Mitt Romney Wins New Hampshire Primary: Is He a Shoe-In for the Nomination?

He won the Iowa Caucus by just a few votes, but now presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has also won the New Hampshire primary -- and by quite a lot of votes this time around. According to CNN, the Republican contender received about 36 percent of the votes -- with Ron Paul trailing after him with 24 percent. Jon Huntsman received 18 percent and Newt Gingrich, 10 percent.

It's still uncertain who will win second place between Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman (votes are still being tallied) but Romney is the clear first place winner. And the fact that he won both the Iowa Caucus and the New Hampshire primary speaks volumes. Does this mean Mitt Romney is a shoe-in for the GOP nomination? Or is there still a long road ahead?

• pciswrong 2012/01/11 04:21:42 (edited)
    pciswrong
    +12
    We've only had 2 primaries. Let's not declare this big-spending RINO the candidate just yet. Ron Paul has been on his heels in both states (And this is without getting anywhere near the media time Romney does, especially in a positive light).

• strawberry nanmx 2012/01/11 05:19:14
    strawberry
    +2
    Media does push certain candidates every election. I like Ron Paul but do feel President Obama has done much more then Americans realize. Right now U.S. economy is improving. Obama did take troops out of Iraq. Bush had nothing much to do capturing Bin Laden. President Obama is a thinker and doer. Americans complain. When they get a President working on their side, they want to throw him out the door. President Obama has deported more illegals than former Presidents. Illegals have been living in the U.S. for many generations. President Obama has to go over Congress or nothing would be getting accomplished. Then Americans call Obama a dictator. If not for Obama those unemployed would not be getting those unemployment checks. Majority Republicans in Congress have been blocking progress. Obama wants tax breaks for America's Middle Class. He is not a phony as current candidates are. Bush collected millions from BP, knew they were polluting. He never required strict safety standards. The horrible oil rig explosion was ready to explode years before Obama. Who destroyed jobs, Republican Bush did. Wars are a way to distract Americans from what is really going on. Republicans do waste too much defense money. President Obama knows where to cut such waste without putting Ameri...
    Media does push certain candidates every election. I like Ron Paul but do feel President Obama has done much more then Americans realize. Right now U.S. economy is improving. Obama did take troops out of Iraq. Bush had nothing much to do capturing Bin Laden. President Obama is a thinker and doer. Americans complain. When they get a President working on their side, they want to throw him out the door. President Obama has deported more illegals than former Presidents. Illegals have been living in the U.S. for many generations. President Obama has to go over Congress or nothing would be getting accomplished. Then Americans call Obama a dictator. If not for Obama those unemployed would not be getting those unemployment checks. Majority Republicans in Congress have been blocking progress. Obama wants tax breaks for America's Middle Class. He is not a phony as current candidates are. Bush collected millions from BP, knew they were polluting. He never required strict safety standards. The horrible oil rig explosion was ready to explode years before Obama. Who destroyed jobs, Republican Bush did. Wars are a way to distract Americans from what is really going on. Republicans do waste too much defense money. President Obama knows where to cut such waste without putting Americans into an unsafe situation. I believe if re-elected the United States will prosper under President Obama. Changing to a Republican candidate at this time would be a disaster, especially those who are running.
  • pciswrong strawberry 2012/01/12 01:52:11
    pciswrong
    What about the NDAA that President Obama just signed? You know the one that says any American can be detained indefinitely without cause or trial...
  • strawberry pciswrong 2012/01/13 00:41:33
    strawberry
    Give me your explanation about the NDAA with a factual website.?
  • pciswrong strawberry 2012/01/15 23:45:18
    pciswrong
    Sure thing. Below is a link from Wikipedia and one from MSNBC's Rachel Maddow. Many groups have spoken out against it.

