Liberals do not watch this video - if you wish to keep doublethinking - it is about that hated truth and clarity

ImageBandit ~ American Patriot 2011/10/23 18:20:52
Phil donohue is my man
Milton Freidman scores big
Milton Friedman owns Phil Donohue - he put the robin hood crowd on notice

http://thepatriotcaucus.com/2011/10/23/milton-friedman-owns-p...

Donahue: When you see around the globe the mal-distribution of wealth,
the desperate plight of millions of people in underdeveloped countries,
when you see so few haves and so many have-nots, when you see the greed
and the concentration of power, did you ever have a moment of doubt
about capitalism and whether greed’s a good idea to run on?

Friedman: Well, first of all, tell me is there some society you know
that doesn’t run on greed? You think Russia doesn’t run on greed? You
think China doesn’t run on greed? What is greed? Of course none of us
are greedy; its only the other fellow who’s greedy.

The world runs on individuals pursuing their separate interests. The
great achievements of civilization have not come from government
bureaus. Einstein didn’t construct his theory under order from a
bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn’t revolutionize the automobile industry that
way. In the only cases in which the masses have escaped from the kind
of grinding poverty you’re talking about, the only cases in recorded
history are where they have had capitalism and largely free trade. If
you want to know where the masses are worst off, it’s exactly in the
kinds of societies that depart from that. So that the record of history
is absolutely crystal clear: that there is no alternative way so far
discovered of improving the lot of the ordinary people that can hold a
candle to the productive activities that are unleashed by a free
enterprise system.

Donahue: But it seems to reward not virtue as much as ability to manipulate the system.

Friedman: And what does reward virtue? You think the communist commissar
rewards virtue? You think a Hitler rewards virtue? You think – excuse
me, if you will pardon me – do you think American presidents reward
virtue? Do they choose their appointees on the basis of the virtue of
the people appointed or on the basis of their political clout? Is it
really true that political self interest is nobler somehow than economic
self interest? You know I think you are taking a lot of things for
granted. Just tell me where in the world you find these angels who are
going to organize society for us? Well, I don’t even trust you to do
that.

Read More: http://thepatriotcaucus.com/2011/10/23/milton-frie...

• Kanada 2011/11/10 22:28:21 (edited)
    Kanada
    First of all greed is pretty easy to define in a real world way. Remember your single digit years. You know elementary school. Greed is taking all the cookies on the plate that are meant for the whole class. Not being greedy is having self control and some self awareness. You take two cookies because the teacher told you thats how many you get. When you asked why the last time the teachers told you that you can only have two because that way every one gets some. Saying that greed is a abstract concept is stating a fact. Insinuating that it is too complicated a subject for the layperson to understand is false. At some point in life we all should have learned about the topic in great detail for me it was elementary school.

"Einstein didn’t construct his theory under order from a
    bureaucrat."

No he did it because he found science interesting and I would bet soothing. Every one should learn more about his life. It humanizes his science a bit and makes it less daunting to try to understand. Also you should look up the story of what happened to his brain after he died. I digress. Einstein was not a product of "capitalism" he was a gifted smart person. From germany by the way.

Henry Ford. His first real point in the argument. The rest was just to get you feeling stupid for not knowing...

bureaucrat."

Henry Ford. His first real point in the argument. The rest was just to get you feeling stupid for not knowing what to say. Thankfully we have the internet today where given enough time any one can find out the correct answer.

"In the only cases in which the masses have escaped from the kind
    history are where they have had capitalism and largely free trade."

Organized market places allow people to find ways of climbing out of poverty. I'll bet! Weather or not that had "free trade" and the other details of the collective economies of mankind will remain largely a secret of history. I know the romans where very involved with their trade policy to create a better market for certain goods though. They even went to war over the right to reduce the amount of foreign wine in trade. Learned about that last bit on a history channel thing about Rome. Very long.

"If you want to know where the masses are worst off, it’s exactly in the
    kinds of societies that depart from that."

Actually it is in the parts of South America and Africa where the largest deposits of rare earth elements and oil are. The places of which I speak usually have a direct conflict of interest between the local inhabitants and the companies that export those resources to 1st world countries. sadly this isn't just diamonds and oil but also many elements needed in the construction of digital technologies.

"So that the record of history
    enterprise system."

You know, I checked and, he is not a history major or even well known for an understanding of world history. Moving on.

"And what does reward virtue? You think the communist commissar
    virtue?"

The question was about weather or not this unregulated market idea only rewarded people inclined and able to manipulate the system. He answer the question with an other question. Then instantly starts talking about communism and hitler. That is known as building a straw man argument in debate and I just call it skirting the point. I think more often though it is suppose to be our selfs and the people we choice to spent our time with that reward virtue. Maybe at church too if your that type.

