Mitt Romney versus Reality

Mopvyzo 2012/04/11 10:42:40
Your comment
Your comment

Mitt Romney: "The President has pledged to "transform America," and he has spent the last four years laying the foundation for a new Government-Centered Society."

President Obama: "I have never been somebody who believes that government can or should try to solve every problem."

Mitt Romney: "He saw free enterprise as the villain and not the solution."

President Obama: "I believe deeply that the free market is the greatest force for economic progress in human history."

Mitt Romney: "When you attack business and vilify success, you're going to have less business and less success."

President Obama: "I know that the true engine of job creation in this country is the private sector, not Washington."

Mitt Romney: "... tax increases become not only a necessity, but also a desired tool for social justice."

President Obama: "I've cut taxes for small business owners 17 times over the last three years."

Mitt Romney: "... government spending always increase because...well why not?"

President Obama: "As President I've eliminated dozens of programs that weren't working. And put annual domestic spending on a path to become the smallest share of the economy since Dwight Eisenhower held this office"

Mitt Romney: "If we become one of those societies that attack success, one outcome is certain -- there will be a lot less success."

President Obama: "In this country broad based prosperity has never trickled down from the success of a wealthy few. It has always come from the success of a strong and growing middle class."

Mitt Romney: "We'll stop the days of apologizing for success at home and never again apologize for America abroad."

President Obama: "I have no doubt that we will continue our long and prosperous journey as the greatest nation on Earth. Thank you. God bless you. God bless the United States of America."

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/Barack-Obama...

• KoAm 2012/04/11 10:58:13
    Your comment
    KoAm
    +3
    Mopeder, all you're doing here is countering things that Romney said with things that Obama said ... as if Obama is incapable of uttering anything but the truth.

Obama's record, Mopeder. Stop basing reality on his WORDS. Start basing it on his RECORD.

Didn't your mother ever teach you that actions speak louder than words?

• Dave 007 2012/04/15 11:58:45
    Your comment
    Dave 007
    +1
    Where's obama vs reality?
  • nothingbutthetruth 2012/04/15 04:42:37
    Your comment
    nothingbutthetruth
    Reality is, Mitt Romney is not ready to Lead America. He has no true ideal plan or policies in which he believes in and will stick to. He is a rolling stone that gather no moss (no constructive purpose).
  • Freedom4 nothing... 2012/04/17 13:49:03
    Freedom4
    Nonsense, Romney is a proven leader with the only sustainable plan do success. Obama has never even had a real job and you numbskulls voted for him. Look at Spain and they are failing due to the same faile policies Obama is pushing here. Either democrats are oblivious or so selfish that they are willing to sell out the entire country for their hand outs.
  • nothing... Freedom4 2012/05/03 07:23:31
  • Freedom4 nothing... 2012/05/03 10:52:43
    Freedom4
    It looks like the only BS here is your name cry baby.
  • nothing... Freedom4 2012/05/04 04:24:34
  • Freedom4 nothing... 2012/05/05 22:37:00
    Freedom4
    That is funny when small nonsensical people like you do nothing but cry when anyone uses logic and reasoning against your pathetic nonsense.
  • nothing... Freedom4 2012/05/07 03:21:33
    nothingbutthetruth
    It seems to me that you are the only cry baby here with all your tearful stupid comments you posted!
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/04/13 15:59:23
    Your comment
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    I am sorry, but Obama talks a lot, but most of his action is anti free enterprise.
    Your comment
    Hopefully reality wins!
  • moshe 2012/04/12 01:18:51
    Your comment
    moshe
    +1
    I believe Romney is a successful egotistical person that cares more for be President than about this country. Unfortunately I also believe this about President Obama too. I probably will vote for a tird party this election. I hope the Republican have a brokered convention which will put forth a worthy person without the ego but more of service attitude to the people of the United States of America,
  • Walter Harris 2012/04/12 00:46:52
    Your comment
    Walter Harris
    There again, The republicans think Obama is all wrong just because he was born in Hiawi before it was a state. GET OVER IT.
  • YouSirName 2012/04/11 20:52:39
    Your comment
    YouSirName
    +1
    Romney knows that what he say is not true. He just doesn't care, since lying gets applause and support from the right. Reality has nothing to do with it. His statements are more in the realm of noises that make the base happy. Romney is perfectly willing to exploit and reinforce the paranoia and delusions already existing in his audience.
  • Freedom4 YouSirName 2012/04/17 13:51:40
    Freedom4
    Iin REALITY you just described Obama to a tee. A great example is Obama saying he wants high gas prices, every one of his energy policies push gas prices higher, yet he blames everyone else and you idiots are too dumb to even listen to Obamas own words. It is shameful how oblivious obama supporters are.
  • YouSirName Freedom4 2012/04/17 16:42:48
    YouSirName
    I will grant you that all politicians bend the truth. I don't believe everything that the President claims. Doesn't change the fact that Romney is lying.
  • JoLost 2012/04/11 20:48:17
    Your comment
    JoLost
    Gotta give it to Romney, He sure knows how to appeal to the 1% and their corporate managed livestock.
  • Michael 2012/04/11 20:00:55
    Your comment
    Michael
    Even though I am less than 100% satisfied with Obama's performance, I would not want Mittens or any other Repugnican appointing more Supreme Court judges. Romney is as bad as Sanctimonium, just more photogenic and slightly less homophobic.
  • luvguins 2012/04/11 19:46:37
    Your comment
    luvguins
    +1
    Romney's big mistake is opening his mouth to grab his base for the nomination as all this is going to come back to haunt him when he faces the president after all this untrue rhetoric he'll through the GOP convention.
  • rdmatheny 2012/04/11 19:37:04
    Your comment
    rdmatheny
    As far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of both of these lying SOB's. Both of them are backed by Wall Street and Big banks. Both pay special interest to both. Both talk from both sides of their mouths. Either one of them can be trusted.

