Military not allowed to vote in the mid-term elections

JBC American Patriot 2010/10/05 19:03:48
Related Topics: Hawaii, Democrat, Election
Are you angry because of these Democrat political games
Do you believe this is OK
Of all those who have the right to vote, The Military should come first, The Democrats have had a long time reputation of avoiding the Military vote, They have made many attempts in previous elections to deny the Military vote, WHY ? they use the excuse that its Too Difficult to tabulate their votes because they are overseas/ in battle, well excuse me, we have Computers
and they are used securely and there is no reason for cutting out the Patriots of this Republic,

This is nothing more than the Democrats again attempting to subvert a large Conservative block from voting

The D.o.D. under orders from the obamarat has given waivers to critical states that are likely
to become Conservative states, anyone smell a dead rat ?

Here is a partial report from the AP, I shortened it a bit because of Gobbledygook doublespeak

Wisconsin election director Kevin Kennedy said before the decision was handed down that a denial would not change how the state holds its Sept. 14 primary. Under the new federal law, ballots to members of the military and others living overseas have to be sent 45 days before the Nov. 2 election.

Wisconsin and other states with August and September primaries sought the waiver saying they don't have enough time to formalize the ballot and get it sent to those voters by the Sept. 18 deadline.

Minnesota and Vermont responded to the law by moving their Sept. 14 primaries back to August. Maryland initially asked for a waiver for its Sept. 14 primary, but then determined it could get the ballots to military and overseas voters before the election.

The head of a nonprofit group that advocates for military and overseas voters said the 45-day requirement under the law isn't that big of an issue because all states can e-mail ballots to voter.

The 45-day requirement was the worst-case scenario for how long it would take a ballot to be sent and returned by mail, said Susan Dzieduszycka-Suinat, president and of the Overseas Vote Foundation.

Of those that requested a waiver, three have already had their primaries — Colorado on Aug. 10, Washington on Aug. 17 and Alaska on Aug. 24. Six of them are on Sept. 14 — Delaware, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Wisconsin and Washington, D.C. The Virgin Islands' primary is Sept. 11 and Hawaii's is Sept. 18.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

there are reports today that this is being carried over to the upcoming election's !
If you do not believe this than I suggest that you look into it yourself, in fact I encourage everyone to research this issue Dems, Repubs, T.E.A., Mods, EVERYONE !!!

• Drew~PWCM~JLA~ 2010/10/05 19:20:38
    Drew~PWCM~JLA~
    +5
    I was in the Army in 1981-'85. I had to send my absenty ballot priority mail to get it there in time. Pissed me off due to the fact that I was even stateside and HI. I helped alot of soldiers in my companies by paying for their priority shipping too. Yes the ballots from our soldiers need to be counted even if it delays the results by a coulpe few weeks.

• Kalayaan 001 2010/10/07 22:52:10
    Kalayaan 001
    +1
    Outrageous!

American soldiers defend the American people's right to vote. Surely, they should be able to exercise that right. They should be allowed to vote first and, then, free-riding civilian population.
  • JBC Ame... Kalayaa... 2010/10/12 23:07:45
    +1
    Damn right. The Democrats know they will lose the majority of these votes by a huge margin.
  • JBC Ame... Ken 2010/10/06 03:01:41
  • Ken JBC Ame... 2010/10/06 22:45:23
    +1
    All Americans should be fighting for your voting rights, as you have fought for our freedom.
  • JBC Ame... Ken 2010/10/07 00:23:50
  • Racefish 2010/10/05 21:49:53
    Racefish
    I wouldn't put it all on the Democrats shoulders. However, the late primary states are all going to be under the gun when it comes to compliance with the Constitution. This can be easily fixed by the various state legislatures and it certainly should be.
    Veterans have a very long memory and this fiasco should be broadcast widely. What did these states do when other wars were interfering in the electoral process?
  • JBC Ame... Racefish 2010/10/05 23:29:30
  • Racefish JBC Ame... 2010/10/06 20:15:03
    Racefish
    http://www.fvap.gov/reference...
    https://www.overseasvotefound...

I think you have to take into consideration the DOD position on the delivery and return of the ballots as well. I'm not excusing any of the Cabinet members involved but there are a few cases where the states waited until the last possible moment to file the waivers.
    If it were up to me, the states should all move their primaries to a date at least 120 days prior to the general election. One state even claimed the only information required on the ballot was for "federal" elections and not the state or lower elections.
  • JBC Ame... Racefish 2010/11/02 16:28:47
  • Racefish JBC Ame... 2010/11/02 20:20:49
    Racefish
    +1
    Lord help us if Johnson had decided to run again. We'd be worse off now.
  • Kip 2010/10/05 21:39:23
    Kip
    +1
    The dems are at it again...

dems
  • HumanToZero 2010/10/05 20:21:01
    HumanToZero
    it is extremely hard for us to put in an absentee ballot when our mail source is a 45 minute trek across IED infested roads and we have to find the time between trying to rest for the next patrol and talk to our family, but it is possible for us to vote while deployed to a war zone. now whether or not the ballots get back to the states in time to be counted? that is another ass-pain. it is quite annoying. i guess they don't realize that, one day, we all take this uniform off and have to live by their rules again.
  • JBC Ame... HumanTo... 2010/10/05 23:33:40
  • The Sane One 2010/10/05 19:55:02
    The Sane One
    Law adds protections for troops voting overseas

By Bill Sizemore
    The Virginian-Pilot
    © October 2, 2010

A new federal law has kicked in just in time to ease the way for service members deployed overseas to vote in next month's election.

