Maybe Republicans 'just don't like their moms or their first wives'... Say what?

jt 2012/08/22 19:01:32

At a Planned Parenthood luncheon in San Jose California yesterday, Sen. Barbara Boxer launched a full bore attack on Republicans, after Missouri U.S. Senate candidate Rep. Todd Akin made his comments about “legitimate rape.”

“There is a war against women, and Romney and Ryan — if they are elected — would become its top generals,” Boxer said calling Akin’s comments a “direct outgrowth” of the extreme positions on abortion held by Republicans.

“Where’s the outrage by Mitt Romney?” Boxer asked, “There is a sickness out there in the Republican Party, and I’m not kidding. Maybe they don’t like their moms or their first wives; I don’t know what it is.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/barbara-boxer-maybe-republicans...

A fwd article: -jt

• Snowball 2012/08/22 19:47:01
    Just stupid talk
    Snowball
    +5
    The Dems have gotten SO LOW (and I'm a fiscal democrat). First of all, they pulled this sh*t on Hillary- remember- she "demeaned the work of MLK Jr"? I am SO disgusted with my party right now. BTW, Mitt did show disgust for the statement. Secondly, I live in Missouri, and even if Akin is an idiot, Clare is a bigger idiot. I can't BELIEVE America has fallen for this manufactured war on women. There is NO WAR ON WOMEN. If there WAS, Obama clearly wasn't worried about it in year 1 or 2. There is NO trouble getting birth control- and most people should PAY for their own and can afford it- why free FOR EVERY woman??? LASTLY, MOST DEMOCRATS oppose abortion after 20 weeks. The earliest born surviving baby was born @ 21 weeks. Think about that!

• A Lionheart 2012/08/23 05:09:42
    It is true...
    A Lionheart
    +1
    Republicans want women barefoot and pregnant "where they belong". Psychos!
  • Frank 2012/08/23 00:37:44
    Just stupid talk
    Frank
    +2
    A ranting raving bxtch that bases her whole rant on what one stupid man said. Just more diversion tactics by the DNC....
  • HillaryLover 2012/08/23 00:28:17
    Just stupid talk
    HillaryLover
    +1
    Phony issue.
  • Sofahead 2012/08/23 00:01:18
    Just stupid talk
    Sofahead
    +2
    She needs to sit on a tack and rotate.
  • disclaimer 2012/08/22 22:45:59
    disclaimer
    +1
    I'm not getting involved with this.
  • makes gay women happyr 2012/08/22 22:06:27
    It is true...
    makes gay women happyr
    +1
    or theyre 900 prostituted children or boy girls in the Middle of and Far East
  • MorbidCynic 2012/08/22 21:42:20 (edited)
    Just stupid talk
    MorbidCynic
    +1
    Sounds like more idiocy from the far left.
  • Jim 2012/08/22 21:32:17
    Just stupid talk
    Jim
    +2
    Romney did show outrage at the comments made by Todd Akin. And what has the comment "legitimate rape" have to do with abortion? Boxer is so far left she is up to her waist in the Pacific Ocean. Her remarks are typical lies that the left keeps spewing forth. There is no war against women, just another tactic of the left.
  • ConservativeMom 2012/08/22 20:10:27
    Just stupid talk
    ConservativeMom
    +1
    What is it with these people?!?! There isn't a flippin' war on women!
  • A Lionh... Conserv... 2012/08/23 05:15:51
    A Lionheart
    Of course there is, but your "name" proves you will never get it. Sorry for you.
  • Centrist_Bill 2012/08/22 19:57:14
    It is true...
    Centrist_Bill
    +3
    Lets see now. They are for having the child that was produced by RAPE. They dont like the idea of equal pay for equal work. If thats not enough they oppose any help at all to support their kids when the dad's are deadbeats. In my world thats 3 strikes.
  • Jim Centris... 2012/08/22 21:33:13
    Jim
    +1
    Show us the proof of your comments or retract them.
  • Centris... Jim 2012/08/23 03:09:46
    Centrist_Bill
    +2
    OK the proof for RAPE claim is simple all you have to do is look at the claim that they just made about rape. As for equal pay well look at labor stats. As for the idea of not helping women with kids support themselves how long have they been trying to reform(Code word for ELIMINATE) welfare for kids.
  • The Patriot 2012/08/22 19:52:29
    The Patriot
    +1
    What's the difference between your job and your wife?

