that they might be saddled with (or have to pay employment benefits to) if people don't spend.
  • Dave 007 2011/10/15 12:02:19
    Dave 007
    +1
    He's a joke along with anything he does.
  • GeorgeAMartini 2011/10/15 09:53:20
    GeorgeAMartini
    +1
    He's had 2.5 years to do this and he chose to do other things. I do not believe he sincerely cares about the American economy. If he did he'd immediately stop the harassment of Gibson guitar, lift the ban on off shore drilling and so many other destructive things he's done to quash the American economy and spirit. Any one who believes he cares has blinders on in my opinion.
  • Avenged7 2011/10/15 00:23:52
    Avenged7
    +2
    The right wing crazies in congress, promised the American people when they ran for office that they would create jobs, but after they lied there way into congress. no jobs bills. All I have heard, since they got into office, is abortion, the debt, light bulbs, but no jobs bill.

Now since Obama came out with his jobs bill, it backed the right wingers into a corner, because they have never come up with a jobs bill, even though they lied that they would, so now they scurried around to finally come up with a bill. what did they come up with, but the same old worn out right wing baloney. Tax cuts for big corporations, and deregulation. Jeez what a surprise. Wow, are they original!!!! All take Obama's bill any day over the crap these guys came up with!!!
  • LastRanger 2011/10/14 16:17:42
    LastRanger
    Well he has done it again. Every speech he gives he inserts a totally fallacious argument that his spending will create jobs for teachers, cops, and fire fighters.
    Ok, the take a look at your property tax bill. Your teachers, firefighters, and cops are paid for by your local (city, county, and or state), not the president. The federal government does NOT pay for your local law enforcement, fire fighters, nor teachers. Period.
    When will people quit falling for this nonsensical argument? I realize the lie has emotional appeal. But, it is still a lie! What he IS saying is, it will do the same thing his last stimulus did; send more money to the unions of the teachers, firefighters and cops.
    Analyst, Ph.D.
  • bob h. LastRanger 2011/10/28 14:26:34
    bob h.
    But for thousands of others, their property tax didn't go up at all. As a matter of fact their homes were stolen outright. How did a stimulus profit the unions?
  • dandieselonian 2011/10/14 11:29:13
    dandieselonian
    +3
    I agree with the president
  • drdos1943 2011/10/14 00:46:25
    drdos1943
    The real question is whether or not to stand by Obama or stand on him.
  • AMERICAN.FREEDOM 2011/10/13 23:26:42
    AMERICAN.FREEDOM
    SUCKAS

what about those shovel ready jobs with the last trillion you stole?
  • JDHARTLV 2011/10/13 22:25:07
    JDHARTLV
    +1
    The only job he cares about is his own, he has nothing but smoke and mirrors.
  • Evan 2011/10/13 18:09:33
    Evan
    "Stand with Pres. Obama on what....."???? His "jobs bill" isn't about jobs for Americans. It's about the elimination of state sovereignty. Come on, Dan. I thought you knew better.
  • Callaway 2011/10/13 17:30:22
    Callaway
    +1
    I didn't buy his amateurish Chitown hustle nearly four years ago I'm sure not starting now.
  • Michael 2011/10/13 17:07:44
    Michael
    +1
    1. I think the Republicans have their own American Jobs Act that they introduced in the House
    2. Obama's Jobs Act will cost $447 Billion
    3. Obama talks about funding for schools and jobs for teachers, yet his jobs bill is discriminatory in this regard: it only would fund Public schools. Private and Religious schools are denied their fair share of the money.
  • bob h. Michael 2011/10/28 14:28:34
    bob h.
    OK you vote for the GOP jobs bill. People have been waiting 10 years to see that one.
  • Michael bob h. 2011/10/28 15:45:23
    Michael
    I'de rather create my own jobs bill.
  • mamacrash 2011/10/13 15:48:20
    mamacrash
    +2
    Yes I am behind him, I just want to kick the Congress and Senate in the ass and get them on board to get Americans back to work. Work together people don't just say no to make Pres Obama look bad.
  • mark 1 2011/10/13 15:46:38
    mark 1
    BIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All bull shit!!!!!!!!!!
    How about jobs for non union shops not more money for people with jobs.
  • bob h. mark 1 2011/10/28 14:29:17
    bob h.
    Non-union jobs pay $7.25.
  • mark 1 bob h. 2011/10/30 03:18:23
    mark 1
    Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • angie45 2011/10/13 15:36:08
    angie45
    +2
    it is a good thing if he sticks to it.we need en couragement,not dis couragement.
  • drew 2011/10/13 15:00:55
    drew
    Please take this rhetorical evolutionist offline.
    He's breaking us at hyper speed verses what GW Bush II and the rest combined did.
  • bob'45 2011/10/13 14:57:18
    bob'45
    The only job Opraiseme is interested in is his own.
  • Bitwise Operator 2011/10/13 14:52:44
    Bitwise Operator
    +1
    3 years and 2 trillion wasted dollars later (think Solyndra et al) he wants more money for his vote buying slush fund. Hey Barry - stick your one sided political ideology back where it belongs.
  • JasonKaas 2011/10/13 14:24:44
    JasonKaas
    If you are reading this then YOU are in charge of creating jobs. STOP buying Chinese everything and support the US businesses. Call companies and say I'm done with Chinese goods and you want the work done in the US. Stop blaming politicians for everything as they are all the same and forever will be. Make millions of jobs AND reduce the deficit.

WE ARE IN CHARGE
  • bob h. JasonKaas 2011/10/28 14:30:47
    bob h.
    Tru that. Boycott Walmart.
  • Noah Vaile 2011/10/13 14:04:26
    Noah Vaile
    +1
    very funny. Ha ha ha. Creating job? Yes. Several people have been hired, PR firms, advertising firms, lobbyists- to create new TV and other media spots to push this bull... uh, bill. $450B to tax and spend in creating advertising to promote the bill. Great.
  • zebsmom 2011/10/13 14:00:21
    zebsmom
    +2
    Basic macroeconomics: jobs created by increasing taxes are a net loss. Ok, we need to fix our infrastructure. I've seen my income tax shoot up under Obama. I'm spending less. Most of the employers I've talked to are afraid to hire anyone, especially part time workers, knowing they'll probably get hammered by massive medical insurance costs for every employee. Eliminating the tax benefits for companies that move their manufacturing base out of the country would be a lovely start.
  • findthe... zebsmom 2011/10/17 00:49:04
    findthelight2000
    BS! You have not seen your income tax shoot up under Obama! It's time to stop lying. We are still under the G.W. Bush Budget, so don't go trying to get away with saying you are paying more in taxes. In fact, there have been a few tax cuts since Obama took office, no raises!
  • zebsmom findthe... 2011/10/17 04:28:03 (edited)
    zebsmom
    Sorry, but the end of last year my [and every one else I know] withholding was adjusted in October to reflect the higher tax rate for last year. And it's still in effect. The only Bush cuts still in force is the capital gains tax cut and the lowered inheritance tax, though admittedly they aren't quite as high [yet] as they were during Clinton's years or Carter's. I sure haven't heard of anyone getting any tax cuts. What specifically are they?

2014/11/29 01:24:57