Media Critic Smacks Down Fox News, Says No One Should Ever Hire Their Employees Again

ProudProgressive 2012/06/04 11:25:40
By Stephen D. Foster Jr.
June 3, 2012

Every once in awhile someone actually goes on the air to slam Fox News in a no-holds-barred, one-sided beat down. On Saturday afternoon, someone took the initiative and smacked down the corrupt media corporation during an interview on Media Matters Radio.

David Zurawik is a media critic for The Baltimore Sun. He has been known to criticize Fox News from time to time, and this occasion was no different. Zurawik blasted Fox & Friends for running an anti-Obama ad that could have been made by the RNC, and called every employee at the biased network unworthy of being hired by any other media network.

"Nobody wants to hire you, and it's because you've worked at Fox," Zurawik declared. "You know, you're working for an outlaw, rogue organization. And it can send me their ratings every goddamn five damn minutes and I still am not impressed with them as a journalistic operation. And I wouldn't hire anybody who worked at Fox even if I knew them, because I believe they've been compromised."

Zurawik couldn't be any more correct. Every single employee who works at Fox News is a disgrace to the American principle of a free press. Fox News has zero credibility or integrity, and should be yanked from the airwaves for constantly misleading the public and being the mouthpiece for a political party.

Fox News is so corrupt that it even manipulates it's own polls to attack Democrats and is so bad at informing the public that people who watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart or no news at all have more knowledge of the world and the issues than Fox News viewers. When a satirical news program surpasses you in informing people, you're no longer a viable news network. When a person can live in the woods for a month without news of any kind and still be more informed than Fox News viewers, that's pretty damn sad. It's not just sad, it's embarrassing. Fox News doesn't care about evidence or facts or reality, the people there make up their own from scratch. If Fox News were to be shut down immediately, America's IQ would instantly skyrocket. And maybe making it clear that Fox News is a dead end job will convince prospective journalists to stay away from the network for their own sake or risk becoming a laughingstock amongst the journalistic community and the country.

Read More: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/06/03/media-crit...

• Foxhound BN0 2012/06/04 12:02:45 (edited)
    Foxhound BN0
    +4
    Fox news is a criminal organization that spreads lies and propaganda. I would not hire anyone from Fox news unless they told me they hated it there because it was so corrupted.

• YouSirName 2012/06/05 15:22:37
    YouSirName
    +1
    Goebbels would be envious of Faux News. They have taken the "Big Lie" to heights never before seen.
  • unclepat 2012/06/04 22:20:45
    unclepat
    +2
    You know you are terrible as a news organization when the characters from your own entertainment division disavow you. How sad that even the Simpsons and the Griffin family have more damned sense than many of the viewers of fux news!! lol simpson family family guy family
  • JMCC 2012/06/04 18:07:34 (edited)
    JMCC
    +2
    Murdoch's name is being increasingly associated with some pretty poor journalistic and political shenanigans...

Hacking, corruption and bribery.

Some of it is bound to rub off...
  • David Lindner 2012/06/04 15:49:16
    David Lindner
    addicting info. so factual.
  • gocar 2012/06/04 15:38:50
    gocar
    +3
    Here, here. I always know when I am haing a political conversation with a FOX (Murdock Murder the News) watcher. They have no opinions off their own but mouth exactly what has been fed to them. Hitler said it best, "The masses are asses, they do not read, they do not think, but they can be made to feel." The rest of us are are the mercy of the voters who only FEEL something.
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/06/04 15:25:04
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    So much for free speech.
  • Bill ~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/04 12:46:09
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    It's funny to watch liberals spin on their ears and spit up pea soup at the mere mention of Fox News. They really hate it when any opinion that differs from their DNC talking points is allowed to air.