MSNBC Rachel Maddow discusses here:
  • Edie strawberry 2012/01/12 01:52:45
    Edie
    If obama knows how to cut waste he does not have to look very far. I know his ugly wife needs a lot of help to look half way presentable however does she really need so many assistants? The vacations the obama family have gone on is truly a comedy not only the first family however, the whole clan from Chicago go on the vacation at our expense. Hen is the worse thing that has happened to USA in history. The military certainly do not have a commander in Chief he doesn't even know how many states there are in the United States? Thank goodness my husband had retired from the Air Force before obama started to destroy the great country he has no respect for the bimbo respect is earned.
  • strawberry Edie 2012/01/12 23:55:04
    strawberry
    +1
    I agree with you about Michelle Obama. Her contributions as U.S. First Lady have been very little. It would be nice if Obama could just get rid of her; she does little to help his re-election, and she is the one spending too much money on vacations. Aides in the White House complain about Michelle Obama. I still believe President Obama is making progress. I could never vote for any of those Republican candidates. They all are very ignorant, very deceitful. Would you prefer having George Bush back as Commander and Chief.? Obama has cut waste in our defense dept. which needed to be cut. Too many Generals doing nothing on high salaries. Pentagon is cutting such waste thanks to Obama. My son is a graduate of U.S. Naval Academy, flew as a Navy helicopter pilot many years, was in Iraq twice. Is now a high ranking officer, also an attorney. I feel Obama has far more control of needs of U.S. Military. He is not throwing troops to slaughter as our former Commander's and Chiefs. Republican Presidents are war mongers, who use war as distraction. Americans are too negative toward President Obama, believing unproven gossip. All Republican candidates have done is bash Obama because they want votes. Don't be so easily fooled by their lies.
  • Edie strawberry 2012/01/13 03:54:35
    Edie
    I changed from Democrat to Republican because of this idiot obama. You bet I would like to have President Bush back and I hated some of the things he did however, he could never compare to the horrible waste we are now living with. I feel so bad for my daughter and granddaughter having to face this mess obama has created. Our young people deserve better.
  • Whodini Edie 2012/01/20 22:18:04
    Whodini
    The 2 terms of GW Bush were the worst thing that to America; even if he didn't have a clue, if he'd stayed on the Clinton economic plan and used real intelligence and surgical strikes against terrorist instead of 2 pointless wars, America would be DEBT-FREE.
    When, in the entire history of the USA, was the last time that happened?
  • Edie Whodini 2012/01/21 02:40:05
    Edie
    You would not understand a logical answer probably not in your comprehsion.
  • Whodini Edie 2012/01/24 02:21:39
    Whodini
    Opening with an ad hominen and having no counterpoint betrays the weakness of your position, if you have one.
    Also, before you accuse someone of being intellectually inferior, you should spellcheck your response - unfortunately, you may have exposed your own lack of comprehENsion.
  • Edie Whodini 2012/01/24 21:10:45
    Edie
    takes a fool to know one.
  • Whodini Edie 2012/01/24 23:11:51
    Whodini
    Yeah, Obama can balance the budget if only Michelle didn't need so much staff.
    You claim a lot of life experience, including time abroad.
    But, from your posts, it doesn't appear to have done you much good.
  • pciswrong strawberry 2012/01/12 02:34:46 (edited)
    pciswrong
    I'm going to address this point by point. First, let me preface by saying I am neither a George Bush nor an Obama fan.

1) WAR -- Under Obama, we are still in Aghanistan. He also got us involved with new conflicts-- Egypt, Libya, and potentially Iran. Thousands of US troops were just deployed to Israel for a huge missile exercise (read: to threaten Iran and prepare for possible invasion).
    2) BIN LADEN -- He said okay take him out. Well, who wouldn't?! This is a victory for our armed services and intelligence, not Obama. If you want to do tit for tat, I guess that makes Bush great because "he" took out Hussein.
    3) ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION -- More deportations has little to do with the Obama administration. States like AZ have begun to enact and enforce their own laws and are under attack for doing so by the current admin. Also, most Americans would like to see us prevent the illegal immigration from occuring in the first place. No legislation to make this happen has been passed.
    4) CONGRESS -- Obama had 2 years where he could LITERALLY pass ANYTHING he wanted. No excuses there. In those years, he never supported bi-partisanship. Now, that is coming back to bite him in the ass.
    5) BP -- This was a total failure for the Obama administration. He had been in office for 2 years and ...

5) BP -- This was a total failure for the Obama administration. He had been in office for 2 years and not addressed these safety measures either, and it gushed for 3 months straight under his watch. It continues to leak today. Now, he has stopped BP from drilling (costing TONS of American jobs in the Gulf-- trust me, I've talked to them). Yet, foreign companies continue to drill in the exact same area.
    6) CORRUPTION -- Bush did collect from oil companies. So does Obama (213k in the last election). Obama also collected from tons of big companies, including at least 5 companies included in the bailouts. A few companies are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, General Electric, Google, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, etc .
    7) JOBS -- The economy went to hell in 2007/2008, right? Democrats ran both the House and the Senate from 2007-2011. You said it yourself, Congress effects the President. Obama said if we passed his spending bill, employment would not go above 8%. It's been above 8% almost the entire time since it was passed.

