Man is arrested for threatening to assassinate Obama on the internet.. Do you agree that he should be arrested?

Freedomwatcher 2009/01/19 16:00:37

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Federal officials in Jackson, Mississippi say a Wisconsin man was arrested in that state today over what they say is a threat on the Internet to kill President-elect Barack Obama. Forty-2-year-old Steven Joseph Christopher was taken into custody by the Secret Service in Brookhaven, Mississippi, and charged with threatening to assassinate Obama for what he claimed was "the country's own good." [1] WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Authorities on Friday arrested a U.S. man on suspicion of threatening to kill President-elect Barack Obama based on statements he posted on a website about UFOs and aliens, the Justice Department said. Steven Joseph Christopher, in three postings to www.alien-earth.org, said he planned to assassinate Obama in Washington "as a sacrificial lamb," the department said in a statement. "It's really nothing personal about the man. He speaks well. I know it's for the country's own good that I do this," Christopher reportedly wrote. "It's not because I'm racist that I will kill Barack, it's because I can no longer allow the Jewish parasites to bully their way into making the American people submit to their evil ways." Christopher added that he needed money to get to Washington and that he did not own a gun, the department said.[2] "I have decided I will assassinate Barack Obama. It's really nothing personal about the man But I know it's for the country's own good that I do this," Christopher wrote in a website posting on January 11, according to the Secret Service. "It's not because I'm racist that I will kill Barack, it's because I can no longer allow the Jewish parasites to bully their way into making the American people submit to their evil ways." On the website, Christopher said that Obama had appointed Jews to key positions in the future administration, despite the fact that they had masterminded the September 11 attacks on the twin towers in New York. "He is the puppet of the Jews.[3]

I have decided I will assasinate Barack Obama. It's really nothing personal about the man. He speaks well, has a loving although controlling wife and two cute daughters. I know it's for the country's own good that I do this. I'm not racist either, my family is a little, but isn't all Italian and european families? I mean how many times have you heard the word (racial slur) in the comforts of your home? I have a lot, and it really bothered me and I would confront them about it. No, it's not because I'm racist that I will kill Barack, it's because I can no longer allow the Jewish parasites to bully their way into making the American people submit to their evil ways. How many of you Obama supporters are now disappointed after some of his arm-twisted Jewish appointee decisions??? Make's you think he's not really in charge(which he isn't). No it's the same old, same old filthy (expletive) (racial slur) who are poisoning America, who have murdered thousands of innocent lives on 9-11-01, and are thinking that they are going to get away with it again.[4]

"Yes, I have decided I will assassinate Barack Obama. It's really nothing personal about the man," Christopher said, according to the release. "But I know it's for the country's own good that I do this." Authorities didn't say whether Christopher had weapons, but the affidavit said he wrote in his posting that he did not own a gun and needed one donated. A reporter was prevented from speaking to Christopher, who appeared in court Friday in shorts and a yellow T-shirt full of holes, or his attorney as they were escorted from the courthouse by authorities.[5] "I have decided I will assassinate Barack Obama. It's really nothing personal about the man. I know it's for the country's own good that I do this," Christopher wrote in a posting on the website www.alien-earth.org on January 11, according to CBS news.[6] On January 11th, Christopher wrote, "Yes, I have decided I will assassinate Barack Obama. It's really nothing personal about the man. He speaks well, has a loving although controlling wife and two cute daughters. I know it's for the country's own good that I can do this.[7]

Washington: Agents from the U.S. Secret Service have arrested a man in Mississippi for making threats to assassinate Barack Obama, according to the U.S. Department of Justice. Steven Joseph Christopher reportedly threatened to kill the U.S. president-elect on his inauguration on January 20. [8] The Secret Service took 42-year-old Steven Joseph Christopher into custody in Brookhaven, Mississippi, Friday on charges of threatening to kill Obama, U.S. federal prosecutors announced. "Threats against the president-elect will be taken very seriously''' Use of Internet chat rooms to express those threats is as much a crime as uttering the words. Threats of this nature will be pursued swiftly and vigorously," said U.S. attorney for Mississippi Dunn Lampton.[3] Steven Joseph Christopher, 42, was arrested by the Secret Service in Mississippi for threatening to kill Obama on the Internet, the U.S. Department of Justice was quoted as saying by the CBS news.[6]