Another way to get libs into a tizzy is to say, "Sarah Palin".
  • shrfu31 Bill ~P... 2012/06/04 12:54:11
    shrfu31
    +1
    I feel so sorry for you.
  • Bill ~P... shrfu31 2012/06/04 16:44:03 (edited)
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    No need. All is well and I'm very happy but thanks for your concern. Enjoy your koolaid.
  • Maci Bill ~P... 2012/06/04 14:07:20
  • Bill ~P... Maci 2012/06/04 16:42:18 (edited)
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    It's really funny how you can jump to so many wrong conclusions when you don't know a thing about me. I actually don't follow Palin but what I do know about her is that she was a mayor, a governor, a V.P. candidate, an author, a television host and commentator and on top of all that, a mother. What I know about you is you are a 24 year old nobody who is a level 16 on Sodahead. Wow! I'll bet your parents are proud. You have accomplished so much.
  • bigfoot Maci 2012/06/07 21:00:58
    bigfoot
    Maci it is even worse than you describe.we are constantly reprimanded for comparing the RWNJs to Nazi's.we are told they love America.just disagree with us.I disagree with that .there is a warped moral justification based upon religion for credability and self created and minipulated historical events that delude people,who think like Bill G5 to Knowingly look at Facts and Truth clearly in the EYE and reject Factual Evidence in favor of their Mythical Reality.we have Witnessed this Sick Odd Delousional Behavior for centuries.the Conservatives greater worship and thirst for wealth and power Overwhelms everything else in their life. from their Religion, Wife,Daughters,family and beliefs.this behavior is constantly demonstrated and documented throughout history.given a choice between Power,Wealth and Adhereing to the Lessons of the Goodbook ,Conservatives always minipulate the Goodbooks wording to justify their lust for greed,wealth, power, and superiority.RWNJs without any sign of guilt justify Religiously and Morally their superiority to People of Color,Females and Anyone else,who challenges their Self Defined Entitlement to Wealth&Power.make no mistake Bill-G5 will sacrifice his less valuable family members for wealth and power.just like the NAZI'S.he is just following ord...
    Maci it is even worse than you describe.we are constantly reprimanded for comparing the RWNJs to Nazi's.we are told they love America.just disagree with us.I disagree with that .there is a warped moral justification based upon religion for credability and self created and minipulated historical events that delude people,who think like Bill G5 to Knowingly look at Facts and Truth clearly in the EYE and reject Factual Evidence in favor of their Mythical Reality.we have Witnessed this Sick Odd Delousional Behavior for centuries.the Conservatives greater worship and thirst for wealth and power Overwhelms everything else in their life. from their Religion, Wife,Daughters,family and beliefs.this behavior is constantly demonstrated and documented throughout history.given a choice between Power,Wealth and Adhereing to the Lessons of the Goodbook ,Conservatives always minipulate the Goodbooks wording to justify their lust for greed,wealth, power, and superiority.RWNJs without any sign of guilt justify Religiously and Morally their superiority to People of Color,Females and Anyone else,who challenges their Self Defined Entitlement to Wealth&Power.make no mistake Bill-G5 will sacrifice his less valuable family members for wealth and power.just like the NAZI'S.he is just following orders.if necessary I can list a large percentage of Activities God frowned upon until it was discovered they produced Huge Profits.just for fun.Liquor/ sold on Sunday,Gambling Casinoes,dancing with Elvis and suggestive Hip swinging music,modeling bathing suits,selling vehicles on Sunday,working Everyday,selling Sex Enhancing Drugs and Toys on T.V.,Toilet Paper,Femine Products,etc.Maci don't back down.he is Wrong and Evil.you are Right.step aside if you wish.and leave him to me.
  • Jasmine Bill ~P... 2012/06/05 00:38:31
    Jasmine
    Well, there is one thing you said that I agree with - that Fox News is 'opinion'. Unfortunately, the news is supposed to be news, not opinion. That's the big problem with Fox - all it is editorial comment as mandated by Rupert Murdoch and his minions.
  • Bill ~P... Jasmine 2012/06/05 13:01:17
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    I guess we disagree. There are opinion shows on Fox and there are news shows. On some news shows they mix in editorial with news. Kind of like most newspapers. Nothing new there. The problem liberals have is that they dare to express an opinion that does not worship at the alter of liberalism. A local radio talk show host where I live offered anyone a large cash prize if they could point out one time that a Fox news story was slanted due to bias. Most responders started bringing up editorials, blah, blah, blah. Nobody could remember a news piece. Interesting. Now I can think of several on other media outlets. We have CBS forging documents to unseat a sitting President. Recently we have NBC editing 911 tapes to push their agenda regarding the Zimmerman case. Here we have slanted and lying journalism and yet liberals give them a pass. Why? Because it suits their agenda.

Now you are giving Murdoch a hard time. What about Ted Turner? Sure, he's no longer running things at CNN, or is he? He is a hard-core liberal. In any case CNN has been found to be just as slanted as CBS and NBC. CNN is losing it's market while at the same time, Fox is adding to their market. Why? I say the answer is just as they say... people are finding that Fox is in deed "Fair and Balanced."

They are also pre...

They are also pretty much fair and balanced in their editorial as well. I enjoy hearing what Bob Beckel says as well as Juan WIlliams. I quit listening to Hannity after Colmes left.... no balance then. I think most Americans are able to distinquish news from editorial. What pisses off the liberals is that they are NOT slanting the news to suit liberal talking points.
  • Jasmine Bill ~P... 2012/06/07 04:05:50
    Jasmine
    Unfortunately it's not easy to tell the difference on fox what is news and what is editorial. True news is when you read an article (or hear it on tv) and have to ask yourself how you really feel about it as opposed to having it fed to you.