The solution: Ron Paul. He is a veteran, a medical doctor, and a 20 yr Congressmen. He wants to make genuine, bi-partisan cuts to end our financial woes. He wants to end our nationbuilding and policing the world (while upkeeping our national defense). He is not corrupt. His largest contributors in 2008-- men and women in our military. He even turns down the Congressional pension and has argued for lowering the presidential salary to the median American income-- $39,000. Look at his record. He is the last honest man in our government.
  • strawberry pciswrong 2012/01/13 00:30:08
    strawberry
    +1
    Israel has done nothing but cause United States problems in the MIdeast. I said long ago U.S. should not have been openly supporting Israel or giving them so many billions of U.S. money we need in the United States. Israel cannot do anything for the U.S., they are all for themselves. Former Bush kissed their ass, while America was getting terror threats. President Obama did not cause conflicts in Egypt or Iran. Years of former Presidents supporting Israel, while Israel was killing and stealing land from these people is the major cause for problems there now. When Israeli Prime Minister came to speak with President Obama, suddenly Americans mainly American Jews and politicians turned on Obama for not giving Israel's Prime Minister his way. Israel is too involved in American elections. Israel has their own military let them use it . I agree our troops have no business being in Israel, but why.? This whole election year Obama has been called anti Semite, hateful Muslim names. Guess what, it is all Jewish propaganda and Americans fall for it. Killing the Iran scientist was an Israeli plan. Now Iran blames the U.S. Bush is not great for invading Iraq and having Hussein captured. It was a stupid move, a wasteful war of lives and money. There was better control wit...
    Israel has done nothing but cause United States problems in the MIdeast. I said long ago U.S. should not have been openly supporting Israel or giving them so many billions of U.S. money we need in the United States. Israel cannot do anything for the U.S., they are all for themselves. Former Bush kissed their ass, while America was getting terror threats. President Obama did not cause conflicts in Egypt or Iran. Years of former Presidents supporting Israel, while Israel was killing and stealing land from these people is the major cause for problems there now. When Israeli Prime Minister came to speak with President Obama, suddenly Americans mainly American Jews and politicians turned on Obama for not giving Israel's Prime Minister his way. Israel is too involved in American elections. Israel has their own military let them use it . I agree our troops have no business being in Israel, but why.? This whole election year Obama has been called anti Semite, hateful Muslim names. Guess what, it is all Jewish propaganda and Americans fall for it. Killing the Iran scientist was an Israeli plan. Now Iran blames the U.S. Bush is not great for invading Iraq and having Hussein captured. It was a stupid move, a wasteful war of lives and money. There was better control with Saddam Hussein leading Iraq. Illegal immigration did not start on Obama's watch. Generations of Illegals have been in the United States. What did any former U.S. President do.? Speaking of BP that rig was a safety hazzard under several Presidential administrations. Bush kept fining BP millions for polluting, never required saftey checks or safe standards, neither did out EPA. BP who rents from Transocean are the world's worst polluters. There were huge oil black tar bars on Texas beaches when I lived there in 1970. I don't blame Obama for stopping BP from more drilling. BP has destroyed U.S. Gulf fishing industry, and many businesses putting people out of jobs. BP caused severe damage in Alaska, ran polluted oil refineries in Ohio, cause a huge explosion in Texas. This was happening long before President Obama. Ron Paul is the only Republican I like, but it does not look like he will be Nominated thanks to our corrupt media. I will never vote for any of those candidates.
  • Edie strawberry 2012/01/13 03:57:11
    Edie
    I do wish people like you that have no idea about the middle east went there to like for at least one year then you could speak with a bit of knowledge which you now do not have. Yes, I have lived there for two yrs, 5 yrs in Germany,and 3 in France so just keep running your mouth and sounding stupid to someone that has been there.
  • pciswrong strawberry 2012/01/16 00:00:36 (edited)
    pciswrong
    A lot of your arguments in support of Obama all hinge on the fact that he inherited problems. Every president inherits problems, and most create some problems.

By your standard of judgement, at what point would we be able to fault the Obama administration for anything?

You say there was better control over Iraq with Hussein in charge. There was also genocide. But if we're ignoring what's best for their people, then by that same token, why did Obama support the Egyptian insurrection when the current leader was pretty warm towards the USA comparative to other Middle Eastern leaders?

I will vote 3rd party if most of the GOP candidates get the nomination...
  • Whodini pciswrong 2012/01/24 03:02:15
  • Purple Pinto ~PWCM~JLA 2012/01/11 03:53:30
    Purple Pinto ~PWCM~JLA
    +8
    [Rant on] ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I'm so bloody tired of this 'likelihood' crap being rammed down our throats before it truly is an actual likelihood. The media is so anxious to declare this whole thing over where we have a midwestern state won by less than an infinitesimal margin of error, and 38% of the vote in a generally blue state.

Romney is a RINO. He is only being chosen by 25-38% of any of these locations thus far.