The Defense Department is urging troops to take advantage of the streamlined procedures established by the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act, passed by Congress last year to address difficulties experienced by overseas voters in the 2008 presidential election.

A 2009 Senate study found that 1 in 4 absentee ballots requested by deployed service members in 2008 went uncollected or uncounted.

Declaring this Absentee Voting Week, the Pentagon is encouraging service members to go to its Federal Voting Assistance Program website, which describes the new procedures and offers online assistance in registering to vote, requesting absentee ballots and voting.

Among other things, the new law requires states to provide absentee ballots by e-mail upon request and to set up an online tracking system so voters can follow the progress of their ballot.

In addition, states are required to send out requested absentee ballots at least 45 days before the election. That means ballots for the Nov. 2 election should be in voters' hands by now.

Five st...

By Bill Sizemore
    The Virginian-Pilot
    © October 2, 2010

Five states - Delaware, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and Washington - have been granted waivers from the 45-day requirement, generally because of late primary elections.

If a voter hasn't yet received an absentee ballot, it's still possible to vote. The new law requires states to accept the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot, the so-called "emergency" ballot, as an alternative. The Pentagon website features an online tool allowing voters to print that ballot out, write in their choices and mail it in.

Some states - Virginia not among them - allow completed ballots to be sent in by e-mail or fax.

Virginia allows uniformed service members and their families to register and request an absentee ballot as late as Oct. 26.

But troops deployed overseas who must mail their ballots shouldn't wait that long.

Voters in Iraq and Afghanistan, on ships at sea, and at other overseas locations are advised to get their ballots in the mail today - 30 days before the election.

"We encourage all military personnel, their family members, and overseas citizens to exercise their right to vote," Clifford Stanley, undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness, said in a statement. "We strongly recommend they complete and mail their absentee ballots immediately, so they are received by local election officials in time to be counted."

Susan Dzieduszycka-Suinat, president of the Overseas Vote Foundation, a nonprofit advocacy group, said she expects the new law, known as the MOVE Act, to spur a significant increase in overseas voting participation.

"MOVE is the first real reform in decades," she said. "It took a very stagnant voting process and modernized it."

There have been scattered reports of local election officials missing the 45-day deadline.

Nonetheless, Dzieduszycka-Suinat said, ballots are already coming in by the thousands.

"The report card, I would say, is an A-plus-plus right now," she said. "This is a good-news story from start to finish."
  • JBC Ame... The San... 2010/10/05 23:44:05
  • Sheila 2010/10/05 19:32:51
    Sheila
    +3
    They are doing everthing their paniced little minds can come up with to negate the OBVIOUS trend toward the right. You summed up my thoughts on it with the first line in this post. The results can wait until the servicemens votes can be counted, not the other way around!!
  • JBC Ame... Sheila 2010/10/05 19:44:26
  • Sheila JBC Ame... 2010/10/05 19:53:53
    Sheila
    +2
    I grew up military and served myself. Overseas. So I know what it takes to vote absentee. This is a whole pantload and I would back our servicemen waaaayyyyy before I would back the gubment.
  • Drew~PWCM~JLA~ 2010/10/05 19:20:38
    Drew~PWCM~JLA~
    +5
  • JBC Ame... Drew~PW... 2010/10/05 19:45:55
  • Drew~PW... JBC Ame... 2010/10/05 19:54:23
    Drew~PWCM~JLA~
    +2
    YW! And from the looks of it I can say the same to you. ;)
  • JBC Ame... Drew~PW... 2010/10/06 03:04:13
  • Drew~PW... JBC Ame... 2010/10/06 06:00:05
    Drew~PWCM~JLA~
    All my respect just as I have for our Nam vets buddy! Glad to hear you will recover fully.
  • Mike Drew~PW... 2010/10/05 23:48:44
    +1
    We sent ours back home from Southeast Asia back in sixties but to this day, I do not know if my vote was ever counted. The military was a different world back then for sure!
  • JBC Ame... Mike 2010/10/06 00:46:23
  • Drew~PW... Mike 2010/10/06 06:01:56
    Drew~PWCM~JLA~
    +1
    That is why I helped my buddies to send theirs priority mail. Reagan was the only choice back in my time. ;)
  • Are you angry because of these Democrat political games
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +4
    Maybe the military should kick their asses.
  • JBC Ame... Jerry (... 2010/10/05 19:18:13
  • Jerry (... JBC Ame... 2010/10/05 19:21:51
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +3
    I'm a veteran. If you stomp the liberals I will gladly join you.
  • JBC Ame... Jerry (... 2010/10/05 19:46:35
  • Jerry (... JBC Ame... 2010/10/05 20:23:37
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    All I've got is a 30-06, a bow, and various swords and knives.
  • JBC Ame... Jerry (... 2010/10/12 23:12:21
  • gary-da... JBC Ame... 2010/10/05 19:31:41
    gary-da fuz
    +3
    Some one one should KICK OBIES ASS, it is his doing
  • gary-da... gary-da... 2010/10/05 19:36:49
    gary-da fuz
    +1
    I wonder what he would do if all the military told there commanders to kiss there ass,and just quite fighting and came home .....THE OVER THE HILL GANG
  • JBC Ame... gary-da... 2010/10/05 19:48:40

2014/10/21 21:42:23