As far as tv news, I don't watch it. I would rather read something than listen to the crap on tv today. And when I read it I usually go to AP - a source that isn't bought and paid for by anyone.

And yes we do disagree because when it comes to bias, fox is the worst.
  • Bill ~P... Jasmine 2012/06/07 11:46:12 (edited)
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    Tuesday night Wolf Blitzer was quite ecstatic about exit polls that indicated the Wisconsin race might be 50-50. About 10 pm he came back on and announced that Walker had won by a healthy margin. Playing the two clips back to back ytou could hear the excitement in one and the dejection in the other. Same story...facts were there but so was his slant and obvious personal preference. He couldn't help himself. Now this is a case of a news story that he was allowing his own bias to affect. It's an example of why I don't listen to CNN. I think they are the worse. You don't hear exuberance drain from a Fox News reporters voice because a conservative lost an election. Not on a news show. CNN is the worse and a lot of people besides me seem to agree by the way their ratings keep dropping.... and Fox's rating keep going up.
  • Jasmine Bill ~P... 2012/06/09 04:42:38
    Jasmine
    Ratings have nothing to do with unbiased reporting. Nothing.
  • Bill ~P... Jasmine 2012/06/11 11:50:27
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    Apparently you are correct. CNN is losing viewers and yet they continue to show their bias.
  • Jasmine Bill ~P... 2012/06/12 02:04:50
    Jasmine
    Yep, I know I'm correct. FOX (aka faux) News is biased and yet their ratings improve? I guess some people prefer entertainment to news. Or worse yet, can't tell the difference.
  • Bill ~P... Jasmine 2012/06/12 13:17:47
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    Special Report and Shepherd Smith are news shows. The Five, O'Reilly, Hannity...commentary. Yes, I can tell the difference.

Dan Rather forging documents.... that's wasn't news. It was bias posing as news. NBC editing tapes to make Zimmerman sound like her was saying something to suit their agenda. That was faux news.

I notice how you give your liberal media a pass. Tell me one lie that a Fox News show (NOT A COMMENTARY SHOW) has made.

......(cricket noise).......
  • Jasmine Bill ~P... 2012/06/17 15:28:45
    Jasmine
    I don't watch any of it. I get my information from sources like AP, NPR, etc. I try not to listen to anything that relies on advertising to exist. Or has a biased and possibly corrupt owner.

Question for you - do you find it odd or troubling that the 2nd largest shareholder of Fox News is a Saudi prince?

"News Corp.'s second-largest shareholder, after the Murdoch family, is Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the nephew of Saudi Arabian King Abdullah, and one of the world's richest men.

Saudi Arabia, which is ruled by Alwaleed's uncle King Abdullah, is, of course, an authoritarian petro-monarchy that actually is governed by Sharia law."
  • OneOfTheAmericanPeople 2012/06/04 12:41:13
    OneOfTheAmericanPeople
    Uh yeah, since every other source of Media is in the Kenyan Kings Pocket!
  • Maynard 2012/06/04 12:27:30
    Maynard
    +1
    LIES AND PROPAGANDA DEFINED,

The lies within this article.

FOX NEWS, NUMBER ONE

FOX NEWS, NUMERO UNO

FOX NEWS, فوكس نيوز، رقم واحد

福克斯新闻网,头号

FOX NEWS, Nummer eins

"Фокс Нюз", номер едно

See how many Countries AGREE THAT FOX IS NUMBER ONE.
  • shrfu31 Maynard 2012/06/04 12:59:09
    shrfu31
    Lies and propaganda? Do you honestly believe that everyone other news agency out in the world is lying? Do you really believe it is prudent to only get your news from one source? You can listen to only one channel because EVERYONE ELSE is being paid off, liars, corrupted, etc. Does that not seem strange to you?

I hope if you ever have a family member or friend in a similar situation, you would advise them better than what you are doing now.
  • Maynard shrfu31 2012/06/05 11:50:01
    Maynard
    Never said I watch it but look at the path you went down, WOW,

FOX NEWS, NUMBER ONE

FOX NEWS, NUMERO UNO

FOX NEWS, فوكس نيوز، رقم واحد

福克斯新闻网,头号

FOX NEWS, Nummer eins

"Фокс Нюз", номер едно

RIDE ON FOX.
  • Rural Charmer 2012/06/04 12:09:51
    Rural Charmer
    +3
    Finally, people who see the truth.
    Foxhound BN0
    +4

2014/10/20 21:29:03