Mainstream Democrat Delegates at Convention want to Ban or Cap Corporate Profits.Do You Agree or Disagree with Them?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/09 18:54:47
I disagree with these DNC delegates because....
I agree with these DNC delegates because....
Other Thoughts!

Posing as an anti-business crusader, Peter Schiff found a number of DNC delegates and attendees who support explicitly outlawing profitability. We deliberately avoided speaking with the occupy protestors camping outside in tents to get a more "mainstream" Democratic perspective!

Listen to The Peter Schiff show live and free.
Weekdays 10am to noon ET on http://SchiffRadio.com

• Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/09/09 19:04:00
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +12
    The Socialist (actually Communist) DNC need to butt out our lives. They are working hard to bankrupt this country. If there is ever a revolution...they will see first hand what a patriot is all about.

• Hamilton 2012/10/29 20:18:56
    Hamilton
    Profits are good. You cannot have wealth without profits, and you cannot end poverty without wealth.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/09/19 00:44:01
    Other Thoughts!
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    Sure! Let's drive ALL businesses out of the USA. Send everything overseas to the Muslims. God only knows they have nothing to do but stand in the streets with their arms raised while shouting how good their 'god' is!

egyptian rioters
  • JoeM~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/12 04:53:58
    JoeM~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    It would be nice to think that these were just a few misguided fools. OMG.. This nation is in big trouble if anyone in power shares these insane notions.
  • nails 2012/09/11 22:38:53
    Other Thoughts!
    nails
    +1
    How about a cap on any and everything the DNC want's.Happiness,Sadness,Rela...
    sleep,you name it.It seem's to be what they want to apply for everyone.How about we run
    a 10yr trial run with just them.Good Idea? I think so.
  • Prairie Wind 2012/09/11 21:18:11
    Prairie Wind
    +1
    The suggestion of banning financial compensation for undertaking the risk of selling a product or service is pure ignorance.
  • jimmie 2012/09/10 23:21:08
    jimmie
    +1
    This is what they do in communist country's
  • keeper 2012/09/10 20:28:45
    keeper
    +1
    Because they are crazy, and have no idea what they are talking about...
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2012/09/10 20:24:16
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    This is ridiculous. It is wrong to telll someone how much money they can make if they apply themselves, sacrifice thier time and money and family life, to make a successful business. Most of the time things are created because of either the desire to make money, fame, or obtain power.

It is also wrong that the democrats want to dictate what the salaries should be for the people who work in a compnay. That should be up to the head of the compnay and how he/she feels that job position contributes to the well being or profits of the company. The government should not be telling employers what every person working should be paid. The government should not be dictating whether we get health service or regulations that deny us treatment. The government should not be in charge of telling us how to live our day from the time we get out of bed to what time we need to go to bed at night.
  • Christi... Christi... 2012/09/10 20:28:03
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    Why don't we start with the corporations that support Obama. The very first corporations to be capped should be those owned by George Soros than microsoft and Bill Gates and so on.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/09/10 20:23:26
  • Kiosk Kid 2012/09/10 15:51:10
    Other Thoughts!
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    Hitler was a Marxist also. Below are points 11 and 14 of Hitlers 25 point Nazi party platform. I don't know why Democrats don't adopt Hitler entire Nazi Party platform. They certainly have adopted most of Hitler's methods.

11. That all unearned income, and all income that does not arise from work, be abolished.

14. We demand profit-sharing in large industries.

http://www.historyplace.com/w...
  • Bill 2012/09/10 15:30:24
    Bill
    +2
    Just LOL. I can't give such lunacy anymore thought than that.
  • jimmy Bill 2012/09/10 15:54:40
    jimmy
    +2
    I AGREE, TOTALLY LOONEY TOONS AT ITS BEST
  • Bill jimmy 2012/09/10 18:27:09
    Bill
    +2
    Thanks and a Halto Hat Tip to you. (I assume you remember Jimmy Halto.)
  • jimmy Bill 2012/09/10 18:28:57
    jimmy
    +1
    YEPPER
  • Bill jimmy 2012/09/10 18:40:48
    Bill
    +2
    When it comes to Democrats, Halto would say, "There Ought To Be A Law" or "They'll Do It Every Time"
  • jimmy Bill 2012/09/10 18:43:35
    jimmy
    +1
    that they well
  • Bearish~PWCM~ 2012/09/10 15:27:33 (edited)
    Bearish~PWCM~
    +2
    Capitalism is what made this country great.. Laziness and a sense of entitlement is what has been its undoing.. If the libs keep this up, We will see soup lines, Miles long..

soup lines
  • Theresa 2012/09/10 14:15:12
    Theresa
    +4
    Cap corp profits who decides? This stupid beyond belief! Capping anything prevents growth. Growth stymied means it seeks other venues. IE outsourcing!
  • Seonag 2012/09/10 13:20:23
    Seonag
    +5
    Ignorance on what drives business and what happens with corporate profits. How many of them have retirement funds in the market that earn dividends?

As a side note: A couple of months ago I was watching House Hunters International in a former Soviet controlled country. A couple was looking to rent an apartment. There were two types available. The less expensive ones were built for the 'average citizen.' The more expensive ones (larger, better appliances) were built for party members. Showed the true side of communism.
  • D D 2012/09/10 11:58:52
    D D
    +5
    It will be on small businesses as well. Preventing profit will also bring down wages and jobs. It is already bad enough.

