Men, if a woman hits you, you can hit her back right?

Sincerely Audley 2009/11/19 17:54:26

• PHILIP HOPKINS 7 days ago
    PHILIP HOPKINS
    If a man hits a man and gets knocked out, he got what he deserved. Now! I've been supporting woman's rights to equal pay and treatment, but if they can't keep themselves under control and they hit first, they have to deal with the results. I do not agree with men hitting woman, I am speaking from a legal point of few.
  • Serith Firehawk 2013/04/15 19:20:55
    Serith Firehawk
    +2
    if its in self defense then yes you should, no one should just let someone physically abuse them, however if its just a light tap or has no real power behind it like a singular slap because they were insulted or similar instances then you deserved it. however if some woman comes up to you starts trying to beat you up screaming bs about equal rights and then says that you cant hit her back because its wrong for a man to hit a woman then you look them in the eyes and say "you want equal rights?" if they say yes then you punch them in the head and say "there you go, equal rights you were beating me up so i defended myself. just like you would if a man were trying to beat you up."
  • Party Boy [A7X Bat] 2013/04/15 19:18:13 (edited)
    Party Boy [A7X Bat]
    +1
    But only to the degree of force that is necessary. It is true that woman by nature and evolution are physically weaker than men, which denotes that less force is necessary. Same goes for going up against a particularly frail man. Excessive force is excessive force, no matter which gender it's used on.
  • gioia 2012/09/09 04:13:24
    gioia
    +1
    "REAL STRONG" men NEVER hit women. He is is a grizzly . She is Salmon!
    Women hath no fury, and they are made of hormone soup! It is wrong for a women to hit a man. She cannot realize her future pain, if she were to stay with this hitting person. It will only get worse. Once a man hits you once, and promises to never do it again, he will. Just look at the video games they watch!
    Real Men don't hit woman because the "Intelligent Man" knows he is the stronger sex. Also, he could do a great deal of harm to a female and end up being taken away by the police some day. Leave the house to escape the rage and most of all GROW UP and become the Intelligent, real strong mad. You won't be feeling bad, but she will..If YOU, the REAL MAN, leave the premises, you wont have to apologize and she will not be able to call the police to take you away. Be impressive, have integrity, love your woman, no need to fracture her soul to show YOUR powerfullness. Hitting reveals your "evil shadow!" Not hitting shows you true power, integrity and peace. Maybe you come from a family of violence where no generation was without it. Somebody has to STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!! Be kind to your woman, love your fragile woman, be SOMEBDY with boundries and limits which other people will admire. Then she will follow YOU, the leader and the violence will vaporize, unless she was abused . . . . . . . . . .
  • one two gioia 2012/11/02 04:06:15
  • Party B... one two 2013/04/15 19:21:34
    Party Boy [A7X Bat]
    +1
    I was going to respond intelligently, but your atrocious grammar made me lose too many brain cells.
  • Answerer gioia 2013/04/14 14:43:41
    Answerer
    +3
    Stop! NO ONE SHOULD HIT ANYONE UNLESS SELF-DEFENSE!
  • morgan ... gioia 2013/10/02 15:28:30
    morgan blaylock
    +3
    this is a sexist comment. females do have the power to whoop a males ass.
  • girlchaser 2012/06/24 00:28:42
    girlchaser
    i know i can hit back but her boyfriend is telling me not to and i will get my ass kicked by him
    and get yelled at by my dad and my mom and her mom and dad
  • JC 2012/04/16 06:22:14
    JC
    +2
    I said yes merely for the sake of the question, but the answer is subjective to the situation. I say use the least amount of force necessary to defend yourself. If she decks you once then that's it. If she is wailing on you restrain her and if that doesn't work push her. If she comes back for more deck her. NEVER RUN I've seen this happen too many times...that female is in predator mode and will give chase. Running from a bully doesn't stop the attack they hunt you down. The better question is "Can women hit men". Answer "No" Why? Because he has the right to defend himself and you never know how he will carry out his defense. It doesn't make him less of a man for hitting a woman it makes him a human being...not a personal punching bag.
  • jim JC 2013/01/30 18:29:09 (edited)
    jim
    +3
    Spot on...I was in this very position. Was with an abusive woman a lot longer than I should have been. My mistake was taking her back. The seventh, yes seventh, time she attacked me I wasn't havin' it. I held her down, she kept kicking me a punched me in the balls. I gave her an open hand slap to the face and let her up. She came at me again, I took her down again...this happened three more times until I punched her in the side of her head, threw her purse then locked myself in my rig. She was pounding on my door wanting to fight some more. Then of course she goes around playing the victim....lesson learned...finally.
  • Josh 2012/03/25 06:28:20
    Josh
    +1
    Its america goddamn hit the bitch back
  • kiwison222 2012/03/22 21:04:32
    kiwison222
    +1
    um, yeah you can its an assault and you have the right to deffend your self no matter who it is if a woman hit me i would knock her ass on the floor and hold her there until the police come and take her away.
  • JC kiwison222 2012/04/16 06:51:46
    JC
    +2
    I work at a mental institution and I've restrained several people. Do you know how hard it is to restrain someone esp. if they're smaller than you? Which means women and children are harder to restrain than men. They're also so damn flexible and flail about. Try to restrain a woman by yourself and your face is gonna be scratched up, which is worse than a black eye IMO. Those scars are there for life.
  • Nathaniel 2012/01/05 14:52:04
  • Amberrrrrrr 2011/11/04 19:55:31
    Amberrrrrrr
    no men are naturally stronger than women and unless the woman outweights you or is trying to kill you than you dont hit her. if you would do that then you are way less than a man. and i personally know a man that will hit women and not men
  • JC Amberrr... 2012/04/16 06:44:47
    JC
    +2
    Right. Men should walk away and get hit with anything she's throwing to intentionally injure him. Weight has nothing to do with it. Fighting is a skill. I've seen fights where the man tries to stop a woman and gets his ass wooped. I've seen fights where a man fights back and get's has ass wooped. Defending one's self doesn't make him less of a man...it makes him a man who isn't injured. The man you know is wack and is on a power trip and insecure about his masculinity. He's not defending his well-being; he's defending his ego.
  • criminalprosecutor88 2011/08/21 03:13:46 (edited)
    criminalprosecutor88
    +1
    My opinion is not really "undecided," but there was no "it depends" option. I have been a state criminal prosecutor for the past 23 years. For anyone reading this post, the men and women of law enforcement are committed to stopping physical abuse of all types.