Christopher, who is from Wisconsin, was arrested by the Secret Service in Brookhaven on Friday, after two threats were posted on the Internet, The Telegraph reported. Federal prosecutors said that he was charged with threatening to kill Obama for what he claimed was the countrys own good.[9] Christopher, who is from Wisconsin, was arrested after two threats were posted on the Internet. Federal prosecutors said that he was charged with threatening to kill Obama for what he claimed was the country'''s good. Christopher asked the Internet forum participants to provide him with gun and money. If his guilt is confirmed he will be sentenced for 5 years of imprisonment and fined for 250 thousand dollars.[10]

Christopher, who was arrested by the Secret Service in Mississippi, has been charged with threatening to kill Mr. Obama for "the country's own good," according to prosecutors.[4] Christopher appeared in the U.S. Southern District Court in Jackson Friday afternoon. Secret Service agents tracked him down after he publicly threatened to assassinate Obama on the Web site www.alien-earth.org, creating a thread entitled, "ok we have 9 days until my Presidential Assasination." In the online post, he referred to Obama as a "sacrificial lamb," saying "I know it's for the country's own good that I do this."[11]

"Threats against the president-elect will be taken very seriously," Dunn Lampton, U.S. attorney for the southern district of Mississippi, said in a release. "Use of Internet chat rooms to express those threats is as much a crime as uttering the words. Threats of this nature will be pursued swiftly and vigorously." An affidavit from Secret Service Special Agent Kelly Adcox released by Lampton's office quotes Christopher as saying he has nothing personal against Obama and that he's not a racist.[5] I wll have you found, arrested and executed, if you push me too far. Christopher was arrested without incident by agents of the U.S. Secret Service and members of the Lincoln County, Miss. , Sheriff's Department and agents of the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation pursuant to a criminal complaint charging him with a violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 871 which makes it a crime for anyone to threaten to kill the President-Elect of the United States. The maximum penalty for this offense is 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.[12] Steven Joseph Christopher, 42, was taken into custody at a home in Brookhaven by U.S. Secret Service agents, Lincoln County sheriff's deputies and Mississippi Bureau of Investigation agents.[13] Steven Joseph Christopher spent time on the internet, using at least three different usernames to post about 70 different videos on Youtube.com. It was this message posted on www.alien-earth.org that caught the attention of a special agent with the U.S. Secret Service.[7]

Steven Joseph Christopher, who is from Wisconsin, was arrested by the U.S. Secret Service, with the assistance of local law enforcement.[14]

A Wisconsin man named Steven Joseph Christopher has been arrested for threatening to kill President-elect Barack Obama on the Internet.[4] Washington: A Wisconsin man was arrested in Mississippi for threatening to kill President-elect Barack Obama on his January 20 inauguration, media reports said.[6] A Wisconsin man was was arrested this morning in Lincoln County for threatening to kill President-elect Barack Obama.[11]

A Wisconsin man was arrested in Mississippi on Friday on charges he made threats on the Internet to assassinate President-elect Barack Obama.[13] WASHINGTON: A man was arrested on Friday in Brookhaven, Mississippi after having made threats to assassinate Barack Obama on his January 20 inauguration, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.[14] Washington '''APA. 42-year old Steven Joseph Christopher was arrested in Brookhaven, Mississippi after having made threats to assassinate U.S. President elect Barack Obama during his inauguration on January 20, APA reports quoting Associated Press.[10]

Steven Joseph Christopher of Wisconsin is escorted from federal court in downtown Jackson on Friday afternoon after his appearance on charges of making assassination threats against President-elect Barack Obama.[13]

Dowdy said Christopher is charged with violating Title 18, United States Code, Section 871 - threatening to kill the President-Elect of the United States - which carries a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Federal agents were alerted to Christopher's threats after the Alien-Earth Web site administrator notified them of the posting, Dowdy said. He said Christopher posted his first threat against Obama on Jan. 11 and threatened an assassination again on Jan. 14.[11] Christopher, who reportedly made the threats on January 11, 15 and 16 in a chat forum on a website has been charged with threatening to kill Obama for "the country's own good," it said.[6]