"You know I think you are taking a lot of things for
    that."

I don't think we should count on angels to organize our society. I personally don't want my society reorganized. I would like to see the disparity between super wealthy and super poor of the nation shrink a little. I think tax and market regulation could be used to do this with ending the world or building a new USSR and that this act would release tension in our society. Not a major overhaul all at once but the really obvious bits first. Like corporate personhood and predatory lending practices could go.
  • KingdomNow 2011/10/24 19:59:45
    Milton Freidman scores big
    KingdomNow
    Donohue? That intellectual lightweight couldn't shine Friedman's shoes!
  • tea for you 2011/10/24 19:55:33
    tea for you
    double thinking LOL it's doublespeak
  • *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP 2011/10/24 18:50:15
    Milton Freidman scores big
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +1
    Well done!

It is thanks to Phil Donahue attacking Rush on his show that I began listening to Rush.

Uber-libs are SUCH a joke! LOL!

• ImageBa... *Danno*... 2011/10/24 19:53:53
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    wow what do they do to stay alive???
  • *Danno*... ImageBa... 2011/10/27 18:09:18
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +1
    Most of them continue to tug on mommy's apron strings, and the rest get Socialist assistances. ;o)
  • ImageBa... *Danno*... 2011/10/27 23:09:34
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    ah yes obamas army
  • *Danno*... ImageBa... 2011/10/29 17:59:02
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +1
    The really funny thing is, most of these clueless CHILDREN will not vote for the boy POTUS:

Bad news: 73% of Occupy Wall Street protesters disapprove of Obama’s job performance
  • ImageBa... *Danno*... 2011/10/29 23:38:15
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    BWAHaahahahahaha
  • AL 2011/10/24 07:46:50 (edited)
    Milton Freidman scores big
    AL
    +1
    Without the private sector job creators , there is no real capitalism or jobs either! Yet the worst part of that is, less Private sector jobs! That also leads to each of us tax payers having to pay what their no longer going to pay in taxes! And that will happen just to support the Government jobs we still need to fund!
  • ImageBa... AL 2011/10/24 19:59:25
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    communism/socialism/leftistism all depend on capitalism to exist at all and they dont know it - if you chop off the roots of profits the tree of productivity dies - then who pays the bills?? https://www.artforconservatio...
  • AL ImageBa... 2011/10/24 21:17:00
    AL
    +1
    All we have to do is look at Obamas own hypocrisy for example! A very wealthy share the wealth Socialist himself, that has his own illegal alien family living off the Government dole now as well! Who's wealth does he really think he's sharing there anyway?
  • ImageBa... AL 2011/10/24 23:08:08
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    the hated white peoples wealth
  • AL ImageBa... 2011/10/25 03:57:51
    AL
    +1
    The only ones that can give them jobs as well!
  • ImageBa... AL 2011/10/25 05:05:34
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    bite the hand that feeds you

they do have a reality problem
  • AL ImageBa... 2011/10/25 05:10:21
    AL
    +1
    It must be from all that drug use I guess!
  • ImageBa... AL 2011/10/25 16:35:59
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    yep thats real paranoia
  • AL ImageBa... 2011/10/25 22:46:17
    AL
    +1
    You got it!
  • ImageBa... AL 2011/10/25 23:54:39
  • mrigor 2011/10/24 02:08:42
    mrigor
    +2
    Terrible argument.
  • cubangangsta 2011/10/24 01:09:04
    Milton Freidman scores big
    cubangangsta
    +1
    The truth comes out everytime. Donohue sucks, Friedman scores big.
  • ImageBa... cubanga... 2011/10/24 01:09:50
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    the truth will set us free
  • Jimbo 2011/10/23 23:01:53
    Jimbo
    Friedman is an idiot. Fascism is control of the economy by the government and corporations. Communism is ownership of the economy with no private property. If you want to read a founding fathers view on civilization and the unnatural concentration of wealth, an excerpt form Paine's Agrarian Justice responding to a pastor that quoted the Bible on God made the poor and rich.
    http://www.cooperativeindivid...

In this work, his last great pamphlet published in the winter of 1795-1796, Paine continued the discussion he began in Part II of the Rights of Man of the problem of the elimination of poverty and developed further his proposals for limiting the accumulation of property. The crux of the entire question of eliminating poverty, he points out, lay in the institution of private property, for this principle was the source of the evils of society. Landed property and private property, he argued, were made possible only by the operation of society since whatever property men accumulated beyond their own labor came from the fact that they lived in society. "... The accumulation of personal property," he wrote, "is, in many instances, the effect of paying too little for the labor that produced it; the consequence of which is, that the working hand perishes in old age, and the employer...
    http://www.cooperativeindivid...

