Meet Young Barrack Hussein Obama, - The Marxist

safari 2012/04/22 21:48:55
I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
That Obama is a Marxist Explains a lot of things about him
I don't believe it. And even if it's true it was probably just a youthful indiscretion.
I am a Marxist and I will vote for Obama in 2012
Other comment about Obama Being a Marxist
Excerpts: The account of meeting young Obama by John C. Drew, Ph.D. an award-winning political scientist and a blogger at David Horowitz's NewsReal Blog who earned his Ph.D. from Cornell and has taught political science and economics at Williams College. Today, Dr. Drew makes his living as an author, trainer, and consultant in the field of non-profit grant writing, fund raising and program evaluation.

(The article is rather lengthy - so as not to infringe on copyrights only a few excerpts and quotations are listed here. Please visit this link for the rest of the article)

I met Obama in December of 1980, a couple of days after Christmas, in Portola Valley -- a small town near Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA. I was a 23 year old second-year graduate student in Cornell's Government Department, and had flown to California to visit a 21 year old girlfriend, Caroline Boss. Boss was a senior at Occidental College, where she had taken a class in the fall of 1980 with political theorist Roger Boesche. She met and befriended Obama in that class.
My first meeting with young Barack Obama raised strong feelings and left me with a positive first impression. At the time, I felt I'd persuaded a young man anticipating a Marxist-Leninist revolution to appreciate the more practical alternative of conventional politics as a channel for his socialist views.

When I first saw Obama, I remember I was standing on the porch of Boss's parents' impressive home as a sleek, expensive luxury car pulled up the driveway. Two young men emerged from the vehicle. They were well-dressed and looked like they were born to wealth and privilege. I was a little surprised to learn they were Boss's friends from Occidental College until she articulated the underlying0 political connection. "They're on our side," she said.

My graduate studies that fall had tempered my earlier Marxism with a more realistic perspective. I thought a revolution was not in the cards anymore. There was no inevitability, in my mind, to the old idea that the proletariat would rise up and overthrow the ruling classes. Now, the idea that we could entirely eliminate the profit motive from an advanced industrialized economy seemed like a childhood fantasy. The future, I now thought, would belong to nations with mixed economic systems -- like those in Europe -- where there was government planning of the economy combined with a greater effort to produce a more equitable distribution of wealth. It made more sense to me to focus on elections rather than on preparing for a coming revolution.

Boss and Obama, however, had a starkly different view. They believed that the economic stresses of the Carter years meant revolution was still imminent. The election of Reagan was simply a minor set-back in terms of the coming revolution. As I recall, Obama repeatedly used the phrase "When the revolution comes...." In my mind, I remember thinking that Obama was blindly sticking to the simple Marxist theory that had characterized my own views while I was an undergraduate at Occidental College. "There's going to be a revolution," Obama said, "we need to be organized and grow the movement." In Obama's view, our role must be to educate others so that we might usher in more quickly this inevitable revolution.

I know this may be implausible to some readers, but I distinctly remember Obama surprising me by bringing up Frantz Fanon and colonialism. He impressed me with his knowledge of these two topics, topics which were not among my strong points -- or of overwhelming concern to me. Boss and Obama seemed to think their ideological purity was a persuasive argument in predicting that a coming revolution would end capitalism. While I felt I was doing them a favor by providing them with the latest research, I saw I was in danger of being cast as a reactionary who did not grasp the nuances of international Marxist theory.

Drew & Young Obama

cast reactionary grasp nuances international marxist theory drew young obama

Read more at the link below:

Read More: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/meeting_you...

• Theresa 2012/04/22 22:18:45
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Theresa
    +10
    He blatantly tells you when he was in Occidental College he sought out Marxist professors. That is him telling you he agreed with those thoughts!

• ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/04/26 19:51:47
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    Old news!
  • mwg0735 2012/04/25 17:47:03
  • Walt 2012/04/24 13:12:27
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Walt
    +1
    0bama's Marxist connections go back his entire lifetime. It's no mistake that his czar's list reads as a who's who of communist rabble. In fact, the 0bama and Dunham Marxist connections go back generationally.
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    +1
    His father was a proclaimed Marxist obama dreams
  • Boris D. 2012/04/23 21:36:12
    Boris D.
    +1
    Sounds about right.

I mean, even if you don't believe this account, you have to admit it sounds believable.
  • maggiemay 2012/04/23 18:30:01
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    maggiemay
    +4
    When Obama started his public career he joined the Democratic Socialist Party, and ran under their platform in Chicago. obama and democratic socialist party
  • jdemme 2012/04/23 16:02:07
    I don't believe it. And even if it's true it was probably just a youthful ind...
    jdemme
    Yep, Obama's a Marxist sent by Fidel Castro to execute Ayn Rand's Jedi spirit.
  • jr 2012/04/23 13:38:08
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    jr
    +2
    There is no doubt in my mind that Obama is a Communist
  • Ukie 2012/04/23 13:28:37
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Ukie
    +2
    Add Fascist, Muslim, Liar, Fraud, Power Monger, Dictator, etc...etc...etc!! Obama marxist dictator Obama marxist dictator Obama marxist dictator Obama marxist dictator http://www.cristyli.com/wp-co...
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/04/23 13:03:44
  • stevmackey 2012/04/23 12:42:47
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    stevmackey
    +1
    That is why he cannot stand the Constitutions and why he want to triple tax the rich.
  • Cliff 2012/04/23 12:07:23
    Cliff
    If people knew more about socialism and how it comes about, they would see more clearly where Obama would like to lead the US.
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    All the trademark indications are inplace to identify Obama as a marxist! Funny how elitest leaders of this movement always live in the lap of luxury while condemning others who earned it legitimately!
  • Tennyson James 2012/04/23 06:11:59
    Tennyson James
    +1
    Drew is just the latest in a line of people trying to make money b y claiming to "know" Obama.
  • Andrew Tennyso... 2012/04/23 08:36:11
    Can't refute the message, so kill the messenger?! Pretty lame!
  • Tennyso... Andrew 2012/04/23 16:44:35
    Tennyson James
    +1
    Actually the source of information is always very relevant.
  • Andrew Tennyso... 2012/04/23 21:26:45
    yeah! If the person disagrees with you they certainly can't be accurate since you already have all the facts!
  • Wolfman 2012/04/23 05:38:21
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Wolfman
    Obie fundamentally detests the American Constitution and would change it if he could. Since he can't change it, he ignores it. Given a second term he will turn America into socialist Europe complete with bankruptcy.
  • AL 2012/04/23 05:18:06
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    AL
    +2
    If you ever want to know the real views of any man, All you have to do is look at who their real friends are!
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    +1
    Thou Foolish Believer in Obama, A Man who continually keeps company with Criminal Organizations and is friends of Criminals is himself a Criminal.
  • Lisa 2012/04/23 02:31:04
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Lisa
    +2
    He is living his fathers dream of Anti Colonialism . His father wanted to make America small, cut it down in size, change it, Obama is carrying out what his father wanted to do.
  • Wanda5245 - Citizen Activis... 2012/04/23 02:27:03
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Wanda5245 - Citizen Activist Who Wants Spunkysmum Back On SH
    +3
    Unbelievable how so many people can be so willfully blind to Obama's true beliefs and intentions. Need to share this with all.
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    +1
    A quote from the article, At that time, the future president was a doctrinaire Marxist revolutionary, although perhaps -- for the first time -- considering conventional politics as a more practical road to socialism." Obama always associated with questionable people and the real crime is the the leftist propaganda media and Fox--Refuse to make this truth known to the people when if this was George Bush or Mitt Romney that associated or even ever talked to the KKK the association would come out!
  • rightside 2012/04/23 02:11:29
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    rightside
    +4
    bama just sucks, doesn't he?!
  • Wolfman rightside 2012/04/23 05:39:24
    Wolfman
    +2
    yes. well put.
  • goatman112003 2012/04/23 02:04:31
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    goatman112003
    +2
    I knew he was a marxist when in the election rhetoric he said things which came directly from Lenin. Various other things were said that only a marxist would pay attention to.
  • JHalden87 2012/04/23 01:53:06 (edited)
    JHalden87
    +1
    So you dig up an ideology that a professor was a 'Marxist' who came into contact with Obama, there's no evidence that Mr Drew's anecdotal evidence from 20 years ago is true and it certainly wouldn't stand up in a court of law in regards to what he thinks Obama said.

This kind of attention is what he was looking for from people obsessed with the Marxist brand on Obama by nutjobs who have no clue what they're talking about.

Obama is centrist, at worst he's centre-left...

That is so far removed from Marxism it's untrue, yet again we have anecdotal evidence that some guy Obama met was a Marxist so Obama must be because all those Marxists hang out together.

A teacher at a school's a paedophile, therefore anyone he ever taught is a paedophile...

That is the crazy logic you are applying to this, it's farcical.

Sidenote - Any moron who posts another 'HES DESTROYING AMERICA WITH HIS MARXISM' or any other nonsense, I say back up your prophecy and you clearly have no comprehension of a democracy.

In a 'democracy' you tend to have a little thing called checks and balances to make sure the executive can't simply apply his ideology, It's kind of an important consideration when you compare America to somewhere like China.

Seriously, if you don't understand democracy how you can even begin to act li...

Seriously, if you don't understand democracy how you can even begin to act like you understand Marxism is beyond me.

STOP THROWING THESE TERMS AROUND THAT NONE OF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.
  • AL JHalden87 2012/04/23 05:20:27
    AL
    +1
    Van Jones, Rev.Wright, Bill ayers, Anneta Dunn just to name a few others!
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/04/23 01:45:50
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +2
    What a unique article. Two names from obama's past is quite a revelation. Up to now, I actually believed he was cloned and raised in Area 51. It's still quite amazing that a man 49 yrs old doesn't seem to have any friends from his past. Well, at least none who will admit it.
  • The Dude 2012/04/23 01:38:38
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    The Dude
    +3
    How many different ways does that bastard need to tell you that he is a Marxist, hellbent on destroying America?!? It would be impossible to round up his individual supporters, but the big donators need to be locked up and deported or worse for treason. Hell most of Hollywood would either be in exile, prison, or ded if I was in charge!
  • Gregaj7 2012/04/23 01:38:24
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    +2
    Who Obama works for now explains much.
  • Mark P. 2012/04/23 01:02:23
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Mark P.
    +2
    I wonder how long before more skeletons pop out. It will look like Halloween.
  • Kane Fernau 2012/04/23 00:50:55
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Kane Fernau
    +3
    Is that what they teach in California?
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/04/23 00:47:57
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/04/23 00:39:47
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +8
    This is a good post. Why oh why can't or won't the press vet this guy. I just can't believe that all those reporters out there are marxists too and want this country to fail.
  • Wolfman Hula gi... 2012/04/23 05:41:48
    Wolfman
    +2
    That would be racist, LOL.
  • Georgia50 2012/04/22 23:56:09
    I already knew that Obama is a Marxist
    Georgia50
    +4
    Obama has passed the supreme test of a silent, revolutionary monster: On queue from Rick Warren, he directly stated that he is a Christian who places his faith in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. What normally would cause every two-bit Marxist hack in America to cringe in disgust was instead met with glee: "He's in."
  • safari Georgia50 2012/04/23 00:02:59
    safari
    +5
    They must be laughing their behinds off at the rest of America who voted for him.
  • Georgia50 safari 2012/04/23 00:07:06
    Georgia50
    +4
    The black community is still largely unaware of the threat he represents to their well-being, even though the ANC in South Africa painted the broad picture: they spent the decade prior to the fall of Apartheid liquidating moderate blacks. What they wanted, and achieved, was to have no power rivals once Apartheid was gone. It did not matter then or now that they murdered more blacks than the whites did.
  • Flash,a... Georgia50 2012/04/23 01:07:28
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    +2
    Cape Town murder capital of the world. Free a marxist from prison and make him your leader. Fools.

2014/07/31 07:30:31