Christopher faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if found guilty. He wrote in a website he wanted to kill Obama "because I can no longer allow the Jewish parasites to bully their way into making the American people submit to their evil ways."[8] If convicted, Christopher faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Christopher's online posts contained anti-Semitic views and said he wanted to kill Obama because he considered him "a sacrificial lamb," according to an affidavit filed by Secret Service agent Kelly Adcox.[13] Secret Service Agents arrested 42 year-old Steven Christopher Friday in Brookhaven. Investigators say he posted threatening messages against Obama online, including a countdown to the "assassination." They say the most recent threat was posted Friday. Others were posted Thursday and last Sunday.[15] Secret Service agents have arrested a Wisconsin man for making threats against President-elect Obama.[16]

A Wisconsin man is behind bars accused of threatening to assassinate President-Elect Barack Obama.[15] Jackson, MS (WLBT) - A man is behind bars after making threats on the internet to assassinate President-Elect Barack Obama. As it turns out the threat is not the only thing this man posted on the web. He calls himself "Stevie the Playboy", "Trinity" and in some cases "god."[7]

A man has been arrested for threatening to assassinate the U.S. President-elect, saying Barack Obama appointed Jews in Key posts.[17]

Christopher made threats against President-Elect Barack Obama on an internet chat forum on Jan. 11, 15 and 16, 2009.[12] Federal officials say Christopher made at least three threats against the president-elect while in a chat room. His conversation on the web included threats to assassinate Mr. Obama, calling him a "sacrificial lamb". Christopher even solicited funds to buy a bus ticket to get him to Washington in time for the inauguration.and to purchase a gun.[18] A judge ordered Christopher to be held until a bail hearing next Thursday. He is said to have made two threats on January 11 and January 15. The security scare came as Obama is preparing to take office as Americas first Black president at his inauguration in Washington next Tuesday. It followed the uncovering of a suspected neo-Nazi plot to kill Obama last October shortly before the U.S. election.[9] The post was riddled with expletives and anti-Semitism. In another posting on the same thread, Christopher also made reference to possible threats against outgoing President George W. Bush previously, saying, "let's hope this time they don't hang up on, like last time when I threatened to kill gw and called them to tell." It was not clear if, indeed, "gw" referred to Bush. In another posting, Christopher stated he was "stuck here in Mississippi" and asked the Web site's readers for help in traveling to Washington, D.C. and finding a firearm.[11] In a web posting just days ago, Christopher allegedly writes, "I'm stuck here in Mississippi and I'll need bus fare or some way of getting to Washington.[15]

The criminal complaint reveals federal agents found driver's license photos from Illinois, Texas and Wisconsin. He posted this picture of his license on the internet. Last February he was charged in Walworth County, Wisconsin with knowingly violating a domestic abuse order. No word on when and why he came to Mississippi. What about his assassination plot? In his web posting he had a countdown until the inauguration, but wrote he did not own a gun, someone would have to give him one and he would have to "get an easy shot off" because he's never fired a gun before.[7]

Christopher, who is from Wisconsin but was arrested in Brookhaven, Mississippi, could face up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if found guilty.[2]

Lincoln County Sheriff Steve Rushing said he accompanied Secret Service agents Friday at 11:30 a.m. to arrest Steven Joseph Christopher, 43, at a residence at 2033 California Road.[11] Lincoln County Sheriff Steve Rushing said Christopher had been staying at the house, which belonged to a female friend, for a few months. "We got the call this (Friday) morning from the Secret Service to help go pick him up," Rushing said. "We got him without incident."[13]

I'll need a leak in the Secret Service to get a close up shot." Christopher says he was bluffing, but for some Blacks, the online threats bring back memories of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. and President John F. Kennedy. Joyce Brown of Forest says, "If those persons in my era growing up assassinated our former president that he would be in danger so he has to be very careful in all ways."[15] The site's administrator reported the threats to the Secret Service, according to federal prosecutors.[13]

The postings are drawn from an affidavit filed by special agent Kelly Adcox with the United States Secret Service ' parts of which were provided in a Department of Justice press release. The alleged postings have not been edited by CBS News and are reproduced here as they appeared in the press release.[4]

