Media in America – shameless beyond words

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2013/01/29 22:39:37
Yes, the American mainstream media are now Obama's Department of Truth.
No, the media had no reason to report anything else. Nothing to see here. Move on.
I think...
Why shameless? Well, first we read in the Daily Mail that Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) has been consorting with under-age prostitutes from South America for at least the several months that the FBI has investigated him. But why should we read this only in the Daily Mail, and not the New York Times or The Washington Post? And why, when he appeared on ABC-TV's This Week with Martha Raddatz, did she never see fit to mention it?

But that might not be the worst. The worst is that the media, when first reporting on the Sandy Hook Massacre, clearly said that the Bushmaster AR-15 that Adam Lanza carried, stayed in his car the whole time. He did all his killing with two handguns. This video, a compilation of the first reports, clearly catches them all saying that he left the AR-15 in his car.

And then they changed the story, to suggest he used the AR-15 to do his foul deeds, as if they never said he didn't.

That's a lie. A downright lie. And something right out of Nineteen Eighty-four.

So what say you? Did the Mainstream Media turn themselves into an Orwellian Department of Truth while we turned our backs?

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2013/01/29...

• tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2013/01/29 23:20:53
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +17
    I keep hearing about the approval rate of Congress and the President.

I wonder what the approval rate of the media is...and why it's never discussed.

• Hamilton 2013/02/07 20:24:50
    Hamilton
    +1
    The last vestige of journalistic integrity in the MSM died with Tim Russert.
  • tom Savage 2013/02/06 23:08:04
    No, the media had no reason to report anything else. Nothing to see here. Mov...
    tom Savage
    You would find the other stories in the media if you would read the other media. Here are stories that appeared the same day or before the Daily News story:

http://www.usatoday.com/story...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

http://www.nydailynews.com/ne...

http://www.politico.com/story...

http://www.washingtontimes.co...

http://www.miamiherald.com/20...

There are about 400 others if you care to go looking.
  • ProudProgressive 2013/02/05 13:54:10
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    Give it a rest already.

The slander campaign against Bob Menendez began the minute the Republicans managed to torpedo Susan Rice. Knowing that John Kerry would be appointed Secretary of State, they also knew that Menedez was next in line to chair the Senate Foreign Relations committee, hence the slanders. This entire "investigation" is based on anonymous emails from someone who refused to meet face to face with investigators. As with every other phony manufactured scandal coming from the Right Wing Media, there's nothing to see here.

As for Newtown, all 26 of the victims were killed with a Bushmaster XM-15 E2S rifle. The only one killed with a handgun was Lanza himself, who committed suicide.

State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle
    Neil Vigdor
    January 24, 2013

Lt. J. Paul Vance, the face of an ongoing Connecticut State Police investigation into worst grade-school shooting in U.S. history, Thursday debunked media and Internet reports that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza killed his victims with handguns and not the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S rifle that is now the focus of a proposed federal assault-weapons ban.

All 26 of Lanza's victims were shot with the .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle, said Vance, who bristled at claims to the contrary during an i...

Give it a rest already.

Neil Vigdor
    January 24, 2013

All 26 of Lanza's victims were shot with the .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle, said Vance, who bristled at claims to the contrary during an interview with Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.

"It's all these conspiracy theorists that are trying to mucky up the waters," said Vance, the longtime state police spokesman.

Read more: http://www.greenwichtime.com/...
  • Chokmah 2013/02/05 00:13:29
    I think...
    Chokmah
  • Magus BN-0 2013/02/04 22:03:36
    Magus BN-0
    +1
    The Daily Heil is not a remotely credible source. Menendez is not under investigation for "consorting with under-age prostitutes" and there's no evidence that he did. The investigation is into whether he took illegal campaign contributions.

And no, Lanza did not leave the AR-15 in his car. That was an erroneous report shortly after the shooting. It was, in fact, a shotgun that was found in the truck of the car.
  • me 2013/02/04 21:56:07
    I think...
    me
    And therein is the difference between me and thee.
  • socokid 2013/02/04 20:46:17
    I think...
    socokid
    +4
    Well, first we read in the Daily Mail...
    That was your first problem.

Do you honestly believe you are getting the entire story from conservativenewsandviews.com? Is that an ironic joke?

LOL if so, and LOL to anyone that believes a non-story without a shred of evidence to back it up (prostitutes) should be gaining major media coverage. This is the culmination by a few rabid haters flying to the DRepublic and finding ANYthing they could get to stick to him. If they find evidence that he was having sex with underage girls, then I will want him to be gone as well.

