Making medical costs unaffordable, ~~~ Back in 1977 the United States Supreme Court upheld the right of lawyers to advertise their services.

Rusty Bubbles 2012/08/31 21:11:13
The lawyers are the evil ones
Doctors don't really care for their patients

You see them on TV everyday, Lawyers advertising their services, promising the possibility for financial gain for the viewer. They file suit against a large drug manufacturer, insurance company, food distributor, or whoever......it really doesn't matter who, just as long as they know that the target has deep pockets and it's so much easier and cheaper to settle for a few million than to enter into a long drawn out legal battle.

The correlation between the 1977 ruling and the climb in insurance rates is hard to ignore

enter drawn legal battle thenbspcorrelationnbspbetween 1977nbsprulingnbspand climb insurance rates ignorenbsp

• westernslope~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/31 21:35:19
    I think.............
    westernslope~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    There is a story behind each one.
  • TheGreatEscape 2012/08/31 21:15:21
    I think.............
    TheGreatEscape
    The cost gets carried on to those of us in the medical profession as well. My malpractice insurance has gone up every year since I got my license to practice.
  • Rusty B... TheGrea... 2012/08/31 21:39:11
    Rusty Bubbles
    That's exactly the point! You also need to pass on the added financial burden to the patient or quit your desire to heal and take a job moping floors
  • TheGrea... Rusty B... 2012/08/31 21:49:16
    TheGreatEscape
    No thanks. I am happy with my job.

2014/10/01 20:29:46