In this work, his last great pamphlet published in the winter of 1795-1796, Paine continued the discussion he began in Part II of the Rights of Man of the problem of the elimination of poverty and developed further his proposals for limiting the accumulation of property. The crux of the entire question of eliminating poverty, he points out, lay in the institution of private property, for this principle was the source of the evils of society. Landed property and private property, he argued, were made possible only by the operation of society since whatever property men accumulated beyond their own labor came from the fact that they lived in society. "... The accumulation of personal property," he wrote, "is, in many instances, the effect of paying too little for the labor that produced it; the consequence of which is, that the working hand perishes in old age, and the employer abounds in affluence." God had never opened a land office, he held, from which perpetual deeds to the earth should be issued. He spoke, he boldly declared, for "all those who hive been thrown out of their natural inheritance by the introduction of the system of landed property." It is of some interest to note that Thomas Jefferson observed, in a letter to Rev. James Madison in February, 1787: "Whenever there are in a country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate the natural right. The earth is given as a common stock for man to labor and live on. If for the encouragement of industry we allow it to be appropriated, we must take care that other employment be provided for those excluded from the appropriation. If we do not, the fundamental right to labor the earth returns to the unemployed.
  • ImageBa... Jimbo 2011/10/23 23:05:39
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    I told you not to watch that video - it only makes you get all funny and lie a lot
  • cubanga... ImageBa... 2011/10/24 01:11:25
    cubangangsta
    +2
    LOL so true, I think his eyes are popping out.
  • ImageBa... cubanga... 2011/10/24 01:23:29
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    yep and steam is coming from his collar
  • AL ImageBa... 2011/10/24 07:51:54
    AL
    +1
    Jimbo's an idiot himself, so what can you expect then?
  • ImageBa... AL 2011/10/24 20:03:06
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    I have heard his ridiculous comments before
  • AL ImageBa... 2011/10/24 20:08:16
    AL
    +1
    The man is an insult to any common sense at all really
  • ImageBa... AL 2011/10/24 20:11:02
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    I stopped reading his drivel - dont have the time
  • AL ImageBa... 2011/10/24 20:23:37
    AL
    +1
    I'm learning not to waste my time on these brain washed idiots now myself! It's like trying to debate with two year olds most on the time anyway
  • ImageBa... AL 2011/10/24 20:29:14
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    that is true
  • tea for... ImageBa... 2011/10/24 19:57:09
  • cubanga... Jimbo 2011/10/24 01:08:16
    cubangangsta
    +3
    Blah, blah, blah, BS, blah, blah.
  • ImageBa... cubanga... 2011/10/24 01:10:26
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    LOL - you make more sense than he did
  • TruBluTopaz 2011/10/23 22:32:50
    Milton Freidman scores big
    TruBluTopaz
    +2
    No utopian dream has ever worked. Not one. Yet we seem to have radical, political, green party, Democrat platform that mandates untopian ideals. Sure, everyone, even conservatives, want clearn water and air. Everyone wants to take care of the poor. But at what cost? And that's the big question. I don't think one party is necessarily more virtuous than the other, but I just don't think liberals hold anyone accountable for the foibles of their own choices. We are a free society. With freedom comes responsibility. Liberals would absolve us all from the reality of responsibility under the umbrella of a network of costly and largely ineffectual programs that seem to benefit the government and politicians in terms of power than it does the people targeted as recipients. Just look at the way welfare laws have shattered families, especially African American families. What used to be a rich and varied culture of educated professionals throughout the demographic has become divided into one part that has seized their ability to strive and another large group content to allow others to support them indefinitely and even through generations. While middle and upper class African Americans may vote Democrat, their personal lives have far more in common with Tea Party members than the typical Democrat as outlined by party platform.
  • ImageBa... TruBluT... 2011/10/23 22:45:06
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    very tru ... um ... tru

thanks for the insight
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2011/10/23 22:26:53
    Milton Freidman scores big
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Milton is right on the money on this. I don't understand why the liberals don't just head on over to their utopia in North Korea? It is exactly what they are demanding.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
  • ImageBa... Torchma... 2011/10/23 22:29:30
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    truth is so dull - if it were not then they wouldnt be making up so many exciting lies
  • robinsw... Torchma... 2011/10/24 23:20:18
    robinswebnest
    +1
    You are so right; check out this video of the useful idiots that are occupying Wall Street. I am sharing it with as many people as I can.
    http://mrctv.org/videos/forme...

2014/07/29 02:33:33