Mars One: One-Way Ticket To The Red Planet! IS THERE ANYBODY YOU'D LIKE TO SEND ON A ONE-WAY TRIP TO MARS? (No Obama answers, please. It's too obvious.)

Tigger Too 2012/06/07 16:39:46
Yes, I'd like to send (fill in the blank) on a one-way trip to Mars.
No, there isn't anyone I'd want to send on a one-way trip to Mars.
Heck, I'd like to send MYSELF on a one-way trip to Mars!
It sounds like a science-fiction fantasy, but the company Mars One says that it's for real, and it will really establish a settlement on the planet Mars by 2023. The privately financed Dutch company has a plan. All it needs is a lot of cash, equipment and four Mars-bound astronauts who are willing to take a one-way trip to the red planet. The idea is to first send rovers, which will stake out a good site for a settlement and then build out living units. In 2022, the crew will take a "transit habitat" for the seven-month trip to Mars and settle in to their new home. The intention is that the crew will live on the planet for the rest of their lives. Every two years after that, another group will join the settlement to populate the colony.

Mars One co-founder Bas Lansdorp has a modern approach to funding the project: media exposure. "We will finance this mission by creating the biggest media event ever around it," adding, "Everybody in the world can see everything that will happen in the preparations and on Mars." Next year, the company will begin an astronaut selection process. Those who have the right stuff will then undergo a decade of preparation. And then, we assume, the Mars travelers will be ready for their out-of-this-world close-up.

IS THERE ANYBODY YOU'D LIKE TO SEND ON A ONE-WAY TRIP TO MARS? (No Obama answers, please. It's too obvious.)

mars one project

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/mars-one-one-wa...

• Billy the kid 2013/08/17 13:24:40
    Billy the kid
    +1
    A couple of my obnoxious neighbours along with their equally obnoxious and spoilt brats would be just dandy by me...
  • Tigger Too Billy t... 2013/08/17 14:19:24
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I assume you want to make your obnoxious neighbors' tickets to Mars one-way! Thanks for your comments, Ray, and have a wonderful weekend!
  • Billy t... Tigger Too 2013/08/17 14:43:18
    Billy the kid
    +1
    You're not wrong there, Tigger! Have a good one yourself!
  • kotresh 2013/08/17 10:26:00
    kotresh
    +1
    I would like to buy one way ticket to maras
  • Tigger Too kotresh 2013/08/17 12:45:30
    Tigger Too
    Nowadays, I think anywhere but Planet Earth would be a preferable place to be! Thanks for your response, kotresh!
  • Tigger Too 2012/06/09 17:37:24
    Tigger Too
    At the present time, I'd like to shoot my son off on a trip to Mars. I love the boy to pieces, but he's in the proverbial crapper with me right now! (JUST KIDDING, MICHAEL!)
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2012/06/08 15:06:22
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +1
    SARAH PALIN..she would fit in quite well, no intelligent life there so she would be right at home!
  • Tigger Too Just ME... 2012/06/09 17:24:55
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Sarah Palin would be a PERFECT candidate for a one-way trip to the Red Planet, for the reason you mentioned. In fact, she could take the rest of the Wasilla Hillbillies with her, for good measure! Thanks for your comments, Piwan, and have a wonderful weekend!