In our jurisdiction, it is a criminal offense to intentionally slap, kick, punch, bite, scratch, shove, or spit upon any other person. The question raised in this blog is directed toward females abusing males. A female abuser should be advised that, in a domestic situation, the police are required to make an arrest if an abuser (regardless of gender) causes any kind of physical injury (scratch, bruise, cut, bleeding). The police are required by law to arrest the abuser on the spot — even if a male victim might be forgiving and even if he tells the police that the abuse was no big deal. Slapping can cause physical injury. I can think of multiple cases in which the police arrested a woman for slapping a man in the face, and she afterward claimed that she did not intend for her fingernails to cut or scratch the victim. This defense is rarely successful because the law presumes that an offender should know the likely consequences of his/her actions.

The criminal laws make no distinction as to the gender of the abuser an...

The criminal laws make no distinction as to the gender of the abuser and/or the gender of the victim. Prosecutors will not take into account how masculine or feminine the victim is, or how cute or feminine the abuser is. The law makes no distinction between how small and meek the abuser is, or how big and tough the victim is. The law does not assume that men are larger than women, that men suffer less pain than women, or that women are less likely to inflict injuries.

So if there are hotheads (female or male) reading this blog who are contemplating this type of behavior, be forewarned that you might be cooling off in a jail cell. The officers at the jail will not be interested in whether you think this is cute or funny. If you think this behavior is socially acceptable, society has provided orange jumpsuits so you can rethink your behavior.

A second question raised is whether a man should hit a woman if she hits him first. The best advice is that the law will look far more favorably upon a victim of physical abuse who stopped the violence and remained innocent — so if you can, walk away. Be cautious. Axioms such as "fair is fair" or "an eye for an eye" oversimplify the law of self defense. Hitting back might escalate the situation rather than stop it. The law of our state is typical of most jurisdictions — the use of physical force upon another person is justifiable only when the defendant believes such force is necessary to protect himself/herself against the imminent use of unlawful physical force by the other person. The use of deadly physical force upon another person is justifiable only when the defendant believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against the immediate threat of death, serious physical injury, kidnapping, sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat, or another felony involving the use of force.

Another blogger alluded to feminism. Pure feminism seeks equality for both genders, and the law provides equal protection to both sexes.