The department said that "threats against the president-elect will be taken very seriously". "Use of Internet chat rooms to express those threats is as much a crime as uttering the words. Threats of this nature will be pursued swiftly and vigorously," it added. He is being held until a bail hearing scheduled for next Thursday and if convicted would be sentenced to maximum five years in prison and USD 250,000 fine. [6] "Threats against the president-elect will be taken very seriously," said U.S. attorney Dunn Lampton. "Use of Internet chatrooms to express those threats is as much a crime as uttering the words. Threats of this nature will be pursued swiftly and vigorously."[14]

John Dowdy, Chief of Criminal Division for the Office of the U.S. Attorney, said Christopher was staying with Lincoln County's Lena Lock at a residence on California Road. He also traveled back and forth to 1939 California Road - the residence of Lock's aunt, Etta Berry.[11]

Christopher appeared Friday afternoon in federal court, wearing a faded yellow shirt and shorts. Handcuffs bound his wrists and ankles. When asked by U.S. Magistrate Judge James Sumner if he suffered any mental illness or took medication for one, Christopher replied, "There is nothing wrong with my mind." Sumner ordered Christopher to be detained and recommended he be placed in isolation, but Christopher's public defender objected.[13] The Jews control the world. They need to be stopped," Christopher shouted as he was being escorted from federal court in Jackson on Friday.[17]

"You don't make threats against the president, you shouldn't make threats against anybody," says Heather Cole of Jackson. While she's excited about Obama's inauguration, as for the threats Steven Christopher allegedly made on his life. "I'm hoping this was not a serious thing, you do have people out there and you do have people who don't want to see a historic presidency going into office."[15] Connie Michael says Obama's historic win sent a strong message of change. "So right now every threat is serious I just hate that people still think that way, but I really hope that he is cautious and they keep him safe," says the Jackson woman.[15]

Barack Obama, I view more as a sacrificial lamb, but the sacrifice must take place." As Christopher exited the federal courthouse in handcuffs, he continued to spew his message. "I'm trying to get people's attention, they were only bluffs.[7]

• SparkleyPie 2009/01/19 16:56:05
    SparkleyPie
    +16
    I didn't read the whole article. If he threatened to kill Obama, then what he did was illegal and he should be arrested.