And then you finish by presenting evidence of exactly how bad information can be right after the event in question. We see about a dozen reporters saying different things, and almost all of them explaining this very thing! "still under investigation", "conflicting reports", "crime scene analysis not complete yet", etc, etc...

You choose those silly clips of news reporters right after the shooting above ALL other resources? And I mean ALL others. From witnesses inside, to every report by anyone that had access, and I could show you a week of clips from these same reporters that get it right later on.

You know, after all of the facts were in.
  • Bastion 2013/02/04 20:13:14
    I think...
    Bastion
    +5
    I prefer truth. The Bushmaster was found INSIDE the school.

You, Temlakos, are the victim of brainwashing.

You should read the police report (below), and THINK about WHY you allow yourself to be brainwashed.

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/v...
  • scbluesman13 2013/02/04 19:49:10
    I think...
    scbluesman13
    +4
    The bushmaster was not the weapon that was found in the trunk of the car, but a 12-gauge shotgun.
  • Michaelene 2013/02/04 14:46:30
    Michaelene
    +2
    If the gun was in the car, that would ruin the whole agenda of removing our rights to protect the children.
    As a disabled person who has survived a home invasion, 7 bullets is not enough, I want to make sure a perp is dead, not injured so they can't hurt me further.

Where is the discussion of the mental health issue?

Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) has his hands full, first his illegal immigrant intern is a registered sex offender and now he's caught with his hands all over teenage prostitutes who will not be protected and face real danger for speaking out about Menendez and Dr Feelgood.
    He is an example of the worst NJ has to offer! Maybe he will get a show on MSNBC or Current, lmao
  • Bastion Michaelene 2013/02/04 20:13:50
  • Michaelene Bastion 2013/02/05 13:30:05
    Michaelene
    +2
    What is there? All I see are general announcements such as meeting dates, amber alerts and the hotline set up for donations. No mention of mental health services what so ever.
  • Bastion Michaelene 2013/02/05 13:43:12
    Bastion
    +1
    It was the state police of Conneticut - report clarifying that the Bushmaster was found inside the school. Sorry the page changes - you'd have to look for the report. There are plenty of other sources.
  • ProudPr... Bastion 2013/02/05 13:57:28
  • Bastion ProudPr... 2013/02/05 14:11:28
    Bastion
    +1
    Thanks! I was distracted by actual work. Don't tell my boss.
  • SunShine ProudPr... 2013/02/05 17:30:20
    SunShine
    oh.. a Hearst paper.. that's good!!
  • ProudPr... SunShine 2013/02/05 18:02:35
  • SunShine ProudPr... 2013/02/05 19:31:41
    SunShine
    +1
    all liberal rags
  • ProudPr... SunShine 2013/02/05 19:36:19
    ProudProgressive
    Matt Drudge??? It doesn't get any more Right Wing than that.
  • Osama M... SunShine 2013/02/05 19:58:42
    Osama McDonalds
    "All liberal rags"...Are you kidding me? You don't even have to follow the links to know that THE FIRST 3 are not even close to 'liberal rags'.
  • Bastion Michaelene 2013/02/05 14:14:58
    Bastion
    ProudProgressive has the link below.

My point was the accusation of media lies in the particular case referenced in this post in innacurate. The Bushmaster rifle was indeed used in the shooting,
  • Michaelene Bastion 2013/02/05 14:19:40
    Michaelene
    +1
    Do I look like one of those idiots on tv who repeatedly reported there were 2 hand guns and then 4 handguns and a rifle in the car"
    PP knows how to talk to me when he needs to, unless you two are one and the same?? Are you or he a sock?
  • ProudPr... Michaelene 2013/02/05 14:21:24
    ProudProgressive
    There were plenty of guns. The one he used to kill 26 people was the Bushmaster.
  • Michaelene ProudPr... 2013/02/08 21:21:27
    Michaelene
    +1
    see I knew you'd show up
    You do know you have the right and the responsibility (key word) to defend yourself. I want to be as well armed as I can safely defend myself. If you've ever been a victim of a gun crime, you'd think twice about defending yourself.

I pray that our police officers are safe, well armed, with protection to prevent crimes. I know they cannot be everywhere, and I've experienced the wait times on several occassions.