Lately, I have seen several kids' TV shows that depict girls hitting boys, suggesting it is acceptable for females to hit males. On the show, "iCarly," the female character, "Sam" occasionally slaps and hits Freddie. While this is supposed to be humorous, there is nothing entertaining about abuse. The producers of these shows should join the 21st century and stop sending dangerously incorrect messages to young viewers.

If a friend or spouse hits you, it will likely happen again. Abusers are losers. Seriously consider ending the relationship.
  • Deputy Darcy 2011/08/14 07:27:52
    Deputy Darcy
    Im a 6 foot 3 inches and if I had a 375lb woman try to hit my I would knock her fat ass on the floor..... if it is a little woman or just weaker than me and couldn't do any damage, i would just stop all her hits...... probably just piss her off way more though haha
  • Deputy ... Deputy ... 2011/08/14 07:29:47
    Deputy Darcy
    +3
    btw im a guy if you din't catch that, but i guess people still look at this even though its a 2 year old question because its the second link on google....
  • BOB 2010/12/26 04:40:58
    BOB
    I am married to an abusive woman. I'm not saying I didn't deserve to be hit sometimes. She beat my ass in a police station, in front of ten cops and they just turned their heads. (Japanese Police) After taking it over and over again, I finally lost it on her and back handed her many times, I don't even know how many and why I stopped because I was blacked out. It wasn't worth it. She never hurt me like I hurt her that night. We are now separated and have been for a year. The shame and sorrow I feel will never go away. It's not worth it. Don't hit her back and don't take it either. The anger and embarrassment will grow inside of you until you snap. It is hard to leave the one you love, but sometimes it is the only thing you can do. DO NOT hit your wife, EVER; you will regret it. The pain you will feel is far greater than any beating she could ever give you.
  • Aaron A... BOB 2011/07/16 06:17:01
  • one two BOB 2012/11/02 04:14:15
    one two
    +3
    Shut up dude, there is no pain or shame, it is ur society that have put that concept inside u so now u feel some guilt..the whole idea is a social construct....if a woman has the audacity to hit, she better be ready for retaliation....after all they're the one asking for equality
  • feck 2010/12/03 05:52:19
    feck
    Always hit back very hard so that she will think twice before resorting to violence in the future...remember women are irrational creatures but they are not stupid. Be sure to put her down early and decisively.
  • Aaron A... feck 2011/07/16 06:20:23 (edited)
  • F 2010/11/29 00:05:19
    F
    +1
    I say yes. But it depends of the context. Some women like to humiliate men -ie, we are not talking about silly arguments, or over heated arguments with jealousy- and though I have resisted a few times to such things with an ex, the next one that seeks to hurt both morally and physically will get it right back. If she slaps, she will get mine and harder. No fists
  • quenny 2010/10/19 00:55:49
    quenny
    no i heard if a woman hits a man three times he could hit u as he wants
  • jon quenny 2011/07/12 06:48:09
    jon
    +4
    thats not how it works. if a woman hits a man, he can hit her back if he so chooses. that "three hit" rule is a fake rule that doesnt exist
  • JessicaTijerina 2010/04/30 22:38:47
    JessicaTijerina
    +3
    NO THATS NOT RIGHT I DONT WANT GET MARRIED TO A HITTER
  • AaronJo... Jessica... 2010/06/15 20:19:06
    AaronJohnson
    +7
    then don't hit him
  • Aaron A... AaronJo... 2011/07/16 06:22:52
    Aaron Arthur
    +1
    a man should be a bigger person and not hit them back, i made my girlfriend freak out cause she tried to embarrass me in public by hitting me, i grabbed her arm and yelled in her face, she learned not to hit me again after she tried to make me look like the bad person.
  • one two Aaron A... 2012/11/02 04:16:59
    one two
    +1
    there is no reason not to hit a woman if she hits a man...if she's irresponsible to control her anger and emotions, then she must not hit...;after all they're the one asking for equality, equality comes with corresponding responsibility....and they give hard time if you say something to them on the street on the pretext that it isexual harrassment...they say men don't have control over their sexual drive, ...well if they gonna blame us for that , we should blame them too for their lack of control of their responses
  • tj.emer... AaronJo... 2012/03/19 23:27:26
    tj.emery23@gmail.com
    +3
    its not right for a man to ever lay his hands on a woman with intentions of causing any type of physical harm to her. some say it is situational, i say it is something that should never go through a mans mind. if u are really mad at a woman then go hit something else NOT her.
  • JC tj.emer... 2012/04/16 06:34:44