After 10 years - your job still sucks!
  • Snowball 2012/08/22 19:47:01
    Just stupid talk
    Snowball
    +5
  • Jim Snowball 2012/08/22 21:35:16
    Jim
    +1
    Are you sure you're a Democrat? It doesn't sound like you are. Your remarks are very conservative.
  • JP Snowball 2012/08/22 23:27:01
    JP
    +1
    A democrat with vision beyond party lines? Wonderful!
  • A Lionh... Snowball 2012/08/23 05:12:45
    A Lionheart
    +1
    Congratulations! You have become a Republican! Good riddance to you.
  • Snowball A Lionh... 2012/08/25 02:22:28
    Snowball
    I'm SO crushed. You know what they say about short men who overcompensate with body building- AND you SMOKE?! Uh- huh...;)
  • A Lionh... Snowball 2012/08/25 02:35:55
    A Lionheart
    Right, your 5'3" and you call me short, get back to me when you are 5'9" and see things from my level (not to mention most people see me as taller than I am) You call yourself moderate and christian and don't realize that they are mutually exclusive LOL. No I don't actually smoke but I do use tobacco in a way but there is no selection for that, I just didn't want to come across as a tobacco prude. Yay, you can read a profile, don't pretend it means you know me.
  • Snowball A Lionh... 2012/08/25 02:58:43
    Snowball
    +1
    Ah, I'm a girl... You're comparing yourself to a girl? Ok, if that makes you feel taller! Doesn't change the overcompensation part! Your Christian and moderate statement is just stupid. And BTW, you made the snarky comment first. Guess you can only give it...typical short dude with a height issue- loud & rude, but cries when he gets zinged back.
  • A Lionh... Snowball 2012/08/25 03:17:50
    A Lionheart
    I'm not comparing myself to you, I'm telling you you don't know what you are talking about. I don't understand why you keep calling me short, I'm 5'9" average human height is 5'4" (I don't make a constant comparison between males vs females do you? that's rather sexist if so.) Yeah average male in the US is 5'10" so what. This is your issue not mine. My snarky comment? You're no Democrat! Own it, admit you're another conservitard if you have the guts. What have I said that makes you think I have an issue with my height? You are the only one who has said anything detrimental about my height, not me, I think you are projecting.

"Ah, I'm a girl... You're comparing yourself to a girl?"
    What, you want special privileges because your a girl? I bet you want equal pay too. Don't tell me on the one hand that your not equal and then demand equality on the other. This was your statement not mine... I don't care how tall you are and I never made an issue of my height you did and now you want to use it as a weapon against me?

