Many 2008 'Conservative' Obama Backers, or ObamaCons, Will Stay True to the President: Will You?

Daryl 2012/09/05 18:00:00

THEDAILYBEAST.COM reports:
Mitt Romney has failed to win over many of the prominent Republicans and conservatives who publicly backed Barack Obama in 2008. Charles Fried, Douglas Kmiec, and others tell John Avlon why they’re sticking with the president.
obama 2008 charles fried douglas kmiec john avlon sticking president

Read More: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/04/m...

• Dana Centuri... 2012/09/10 16:12:20
    Dana
    Please read my post above to wulfdane.
  • Centuri... Dana 2012/09/11 02:29:09
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    You have the right to think as you please as do the three people you mentioned. I support that right to think as you please but I disagree. obama is the worst disaster to come here in my lifetime, actually worse than Jimmy Carter.

There have been a few times in my life when I've voted for democrats or third party. I don't intend to make either of those mistakes again.

As for the GOP Congress, they are trying to do their jobs but the democrat senate is blocking them by not even voting. Shame on Harry Reid and the democrat senators who let him get away with it.
  • Dana Centuri... 2012/09/11 03:58:30 (edited)
    Dana
    Do you really blame him for the disaster he walked into? He did not create this mess... he was not POTUS when Wall Street crashed, he did not give the banks and AIG all that money w/ no restrictions... he did not de regulate wall street or the insurance companies or the oil companies... he did not do these things. He did not start 2 wars on lies, he did not have a war for all those years and never pay a dime towards it. He never encouraged or sent jobs overseas. He inherited this mess.... and he has a congress who flat out refuses to work to fix this mess. All they care about is winning the next election and to hell with America and Americans. And you blame this on Obama? Does that really make sense to you?
  • Centuri... Dana 2012/09/11 05:44:22
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    I'll agree that part of the problem existed before he took office.

I don't see any improvement but I do see things getting worse.

For that, he is responsible.
  • Dana Centuri... 2012/09/11 15:56:52
  • Centuri... Dana 2012/09/12 11:48:01
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    The Republican House of Representatives has passed many bills most of which have apparently been shelved by Harry Reid and the democrat controlled senate. While the House has passed a budget, it has yet to even be voted on in the senate.

While Mr. obama is "supposed" to sign or veto what the House and Senate passes, instead he is usurping authority and passing his own executive orders. While a POTUS has the authority to pass executive orders, they are supposed to be used for emergency events when the Congress is not in session. In his case, if they don't give him what he wants, he "TAKES" it, a typical Chicago thug.

No. The guy is a usurping thug. We need to vote him out. If he steals the election by fraud, may lightning strike his arse!

