Midwife Sews Woman's Anus Closed

Nick Name 2010/08/19 20:17:42
Related Topics: Police, Health, Treatment, Money

Police in southern Shenzhen City, China confirmed a patient's claim that her anus had been sewn by a midwife suspected of taking revenge during the patient's labor because she failed to receive a good tip.

A medical report by the police showed the anus had been sewn with black threads and needle near her bleeding hemorrhoid, reported Nanfang Daily yesterday.

The midwife surnamed Zhang had denied it.

The report conflicted with a previous statement that said the patient's anus was not sealed up and there was no evidence supporting the sewing claim, by the Shenzhen Health Bureau and Shenzhen Population and Family Planning Commission on July 30.

Zhang claimed she applied the ligature treatment to cure the woman's bleeding pile out of generosity, though it violated professional practice.

However, the police's report said the woman's bleeding position was not the one that Zhang claimed she ligated.

The director of Fenghuang Hospital in Luohu District, where Zhang worked, said she couldn't comment because she didn't see the report. But she said further investigation was still needed.

Zhang was also unavailable for comment.

According to the patient's husband, surnamed Chen, the midwife had hinted that he give her extra money before the child's birth on July 23. But Chen gave her only 100 yuan (US$15), which she thought too meager and sparked her revenge.

Read More: http://english.eastday.com/e/100819/u1a5400926.html

• icaicada 2010/11/03 03:03:59
    icaicada
    +3
    Personal problems should not interfere in it in dealing with labor. because the task of midwives is giving the service in accordance with the needs of patients. if the personal problems associated in the process of service then the midwife midwifery is violates the code of conduct

• icaicada 2010/11/03 03:03:59
    icaicada
    +3
  • sternum_gilrs 2010/10/12 03:22:43
    sternum_gilrs
    in my opinion, what was done was against the midwife midwifery service delivery methods.
    should have in providing service to clients, midwives must:
    1. safe
    2. comfortable
    3. privacy
    4. natural
    5. appropriate and passion to serve
    6. sympathy
    7. empathy
    8. sincere
    9. give satisfaction
  • Nick Name sternum... 2010/10/12 10:31:18
    Nick Name
    Thats what makes this story so outrageous. By chance I know someone (in California) that used a midwife. That was years ago and her and her kid are healthy and happy.

(Last gossip I heard was that her and her husband were talking about a divorce, but I'm pretty sure that is not the midwife's fault.)
  • sternum... Nick Name 2010/10/21 01:09:06
    sternum_gilrs
    why you think it is not the fault of Midwives?
  • Nick Name sternum... 2010/10/21 08:22:32
    Nick Name
    I'm just guessing . . . . . .
  • sternum... Nick Name 2010/10/26 02:47:55
    sternum_gilrs
    guessing ??
    may I ask?
    how the development of midwives in your country?
  • Nick Name sternum... 2010/10/26 08:26:32
    Nick Name
    Maybe you're right. Maybe it is the fault of the midwife my friend is apparently getting a divorce.
  • sternum... Nick Name 2010/10/27 12:20:11
    sternum_gilrs
    then, what about the attitude of midwives it to your friends?
  • Nick Name sternum... 2010/10/27 19:45:00
    Nick Name
    Some how midwifes causing divorces is not a topic we've gotten into.
  • sternum... Nick Name 2010/10/28 02:15:02
    sternum_gilrs
    what midwives in your own practice?
    there is an abortion?
  • deBrice 2010/08/19 22:57:02
    deBrice
    I don't know if I should laugh or be scared !?
  • merlinskiss 2010/08/19 21:30:35
    merlinskiss
    "Hell hath no fury like a woman's wrath!" But setting that aside, the full report doesn't sound like it is complete yet. So, who knows... maybe she just needed glasses and couldn't tell an anus from a... Lets leave it at that till all the facts are in. LOL
  • kevracer 2010/08/19 21:10:25
    kevracer
    +1
    I made sure and left the lunch waiter a HUGE tip after reading this story
  • TasselLady 2010/08/19 20:58:12
    TasselLady
    +1
    Then I believe, as a good punishment, the midwife should have HER anus sewed shut for a week, and see how she likes it!!!! Maybe when she realizes how full of it she really is, she might see the error of her ways. That was a horrible thing for her to do to that woman who was having a baby. anus sewed shut week realizes error ways horrible woman baby
  • Feria~THEZombieSlayingB!tch... 2010/08/19 20:54:22
    Feria~THEZombieSlayingB!tch of PHAET!~Badass Incarnate~
    +1
    ... What the hell?
    Seriously? A person does that to another. I say the woman shoud sew that midwife's anus shut too, make it fair.

2014/07/28 17:49:01