You're just pathetic, good bye.
  • Snowball A Lionh... 2012/08/26 03:06:51 (edited)
    Snowball
    +1
    Listen muscle head, I really don't care what you think. Spending time over compensating for your body won't replace the fact that you put ugly into this first. What you failed to miss was I was treating you with the same disrespect you gave me- AND you cried when it was done to you- but someone does it back to you, and you cry foul. THIS is what I hate about what OBAMA has changed the democrat party into, a bunch of babies that are hypocrites. YOU own that. Now YOU leave ME alone. Go exercise your brain instead of the air in your mouth.
  • A Lionh... Snowball 2012/08/26 14:38:48
    A Lionheart
    So back to my original statement. Good riddance to you. Back on the porch puppy.
  • Snowball A Lionh... 2012/08/29 00:15:56
    Snowball
    Typical self absorbed response.
  • lylamerican 2012/08/22 19:38:35
    Just stupid talk
    lylamerican
    +1
    In some cases.
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/08/22 19:35:39
    Just stupid talk
    Lerro DeHazel
    +2
    Teddy Kennedy; A DEMOCRAT, proved another way of Planning some knd of Parenthood; thus, Boxer should have shown up at the San Jose Hen's Nest, fully adorned in a Frogman's Outfit, with web-feet, and goggles, and with an air-tank strapped to her back. That would have made sense . . . This woman needs to try to find some way to make some kind of sense . . . . She just never makes any sense at all, whenever she steps in front of a microphone . . . Is it menopausal, or what? . . . I really wonder . . . Hmmmmm? . . . If it is, then she should not use THAT as another excuse .. . She's not the only woman who's ever experienced any of that kind of stuff like that . . . It's "femalia" .. . It happens all the time. Who really knows about Boxer, anyway? .. . Maybe she wishes that she were a man? . . . ? ? ? . . . No one knows.
    Just stupid talk
    +4
    Ms Boxer ..
    who well-demonstrates her DISRESPECT for the Military (MALE and Female Serving -- and Veterans too) ..
    http://dailycaller.com/2010/0...
    http://www.foxnews.com/politi...
    and someone so out of touch (due to years of being entrenched within "body politic")
    hasn't a CLUE here ..
    for the TRUE nature of the war on women ..
    is best exemplified by the highly-charged bit of SLANTED (pre-judging) comment she made ..
    ".. Maybe they don't like their Moms or 1st Wives .. " ..
    MS Boxer ..
    it is YOU contributing directly to the WAR on women ..
    by the well-honed use of Degradation of Women in your support of the propaganda .
    (why single out moms and wives .. a bit of a misogyny -- directly uttered by a FEMALE Politician no less)

Truly .. if she was as she would like to appear ..
    she'd have thought carefully before opening her mouth ..
    and not shown directly her own hatred of Females in the first place ..
    deflecting from her own problematic positions .. ideology ..
  • lea ott 2012/08/22 19:34:19
    Just stupid talk
    lea ott
    +1
    Some smartass expressing their opinion.
  • pantagruella 2012/08/22 19:33:47
    pantagruella
    +1
    All Americans love their mothers. If you don't love your mother than you can't say you're American. In America you can have many wives. You probably loved them all at some time or other, but the principle is always to upgrade the status symbols. An American needs to be proud of his wife when he steps out. Just because a politician is not faithful to his wife, it does not mean he is as bad as Adolf Hitler who was faithful to his wife.
    Just stupid talk
    +1
    Smear machine with trivial crap - nothing new, is what the democrats have become
  • ProudProgressive 2012/08/22 19:15:13
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    Given the level of misogyny among conservatives, I think it's legitimate to speculate on what would have led them to have such a basic hostility to the idea of treating women as equal human beings with the same rights as men. If, for example, someone was regularly beaten by their mother, that might be a viable explanation. This sort of inquiry applies to anyone who has a deeply rooted hostility towards women, not only to conservatives, but given that it is much more prevalent among conservatives, I can understand why the question was asked.
  • Jim ProudPr... 2012/08/22 21:38:17
    Jim
    +1
    Proof of the basis of your remarks.
  • Ashley 2012/08/22 19:14:58
    Ashley
    +1
    Love her opinions... no facts there.
  • Dee 2012/08/22 19:13:48
    Just stupid talk
    Dee
    +1
    I love the smell of desperation in the morning...

BTW, was it out tax dollars that paid for the Planned Parenthood luncheon?
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/08/22 19:07:25
    It is true...
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    they are basically condescending, phallocentric macho "father figures" who think that the woman's place is in the home, either in the kitchen with a wooden spoon in their hand or on the bed on her back and gritting her teeth ...
  • Jim Mark In... 2012/08/22 21:39:08
    Jim
    +1
    Proof of your remarks. Your opinion doesn't count.
  • Mark In... Jim 2012/08/23 00:07:17
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    of course it counts ... maybe not to you, but it counts to me and to some others ...
  • Crische 2012/08/22 19:07:20
    Just stupid talk
    Crische
    +1
    Sad Sad Sad. Like a bunch of less than 2 year olds.
  • voice_matters 2012/08/22 19:06:41
    Just stupid talk
    voice_matters
    +1
    just another stupid thread because the issues can not be dicsussed

2014/04/16 19:18:54