• Dana Centuri... 2012/09/12 14:41:54
    Dana
    If he ""took" everything as you say, then he would have been able to do a whole lot more. Sadly, the crazy bills the GOP has passed that have had to be shelved were worthless bills or bills that would cause more harm to Americans. Over 60 of those bills had to do w/ taking away womens rights. How the heck would that help the economy? Does not create jobs, just harms women. Bills to give more money to the oil companies? Why would we pass those? Bills to give more tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans? That does not help anyone but a few. Bills to reduce health care for all? That helps no one, and again, does not create a single job. So, since the GOP just wants to play stupid partisian games, what is the Senate and the POTUS supposed to do? The GOP has not come up with a single bill that was shelved that would actually help get America back on it's feet. Also, please remember, that is it no secret in WA that the GOP has intended since Obama took office, to do nothing positive for helping the country, not one thing. They decided to vote as 1 single group, 100% against anything the POTUS needed done to help in the recovery. The 2 GOP members who did vote w/ the Dems were black balled, by their own party. That is not a government being run to be the voice of the people and work f...
    If he ""took" everything as you say, then he would have been able to do a whole lot more. Sadly, the crazy bills the GOP has passed that have had to be shelved were worthless bills or bills that would cause more harm to Americans. Over 60 of those bills had to do w/ taking away womens rights. How the heck would that help the economy? Does not create jobs, just harms women. Bills to give more money to the oil companies? Why would we pass those? Bills to give more tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans? That does not help anyone but a few. Bills to reduce health care for all? That helps no one, and again, does not create a single job. So, since the GOP just wants to play stupid partisian games, what is the Senate and the POTUS supposed to do? The GOP has not come up with a single bill that was shelved that would actually help get America back on it's feet. Also, please remember, that is it no secret in WA that the GOP has intended since Obama took office, to do nothing positive for helping the country, not one thing. They decided to vote as 1 single group, 100% against anything the POTUS needed done to help in the recovery. The 2 GOP members who did vote w/ the Dems were black balled, by their own party. That is not a government being run to be the voice of the people and work for the people who pay them, that is nothing but a bunch of school yard bullies playing wicked games to harm people. Frankly, I think McConnell, Cantor and Boehner and their cronies should ALL be impeached for obstructionism. That is not patriotic, that is not doing their well paid duties to help this country, they are just abusing their power. And it is a disgrace. If the dems were not such cowards, they would go after these clowns, but they are cowards and it is a sad state of affairs.
  • Soup Man 2012/09/10 00:08:12
  • Aquaduck 2012/09/09 23:46:32
    Aquaduck
    +2
    Well I'm not a Conservative anyway.
  • Bunk11 2012/09/09 23:01:31
    Bunk11
    +2
    It is not possible to be a conservative in any real meaning of the word and vote for Obama. There is nothing that he supports that is consistent with anything a conservative would support. So someone who says he is a conservative for Obama is either lying about being a conservative or totally uninformed about what conservatives are.
  • Bunk11 Bunk11 2012/09/09 23:04:07
    Bunk11
    +1
    I read the article after posting this. None of these people is a conservative. Colin Powell? He's a pro-defense liberal (who screwed up the Gulf War). Another guy was named an ambassador by Obama so he's clearly 1) not a conservative and 2) bought.
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/09/09 22:40:48
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I did not Vote for the P.O.S. Won't vote for him, will not accept him as leader of the country, never did never will...
  • Maggy 2012/09/09 22:18:03
    Maggy
    +4
    Apparently, we have enough ignorant Liberals out there that believe Obama is going to give them a Mansion on the Hill if he remains in office! These Obama supporters need to be sent to Washington so they can clean Obama's Living Quarters, Do his Laundry and sleep with him and Michele in the same bedroom inorder for them to be able to stay as close as they can to Obama! I do believe that most of Obama's supporters would actually take Obama up on this one!
  • Aquaduck Maggy 2012/09/09 23:45:26
    Aquaduck
    Is this really your argument? Romney won't give us a "Mansion on the Hill" either, so where did you intend to go with this?
  • Joe Maggy 2012/09/10 06:04:15
    Joe
    Way to go, dear. You are a very astute lady. jms
  • belle 2012/09/09 21:38:37
    belle
    +2
    After 4 years of Obama, he doesn't deserve any American standing for him except Moochelle. Moochelle has been the only one to benefit from him being president.
  • STEVE 2012/09/09 15:37:54
    STEVE
    +3
    AND I AM NOT A JEW BACKING HITLER, OR A CUBAN REFUGEE BACKING CASTRO, OR A CAMBODIAN WANTING TO BRING BACK ...YOU KNOW THAT POT GUY...
  • David (oYo) 2012/09/09 09:54:53
  • ☆astac☆... David (... 2012/09/10 12:58:50
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    It is progressive policies that are bringing European countries down
  • David (... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/10 13:24:18
  • ☆astac☆... David (... 2012/09/11 02:59:44
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    Social spending, taxing the productive, same crap you progressives want to do over here
  • David (... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/11 14:16:05
  • Proggy 2012/09/09 06:28:30
    Proggy
    +6
    I just called myself a conservative! Ewwww! Excuse me while I go take 50 showers!
  • The Lib... Proggy 2012/09/09 22:24:56 (edited)
    The Lib Hater
    +3
    You got that right, you're not smart enough to be a conservative, matter of fact, I'll bet you don't even know what conservatism means. I'll agree on the shower however, seeing it's probably been days since you've left your mother's basement.
  • Proggy The Lib... 2012/09/09 23:17:15
    Proggy
    +4
    Conservatism summed up right here...