Both Romney and Obama are two birds of the same feather. There is no way to spin it and that's a fact.

• TerryAgee 2012/04/11 17:12:31
    Your comment
    TerryAgee
    Only time will tell.
  • the fuze 2012/04/11 16:49:13
    Your comment
    the fuze
    +1
    Simply words... coming from both sides. Look at the actions and the results of those ACTIONS. That is the true story, and again, look at BOTH sides, and then glean your reality.
  • ETpro 2012/04/11 15:57:13
    Your comment
    ETpro
    +1
    Romney's solution to the growing wealth inequality and shrinking middle class is to take what's left of middle class money, and squander it on massive additional tax cuts for the very rich. The Ryan budget, which Romney praised as "Wonderful" would eliminate taxes altogether on capital gains, meaning that $37.3 million of Romney's 2011 income would have been entirely tax free.
  • Paul 2012/04/11 15:48:43
    Your comment
    Paul
    +1
    Conservatives might have some legitimate criticism of Obama although considerably less than they think they do. What bothers me about all their negative posts has been lack of specifics, at least some of the conservatives are actually presenting some now, that's great, but what are the solutions to these problems. I can't see Romney or any other republican as the man that will fix everything. Is what they will do, is stall the progress that has been made in the last three and half years by limiting the capabilities of Federal programs that are in place to assist in job growth and general welfare of the people. If we let Romney push us back to 2008 again for no other reason than conservative arrogance, where are all the solutions? They don't have any solutions, just a different political agenda that failed us in the past.

