Mooch Says “No One Gets Where They Are On Their Own”…

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/09/15 18:29:03
In a campaign speech on Thursday in Fredricksburg, Va., first lady Michelle Obama said that “no one gets where they are on their own” because there is a village of people “lifting us up,” including teachers and janitors.

In her speech about the Obama family’s values, Mrs. Obama said, “We learned that the truth matters, so you don’t take shortcuts, you don’t game the system, you don’t play by your own set of rules. And we learned that no one gets where they are on their own; that each of us has a community of people who are lifting us up — from the teachers who inspire us to the janitors who keep our schools clean.”

Read More: http://cowboybyte.com/12511/you-didnt-build-that-m...

• Dee 2012/09/15 20:30:21
    Dee
    +9
    Boy they sure are trying hard to justify, soften and explain the "you didn't build it" Obama gaff. How many times will that 'theme' be in his and her speeches until the election? I bet all of them.

• Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/09/19 13:32:33
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    In her case true. Thomas Ayers got her her lawyer gig.
  • rightside 2012/09/17 15:13:53
    rightside
    +1
    I read no compassion from that woman. I don't believe she is capable of loving this country and its people.
    She uses her "blackness" as some sort of shield and excuse for her attitude.
  • mwg0735 2012/09/16 08:12:05
  • santa6642 2012/09/16 02:45:42
    santa6642
    +1
    And them so called teachers and janitors would not be able to do their jobs if it was not for the sacrifices of our VETERANS.
  • Tarheel santa6642 2012/09/16 03:10:13
    Tarheel
    Well, that's kind of his point.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/09/16 01:53:34
    Ozzyboy
    +1
    Some one needs to tell these believers in the "village" mentality that the village is turning out an awful lot of village idiots! Responsible Moms and Dads are how people gets to where they are. "You don't play by your own set of rules?" This, from the cohort of the guy who abuses the constitution at every opportunity.
  • ur XLNC-PWCM 2012/09/16 00:00:44
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    +1
    More of; "Do as I say, NOT as I do!"
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/09/15 23:59:48
  • Jezey™ 2012/09/15 23:02:42
    Jezey™
    +4
    Yea right! Whatever you say lady! *sarcasm*
  • dubbie 2012/09/15 22:52:25
    dubbie
    +5
    Sure would get a lot further if they wasn`t here telling us what to do, though
  • ed 2012/09/15 22:40:45
    ed
    +4
    So that would mean if I walked lets say to the store on my own feet and legs then how can I possibly not get to the store on my own if I'm by myself?
  • joseph digristina 2012/09/15 22:29:12
  • whitewu... joseph ... 2012/09/16 00:00:57
  • joseph ... whitewu... 2012/09/16 21:58:48
  • Rebel Yell 2012/09/15 22:12:43
    Rebel Yell
    +3
    Her name is Michelle.

I can only speak for myself, but my parents were great. I was fortunate to go through public schools with terrifc teachers , and I will always remember them. In my community, streets are named after them. Every time I am on Reading Rd. I think of my high school government teacher . Off to the university with some weird proffs but many were outstanding including the course I took on The Cold War and Equine Sciences, my major.

Then I went into business where I had backing and new mentors. My wife opened my eyes to to new trains of thought. I have kids who bring a new perspective to the world they live in.

I get you, Michelle Obama, I certainly do.
  • Tarheel Rebel Yell 2012/09/16 03:12:18
    Tarheel
    Great post! I remember some great teachers, especially those that help me get through the terrible jr. high years. That's why, later in life I decided to become a middle school teacher.
  • Tortoise 2012/09/15 22:09:13
    Tortoise
    +4
    fat ass is a dumb ass!
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2012/09/15 21:54:04
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +8
    When did Mr. Obama learn (if he has) that the truth matters? He didn't mind "gaming the system" to get his Obamacare passed.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2012/09/15 21:52:02
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +7
    And if nobody does anything, waiting for everybody else to do it, no one will get "there" at all.
  • dubbie Dave Sa... 2012/09/15 22:44:16
    dubbie
    +5
    You just exposed the democrat plan
  • MsTlynne 2012/09/15 21:32:09
    MsTlynne
    +2
    What does Mitt's she-dog have to say about it?
  • sue 2012/09/15 21:07:14
    sue
    +7
    yea mooch you stand on our back while you take 10 millon dollars worth of vacations
  • Kiosk Kid 2012/09/15 21:04:57
    Kiosk Kid
    +4
    Can you imagine union teachers lifting students up? Let's look at the facts.