conservatism summed

Though my mom lives over 2000 miles away, she does have a very comfy basement.
  • The Lib... Proggy 2012/09/10 14:38:36 (edited)
    The Lib Hater
    +1
    I understand that you do not want to believe that you voted for a 3rd party socialist who should have never been elected to the highest seat in the land.
    In 2008, 0bama deceived the American public, and the no common sense voter. Yet the liberal moonbats are still blinded by 0bama's light. You don't care, do ya Ms recipient? Just as long as the government gives you what you didn't earn. Fact of the matter is, You are a socialist. The argument can not be broken. Want to see how liberals think? Let's watch.....If ya have the stomach to see what Liberal psychiatric disability looks like. NOTE, This video was made in in mid November 2008 when the democrats held the majority in both House, and Senate.
  • Proggy The Lib... 2012/09/10 16:01:04 (edited)
  • The Lib... Proggy 2012/09/11 02:31:07 (edited)
    The Lib Hater
    +1
    LOL, You don't even know what the Tea Party stands for. I'll tell you what you stand for, that's the filth that you support. 0bama says he needs four more years to finish the job he started. That’s his way of admitting he’d rather have Americans not look too closely at his piss poor job performance. This Muslim's campaign slogan “Forward” is perfect for him because he doesn’t want voters to look back at the wreckage in his wake. Now, seeing you were able to go off on me when I was blocked, let's see if we can't make an example out of how smart you are- How do you stop poverty when you import poverty? Simple question, now answer it. Ya, I see where the real hate is at hey Proggy. I'll let you slid on it seeing you are so intellectually challenged.
    Here's a video right up your alley Proggy... Enjoy.
  • Proggy The Lib... 2012/09/11 14:43:17
  • The Lib... Proggy 2012/09/11 15:46:36
  • Proggy The Lib... 2012/09/11 16:12:55
    Proggy
    +1
    Hahahaha! You knuckle-dragging troglodytes have done nothing whine like little bitches and run around like chicken littles screaming the sky is falling for nearly four years. You dumbasses parrot and regurgitate the inane, insane, and stupidest of talking points you're ordered to by your right-wing commanders and no matter how retarded they make you look and sound you only report back for more orders. You idiots were with the "I hope he fails" crowd before he was even sworn in. You far-right f*cktards are no better than the Taliban and Al Qaeda because you've been rooting for America to fail and with each success whether it was saving the American automobile industry along with millions of jobs or killing Osama Bin Laden you simply bogged down deeper in your hatred of America and the man who held it's highest office.

You've got some goddamn nerve to insult anyone's intelligence. You imbeciles collectively have the I.Q. of an onion (my apologies to onions). You voted for tools like Sarah Palin, Sharron Angle, Michele Bachmann, and Christine O'Donnell and actually insult someone else I.Q.? That's rich! I suggest you take the test.... http://www.themorontest.com/
  • The Lib... Proggy 2012/09/12 02:27:42
    The Lib Hater
    +1
    LOL, Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and write something like that? Here is one of my tweets, you'll love this, moron- Reuters reported that (federally-bailed-out) General Motors’ Chevy Volt is selling at a loss of as much as $49,000 per vehicle, and that certain experts think it doesn’t look likely that GM will ever make that money back. Ooops, it looks like Frank Marshall Davis Obama didn't do what was expected at GM. Really STUPES, only thing 0bama did was bail out the union. Seeing you are a stupe, the unions did nothing after the bailout. Meaning, they made no changes in cutbacks or pensions, you know, the things that caused them to get in that mess in the first place. I don't take suggestions from liberal socialists. So, if you have enough room in your ass, seeing your head is up it, try to sqeeze that test you offer in there as well.
  • Proggy The Lib... 2012/09/12 07:46:52
  • The Lib... Proggy 2012/09/12 13:25:35 (edited)
    The Lib Hater
    +1
    LOL, you're a digusting atheist, know nothing, college punk. Have you read the news on how STUPID, LOW LIFE Progressives are? The asswipes are bringing Bush back on 911. I can understand why seeing 0bama is running for re-election and knowing the Muslim can't run on his record. Yes Dumb Ass Progressives hate Bush, and I'll never know why they never mention Bill Clinton knowing he let Bin Laden go. Progressives are so desperate that they have to bring Bush out and blame him for 9/11. Let's be real clear here, 0bama did not get Bin Laden; Navy Seals are the real heroes. Any President would have given that order, "EXCEPT CLINTON." What did the Seals get out it? Their secret information given to Hollywood producers. Who else, but the liberal media would use 911 for political purposes? How low can these scumbags go? And that Muslim President with his I,I,I,I,I,I crap makes me want to puke. I have to tell you, Proggy, you sure put the STU in PID. But hell, your a LOL Progressive.
  • Proggy The Lib... 2012/09/12 19:11:49
    Proggy
    +1
    Better than a buffoonish moron who talk to his imaginary friend who makes him read and believe in a magic book of fairy tales and bedtime stories.