By the time the damned media is done proclaiming and predicting, a large portion of the country's vote is negated.

Do not put a democrat operative and several other purely liberal media pundits in charge of mediating these republican debates. I could give a damn about Stephanopolous and his nonsensical questions. We are not getting to address the key issues that we republians would like to focus upon. It's the republican's choice. Give the damned mikes over to the republicans and let us make our choices. You all can watch from the audience, this is our's to take care of. Got that? Sit down and shut up. We'll do the same for your primaries and debates.

For the record, I think we need to do the primaries in one night, nationwide. I've had it with this dragging on, the endless debates, the huge costs, etc. My damned state doesn't vote the primaries until June. Ya, it's pointless to show up by then and cast your vote. It's been decided 3 months ago.
  • nanmx Purple ... 2012/01/11 04:00:50
    nanmx
    +2
    Amen brother!
  • morning... Purple ... 2012/01/11 04:31:54
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +5
    Heck, NBC declared Robomney the winner when only 12% of the numbers were in. Apparently, CNN did so at 14%.

Somehow, despite the polls that show at least 69% of the public don't trust the media, the public still watches it and relies on it for "news". Insane.

And, yes! Rant on! If the time isn't now, when is ever going to be the time to do it?
  • Reggie☮ 2012/01/11 03:53:03
    Reggie☮
    +6
    I hope not.
  • morning40oz~mad as hell 2012/01/11 03:51:38
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +5
    Unfortunately, yes, Robomney, will get the GOP nomination. I was able to discern this by noticing that his contributors are the same ones who backed Obomber in 2008. So, whether it is Obomber or Robomney, the Goldman-Sachs mafia wins and America loses. Our election system is a joke. There will never be anything but an establishment candidate allowed to sit in the White House, until this public realizes we are living a lie, choice is an illusion.

While I believe this, I lend my support to Ron Paul. It is his message that is so important, particularly, on the day my fellow citizens decide to have the cojones to face the truth about our government.
  • AnnS (A... morning... 2012/01/11 10:16:59 (edited)
    AnnS (Anti-RP2012]
    +1
    Ron Pauls's neo-nazi connections

http://newsone.com/nation/cas...

Top 10 Racist Ron Paul Friends, Supporters
  • morning... AnnS (A... 2012/01/11 14:15:29
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +1
    I've already told you that I want nothing further to do with your propaganda and I don't converse with enemies of the state. But, feel free to fire away and continue to show yourself for what you are. Don't expect me to acknowledge your existence, however.
  • Whodini morning... 2012/01/24 03:07:55
    Whodini
    Since these seem to all be factually based, it appears you may be denying reality when trying to avoid "propaganda"
  • morning... Whodini 2012/01/24 03:55:06
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    It appears you know nothing about facts.
  • Whodini morning... 2012/01/24 05:45:02
    Whodini
    So let's see you disprove them.
  • morning... Whodini 2012/01/24 06:54:18
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    The burden of proof lies with the one making the accusations.
  • Whodini morning... 2012/01/24 23:13:56
    Whodini
    The reasons are laid out in the web page you refuse to read. Like it or not, that's the basis of the proof.
    Now, it's up to you to refute them.
  • morning... Whodini 2012/01/25 02:12:21
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    LOL Let me know when you have a web page with proof. Bring it on. You can't.
  • Whodini morning... 2012/01/25 04:57:05
    Whodini
    You've already been given one that you've chosen not to read.
    Refute those 1st and we'll take it from there.
  • morning... Whodini 2012/01/25 06:59:17
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +1
    Your source is without credibility. As usual, you've failed to produce burden of proof. Next.
  • Whodini morning... 2012/01/26 18:01:10
    Whodini
    Then you clearly haven't looked at the individual claims and their references.
    FAIL.
  • morning... Whodini 2012/01/27 03:17:55
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    LOL

Clearly, I have higher standards than you do.
  • Whodini morning... 2012/01/27 04:54:31
    Whodini
    Unless you're Harry Potter, just saying something doesn't make it real.
  • morning... Whodini 2012/01/27 15:09:26
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    Yes, you should keep that in mind.
  • Whodini morning... 2012/01/29 19:30:04
    Whodini
    I'm not the one who can't face reality
  • Jane Constant 2012/01/11 03:35:11
    Jane Constant
    +5
    Still a long way to go.
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/01/11 03:32:31
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +5
    first Kick off there is still a lot of game to play
  • Edie 2012/01/11 03:28:45
    Edie
    +4
    I do hope we have some degree of honesty and example of values this election. I do not believe we can ever have a fair election as long as we are allowing money to buy the votes. Obama bought the votes he needed to win now look at the results it has brought the this country.

2014/10/31 11:40:07