"Chicago public school teachers went on strike on Monday and one of the major issues behind the strike is a new system Chicago plans to use for evaluating public school teachers in which student improvement on standardized tests will count for 40 percent of a teacher’s evaluation. Until now, the evaluations of Chicago public school teachers have been based on what a Chicago Sun Times editorial called a “meaningless checklist.”

In 2011, the U.S. Department of Education administered National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) tests in reading and math to students around the country, including in the Chicago Public Schools. The tests were scored on a scale of 0 to 500, with 500 being the best possible score. Based on their scores, the U.S. Department of Education rated students’ skills in reading and math as either “below basic,” “basic,” “proficient” or “advanced.”

http://theunionlabelblog.com/...

Currently, the Chicago teachers average $76 thousand a year. It need to be cut to $38 thousand and if they can't do better cut it more. There lifting up is "below basic." Their pay should be "below basic."
  • dubbie Kiosk Kid 2012/09/15 22:46:36
    dubbie
    +6
    Kids probably learned more while the teachers were on strike than they do when they were in class
  • Kiosk Kid dubbie 2012/09/15 22:52:40
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    That is true.
  • Tarheel dubbie 2012/09/16 03:16:08
    Tarheel
    That make so little sense, it's ridiculous.
  • dubbie Tarheel 2012/09/16 11:42:04
    dubbie
    +2
    Must of been one of their students ,Back in the day
  • Tarheel dubbie 2012/09/16 20:40:54
    Tarheel
    Yeah, they don't need no education. lol!
  • dubbie Tarheel 2012/09/16 21:08:05
    dubbie
    +1
    Yes they do ,But not Democrat indoctrination
  • Tarheel dubbie 2012/09/16 21:32:09
    Tarheel
    I'll let you in on a secret. There is NO democrat indoctrination.
  • Tarheel Kiosk Kid 2012/09/16 03:15:42
    Tarheel
    The second figure you mention is basically what I make as a teacher. I typically have really good student growth on testing, as I teach a tested subject. Nice that you use a figure that me and many of my teacher friends make as a joke (or punishment). I worked in your beloved "private" sector for about 25 years making really great money in advertising sales. I decided some years ago to go back to school in order to make a difference by teaching. I love it and teachers do make a difference.
  • Kiosk Kid Tarheel 2012/09/16 15:21:33
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    I didn't say as punishment. I basically said to pay them what they are worth.

As a cost accountant, I know that people in the private market will generally get paid according to their productivity level. It is obvious, these union teachers aren't worth half of what they are getting paid.

I never said that teachers don't make a difference. However, it can be a positive or negative difference. Those teachers that teach something useful to get a job are making a positive difference.

Finally, if you teach in a private school, you are being held accountable for the results. The union teachers don't want to be accountable. They just want their raises no matter what the outcome is.
  • Tarheel Kiosk Kid 2012/09/16 20:51:50
    Tarheel
    That's not true at all. Public school teachers are under so much scrutiny and there is so much transparency. I work 10-12 hours a day, I am a language arts teacher and I still have students that I taught five years ago, when I first started that contact me to ask advice. That was a Title 1 school where so many students were going through so much crap, that not only are you teaching them skills but you are also helping to get through things that are so hard, (I've had students whose parents were in terrible custody battles, students taken out of their parents home, homeless students, students in the country for the 1st or 2nd year and not proficient in English, etc.) How would you determine a teacher's worth, what they should get paid? I'm not complaining, I used to make really great money but wanted to go into teaching. I work harder now than when I was in advertising sales (which is really demanding). I can say that teacher's are very underpaid. I'm sure there are some that really do get paid a lot but they've probably been teaching for twenty years or so. Also, the thing about private schools, is that they can be selective and only except the top students and those that do not have discipline problems. Public schools do not. We help every student, no matter their capabilities. We have to differentiate our lesson plans so that every student can show growth.
  • Kiosk Kid Tarheel 2012/09/16 23:43:51
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    Look at your one big paragraph. You won't do well in English. Apparently, the teacher doesn't have a clue how to write.

