Military may have to quell domestic violence from economic collapse

I think that they are going to use those FEMA coffins
Completely and utterly paranoid?
other...
What do you think of the following article?

Deepening economic strife in the US could lead to civil unrest and violence that would require military intervention, warns a new report from the US Army War College.

"Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security," writes Nathan Freier, a 20-year Army veteran and visiting professor at the college.

A copy of the 44-page report, "Known Unknowns: Unconventional 'Strategic Shocks' in Defense Strategy Development," can be downloaded here. Freier notes that his report expresses only his own views and does not represent US policy, but it's certain that his recommendations have come before at least some Defense Department officials.

The author warns potential causes for such civil unrest could include another terrorist attack, "unforeseen economic collapse, loss of functioning political and legal order, purposeful domestic resistance or insurgency, pervasive public health emergencies, and catastrophic natural and human disasters." The situation could deteriorate to the point where military intervention was required, he argues.

"Under these conditions and at their most violent extreme," he concludes, "civilian authorities, on advice of the defense establishment, would need to rapidly determine the parameters defining the legitimate use of military force inside the United States."

While the scenario presented is "likely not an immediate prospect," Freier concedes, it deserves consideration. Prior to 9/11, no one in the defense establishment would have envisioned a plot to topple skyscrapers with airliners, and the military should not be caught so off-guard again, he says.

To the extent events like this involve organized violence against local, state, and national authorities and exceed the capacity of the former two to restore public order and protect vulnerable populations, DoD would be required to fill the gap," he writes. "This is largely uncharted strategic territory."

Freier's report has merited some concern as it comes alongside revelations that the Defense Department has assigned a full-time Army unit to be on-call for domestic deployment.

An article in Monday's El Paso Times notes that military and police officials in Texas are unaware of team-up efforts such as those suggested in the report.

Arizona authorities told the Phoenix Business Journal they are similarly unaware of any new plans, although the Phoenix Police Department made clear its officers "always train to prepare for any civil unrest issue."

The Posse Comitatus Act restricts the military's role in domestic law enforcement, but it does not completely preclude involvement in cases of emergency or when emergency law is declared. As of now, though, such scenarios seem unlikely.

The bulk of Freier's report recommends refocusing Defense Department strategy toward thinking outside the box, in general, and the unlikely possibility of domestic deployments is just one longshot example he uses to illustrate a worst case scenario.

• Kino 2009/05/18 15:06:53
    Completely and utterly paranoid?
    Kino
    I think waiting for a worst case scenario to happen isn't healthy.
  • 2EdgedSword 2009/05/18 14:48:00
    other...
    2EdgedSword
    Not just economic collapse: OB has turned the violent LGBT's loose. Here is my family's latest:

My niece in AZ has been staked since mid-April by criminals ( one a registered sex offender in AZ ). April 30th she was raped, after her security system was breeched. Her locks had been picked 5 times before that and one of her outfits (panties, bra, skirt, blouse, and her daughter’s belt) were laid out on her pic nic table.

They cloned her SIM card and sent many messages to her – FROM HER! I have 59 of them on my own cell where they responded to comments I made to her as well as comments she made to me during our call, as I was still on the phone with her.

The truth came out one call while I was on the phone with her. She is a prolific political writer. They told her she had hurt a lot of LGBTs with her writings, made her apologize on the phone, and promise not to write anymore.

Police came and said they could do nothing about her rape, and that the business on the phone was called spoofing – they could do nothing about it. The LGBT community is very busy doing violence, and intimidation many places in this nation or what’s left of it.

They sent a threatening voice mail to me on my own land line, same one was sent to my niece and her husband. They also sent a text msg to my neic...

They sent a threatening voice mail to me on my own land line, same one was sent to my niece and her husband. They also sent a text msg to my neice’s 9yr old daughter.

Police went to the sex offender’s house and told them not to do it anymore. They controlled her every thought, plus I had to play the game to keep her from having a heart attack – she crying and in panic.

What do you think??? As soon as I find out who is paying them (their employer sent us a txt msg saying they “know everything she does,” and that they “pay well”) I will see to it they are put on the “No fly, No buy list.”
    What else should we do.
  • brozak 2009/01/04 09:51:21
    brozak
    Going to be lots of hungry folks doing anything they can to feed their families.
  • ~Donna~... brozak 2009/01/09 00:49:03
    ~Donna~ conspiracy theorists don't seem so nutty anymore do they
    +1
    I completely agree and it is going to be very Mad Maxish.
  • princess 2009/01/04 04:07:20
    other...
    princess
    +1
    If this comes about, which is a very real possibility, martial law will be enforced, and I'm sure Obama will send in his civilian national security force to help round us all up!!!
  • ~Donna~... princess 2009/01/04 13:16:41
    I am sure he will just jump right in there.... all of his supporters will be screaming no we didn't.... LOL
  • BK 2009/01/03 22:28:02
    other...
    BK
    Not outside the realm of possibility, but I think things won't get that far.
  • ☠Marz555☠ 2009/01/03 21:56:17 (edited)
    Completely and utterly paranoid?
    ☠Marz555☠
    If it does happen... it will happen just as planned.