[P.S. Did you know that Bristol Palin has her own reality show coming up on Lifetime, called "Life's A Tripp," or something like that? How much more trash can Hollywood dump on the American TV viewers? I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than watch ANYTHING concerning ANY member of the Palin family!]
  • Just ME... Tigger Too 2012/06/09 19:03:24
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +1
    That is scary, another Palin show, well I certainly won't be tuning in. I am wondering , though, if by chance there IS any life on Mars i don't think I would want to inflict her on them!
  • Tigger Too Just ME... 2012/06/12 00:29:44
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I never thought of that, the potential that there might be life on Mars. You are a kind person, not wanting to inflict the Palin clan on other intelligent life in the universe. It's bad enough that we humans have to put up with them.
  • Just ME... Tigger Too 2012/06/12 13:37:24
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +1
    That would be enough to make "war of the Worlds" a reality, if we sent her there and there WAS intelligent life, I am sure they would want to retaliate!
  • Tigger Too Just ME... 2012/06/12 16:19:19
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Yes, the Martians, if they exist, would most definitely retaliate if we shipped the Palin family to their planet! Whatever planet the Palin's inhabit, they definitely dumb down the "intelligent" life wherever they go! [Kind of like Alaska!]
  • Just ME... Tigger Too 2012/06/13 14:11:19
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +1
    Maybe Palin should go live with the cast of "Jersey Shore", she would be at home there, I think!
  • Tigger Too Just ME... 2012/06/25 23:17:19
  • Just ME... Tigger Too 2012/06/26 14:16:00
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +1
    Hahahahaha! Totally agree! Did you see Palin's daughter's show got axed.GEE WHAT A SURPRISE! I'll takea da guidos froma da Jersey Shorea any day over Palins, even though I am no fan of JS. And be kind to our rock friends, that was harsh, LOL!!!!!
  • Tigger Too Just ME... 2012/06/28 00:03:14
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Did Bristol Palin's new reality show already get axed by Lifetime? I sure do hope so. I've already learned more about these Wasilla hillbillies than I ever wanted to know! The Palin family is like SO five minutes ago!
  • Just ME... Tigger Too 2012/06/28 13:53:58
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +1
    YEP, it was CANNED> Newest TV guide put it in JEERS section, writer said he couldn't even stand to watch more than 10 minutes of it! I think the FAILins are done...THANK GOD!
  • metalmania17 2012/06/07 21:31:09
    metalmania17
    +1
    jersy shore
    and these guys too
    kardashians
  • Tigger Too metalma... 2012/06/09 17:27:04
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Wow. Those are two excellent choices of groups of people to send on a one-way trip to Mars! (Especially those Kardashian skanks.) Thanks for your comments, metalmania, and have a great weekend!
  • Diana 2012/06/07 18:07:30
    Diana
    +2
    I would like to send my brother in law.He is a piece of Garbage.
  • Tigger Too Diana 2012/06/09 17:28:06
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Maybe you and I could get a 2 for 1 special for BOTH of our brothers. My younger brother is a real turd. Thanks for your response, Diana!
  • Just ME... Diana 2012/06/09 19:03:58
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +2
    Same with my sister-in-law!
  • Starman 2012/06/07 17:51:55
    Starman
    +1
    There doesn't appear to be intelligent life in this planet, I'd like to try another.
  • Tigger Too Starman 2012/06/09 17:30:07
    Tigger Too
    Well, by the time these one-way trips to Mars are viable, there probably won't be much left here on Earth anyway. The financial situation on the Red Planet HAS to be better than our global economy! Bon voyage, mon ami! Thanks for your response, Starman!
  • flyingseaturtle BN 2012/06/07 17:18:19
    flyingseaturtle BN
    +1
    I would not mind living under the ocean ;-)
    underwater hotel
  • Tigger Too flyings... 2012/06/09 17:30:59
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Oh, that photo looks so pretty and peaceful. But what happens if you spring a leak? [haha] Thanks for your response, flyingseaturtle!
  • BritPunk 2012/06/07 17:15:43
    BritPunk
    +2
    The remains of the recently deceased Ray Bradbury. That would be fitting I think.
  • Tigger Too BritPunk 2012/06/09 17:32:56
    Tigger Too
    +1
    An excellent choice! I loved reading "Something Wicked This Way Comes," and I'm pretty sure that Ray Bradbury would enjoy spending eternity on Mars. What a great author! Thanks for your response, Brit Punk!
  • BritPunk Tigger Too 2012/06/09 19:36:11
    BritPunk
    +1
    A pleasure, old bean, though in unfortunate circumstances.
  • JMCC 2012/06/07 17:12:36
    JMCC
    +1
    Anywhere has to beat being here at the moment especialy with all these

running the governments of the world...
  • Tigger Too JMCC 2012/06/09 17:33:32
    Tigger Too
    You make perfect sense! Thanks for your comments, Jonathan!
  • Son Of Anubis™ 2012/06/07 16:56:19
    Son Of Anubis™
  • Tigger Too Son Of ... 2012/06/09 17:35:00
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I can't say that I blame you! Thanks for your response, my friend!

2014/07/30 07:11:57