No one brought up Bush on 9/11 but the idiot contards. Even they know 9/11 will be a testament to the Bush administration's many abject failures. I see you're a still and idiot who's too stupid to know what religion the man who hold your own nation's highest office is, but you're LOL a conservative. No dumbass, progressive don't hate bush. We leave the "HATE" to uncivilized cretins like conservatives. You've got holding someone accountable sorely confused with "hate".

True to your ignorant contard nature I see you still peddling that debunked lie that Bill Clinton passed on capturing Osama Bin Laden. As usual you right-wing turds don't let the facts get in the way of a good lie.

Tell me this you retard, If the Navy SEALs brought justice to Bin Laden and it had nothing to do with any leadership at the top. Why didn't they get him in the 7 years he remained at large under Bush? Face it BUSH FAILED! President Obama succeed. It's common knowledge if you ever care to listen to facts that Bush stopped looking for Bin Laden because he "wasn't concerned". As usual a democrat cleaned up a republican mess, and smart did what stupid couldn't.

...

I'm glad the President makes you want to puke, because you're going to have the pain and discomfort of dry heaving for another 4 years. In fact I hope you nothing to nourish yourself with but your own rancid digestive acids. I have to tell you, you sure put the IG in NORANCE. But Hell, you're a LOL Conservative.
  • The Lib... Proggy 2012/09/13 13:04:59 (edited)
  • Proggy The Lib... 2012/09/13 19:50:26
    Proggy
    You are a Conservative need I define it for you? CONSERVATIVES are individuals that suffer from acute willful ignorance, xenophobia, leaving them stuck in a state of delusion. The can be seen muddling about in their stupors of misinformation at glorified neo Nazi marches and KKK meetings known as CPAC and the RNC convention, spewing parroted talking points from inside the right-wing echo chamber. Required dress at all times include a tinfoil hate, a pair of blinders, and earplugs just in case they come across non right-wing media. In the case of a zombie apocalypse if one to were ever happen, due to the fact that zombies like to feast on brains the conservative would be totally safe from attack, as they lack the nutritional value a zombie would be looking for.

I've got an idea, after Rmoney's concession speech why don't the entire conservative base commit suicide in protest to the President's re-election. That'll teach us all a good lesson. What conservatives have contributed to American society and the world for that matter doesn't even amount to a steaming pile of excrement. Conservative policies and ideas have given us nothing but ballooned deficits, insurmountable income inequality, and heightened unemployment and poverty rates. Everything America and the world would be much better off without.
  • Todd~AF... Proggy 2012/09/11 02:47:55
    Todd~AFCL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I can see you are very angry and full of hatred. Maybe you should just go to your local spa and take a nice relaxing dip. I am sure that once obama has finished with the economy, these will be all over the place and free of charge for a person of your discriminating tastes. pig sty
  • Proggy Todd~AF... 2012/09/11 14:44:48
    Proggy
    +1
    voting republican

Anger? Hatred? You must be looking in a mirror pal.
  • Todd~AF... Proggy 2012/09/11 15:28:27
    Todd~AFCL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I see you can not even be original; you have given me that lying graphic a few times. No, I am not looking in a mirror to see the hatred and anger; it is obvious in your words and in how you make false accusations against anybody who does not bow before your lord and master obama, or anybody who opposes the socialist takeover of America.
    Voting Democrat Voting Democrat Voting Democrat Voting Democrat

2014/07/30 23:46:58