Many Public Schools In Texas Are Teaching..."Allah Is The Almighty God"...Should This Be Allowed.????

ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA* 2012/12/14 17:49:48

Texas teaching 'Allah is the Almighty God'

In the 70 percent of Texas public schools where a private curriculum has been installed, students are learning the “fact” that “Allah is the Almighty God,” charge critics of a new online curriculum that already is facing condemnation for its secrecy and restrictions on oversight.

The program, called CSCOPE, is a private venture operating under the umbrella of the Texas Education Service Center Curriculum Collaborative, whose incorporation documents state its independence from the State Board of Education of the Texas Education Agency.

Other reports previously have raised alarm over the curriculum’s depiction of the Boston Tea Party as a terrorist act on par with the 9/11 attack.

According to documentation that has leaked out, the program describes the Boston Tea Party this way: “A local militia, believed to be a terrorist organization, attacked the property of private citizens today at our nation’s busiest port. Although no one was injured in the attack, a large quantity of merchandise, considered to be valuable to its owners and loathsome to the perpetrators, was destroyed. The terrorists, dressed in disguise and apparently intoxicated, were able to escape into the night with the help of local citizens who harbor these fugitives and conceal their identities from the authorities. It is believed that the terrorist attack was a response to the policies enacted by the occupying country’s government. Even stronger policies are anticipated by the local citizens.”

There also have been reports that the curriculum – contrary to recent Supreme Court rulings – says the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, the right to bear arms, is limited to state-run organizations.

“The collective right’s advocates believed that the Second Amendment did not apply to individuals; rather it recognized the right of a state to arm its militia. It recognized limited individual rights only when it was exercised by members of a functioning, organized militia while actively participating in the militia’s activities.”

Separately but in a related issue, Attorney General Greg Abbott has released an opinion that is being is being quoted by critics as disqualifying Ratliff from the state board because of his connections to companies doing business with schools in Texas.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/texas-teaching-allah-is-the-almigh...

The “parent portal” provided on the public portion of CSCOPE’s website has not allayed critics’ concerns. Some of the lessons leaked to the public have contained wide disparities from the summary pages viewable in the public section of CSCOPE’s website.

Ratliff defends this dichotomy by saying that, like iTunes or any other “business,” some things must be placed behind a “pay wall” as part of a business plan. Ratliff claims that CSCOPE is created by “teachers, for teachers.”

But teachers must sign a gag order when required to use CSCOPE in their classrooms.

Complicating the issue is the fact that school districts usually purchase CSCOPE with state tax dollars.

While Ratliff calls the curriculum “instructional material” he said state oversight wouldn’t help, and “I would much rather have 7,000 locally elected school board members decide what content is best for their students, not the 15-member SBOE. Allowing CSCOPE to be developed and implemented at the local level is the ‘local control’ Texans say we want. Injecting SBOE oversight into this would shift us into a ‘controlling the locals’ approach.”

Critics say that’s not the way the system is set up, and CSCOPE actually ends local input since it prevents, on penalty of copyright litigation, distribution of its content to parents.

A vocal critic has been Texas State Rep. Debbie Riddle, a Republican

http://mobile.wnd.com/2012/12/texas-teaching-allah-is-the-alm...

One of the teachers who doesn’t like CSCOPE is Kimberly Thomas, an English teacher with 13 years of experience. She said administrators claim it raises the bar, but she believes it dilutes the curriculum.

“I have not talked to a single teacher who likes this program. I am being very serious about it,” she said.

First-year teachers enjoy having the scope and sequence laid out for them in detail and having ideas on how to approach teaching a skill, but they don’t like the lesson plans, said Thomas, who is not a Lubbock teacher and requested her school district not be identified.

The lesson plans are horrible, fraught with mistakes and unrealistic, she said. An example she gave regarded teaching inference and tone in literature, and the lesson plan was for students to pull out cell phones and play their ring tones with the rest of the class inferring why they chose those ring tones.

Parents should be concerned about what their kids are being taught under CSCOPE, she said.

“Their students are not going to be prepared. It is a watered-down curriculum, and when their kids get to college, they are going to be lost,” Thomas said.

She also doesn’t buy the selling point that CSCOPE will help prepare students for STAAR tests.

“No one has even seen STAAR tests yet. To say CSCOPE prepares for that is ridiculous,” she said.
http://lubbockonline.com/education/2011-03-10/implementing-cs...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSCOPE_(education)

Read more at :
http://midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/texas-curricu...
http://patdollard.com/2012/12/texas-schools-teaching-allah-is...
http://www.libertynewsonline.com/article_301_32657.php

• BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/12/14 18:34:29
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +15
    The sooner schools start teaching,and people wake up to the fact that islam is a cult founded by a vicious megalomaniac pedo,500 years after the birth of the true SAVIOUR the better

• Random 2013/03/13 14:11:25
    Random
    No, unless it's a religious school.
    You know, Allah means God in Arabic, Urdu, Hindi and Bengali. So if you speak these languages natively, chances are you will refer to God as Allah regardless of your religious affiliation.
  • TidBit 2013/02/06 18:54:20
    TidBit
    +1
    Where's the ACLU and the atheists outrage over this?
  • Tic-Toc 2013/01/25 13:57:51
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • ReconMa... Tic-Toc 2013/01/29 02:41:06
  • Tic-Toc ReconMa... 2013/01/29 02:42:35
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    YW... Sorry with the response Word just failed to come to me.
  • ☆ QueenAline 2013/01/23 16:54:41
  • ReconMa... ☆ Queen... 2013/01/29 02:41:36
  • Tom 2013/01/23 06:22:18
    Tom
    +1
    This is stolen word for word from the article John Griffing wrote at:
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/te...