Whether you like Obama or not, this country can't take another flip to the conservative side and laissez-faire economics. The country chose Obama in 2008 because the Republican Bush administration became so unpopular. Recovery is slow, anyone who thought everything would get fixed overnight was severely mistaken. We need to keep with what were doing and the path we chose in 2008, it is working despite the political (and that is mostly all it is) criticism from the party that lost last election. Romney's base ideas are full of criticism, but includes few solutions.
  • rcardon Paul 2012/04/11 21:17:03
    rcardon
    You must have forgottent the fact that the severe taxs cuts Obama approved more than doubled the national debt, and lost us our AAA credit rating.
  • Gยเtคг ... rcardon 2012/04/12 01:27:24
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    Do WHat? He extended the Bush Tax cuts, which he was supposed to put a stop too. I really hope that is what you meant
  • gbudavid 2012/04/11 15:45:33
    Your comment
    gbudavid
    If Reality is the Liberal left wing Romney has a fair chance
  • Quazimoto 2012/04/11 14:28:32
    Your comment
    Quazimoto
    And the problem is.........
    I Love capitalism. It gives people freedom to make as much or as little as they want. You have to want first to be successful.
  • happyman 2012/04/11 14:16:54
    Your comment
    happyman
    I was once an employee, He is a good man.
  • wale63 2012/04/11 14:10:01
    Your comment
    wale63
    +1
    The REALITY is that Imam Obama is lying in ALL these clips.
    He minces phrases and technicality better than Clinton did.
    Romney tells it like it is here.
  • Buzzymuzzwelle 2012/04/11 12:56:07
    Your comment
    Buzzymuzzwelle
    +1
    Obama lies with ease. Right now he is attacking the Wealthy. He wants 30% tax on them.
    That would raise 5 1/2 billion dollars. Our Govt. spends that amount in half a day. If we cut 1% out of every Govt. agency's budget we could save 33 billion dollars. Obama can't run on his record. His policies are anti business big and small. Gas will be at $4.50 a gallon by june. The wealthy hire people. My Bro-inlaws hired thousands of people. Obama's policies shut them down. Now they are sitting his presidency out. They are not evil. They have sent my kids to college and paid for cars and helped in emergencies and taken us on fantastic vacations and helped in thousands of way without asking any thing in return. They all started with nothing. They worked hard for what they earned. The great Buffet for which Obama's plan is based on is being prosecuted by the IRS for non-paid back taxes of over 6 million dollars. Govt workers owe over 4 1/2 billion dollars in back taxes. Reality is that Obama is a Communist. He hates America. He wants to destroy private industry. Nationalize every thing. Get rid of the Constitution. Take away our guns so we can't defend ourselves. And make us a Stalinist society. Buzzy
  • SW Buzzymu... 2012/04/11 13:26:19
  • Ashley 2012/04/11 12:28:58
    Your comment
    Ashley
    +1
    Romney is not my choice, he is just better than the current "leader" who blames everyone else for his failure to fix things... If Romney does nothing, then it is time to get him out too.
  • Hotcho Ashley 2012/04/11 12:50:33
    Hotcho
    And to boot, Obama did none of those things you said nor does he stand for smaller Government..His mantra has always been Government can solve every problem..His tax savings he talks about are bogus as well..Most of the tax savings don't even apply to many business' and where they do the business' have to jump through hoops so high it would make a Mountain Climber's head spin
  • SW Hotcho 2012/04/11 12:59:05
    SW
    +1
    His Mantra has not been that at all can you give me some examples please? What hoops? He actually lowered the ammounts there aren't any extra hoops. Maybe for some excemptions you have to fill out some forms. You've been listening to too many right wing pundits. I have a secret about right wing pundits.... They lie.
  • Paul SW 2012/04/11 16:02:03
    Paul
    the "hoops" conservatives cry about are the conditions they need to meet in order to get their tax cuts, things like provide jobs. They overlook the fact that is what the tax breaks are all about to begin with. I'm sure they preferred Bush when he just handed out his big tax rebate, subsequently buying votes.
  • tdterry1999 2012/04/11 11:39:12
    Your comment
    tdterry1999
    +2
    All I know is Obama has been the worst president,Oh he's very good at flipping the truth around.By reading this question show his conning of the people
  • Paul tdterry... 2012/04/11 16:07:30
    Paul
    The only thing bad with Obama and the country, is all the conservatives that refused to accept him or anything about him from the start. All the citicism got created before Obama even took office.
  • tdterry... Paul 2012/04/12 09:47:27
    tdterry1999
    yea thats it.Nobody accepts him.How'd you get so smart?
  • Tom 2012/04/11 11:32:49
    Your comment
    Tom
    +1
    Let's look at the overall BIG picture. I repeatedly have stated as fact that we as a people haven't elected a president in 32 years and that those we have had we installed by the international banksters to foster their one world government by finances. Obama we guaranteed his second term before he got his first. All the GOP did was clean house in this election, shaking loose the losers and schmucks, and Mitt is the head schmuck this round. Think about it, has there EVER been a presidential candidate that made it work the second time around? Neither can I. Every candidate of the losing partner fades from history with the exception of being a sad footnote. So, the GOP has singled out Mitt as the Never To Run Again candidate that will be the GOP Scapegoat after this so called "election" which is as real as the good intentions of Goldman Sachs or Bernie Maddoff.
  • Mopvyzo Tom 2012/04/11 13:24:07
    Mopvyzo
    Mitt sure isn't going to beat Obama. People don't know where Mitt stands on the issues and he is always changing his position. He is the flip flop king.

2014/12/22 10:00:00