Matrix trilogy or Star Wars Episodes 1-3?

TopShelf® (oyo) 2009/04/29 18:07:40
Matrix.
Star Wars.
I Think...
Batman has no time for movies.

• Rome is burning 2009/04/29 19:32:33
    Star Wars.
    Rome is burning
    +3
    The Matrix was sweet but the other two were some of the biggest peices of crap I have ever seen. I was disapointed with Phantom Menace when I first saw it but it was up against 20 years of high expectations. Now that I've rewatched it a few dozen times I actually like it a lot. It still has a few things in it I don't like (Jar Jar) but they don't ruin the movie for me. The things I don't like in the 2nd and 3rd movies have more to do with bad screenwriting. Lucas writes some pretty terrible lines from time to time.

• Bad_Ra 2009/05/03 05:04:22
    Star Wars.
    Bad_Ra
  • TopShel... Bad_Ra 2009/05/04 14:02:39
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    i know how you feel. feel
  • small girl 2009/05/03 04:03:59
    Star Wars.
    small girl
    +1
    I saw both .. but I still think Stars Wars is all time best..
  • TopShel... small girl 2009/05/04 14:04:20
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    i understand how you feel,babe. understand feelbabe
  • small girl TopShel... 2009/05/05 03:11:33
    small girl
    +1
    which one do you like best?
  • TopShel... small girl 2009/05/05 21:46:19
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    the empire strikes back.it has the best opening scene,second act,and it is almost without any annoying kid stuff. [like ewoks or jar jar] and it has the best revelation of any film i have seen since.["luke,i am your father"]
  • small girl TopShel... 2009/05/05 22:52:20
    small girl
    +1
    I watched over and over again.. 4 and 5.. but 6 "the return of Jedi" I could only see 1 1/2..
  • TopShel... small girl 2009/05/06 19:59:19
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    jedi was very hard to digest.a truly godawful film.
  • small girl TopShel... 2009/05/06 23:47:32
    small girl
    +1
    yeah. not very good..
  • m 2009/04/30 21:52:06
    Star Wars.
    m
    +2
    I just could not get into The Matrix. The Star Wars first episode would have been so much better without that damn Jar Jar character! star wars matrix star wars episode damn jar jar character
  • TopShel... m 2009/05/01 19:37:34
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +2
    there are so many levels to the films,it really is amazing.so many philosophical meanings,such great action,better story;less contrived,and forced.best possible finale,and third episode all around.

but,hey!to each his own,as they say.i can dig both on certain levels.
    ...i love a good race scene.
  • BK 2009/04/30 14:56:47
    Star Wars.
    BK
    +1
    While the first Matrix was probably better than the prequel trilogy at its best, it was only by a little in my opinion, and while the prequel trilogy had some small continuity issues, it was better than the ending of the Matrix trilogy, which had, and I'm not making this up, confused my fellow moviegoers enough that one guy actually yelled out after the end of three "What the fuck?" No one disagreed with him. After the promise of the first film, and the theories of fans online before the third movie, what was actually put on screen was an insult to all of humanity. I want to punch Keanu for that movie. The effects were awesome, the fights were fantastic, but the ending was just...absurd. So Neo's abilities in the Matrix are the same in the real world? He's got super powers? Really? Star Wars, by contrast, had issues, but the ending fit the story. Anakin became Darth Vader, the Republic became the Empire, the Jedi order was vitually wiped out.
  • TopShel... BK 2009/04/30 18:19:40
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    it had some major issues,if you relate the first trilogy to the second.here's one,at the [rushed] ending of episode 3,vader is knighted as the emperor's number 2.in the beginning of episode 4,vader seemingly defers to that skinny commander with the british accent.

one more,yoda acts like old pals with chewbacca in episode 3,and like they never met in episode5.the ending people wanted was dashed at the end of part 2,when keanu told morpheus that the prophecy was a lie,a means of control.he sacrificed himself for humanity,like someone else was said to have done a while ago.i dug it completely.
  • BK TopShel... 2009/04/30 18:36:25
    BK
    +1
    Grand Moff Tarkin, one of the upper echelon of Imperial commanders. Vader did defer to him, but only as a courtesy. (In case you haven't guessed, I'm a huge Star Wars geek.) Yoda knows the Wookies well, and Chewbacca in particular, but he never sees him after leaving Kashyyyk. Even if he did see him, and know that Luke was trying to protect him, as a Jedi, he would not allow his personal feelings to interfere with doing the will of the Force.
    It's been a while since I saw the second two Matrix movies, and I only saw each of them once, but my biggest issue wasn't neccessarily the prophecy, but more along the lines of his having the ability to control machines outside of the Matrix made no sense. Also, I didn't like the way that it seemed like the whole thing just rebooted, and started over again, and the story would repeat itself. It left me feeling like what was the point?
    It's cool that you liked it more, I definitely understand some of the complaints that people had about Star Wars, but after the original Matrix, I just thought there was a ton of wasted potential.
  • TopShel... BK 2009/05/01 19:49:58
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    i can dig where you're coming from,they both gained the same powers throughout the story [except the body snatching trick smith used] this threw a lot of people off,it reassured my knowledge of neo's powers;most of which,were foreshadowed in the story somewhere.everything became related in the whole thing for me;from the first to the third.any questions you may have ,just ask. [i'm a big matrix geek]