This is just marxism, communism.
  • Marcus Clark 2012/09/10 08:09:11
    Marcus Clark
    +3
    Complete economic stupidity
  • HillaryLover 2012/09/10 06:16:38
    HillaryLover
    +2
    I would be adversely affected by it. It's personal, not political.
  • exhon2009 2012/09/10 03:12:07
    Other Thoughts!
    exhon2009
    +4
    I love questions like this because it brings out how incredibly ignorant liberals are about the economy and how corporations work.
  • dave s 2012/09/10 02:09:52
    dave  s
    +3
    these libs are so full of crap it makes me laugh. we hear this all the time. wasn't hillary ragging on oil companies a few years back about "windfall profits"??? that just tells me she doesn't understand how our economy works.
  • Christi... dave s 2012/09/10 20:32:17 (edited)
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +2
    Yes, the democrats still love to rag on oil profits dispite the fact that government has its hand out for 35 to 50 cents for every gallon of gas pumped, compared to an average of 4 to 6 cents of gas profit for the oil companies. Now which entity is hurting us at the pumps?
  • westernslope~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/10 01:39:49
    westernslope~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    this policy would be totally silly for USA
  • Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~ 2012/09/10 01:30:29
    Kat ♪.BTO-t-BCRA-F~PWCM~
    +3
    It would destroy more businesses.
    +4
    Because profit always makes the wheels turn in any system. Are they, then, as brazen as that? For theirs is the way of Communism.
  • sammanilla 2012/09/10 00:37:02
    sammanilla
    +2
    It's anti-capitalistic.
  • Wahvlvke 2012/09/10 00:23:39
    Wahvlvke
    +3
    Profit is what the whole system is about ... it adds jobs ... makes people strive for effeciency and excellence ... causes them to work harder and smarted ... brings about innovation ... causes people to invest.
    +3
    Why would anyone want to cap profit? If you don't like the cost, don't buy the product.
  • Studied 2012/09/09 23:50:02
    Other Thoughts!
    Studied
    +5
    Maybe they should concentrate on capping welfare.
  • texasred 2012/09/09 23:47:55
    texasred
    +6
    .... they are ucking-fay, Godless idiots.
  • kaZappoo 2012/09/09 23:25:08
    Other Thoughts!
    kaZappoo
    +2
    it's back & forth ....the two sides just dont & never will get it ..the dems want to take big business & profits and give it to the ones who don't want to or cannot work ...the democratic party have been programmed lately "because of the scarecty of prosperous jobs " to be depend on the system . this isnt the answer either !!

then the repubs want the people to take less wages so they can have bigger profits . and treat the worker like crap , so their profits are bigger " CEO's wages HUGE " and the stock holders good ..the workers less & less "thus creates disention towards the corps ..

then these corps here went to robotics in the 80's .. less people needed . by now the robotics paid for ...the only jobs now are servitude .. !

but lets program the people to hate the other party !

then the people get pissed at the dems they elect a repub //they get pissed at the repubs they elect a dem ...been this way for 150+ yrs ...the people are insane !!!!

and the parties need them to be programmed to believe what the reigning party needs !
  • StarWarsBob 2012/09/09 23:08:13
    Other Thoughts!
    StarWarsBob
    The delegates interviewed were not mainstream Democrats. If they were, then putting caps on corporate profits would be a part of the party platform. It is not. And the interviewer was asking leading questions looking for specific answers and edited out the negative responses.

I wonder how many Americans support giving Exxon-Mobile government subsidies (corporate welfare at taxpayer expense) - ($4 billions last year) when Exxon-Mobile is making almost $50 billions in profits in the last year?
  • dave s StarWar... 2012/09/10 02:14:00
    dave  s
    +2
    I wonder how many americans support giving "green energy" companies huge subsidies. Let's not forget that. how about we get rid of ALL subsidies?
  • StarWar... dave s 2012/09/10 03:29:31
    StarWarsBob
    The oil and gas industry lobby is one of the strongest in Washington DC. A recent poll showed this:
    "More than three out of four Americans (76 percent) - including 58 percent of Republicans, 83 percent of Independents, and 88 percent of Democrats -- think that the United States should move to a sustainable energy future through "a reduction in our reliance on nuclear power, natural gas and coal, and instead, launch a national initiative to boost renewable energy and energy efficiency.""
    http://www.civilsocietyinstit...

If the US is to become independent of foreign oil, then we must pursue renewable energy plans, and to do this tax incentives are a necessity.
  • Theresa StarWar... 2012/09/10 14:19:30 (edited)
    Theresa
    What stupidity! Renewable resources? Oil and Gas! Those are renewable resources! We live in a country awash in both but stupid slogans are preventing us from their true potential!
  • StarWar... Theresa 2012/09/10 16:06:31
    StarWarsBob
    No, renewable sources are wind, solar, wave, and thermal power.

Why is it that Republicans are NEVER satisfied no matter how much profits oil companies make? They want the Keystone oil pipeline erroneously claiming that it will reduce our dependence on foreign oil, when in fact the tar sands oil from the Keystone pipeline would be for EXPORT purposes fulfilling a Chevron oil company contract for diesel oil. And because refineries that now produce regular gasoline for this countries consumption would be converted to diesel oil production from the tar sands, thus reducing our already diminished refinery capacity which would RAISE gas prices in the US.
    http://priceofoil.org/keyston...
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinio...

2014/07/30 07:21:44