    JC
    +3
    If you are REALLY mad then you aren't thinking straight and punching a wall doesn't cross your mind. And by law in a domestic dispute hitting an object ie a wall window is considered domestic violence and lands your ass in jail.
  • Josh Jessica... 2012/03/25 06:26:20
  • JC Jessica... 2012/04/16 06:38:58
    JC
    +4
    So, you want to marry a man that won't hit you back if you are beating him. Newsflash: Men won't marry a hitter either.
  • hurry 2010/04/07 22:40:00
    hurry
    +4
    Hei buddies once smacked just turn the other chick to her and be assured that she aint gonna hit you on it instead she is gonna give you A MILLION DOLLAR KISS and a bear hug to go along with it.AND dont mind what happens next cuz its gonna be a shock to you due to the change of events tjhats gonna happen after that.
  • DarthDefault 2010/02/22 05:56:03
    DarthDefault
    +3
    I've seen too many one sided fights. But lately, more of them have been women attacking men, and expecting to get away with it. One perfect example, is my so called birth mother. She weighs about 375lbs, is around 5'7' and drinks about a quart of whiskey a day. She slaps my siblings on a regular basis, has had child services called on her plenty of times, and even threatens them. She has stabbed, burned, shot, (tried to) run over, punched, kicked, and bitten every guy she was with. Why? No one knows, she won't say. She won't even say if they abused her at all, she just says they deserved it. She's put six guys in the hospital and caused one to kill himself. She never fights women, she runs or cries for help. But every chance she gets after she's had a couple drinks, she'll find any guy she can and start a fight. She's fought the police on many occasions, and tried to sue them for restraining her, even when they show the video of her starting the fights. I've dated women who start fights with guys and expect to get away with it just because they are women. I have many female relatives who believe it's perfectly ok for women to hit men whenever they feel like it, and men should be put to death for raising a hand in self defense. Yes, they believe men are supposed to take the abu...
    I've seen too many one sided fights. But lately, more of them have been women attacking men, and expecting to get away with it. One perfect example, is my so called birth mother. She weighs about 375lbs, is around 5'7' and drinks about a quart of whiskey a day. She slaps my siblings on a regular basis, has had child services called on her plenty of times, and even threatens them. She has stabbed, burned, shot, (tried to) run over, punched, kicked, and bitten every guy she was with. Why? No one knows, she won't say. She won't even say if they abused her at all, she just says they deserved it. She's put six guys in the hospital and caused one to kill himself. She never fights women, she runs or cries for help. But every chance she gets after she's had a couple drinks, she'll find any guy she can and start a fight. She's fought the police on many occasions, and tried to sue them for restraining her, even when they show the video of her starting the fights. I've dated women who start fights with guys and expect to get away with it just because they are women. I have many female relatives who believe it's perfectly ok for women to hit men whenever they feel like it, and men should be put to death for raising a hand in self defense. Yes, they believe men are supposed to take the abuse! Not because of the abuse their gender has suffered, but 'just because.' I've been hit, kicked and stabbed by women. I was raised to walk away from fights, not to hit women. But I was also taught to not stand there and let anyone hurt me. I don't feel good about hitting anyone, male or female, but if they do it first, and don't run, then they better either knock my ass out, or get ready for a fight. My grandmother always told me, "As a women, I know not to hit men in anger, unless I know I can go toe to toe with them. That's why I married your grandfather, we went twenty minutes in our first fight. (It was over house payments) He stated his case rationally, and I just got pissed and gave him a black eye because I wanted a car, not that old house. He sat there and took a few punches really well, then after I kicked him, he stood up and got me in the tit. I laughed and knocked out a tooth, then we wrestled around, bruising each other quite a bit and I think your mother was conceived that night. He told me he was raised to not hit a woman, but I fought like a man, so he figured it was ok. I agreed with him and agreed to marry him that night."
    Simply put, don't hit, don't ever hit and not expect to get hit back.
  • Zach 2010/02/14 23:41:04
    Zach
    no No NO!
  • mr.dont care 2010/01/29 05:23:07
    mr.dont care
    +5
    if a women hit you first, slap that fuckn bitch put her in her place

2014/09/16 04:25:10