i was more impressed with episodes 4 and 5 of the star wars trilogy.i can watch any one of them and be entertained,i just have to suspend my knowledge of the whole thing [when the prequel trilogy is concerned] or the analytical part of my mind will melt!
  • BK TopShel... 2009/05/02 17:17:25
    BK
    +1
    Yeah, Empire was my favorite, with original being just a notch below. I might have the blinders on a little where Star Wars is concerned, I saw Episode IV when I was really small and it basically started all my geek obsessions off.
  • TFTpwnsYou 2009/04/30 13:30:31
    Star Wars.
    TFTpwnsYou
  • TopShel... TFTpwnsYou 2009/04/30 13:40:11
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +2
    really?!you must have a thing for jar jar binks! :) reallyyou jar jar binks
  • TFTpwnsYou TopShel... 2009/04/30 13:50:56
    TFTpwnsYou
    +2
    LOL! Oh yeah. Totally!
  • 168290 2009/04/30 08:30:11
  • TopShel... 168290 2009/04/30 13:41:06
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    i cannot agree with you on the matrix trilogy.i do respect your opinion though.which ones did you like?
  • 168290 TopShel... 2009/04/30 19:35:57
  • TopShel... 168290 2009/05/01 19:49:59
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    on certain levels,they both did for me as well.
  • DIAMOND MIKE 2009/04/30 01:48:40
    I Think...
    DIAMOND MIKE
    +1
    i dug the first matrix the other two came close to stinking, star wars is star wars and who ever don't feel it they got a billion fans that don't care.
  • TopShel... DIAMOND... 2009/04/30 13:42:30
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    i loved all the matrix films.i think episodes 1-3 sucked balls.they had their decent parts,but,overall they sucked.
  • DIAMOND... TopShel... 2009/05/01 01:50:11
    DIAMOND MIKE
    +1
    the concept of matrix one , was so different that it made the movie great. hollywood is know for movies that taste like reheated food but this movie tasted fresh, so fresh that the sequels paled in comparison. matrix #1 against any star wars movie , to someone that had never seen or heard about either = matrix in a land slide BUT series wise, or commited fan wise star wars all the way (i never got into star wars) i don't even remember the main players names in matrix 1, which i liked, but remember the names of secondary players in star wars, which i was never crazy about. p.s. why you actin like star trek don't exist?
  • TopShel... DIAMOND... 2009/05/01 19:53:43
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    i can dig the trek,man!

did you know the ENTIRE cast of the show despised william shatner?nimoy and the sister that played uhura were tied for hating him the most.

i only recently found out that show was only on for a season and a half!
  • Anarchico Anthony 2009/04/30 00:51:42
    Star Wars.
    Anarchico Anthony
    +1
    star wars 1-6!!!
    star wars star wars 1-6
  • TopShel... Anarchi... 2009/04/30 13:43:06
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    damn,you went all the way,i can dig it.
  • Anarchi... TopShel... 2009/04/30 17:38:18
    Anarchico Anthony
    +1
    yup lol
  • Mary Philliber 2009/04/29 23:48:27
    Star Wars.
    Mary Philliber
    +2
    Love those movies. I still remember when I went to the first Star Wars. Couldn't find a seat the whole theater was full. Someone came in late looking for a friend and yelled out his name. We all answered. It was pretty funny. Don't know if he ever found out where his friend was sitting.
  • TopShel... Mary Ph... 2009/04/30 13:44:47
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    you know i was asking about episodes 1-3,don't you? episodes 1-3dont
  • Mary Ph... TopShel... 2009/04/30 14:12:29
    Mary Philliber
    +1
    Sorry. Those movies i hated.
  • dreaminon 2009/04/29 23:37:02
    I Think...
    dreaminon
    +1
    the first movies of each were both cool. After that, they just got carried away.
  • Rome is burning 2009/04/29 19:32:33
    Star Wars.
    Rome is burning
    +3
  • Superman Rome is... 2009/04/29 19:53:16
    Superman
    +2
    Perfect analysis.
  • TopShel... Rome is... 2009/04/30 13:52:14
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    not only does he write horribly,he has poor foresight.there are too many examples of this,so i will only give one.
    why didn't c-3po just relay the entire history of the clone wars,his father's history/identity,and everything else to luke?r2d2 could have done the same thing.
    but,i'll leave the fragile star wars universe alone for people to enjoy,even though it ts filled with so many plot holes it doubles as swiss cheese.
    i know,the matrix is not perfect,but at least the story was coherent and the directors stuck to it.
  • Rome is... TopShel... 2009/04/30 16:16:20
    Rome is burning
    +1
    Thats so true, I've said that myself many times. The thing that irks me about it the most is that Lucas had the benefit of knowing exactly how everything ends up so it's maddening to me how he could have allowed such obvious plotholes. They did clear up the C-3PO thing by having Bail Antilles order C-3PO's memory wiped at the end of Episode III. The R2-D2 plothole is inexcusable though.
  • TopShel... Rome is... 2009/04/30 18:20:39
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    how about the glaring difference in technology from part 3 to 4?!
  • Rome is... TopShel... 2009/04/30 19:22:10
    Rome is burning
    +1
    I try to justify it by thinking it's like a post clone war dark age but its really just a lack of continuity.

2014/09/02 12:05:57