completely paranoid planned
  • NickName his Dudeness 2009/01/03 21:46:55
    other...
    NickName his Dudeness
    I don't think we're in that much trouble. Things will get better again, and nothing of that magnitude is likely to come to pass in the meantime.
  • Jen**GPAC** 2009/01/03 21:21:45
    Completely and utterly paranoid?
    Jen**GPAC**
    Hmm reading such stuff just makes me feel uneasy..
  • ~Donna~... Jen**GP... 2009/01/03 22:29:23
    +1
    I am completely with you on that one.... you should check out the information on the FEMA camps and these supposed "disposable coffins" they have in Georgia.
  • Jen**GP... ~Donna~... 2009/01/03 22:30:54
    Jen**GPAC**
    hmm I will thanks for the heads up Donna..:))
  • ~Donna~... Jen**GP... 2009/01/03 22:34:18
    +1
    In my spare time, I am a paranoid conspiracy theorist....LOL
  • Jen**GP... ~Donna~... 2009/01/03 22:39:01
    Jen**GPAC**
    LMAO.. well I can't think of another more enjoyable and lite hearted activity to enjoy..:))
  • ~Donna~... Jen**GP... 2009/01/03 22:42:10
    +1
    That was funny.... yeah, nothing like a little paranoia on a Saturday night to get the party started... LOL
  • KSJR362 - Not what you think 2009/01/03 18:45:12
    Completely and utterly paranoid?
    KSJR362 - Not what you think
  • jc 2009/01/03 18:05:38
    other...
    jc
    I'm not sure if it will be that extreme!There have and will always be isolated incidents of violence and rioting.Certain situations make certain people go off the deep end.Given the scenarios listed above it could be likely.It may be wise to stay prepared.Ever since 9/11,I've kept my home stocked with a couple of reliable weapons,sufficient quantities of ammo and a supply of canned food and bottled water ,just in case.
  • Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirt... 2009/01/03 18:00:01
    Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirty Pheonix
    +4
    Been screaming it since two years ago...The Army War college made the suggestion and the Federal reserve is putting teeth into it....Northcom is already Ramped and running Below is a link to the Army war college site and the author

http://www.strategicstudiesin...
  • BlueStar Belle 2009/01/03 17:57:46
    other...
    BlueStar Belle
    +1
    I would still like to know what the secret meeting of congress on March 18, 2008 was all about. Some people said it related to this and to informing congress of an economic crisis that would likely hit during the fourth quarter... arrangements for their safety and all... Kucinich wouldn't attend because he wouldn't sign off on the secrecy. IS it really paranoia or could there be something to this? Wish I knew.

It IS interesting, however.
  • Trooping_the_Colour 2009/01/03 17:50:26 (edited)
    other...
    Trooping_the_Colour
    +1
    Are we talking about deploying your National Guard? Against your civilians? That's bad!
  • ~Donna~... Troopin... 2009/01/06 12:39:08
    +1
    Yes they are, if "need" be.
  • Troopin... ~Donna~... 2009/01/08 20:09:27
    Trooping_the_Colour
    Like I said... that's bad.
  • ~Donna~... Troopin... 2009/01/09 00:50:02
    It is and scares the hell out of me. All I am thinking is curfews and fitting the bill. Wow, what a party it will be.
  • Troopin... ~Donna~... 2009/01/09 20:12:20
    Trooping_the_Colour
    I've lived through that kind of party before... it's not all that great a "knees-up" and they keep bringing the wrong type of party poppers.
    I'm going to have to watch myself on my next trip to your shores.
  • ~Donna~... Troopin... 2009/01/09 20:14:25
    Anyone that is against Obama has to watch themselves.... I am seeing Nazi Germany all over again with this guy.
  • Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum 2009/01/03 17:47:01
    other...
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +1
    Interesting. There are lots of things that are planned for as contingencies. I hear there is a contingency plan the DoD has for the invasion of Canada, should it become necessary.
  • no Kidding 2009/01/03 17:41:43
    Completely and utterly paranoid?
    no Kidding
    +2
    I doubt it, Our economy will slowly rebound next year, as it has always done, and this economic down turn will soon be forgot just like the economic adjustment created by the Dot Com collapse.
  • Bring i... no Kidding 2009/01/03 18:01:51
    Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirty Pheonix
    dont hold your breath no kidding.
  • no Kidding Bring i... 2009/01/03 18:22:57
    no Kidding
    +1
    I'll bet a lot of those people wish they could take their words back now.
  • Bring i... no Kidding 2009/01/03 18:31:35
    Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirty Pheonix
    why's that? lol
  • no Kidding Bring i... 2009/01/03 18:42:55 (edited)
    no Kidding
    +1
    Because some of them were Dead Wrong.
    "aaaa what I meant was ...... I mean if the econom..... these unexpected..... oh shit I quit...."
  • Bring i... no Kidding 2009/01/03 18:53:11
    Bring it ~STS~Freewill Dirty Pheonix
    +1
    lol I know what ya mean! lol

2014/04/20 11:04:33