But it is poorly written article in that the first 3 paragraphs are confusing about who is who.
    BTW How many schools in Texas use "private curriculum"? I know most of the schools in PISD and Frisco ISD do not. So 70% of what?

It is alarming that how we have less and less control over mis-information and poorly written text for our children's schools. I've seen some of CSCOPES stuff and I would not want my kids learning from their online texts - I'd say its on par with Wikipedia - and I just hate that as a source for my kid to research as you never know when somebody with a weird agenda will pop a little opinion in a long article and no on pick up on it right away.
  • ReconMa... Tom 2013/01/23 12:35:43 (edited)
  • Tom ReconMa... 2013/01/25 00:10:27
    Tom
    What ever.. call me a newbee cause I've not posted at this particular forum before.. as It wouldn't matter to you if I've been on forums and bbs-s for over 20 years - posting and hosting - and I guess its ok to not read what I said and call me as arse wipe. I know there was not a link to his article, nor did you give him credit at the front of article...and as I said it was a poorly written article and I have exchanged info with John about that. But it is an important article and one that needs to be explored and discussed. If your an example of how people post comments here I sure I have not missed out by being new here.
    I was being critical of how the article was written, not of the content, and because I pointed that out and that you did not give credit of the article you feel free to call me more names. It shows to your intelligence.
  • ReconMa... Tom 2013/01/29 02:45:29
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2013/01/22 18:07:28
  • ReconMa... jmc0780... 2013/01/23 12:37:49
  • RevJim 2013/01/21 20:47:53
    RevJim
    +1
    What happened to separation of church and state?
  • User Deactivated 2013/01/21 17:42:55
    User Deactivated
    Private schools can teach whatever they want. When Christian schools stop using tax dollars for funding, then we can complain about Muslim schools.
  • Clay Slayer 2013/01/21 15:14:53
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    No religion of any sort should be taught in public schools, Myybe the history of religion and the many different religions.. However if I wanted my children subjected to the brainwashing of religious nonsense, I would do it at home. It is not the educational systems job to teach Religion..
  • wolf sloan 2013/01/21 12:43:16
  • Bonita Colley 2013/01/19 19:06:10
    Bonita Colley
    +5
    Another reason parents need to get involved and demand to see the curriculum being used in the classrooms of their children! Will they? No, too damn busy to protect their children!
  • ReconMa... Bonita ... 2013/01/21 00:47:08
  • Bill 2013/01/19 15:13:17
    Bill
    +4
    These teachers should be fired and charged with treason.
  • ReconMa... Bill 2013/01/21 00:47:35
  • Bill ReconMa... 2013/01/21 14:59:10
    Bill
    +1
    I agree 100%.
  • hat man 2013/01/19 08:53:34
    hat man
    In Texas?!? In any case I don't care it's just a word. It has the same general meaning as God.
  • ReconMa... hat man 2013/01/21 00:48:15
  • hat man ReconMa... 2013/01/21 08:06:02
    hat man
    In Texas?
  • Clay Sl... ReconMa... 2013/01/21 15:16:09
    Clay Slayer
    No God has a place in any Public School classroom.. Go to church if you want that nonsense..
  • Muver 2013/01/19 05:40:50
    Muver
    +3
    This is wrong, dead wrong..and should NOT be allowed...in any State in this country...
    If this is what they want taught, let them go to the land that believes this and continue to live in the middle ages...somewhere else..
  • ReconMa... Muver 2013/01/21 00:48:55
  • Muver ReconMa... 2013/01/21 19:09:43
    Muver
    +1
    It it gets to that point, this country will already be in a civil war, and the kids won't be going to school anyway...
  • johngoodboy 2013/01/19 05:01:27 (edited)
    johngoodboy
    +2
    Time to repeal the law and close them down. Then investigate them and probably discover it funds terrorism. Where is homeland security on this one?
  • ReconMa... johngoo... 2013/01/21 00:49:41
  • Robin 2013/01/19 03:54:23
    Robin
    +5
    no religion in school means no Christ, Budda, Ghandi, etc..
  • LADY LI... Robin 2013/01/19 04:29:48
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    BELOVED FRIEND, HAPPY NEW YEAR to YOU & YOURS!
    http://www.sodahead.com/enter...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR ELVIS
  • ReconMa... Robin 2013/01/21 00:50:18
  • Muver ReconMa... 2013/01/21 19:11:25
    Muver
    Frankly, I would prefer that over having their thinking crammed down my throat...
  • ACE 2013/01/19 03:24:41
    ACE
    +5
    where's the aclu asswipes now.
  • LADY LI... ACE 2013/01/19 04:38:32
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    http://www.sodahead.com/enter...

HAPPY NEW YEAR ELVIS
  • ReconMa... ACE 2013/01/21 00:51:01
  • Muver ACE 2013/01/21 19:12:03
    Muver
    They only appear when it suits THEIR agenda....haven't you noticed...:D
  • Aleksandr 2013/01/19 02:28:08 (edited)
    Aleksandr
    +3
    Thank god my children are in a private school.

2014/09/20 18:04:23