• lady bear Patti ... 2009/01/22 23:51:35
    lady bear
    +1
    On one of these great things he's done in your opinion what are they going to do with those who have been detained at Gitmo? Should we just say oops sorry go back home an continue with your bombings. Protecting the wolves is good but I wouldn't classify it as a Great thing. When are you people going to quit making every move he makes out to be this grand thing that no one else could do? I am all for protecting animals but Why not chose to protect the buffalo in Yellowstone from the yearly winter round ups and killings? They are killed far more frequently than the wolves. Also they are the LAST free bison herd in this country. These were not animals raised elsewhere and brought back to Yellowstone. All I am saying is quit putting this man on such a high pedestal. For crying out loud you obamites are really easily impressed. And before you go off, NO I didn't vote for Bush, I did not vote for either McCain or Obama, Frankly both parties are so screwed up the best thing we could do is boot every damn senator, representative entire white house staff and start over. Set term limits on The house, Senate, Supreme court and Presidency. It is time we cleaned house but once again too many areas voted the same ole stale over bloated people back in, expamples, Pelosi, Reid, Dodd, CLinton...
    On one of these great things he's done in your opinion what are they going to do with those who have been detained at Gitmo? Should we just say oops sorry go back home an continue with your bombings. Protecting the wolves is good but I wouldn't classify it as a Great thing. When are you people going to quit making every move he makes out to be this grand thing that no one else could do? I am all for protecting animals but Why not chose to protect the buffalo in Yellowstone from the yearly winter round ups and killings? They are killed far more frequently than the wolves. Also they are the LAST free bison herd in this country. These were not animals raised elsewhere and brought back to Yellowstone. All I am saying is quit putting this man on such a high pedestal. For crying out loud you obamites are really easily impressed. And before you go off, NO I didn't vote for Bush, I did not vote for either McCain or Obama, Frankly both parties are so screwed up the best thing we could do is boot every damn senator, representative entire white house staff and start over. Set term limits on The house, Senate, Supreme court and Presidency. It is time we cleaned house but once again too many areas voted the same ole stale over bloated people back in, expamples, Pelosi, Reid, Dodd, CLinton, Frank, Baucus, to name a few. There may be a few still in to save but probably would only take one hand to count that number.
    Also as long as he has not proven his citizenship all the GREAT things he has done mean nothing.
  • Patti ... lady bear 2009/06/07 04:18:36
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    I sign petitions for all the animals except sharks. I just cant bring myself to sign for things that have killed humans. I know they are part of the ecosystem but I cant support them for that reason. amen on both parties being screwed up. you can rest assured that i will be doing the same. amen on term limits. next election it would make a great statement voting them out. amen on your post
  • lady bear Patti ... 2009/06/08 05:54:02 (edited)
    lady bear
    +1
    Thank you Patti, appreciate the kind words. Gee if you can't sign for any animal that has killed humans then you'd leave my bears out , BOO HOO!!!!(LOL)
  • Patti ... lady bear 2009/06/08 19:00:01 (edited)
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Oh yea, but I havent left them out. Ive signed for them too. They arent always bad. This was great. ive signed ive watched polar bear play dog email playing < yea ive signed
  • lady bear Patti ... 2009/06/09 18:26:07
    lady bear
    +1
    Great pictures. Thanks.
  • Blade Master 2009/01/22 16:55:36
    Blade Master
    +3
    The man should be arrested for the threat. I'm not an Obama fan and I dislike him a lot, but a threat is a threat none the less and threats against are President regardless of who he is should be taken seriously.
  • Listen and Watch 2009/01/22 16:32:10
    Listen and Watch
    +2
    Arrested and put in a nut house. The guys a loon. He might just hurt someone else besides NObama. Never make threats only promises...
  • THAT girl 2009/01/22 16:10:59
    THAT girl
    +2
    absolutely not most of my freinds have said stuff ike that on the internet it doesn't meen they are going to i mean we do have "FREEDOME OF SPEACH", write?
  • truthan... THAT girl 2009/01/22 17:07:45
    truthandjusticeforall
    +1
    According to the BUSH DOCTRINE>>>> HE WILL BE TRIED AND CONVICTED>>>>
  • Patti ... truthan... 2009/01/22 21:38:31 (edited)
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    dont the bush doctrine PARDON criminals? Im thinking they do.
  • redhawk1 2009/01/22 14:34:48
    redhawk1
    +2
    Any Threat is inexcusable and needs to be Stopped... although I did not vote for Obama and will "hold his feet to the fire" I am against threats especially if it means giving light to the possibility if having that Idiot Biden as Cic...I am selfish I guess...
  • Mikey 2009/01/22 13:37:53
    Mikey
    +2
    Of course...
  • Pearl 2009/01/22 11:53:11
    Pearl
    +3
    The man is a mental case...
  • darpar 2009/01/22 10:41:30
    darpar
    +2
    And prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
  • CopyrightAllInformation Ima... 2009/01/22 08:30:09
    CopyrightAllInformation Images on this non-active account
    +2
    He deserves to be arrested, but it's not clear, for what. That rests on "credible", "means to act", and "..he decided he was going to", as well as the evidence gathered. Is it operational or aspirational (re: credible threat interpretation)?
  • Cfossedal 2009/01/22 07:52:06
    Cfossedal
    +3
    He's right; politicians get plenty of "threats" on the internet. If we were really going to arrest one man because he did something illegal, then arrest them all. This man was only arrested because he's on the right track as to why more government officials need to die.

