Michelle: He's Trying His Best

Evil 1 2012/09/05 15:29:49

Tuesday night, Michelle Obama took the stage at the Democratic National Convention to deliver an impassioned defense of her incompetent husband. It didn’t focus on his record. It focused on his feelings.

In essence, Michelle portrays Obama as a hard work and play fair kind of guy, completely skipping pertinent biographical details like his community organizing background (she later labels it an attempt to “get folks back to work,” which is the sheerest nonsense), his career in the Illinois state legislature, his cush job as a University of Chicago lecturer, and his years in the pews of Jeremiah Wright.

Once Michelle got past the biographical background, she launched into the real campaign speech: how tough Obama’s job was. Now, it’s never becoming for a president to talk about how tough his job is – he ran for it, and he’s got it. But Michelle played that card with gusto. “I’ve seen how the issues that come across a President’s desk are always the hard ones … as President, you can get all kinds of advice from all kinds of people.” But who does he listen to? Why, his “vision” and “life experiences” – vision and life experiences that are polar opposite to Michelle glowing version of her husband. Barack, said Michelle, is “thinking about the pride that comes from a hard day’s work.”

Really? Then why is he so focused on food stamps? On work requirements under Welfare? On bailing out bad homeowners? On handing out free contraceptives via religious institutions?

Finally, Michelle entered her truly false section: she claimed that Obama wants to unify the country. “I love that for Barack,” said Michelle, “there is no such thing as ‘us’ and ‘them’ – he doesn’t care whether you’re a Democrat, a Republican, or none of the above … he knows that we all love our country … and he’s always ready to listen to good ideas … he’s always looking for the very best in everyone he meets.” This is a lie. Obama has never been a compromiser. He has implied that George W. Bush was a traitor. He has ripped the Tea Party as a bunch of rubes and unsophisticates. He has never come to the middle, instead governing from the hard left.

She finished with a grand bit of flowery rhetoric – and it was indeed grand. In concluding, she linked gay rights with Martin Luther King Jr. (an insulting linkage) and she suggested that hope would die if her husband lost his re-election. “If we want to give all our children a foundation for their dreams and opportunities worthy of their promise … if we want to give them that sense of limitless possibility – that belief that belief that here in America, there is always something better out there if you’re willing to work for it … then we must work like never before … and we must once again come together and stand together for the man we can trust to keep moving this great country forward … my husband, our President, President Barack Obama.”

Obama is hope. Obama is change. Obama is The One, at least to Michelle.

But the man she describes isn’t real. And he isn’t Obama. If he were, perhaps he’d be worthy of re-election.

Read More: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/04...

• deborah sletten 2012/09/08 15:54:17
    deborah sletten
    +1
    Reminds me of Hillary crying poor little Billy, he was a fat kid, raised by a single mother.
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2012/09/05 17:05:39
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    +1
    I only listen to him long enough to find out if he is resigning after I find out he is not I turn him off.
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/09/05 16:44:24
  • Karen E 2012/09/05 15:47:14
    Karen E
    +2
    only his best to assure she gets her vacays so she does not become a screaming harpy at having to pay her own way......
  • Azazyel's Dragon 2012/09/05 15:34:39
    Azazyel's Dragon
    +2
    That gives me an idea...I'll have my wife call my boss and tell him that, "He's trying his best." Think it'll fly?
  • Evil 1 2012/09/05 15:30:23
    Evil 1
    +2
    Apparently his best isn't good enough.

2014/07/29 04:52:19