The majority of gun crimes and murders are done by criminals. "5% of repeat offenders committ 60% of the gun crimes". www.phillypolice.com

The gangs and the drug cartels are armed beyond that Bushmaster. Just look up the facts about the Fast and Furious guns connected to hundreds of Mexican citizens and 3 federal agents. Thousands more out there.

Unreal.
  • Bastion Michaelene 2013/02/05 14:22:21
    Bastion
    Chill. The "idiots on tv" get their information as it comes to them.

PP just found the link I was looking for. There are no commie socks under the bed. Put down the assault rifle, and come on out of the bunker.
  • ProudPr... Michaelene 2013/02/05 13:57:06
    ProudProgressive
    Good, then you will spend the rest of your life in jail. If you've injured someone, thus removing the threat, and you keep firing, that's called MURDER.

Have a nice trip.
  • Michaelene ProudPr... 2013/02/05 14:17:27
    Michaelene
    +1
    I guess you missed the recent home invasion where the wife and kids hid out in the attic crawl space and the perp was not dead, she ran out of bullets.
    Lucky for her there was only one man, usually there are more than one.

You bleeding hearts for criminals is what has made their lives behind bars just to sweet. Free food, beds, cable tv, internet, a gym and a college education too. Must be idiots to waste money on criminals when so many innocent Americans and the victims of these criminals suffer while the perp gets his degree.
  • ProudPr... Michaelene 2013/02/05 14:24:46
    ProudProgressive
    I agree with you that in many cases there are way too many "perks" to prison life. I think if someone is convicted of murder, rape or other serious violent crime they should get enough food and water to live on but that's about it. However, I don't really believe that stiffer penalties or harsher conditions will do very much to cut down on violent crime, since most criminals don't expect to be caught.
  • Michaelene ProudPr... 2013/02/08 21:27:55
    Michaelene
    +1
    5 year gun laws should be increased to 10 years or higher depending if the perp is a repeat offender. Some of the perps in Philly murders had as many as 11 prior arrests. That is an ourtage, that these killers are let loose.
    Philly has the stats online 5 yr trend increase of all violent crime. 60% of all gun crime is committed by 5% of criminals. www.phillypolice.com
  • SunShine Michaelene 2013/02/06 03:47:23
    SunShine
    +2
    right on.. she pumped 5 bullets into him and he still walked out of the house.. imagine if they want to disallow larger margazines.. and if there were several more men that had attacked??
  • Michaelene SunShine 2013/02/08 21:25:04
    Michaelene
    +2
    An average home invasion is with 3 people. www.phillypolice.com
    They're increasing here, the last 5 years studies are trending higher, while the idiots on the tv screen claim crime is down.
  • us 2013/02/03 19:28:26
    I think...
    us
    +2
    It is said if Robert Menendez is consorting with under-age prostitutes, but did they jump to the wrong answer. This is wrong for anyone to do this especially our government
    official.
  • Scrappyang 2013/02/03 19:03:18
    I think...
    Scrappyang
    +1
    For one thing both the NY Times and Washington Post did have articles whn I googled his name. That said, sould he be found guilty he deserves the same punishment as the reps beig naked wth juveniles in Israel did. Wrong is wrong no matter the party affiliation of the offender (s).
  • frank 2013/02/03 18:30:47
    I think...
    frank
    +2
    I think the MSM should change their name to the Snooze media. They are no longer capable of reporting the truth. The truth is usually edited out before it is aired and now all we have are news readers, the day of the true investigative reported is dead.
  • shadow76 2013/02/03 06:06:15
    shadow76
    +2
    They all have an agenda, and nothing like the truth, will stop them.
  • us shadow76 2013/02/03 19:29:49
    us
    +1
    Jesus christ know the truth.
  • shadow76 us 2013/02/04 06:13:44 (edited)
    shadow76
    Please clarify? Are you trying to be offensive? What truth?
  • us shadow76 2013/02/06 23:01:00
    us
    Thanks for writing back, not offensive, but God know the truth of what we do, I would like our media to be honest, stop lying and like nothing is going on.
  • shadow76 us 2013/02/12 19:02:21
    shadow76
    So would I, I am way tired of all the lies. Just like to know where people stand.
  • us shadow76 2013/02/13 04:07:05
    us
    +1
    Thanks for writing back, One I believe we need to be responsible, and We as nation need to believe in Jesus Christ as our personnal savior.

GOD bless

2014/10/25 16:14:50