I also don't consider assassination (or the threat) of a public official to be murder, because they exercise unreasonable powers and control unimaginable amounts of wealth so as not to be real citizens with any personal right to life while in office.
  • Nat 2009/01/22 07:11:40
    Nat
    +4
    Threatening to kill someone is illegal. End of story.
  • seattleman 2009/01/22 06:54:58
    seattleman
    +5
    Yes, he should be arrested and tried in court. Let a judge decide the case.
    Threats against anybody, president or private citizen, are not protected as free speech. It's the old saying "Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins".
    This was an open threat to kill, and must be taken seriously.
  • Go Green 2009/01/22 06:42:05 (edited)
    Go Green
    +4
    It is against the law to threaten the life of a president-elect!
  • flyer9753 2009/01/22 06:37:15
    flyer9753
    +6
    arrested and thrown in a rubber room.... guy is a loon, a stupid loon...
  • Tricia ~ Hope trumps hate! 2009/01/22 06:22:55
    Tricia ~ Hope trumps hate!
    +5
    Yes, definitely. The sorts of things he said are just like the screw loose people who actually do attempt to assassinate democratically elected political leaders. He probably needs to be in a mental facility, but I will leave that to the courts. People can not threaten the life of anyone, especially our political leaders without it being taken seriously. I have been shocked to see people doing it on SH and always report it if I see it.
  • j 2009/01/22 06:03:44
    j
    +3
    they should kill him! obama will bring change
  • Michaelene 2009/01/22 06:01:47
    Michaelene
    +5
    Lock up that sick racist p.o.s.
    The assasination threats of my president due to his anti semitism, it racism!
    Make it a hate crime and make sure he does not get out for a very long time.
  • Janice 2009/01/22 05:51:33
  • poet4justice 2009/01/22 05:43:04
    poet4justice
    +6
    even the governor of california sent the sherif to arrest a person who send him death theat
  • sadiesmom 2009/01/22 05:39:17
    sadiesmom
    +6
    Yup, totally..if for no reason other than to get him the help he obviously needs.
  • tbillmouse 2009/01/22 05:32:02 (edited)
    tbillmouse
    +4
    yeah, anybody fu**ed up enough to even threaten that should be put away for life looks like this cant even help him yeah fued threaten life
  • Peggy 2009/01/22 05:29:30
    Peggy
    +6
    You do the crime, you pay the time.
    When will people realize NO one can threaten the life of the President of the United States.
  • jukintx 2009/01/22 05:24:31
    jukintx
    +6
    Yes he should be arrested
  • .Christine. 2009/01/22 04:06:32
    .Christine.
    +7
    It's horrible to threaten to kill anyone. Expecially the president! He didn't sound like he was joking either. He was really serious. And that's scary.
  • Cesare B. 2009/01/22 03:22:21
    Cesare B.
    +3
    That depends on whether he actually organized such a threat. If he is just talking but not actually making any such plans, then he is harmless.
  • Queen B Cesare B. 2009/01/22 04:18:18
    Queen B
    +9
    If someone yells "FIRE!" in a crowded theatre should we decide if the person is harmless and "just talking" or should we run for safety? There is no question this goofball should have been arrested. In today's crazy political climate no threat against the president should be taken lightly.
  • Cesare B. Queen B 2009/01/22 08:14:41
    Cesare B.
    +1
    The difference is, your "FIRE!" remark IS an actual threat.
  • Queen B Cesare B. 2009/01/22 23:23:10
    Queen B
    Making threats on line or in person to kill a president is considered a threat that needs to be addressed by law enforcement. You think it's ok to threaten an elected official or is just ok to threaten the current president?
  • THAT girl Queen B 2009/01/22 16:14:10
    THAT girl
    +2
    this is totaly STUPID its not like he went up to obama holding a gun saying im going to kill you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • truthan... THAT girl 2009/01/22 17:09:04
    truthandjusticeforall
    +1
    YOU NEED TO SHUT UP, SIT DOWN,,,, YOU ARE A VERY STUPID IGNORANT PERSON.. JUST SHUT UP,,, GET EDUCATED UNLIKE SARAH PALIN,, IT WILL DO YOU GOOD.hahahahahahahahh
  • Queen B THAT girl 2009/01/22 23:24:52
    Queen B
    My reply to you is the same as to Cesare B. above. You two really are stupid. It's not ok to threaten to kill ANY public official whether you like them or not.
  • Tricia ... Cesare B. 2009/01/22 06:29:26
    Tricia ~ Hope trumps hate!
    +4
    We are not going to take the chance that he might be harmless. People do not get to over rule the democratic choice of the American people and they will be arrested if they threaten to kill him.
  • Storm Clouds 2009/01/22 02:36:14
    Storm Clouds
    +4
    First thing, when the threat was made he wasn't president yet and even if it continues afterwards its only a threat. What about all those people that have stalkers out there, then the officials are "well until they actually try to do something, we can't do anything about it". So I guess if you are deemed important enough you will get action just because of a threat, but if you are just the common person who has already had threats to their lives several times what their agressor threatens to do is irrelevant, its only a threat.
    Seems to me a double standard.
  • Michaelene Storm C... 2009/01/22 06:04:34
    Michaelene
    +4
    so very sad, this is common is domestic violence.
    The threats are not taken seriously.
    That is unjust.

But to threaten the Pres is a serious crime.

2014/09/03 07:40:52