Does the teacher see how I write?

I think you need to get an education. Otherwise, you are a parasite on children.

BTW, writing isn't my gift, math is!
  • Tarheel Kiosk Kid 2012/09/17 00:06:19
    Tarheel
    Nce, really, nice. You can't think of anything intelligent to say, so you just start insulting. I know how to write and how to teach argumentative writing. This is an opinion site, I'm not actually practicing "formal" writing techniques. I went to college and was a double major right after high school. I went back to college as an adult to get my teaching certification. I'm an extremely dedicated teacher and I do something good for others. What do you do that isn't bitching, being hateful or selfish? You probably struggle with reading comprehension so that's why you make an ignorant comment instead of commenting on the post. Jerk.
  • Kiosk Kid Tarheel 2012/09/17 01:14:13 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    The facts are you write every thing in one big paragraph.

Break you thoughts down and I will be glad to either slam you with facts or support you if you use fact and logic

I am a cost accountant. I produce facts and logic.

Do you see how easy it is to read my replies?

If you want to match you intelligence with mine, no problem but at least write decently.

However, I will start naming your fallacies and providing quotes and references. There are two abilities that are in my nature; facts and logic. Of course, logic is based on facts.

I am going to give you one more chance and then I am going to slam you with facts and identify your fallacies. Do you want to communicate or do you want me to slam you? You're choice!

BTW, I do respect your efforts to improve yourself. My original point was these union teacher are not worth half their pay.
  • Tarheel Kiosk Kid 2012/09/18 00:11:36
    Tarheel
    Do what ever you want. You're an extremely egotistical jerk. Have you taught in a classroom? No, then perhaps you are not really an expert. That being said, I don't agree with them striking but I can understand how people can feel under appreciated. My point with you is who are you to judge and say that they are worth half their pay? I do make half their pay. Quite frankly, it's hard to get by on that. I'm managing, but it is tough. To be a single mom, my daughter does go without a good bit. Fortunately, she is a very level-headed young lady and doesn't get upset over not being able to buy new clothes (except for once in awhile).
  • Kiosk Kid Tarheel 2012/09/18 02:39:55
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    The teacher in Nebraska get far less then $76,000 a year but produce way more productivity.

We the people control our schools. We the people are the customers. We the people pay the teachers to educate our children.

If they don't have the mental where-with-all to educate our children, we the people fire them.

However, our Nebraska public school teacher are far better than union teacher.

We vote for education for our children. We don't support lining the pockets of union teacher.

I would bet if you randomly choose 300 of even Omaha teachers and randomy selected 300 Chicago teacher, The Omaha teachers would slaughter them.
  • Tarheel Kiosk Kid 2012/09/18 23:52:13
    Tarheel
    Well, as I said, I work in North Carolina. We are a non-union state and make much less on average of what is quoted.
  • Kiosk Kid Tarheel 2012/09/19 00:43:55 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    I am a cost accountant and you will get paid according to your productivity in the private markets.

I sent a ton of union job overseas because they just weren't worth it.

Nebraska teacher are worth what they get paid. I support the public school system in Nebraska.

They do a great job, way better then Chicago teachers, They have the statistic to back them up because they are accountable for the results.

Omaha is number one in the USA to raise kids because the unions don't control anything. The parents do,

2014/04/18 13:43:08