MITT ROMNEY, a few facts
SunShine 2012/06/02 05:59:46
I'm proud to pass this along..... -
Interesting bit of info to chew on.
Mitt Romney from his Mitt Romney 2012 Site:
· After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
· As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.
· Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.
· Got your calculators handy? Let's recap.
· Volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
· Unpaid intern in Governor's office 8 years.
· Mormon missionary in Paris 2 years.
· Unpaid bishop and stake president for his church 10 years. No salary as president of the Olympics 3 years.
· No salary as MA governor 4 years.
· That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church.
Why? Because that's the kind of man Mitt Romney is.
And you know what? He’ll show you his:
· Un-doctored Birth Certificate!
· College transcripts!
· Law degree!
· Isn’t it time for a REAL CHANGE?
· A brighter HOPE for America.
· Forget downing the opposition
· Raise up the new president-to-be
· The winner in November, 2012!
· Mitt Romney – American by birth!
In July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner at Bain Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay's daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York , and asked them to help find his friend's missing daughter. Romney's accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could, prostitutes, drug addicts, anyone. That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a home in New Jersey , where they found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl might not have survived another day. Romney's former partner credits Mitt Romney with saving his daughter's life, saying, "It was the most amazing thing, and I'll never forget this to the day I die." So, here's my epiphany: Mitt Romney simply can't help himself. He sees a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it, sometimes consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously. He doesn't do it for self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that's just how he's wired. Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by his old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to rescue the firm from bankruptcy, Romney left Bain Capital to work at Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar. When Romney went to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary for three years, and wouldn't use an expense account. He also accepted no salary as Governor of Massachusetts. Character counts! (and yes...that's worth reading again!)
News & Politics
Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions