Meet the New Governor of Maine!

Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/04/24 13:12:03

Meet Maine 's New Governor --- In case you haven't heard about this guy before, his name will stick in your mind!

The new Maine Governor, Paul LePage is making New Jersey 's Chris Christie look like an enabler. He isn't afraid to say what he thinks.Judging by the comments, every time he opens his mouth, his popularity goes up.

He brought down the house at his inauguration when he shook his fist toward the media box and said, "You're on notice! I've inherited a financially troubled State to run. Observe...cover what we do...but don't whine if I don't waste time responding to your every whim just for your amusement."

During his campaign for Governor, he was talking to commercial fishermen who are struggling because of federal fisheries rules. They complained that 0bama brought his family to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park for a long Labor Day holiday and found time to meet with union leaders, but wouldn't talk to the fishermen. LePage replied, "I'd tell him to go to hell and get out of my State." The Lame Stream Media crucified LePage, but he jumped 6 points in the pre-election poll.

The Martin Luther King incident was a political sandbag, which brought him National exposure. The 'lame stream' media crucified him, but word on the street is very positive. The NAACP specifically asked LePage to spend MLK Day visiting black inmates at the Maine State Prison. He told them that he would meet with ALL inmates, regardless of race, if he were to visit the prison. The NAACP balked and then put out a news release claiming falsely that he refused to participate in any MLK events. He read it in the paper for the 1st time the next morning while being driven to an event and went ballistic because none of the reporters had called him for comment before running the NAACP release.

He arrived at that event & said in front of a TV camera, "If they want to play the race card on me they can kiss my ass", and he reminded them that he has an adopted black son from Jamaica and that he attended the local MLK Breakfast every year that he was mayor of Waterville. (He started his morning there on MLK Day.)

He then stated that there's a right way and a wrong way to meet with the Governor, and he put all special interests on notice that press releases, media leaks, and all demonstrations would prove to be the wrong way. He said any other group, which acted like the NAACP could expect to be at the bottom of the Governor's priority list!

He then did the following, and judging from local radio talk show callers, his popularity increased even more: The State employees union complained because he waited until 3 P.M. before closing State offices and facilities and sending non-emergency personnel home during the last blizzard. The prior Governor would often close offices for the day with just a forecast before the first flakes. (Each time the State closes for snow, it costs the taxpayers about $1 million in wages for no work in return.)

LePage was CEO of the Marden's chain of discount family bargain retail stores before election as governor. He noted that State employees getting off work early could still find lots of retail stores open to shop. So, he put the State employees on notice by announcing: "If Marden's is open, Maine is open!"

He told State employees: "We live in Maine in the winter, for heaven's sake, and should know how to drive in it. Otherwise, apply for a State job in Florida !"

Governor LePage symbolizes what America needs; Refreshing politicians who aren't self-serving and who exhibit common sense.

THE LAW IS THE LAW!

I really love this one.

This is one of the better e-mails I have received in a long time! I hope this makes its way around the USA several times over!!!!! HERE IS WHAT Governor LaPage said,

"THE LAW IS THE LAW So "if" the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And "if" that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the American public's best interests at heart.

BUT, he said, "YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe Government (Federal, State and Local) and its employees should participate in Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the" US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays." After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct."

• Jerry O'Neal 2012/12/04 20:22:54
    Jerry O'Neal
    +11
    If he really said that, and I think he did, then too bad we all can't have a Governor like that!! I think we need to blame ourselves for a lot, we talk and talk about our stupid politicians who are crooks and never keep their word, trouble is, the talk is to our friends and church members who feel the same way.
    We need to get off our butts and try to reach our world around us and wake a few people up. You can bet the other side raises hell while we just bitch to the choir. It's no wonder we have idiots in both sides of the isle, we the public, who I think are in the majority, loose out to the other side because we stay still while the other side screams.
    I have another suggestion, I think I know the answer to all our problems, read
    2 Chronicles 7:14 and do what it says to do. Jerry

• Jerry O'Neal 2012/12/04 20:22:54
    Jerry O'Neal
    +11
  • Fredrick House 2012/05/14 00:14:24
    Fredrick House
    +2
    AMEN!!!
  • T Bevan 2012/04/24 19:27:55
    T Bevan
    +1
    So be it!

Excellent attitude....
  • RastaFan 2012/04/24 16:45:10
    RastaFan
    +1
    This guy sounds great. More and more of them, I say. We need them all.
  • exhon2009 2012/04/24 15:37:26
    exhon2009
    +1
    I like him better after reading this.
  • Freeranger 2012/04/24 15:34:51
    Freeranger
    +1
    Actually Kimmel, he's my Governor, and yeah, he's rough around the edges, but he knows total hardship having grown up on the streets. He has what he does now because he worked for it.....and work is something he's not afraid of. The press continues to try to crucify him every chance they get, but he can take a punch. What makes him the most dangerous type of boxer is that he can counter punch.
    I like him
  • Will Ad... Freeranger 2012/04/24 15:42:06
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    He sounds great to me!!
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2012/04/24 14:30:17
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
    +2
    My kind of Governor!
    Business head and not PC!
  • AdLib 2012/04/24 14:14:17
    AdLib
    +1
    Geez what a Jerk! Lets see if he ends up working on Sunday's, Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. I'll bet $10K he doesn't.
  • Will Ad... AdLib 2012/04/24 14:22:35
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +2
    I guess you could look at it that way, but he makes a good point. If you are going to say there is no religion in government, then why support the religious traditional days off? I am not saying we should abandon the traditions, but it's an interesting thought on how pandering to small special interest groups, is not very fair or productive.
  • AdLib Will Ad... 2012/04/24 16:25:35
    AdLib
    +1
    My point is, if you are going to talk the talk you better be prepared to walk the walk.

"If you are going to say there is no religion in government, then why support the religious traditional days off?"

Well then, lets just change the name of the holidays from Christmas to Winter Solstice, Easter to Spring Solstice, keep Thanksgiving because it is not considered a religious holiday. As for having Sunday's off, religious implications have been removed a long time ago... I'm all for taking any form of religion out of politics.
  • Will Ad... AdLib 2012/04/24 17:07:19
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    I am for keeping religion out of government decisions, but the nit-picking about removing all historical, and traditional religious symbols is over the top in my mind. Changing holiday names to pagen names is sort of worthless. Maybe there should be no federal holidays. What's the real point of them to start with? Just give everyone a certain number of days off and they can take them when they want and celebrate whatever they like.
  • Jerry O... Will Ad... 2012/12/04 20:35:07
    Jerry O'Neal
    +11
    I agree!!
  • Jerry O... AdLib 2012/12/04 20:33:30
    Jerry O'Neal
    +9
    You missed his point, he thinks Christmas,Thanksgiving, and Easter are great and some are religious. But you can't have it both ways, if prayer, the Commandments, and in God we trust is out in your opinion, then YOU need to not celebrate with us on the holidays, you don't want to be a phony do you? you phony
  • Risk 2012/04/24 14:10:38
    Risk
    +3
    This guy sounds like a winner ! Almost too good to be true. I will definitely keep track of him.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/04/24 13:47:54
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +3
    I've read wherein Maine is one of the states that has the highest levels of welfare than any of them. About time a politician takes the bull by the horns.
  • LarryFine 2012/04/24 13:46:57
    LarryFine
    +4
    If these words are true, I'll keep a close eye on this guy. Looks like Maine and America got a winner!
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/04/24 13:42:04
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/24 13:38:47
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    We need more politicians like him.
  • DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/04/24 13:37:31
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +5
    I love it! Straight from the heart... honest truth, no spin, high expectations, and little tolerance for PC nonsense give the tough straits we are now in. I'd vote for him any day.
  • tom C 2012/04/24 13:30:49 (edited)
    tom  C
    +8
    Haven't heard of Paul lepage before....but I'm thinking ...maybe a fall vacation to Maine when trees turn colors...and visit Bar Harbor or Kennebunkport..

I'd like to spend my vacation dollars in a state that is on the right track....

kennebunkport

bar harbor maine
    bar harbor lobster maine
  • JoeBtfsplk tom C 2012/04/24 13:49:48
    JoeBtfsplk
    +2
    I haven't had a GREAT Lobster dinner in ages. Even though I live in WA. state.

I will consider flying to ME. specifically to order a clawed New England Lobster.

mmmmm - can't wait!
  • JoeBtfsplk 2012/04/24 13:29:18
    JoeBtfsplk
    +4
    regarding this sentence:

"They complained that 0bama brought his family to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park for a long Labor Day holiday and found time to meet with union leaders, but wouldn't talk to the fishermen."

NOAA corruption grows!

clik link

• tom C JoeBtfsplk 2012/04/24 13:40:30
    tom  C
    +3
    along with the noaa scandel....is their total lack of science to justify limits on fishing
    they have pretty much killed many industries along the gulf coast for no reason....
    other than unqualified leadership...making terrible decisions..
  • Will Ad... JoeBtfsplk 2012/04/24 13:41:13
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +3
    Thanks, Joe!
  • Brad # 2486547 2012/04/24 13:23:52
    Brad # 2486547
    +5
    Sounds like a great guy. We need more like him.

2014/10/23 11:12:18